With the Rehash fest that is underway... Money grubbing!

#1 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

I re-read this entire thread again.

I see it's 80% cows in here defending Naughty Dog and TLOU.

Why would you defend this practice guys? I have even seen some of you bashing halo for this same thing? What makes Naughty Dog the acceptation to the pan-handling practice?

@trugs26 I see your pain about WW HD. I did add The Halo Collection though. Even Minecraft is offering a 5 dollar upgrade program. I added it also.

Minecraft is still the same double-dip practice. I don't feel it even deserves a break, even if it is a 5 dollar upgrade. It's still a money grab?

These are my feelings on the these companies trying to get into our pockets twice.

Now imagine if Microsoft and Sony went 100% online digital download only, like steam this gen? I know this is a hypothetical situation.

Would this practice work in a Steam like environment? You know what. They are trying to lay the foundation right now for this underhanded tactic, and stupid people are biting. I am just trying to show how this is a BAD thing that should never be accepted from gamers.

I am just trying to take a stand?

@speedfog said:

Okay this thread is childish.

Let's get real, TC is right. They sell us the SAME games over and over again, only with a little resolution update and in rare cases just small graphics update. (Halo MC collection is one of those that are worth it the money.)

Remember how many "HD" releases the PS3 had? Or may I say bad ports from the PS2? Way to much.

Do you agree if they can take the time to make these dirty ports. They could take the time to implement backwards compatibility?

If it wasn't a money grab why wouldn't they just take the efforts to use these resources to make new games.

This dirty business practice was a structured plan way before these companies decided these console wouldn't be backwards compatible.

It's not like they released these consoles and said hell lets double dip. This is a strategic money grab that has been at these companies board tables, way before these consoles became a reality. IMO

Should we adopt this practice as gamers that already paid once for the same game?

This is dirty, no matter how you spin it in my eyes. It is a calculated strategy....In place to extort gamers.

We should not support this...as much as we should not support an online only CLOSED Prices digital only infrastructure that Microsoft was trying to create.

It only hurts us IMO. I will voice my opinion on it. If you're a gamer and bought a the SAME game ALREADY. Why allow this shit to go down?

Why would gamers lets these scums sit back and lie about backwards compatibility. Then release these games.

It makes zero sense any gamer would be happy about this underhanded practice to me. To actually argue in favor of it?

When these teams could be used to create NEW content.

This is pre-meditated only to extort us. To hell with that shit!

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and these panhandling developers make me sick.

This is a strategic move to milk gamers. These rehashes have been in development for quiet some time. The same time to add little features to say they're somehow NEW games. Worth a premium price.

Instead of taking the time to allow us to access the DAMN games we already paid for 7th gen. These trash money grubbing twats just keep their filthy hands out. Pretending this is not a form of backwards compatibility that should be accessible through an update.

If they can rewrite an entire game for the X1, WiiU, and PS4.....How the fuck is this not the same thing as backwards compatibility with a price tag on it?

Tomb Raider DE

Wind Waker HD

The Walking Dead

Minecraft

Halo Collection---This may be an exception due to the content involved. Still is a money grab. Can't spin it!

TLOU

1. Make fun of Nintendo's backwards compatibility.

2. Make gamers pay for games twice.

3. ... (Wait for it.)

4. Profit.

The list is becoming disgusting.............

All dirty fucking tactics to rob gamers. Gamers that paid for these games 7th gen. Should not have to pay twice?

There is in no way a gamer that has bought these games ONCE can support this tactic.

A} You're either a Stealth Developer standing up for this deceptive tactic?

B} You're a Shill working for the developers or companies.

C} You don't like your money?

D} You don't play on the PC where true Digital Freedom is the rule, not the exception.

These 8th gen consoles are 100% digital. There is no excuse.

The time taken for these re-masters should have been used to make the games backwards compatible through a patch. Not a rewrite money grubbing attempt to get in our wallets.

They want to sit and pretend our Blu-ray players in our X1 and PS4s can't do a CD check from a Blu-ray or DVD disk from the 7th gen in our PS3 and 360's? With a patch update installed to 8th gen compatibility?

How the hell is this any different than making a game backwards compatible? These scum-bags took the time to add all these so called improvements. Yet can't implement backwards compatibility? T3h...We can't emulate the game. We sure as hell can re-master and rob...

This is my stance.

What do you guys think?

@GameSpot I do not understand why Gaming Journalists are not calling these Scum-Bags out for this....Money grubbing tactic?

Do your Jobs GameSpot. Stand up for us!

Have our backs....I would destroy them for this tactic. It may cost advertising dollars. It would also create so many positive hits to your site if you called these guys out!

EDIT: for clarification on my stance on this problem "Opinion Piece"

I again just want to 100% say.

I am not trying to take any VALUE these re-masters have to consumers. There is great value to be had for all. The benefits are there.

What I am trying to do, is show how this devalues the games we already paid for. Sometimes less than 3 years ago.

The fact that these companies tell half-truths, about backwards compatibility. "We're looking for a solution to the problem." Then release the EXACT same game with updated assets. With their hands out. Giving nothing back to their loyal customers in return. The LIE.

There is NOTHING wrong with this practice for people that never had a chance to play the game! It's win for those people.

The question is, is it win for the people who already bought the game. Sometimes less than a year ago? Companies saying we're working on a solution to backwards compatibility to the people that do OWN the games in question. Then slapping us in the face with identical games that have more assets?

Does this practice.....demonstrate their desires to make games backwards compatible for their consumers. To me it demonstrates the opposite.

Let me give you a recent example of this in the PC play ground. Why this shit should not fly when it comes to consoles.

Tomb Raider DE will never be released on the PC... Why do you think this is? What would PC gamers do about this. If crystal dynamics were to try and double-dip for 50-60 dollars for the same game?

The asset patch from the console DE version has been with held from PC gamers too. Why do you think this is?

Does this give hollow value to the console double-dip? To with hold content from PC gamers? Both versions are x86 and run AMD drivers?

Why not release the patch?

You can't let these companies talk out the side of their faces saying one thing, then let them do the exact opposite while looking you in the eye.

I know my view is not popular for those of you that did not get the opportunity to play the games in question yet?

As for me dropping $50-$60 less than 3 years ago. I feel like I'm being led to a slaughter house with a candy apple dangling in my face.

I know I don't have to buy it.....I already did.

#2 Posted by Gue1 (9782 posts) -

I don't like most of the games we get these days but I always somehow manage to find something that I like and this is why I don't care.

#3 Posted by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -

And how dare they old a fucking gun to my head and force me to buy it?! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

#4 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I don't like most of the games we get these days but I always somehow manage to find something that I like and this is why I don't care.

It's the FACT they say they can't make the games backwards compatible... Or the We're working on a solution... BS line.

Then release these games that are so called re-mastered.

It's an insult...and theft. IMO.

#5 Posted by B4X (4306 posts) -

@D4RKL1NG said:

And how dare they old a fucking gun to my head and force me to buy it?! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

Ask yourself this... Why can't they make our games Backwards compatible...Yet pull this BS?

This kills the whole EMULATION BS line...../amiright?

#6 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4372 posts) -

Well don't really think the XONE or PS4 are really capable of emulating their predecessors. Still a easy money grab but still.

#7 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

Simple as "Dont buy". If you dont buy then they will get the message sooner or later if enough people do it. Out of all those Games which you mentioned the only one which I may play is TLoU but on PS3 as Halo is / was crap from get go and havent played really A TR Game since PSX when Lara use to sound like she was "Orgasmining" every time she hit a wall.

PS: I brought Zelda WW HD last week. BLAME NINTENDO TOO, Not just Sony and MS.

#8 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

@GameSpot I do not understand why Gaming Journalists are not calling these Scum-Bags out for this....Money grubbing tactic?

Do your Jobs GameSpot. Stand up for us!

Have our backs....I would destroy them for this tactic. It may cost advertising dollars. It would also create so many positive hits to your site if you called these guys out!

#9 Posted by B4X (4306 posts) -

@dobzilian:

I blamed all developers for doing this. I can add WindWaker HD and Nintendo too?

#10 Posted by Flubbbs (3060 posts) -

rob gamers? you do know youre not being forced to buy anything

#11 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

rob gamers? you do know youre not being forced to buy anything

To me not making games I paid for backwards compatible in a DIGITAL AGE and making re-hashes of the very same games is robbery.

I respect your opinion also.

#12 Posted by KungfuKitten (20976 posts) -

1. Make fun of Nintendo's backwards compatibility.
2. Make gamers pay for games twice.
3. ... (Wait for it.)
4. Profit.

#13 Edited by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

@b4x: Yes Nintendo with Zelda OoT and WW as they are exactly the same as Halo as theyre just merely ports for money grabbing. I did get mine free like from purchaskng Mario Kart though.

Oops my bad, never seen Nintendo mentioned previously lol.

#14 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

@dobzilian said:

@b4x: Yes Nintendo with Zelda OoT and WW as they are exactly the same as Halo as theyre just merely ports for money grabbing. I did get mine free like from purchaskng Mario Kart though.

Oops my bad, never seen Nintendo mentioned previously lol.

I added them in an edit to the OT.

#15 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

There is in no way a gamer that has bought these games ONCE can support this tactic.

A} You're either a Stealth Developer standing up for this deceptive tactic?

B} You're a Shill working for the developers or companies.

C} You don't like your money?

D} You don't play on the PC where true Digital Freedom is the rule, not the exception.

These 8th gen consoles are 100% digital. There is no excuse.

#16 Edited by OhSnapitz (18312 posts) -

Sony stated this last gen will all of their HD collections and cows ate it up... trends can be dangerous my friend.

Anyway.. It's not bad if there are a few titles that fall in this category but I have seen entirely too many at the start of this gen. My opinion.. hey if you want to re-release titles (so close to their initial release), go ahead. But at least give us a discounted rate. TR DE retailed for $60 and then dropped to $30 digitally about a month later. It was a cash grab plan and simple.

Which Is why I bought it on Steam for $5.

#17 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7331 posts) -

Nobody is forcing you to buy them. -_-

#18 Edited by Spitfire-Six (506 posts) -

I feel your pain but I don't know if I would add nintendo in that list. I played the first windwaker and then bought the new one for my kids. Nintendo's library is about getting parents to buy games they enjoyed for their kids. That's how they survive that's why they are nintendo.

#19 Posted by B4X (4306 posts) -

I feel your pain but I don't know if I would add nintendo in that list. I played the first windwaker and then bought the new one for my kids. Nintendo's library is about getting parents to buy games they enjoyed for their kids. That's how they survive that's why they are nintendo.

Love Nintendo. They don't get a pass. It's the same tactic.

#20 Posted by Spitfire-Six (506 posts) -

@b4x: but just because Microsoft and Sony are now hip to this it's ok to call nintendo out? This is their entire existence lol. I think a windwaker remake is different than a Tlou.

#21 Posted by B4X (4306 posts) -

@spitfire-six: You are definitely entitled to your opinion .

I respect that. I have mine too. I feel the tactic is underhanded.

You can make a thread supporting this tactic?

#22 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7353 posts) -

I do not consider the Halo collection the same as something like TLoU. One is a game that is only a year old with only slightly touched up graphics but the other is 4 games that span 13 years and 2 generations of consoles.

#23 Posted by GamingTitan (541 posts) -

Your wallet speaks volumes OP. Don't buy these then. If you want to be mad at someone then be mad at the gamers supporting this behavior.

#24 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

If you already played it would you want to play again.

Most all remaies include. All the dlc ect the had to offer.

Even if there was backwards compabity. I sure wouldnt settle for not updated one...

#25 Posted by MBirdy88 (8057 posts) -

@b4x said:

@D4RKL1NG said:

And how dare they old a fucking gun to my head and force me to buy it?! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

Ask yourself this... Why can't they make our games Backwards compatible...Yet pull this BS?

This kills the whole EMULATION BS line...../amiright?

.... you make it sound like the developers fault? at least their are providing consumors with a ... costly fix.

#26 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

I do not consider the Halo collection the same as something like TLoU. One is a game that is only a year old with only slightly touched up graphics but the other spans 13 years and 2 generations of consoles.

True...They are still games that can be made backwards compatible. If they can be made re-mastered?

If you own the game and have the disk still.

The Halo 5 beta and Movie series made it hard to add.

I'm am not saying these games HOLD zero value. I'm just saying, if I OWN it and you're going to take the time to milk. Take the time to make the game I paid for work on your so called digital platform.

If you have the code running on a re-mastered version. Then the code is ALL READY written to implement backwards compatibility through a digital patch and CD check on 8th gen consoles.

There is Zero excuse for them not to FLIP THE SWITCH!

#27 Posted by B4X (4306 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@b4x said:

@D4RKL1NG said:

And how dare they old a fucking gun to my head and force me to buy it?! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

Ask yourself this... Why can't they make our games Backwards compatible...Yet pull this BS?

This kills the whole EMULATION BS line...../amiright?

.... you make it sound like the developers fault? at least their are providing consumors with a ... costly fix.

Stop! I damn near spit my coffee!! :)

#28 Posted by onewiththegame (4247 posts) -

Just don't buy them I won't be double dipping on TLOU (great game but I already beat it 3 times and got all single player trophies)

#29 Posted by Heil68 (43996 posts) -

When the original game sold so well, it would seem like an easy decision to bring it to the next systems, considering it's easier to remaster a game than create a full new game. Can't blame the companies really and if people buy them, they will continue to make and release them.

#30 Posted by Spitfire-Six (506 posts) -

It's not as simple to write an emulation program that covers all last gen games. It's much easier to rehash a game to the new system. Psnow and some similar service with xbox maybe the best solution.

#31 Posted by B4X (4306 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

When the original game sold so well, it would seem like an easy decision to bring it to the next systems, considering it's easier to remaster a game than create a full new game. Can't blame the companies really and if people buy them, they will continue to make and release them.

Is this a JUST practice to gamers? In a TRUE 100% digital era?

I'm defiantly not saying this holds no value to new consumers.

I just don't like the lies these scumbags say, that they can't do it.

Phil Spencer saying "We're looking into a solution". Then having code already in place for re-hashes.

I'm not saying release the updated features code 1 to 1. Just the original game content with a digital patch.

The compatibility code is already written. It would not run re-mastered if it wasn't.

I feel the point is valid?

#32 Posted by MBirdy88 (8057 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

When the original game sold so well, it would seem like an easy decision to bring it to the next systems, considering it's easier to remaster a game than create a full new game. Can't blame the companies really and if people buy them, they will continue to make and release them.

Is this a JUST practice to gamers? In a TRUE 100% digital era?

I'm defiantly not saying this holds no value to new consumers.

I just don't like the lies these scumbags say, that they can't do it.

Phil Spencer saying "We're looking into a solution". Then having code already in place for re-hashes.

I'm not saying release the updated features code 1 to 1. Just the original game content with a digital patch.

The compatibility code is already written. It would not run re-mastered if it wasn't.

I feel the point is valid?

...... how when neither previous console had the same architecture? especially the PS3....

#33 Posted by Spitfire-Six (506 posts) -

Taking game assets into a game engine and then exporting a new product that fits the new architech is much easier.

#34 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

@spitfire-six said:

It's not as simple to write an emulation program that covers all last gen games. It's much easier to rehash a game to the new system. Psnow and some similar service with xbox maybe the best solution.

If the game is running re-mastered. The compatibility code is already in place.

It's not like they 100% built the game from the ground up. Removing all original assets.

This has nothing to do with EMULATION. The code is already there?

They are just milking their customers and calling their consoles TRUE DIGITAL experiences.

PC games run on 1000s of different configurations. Consoles in a digital age are immune to this coding process?

#35 Posted by Heil68 (43996 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

When the original game sold so well, it would seem like an easy decision to bring it to the next systems, considering it's easier to remaster a game than create a full new game. Can't blame the companies really and if people buy them, they will continue to make and release them.

Is this a JUST practice to gamers? In a TRUE 100% digital era?

I'm defiantly not saying this holds no value to new consumers.

I just don't like the lies these scumbags say, that they can't do it.

Phil Spencer saying "We're looking into a solution". Then having code already in place for re-hashes.

I'm not saying release the updated features code 1 to 1. Just the original game content with a digital patch.

The compatibility code is already written. It would not run re-mastered if it wasn't.

I feel the point is valid?

No, look at music and movies, they do it ALL the time. How man remastered Led Zeppelin albums or Star Wars videos are there?

#36 Posted by nethernova (4086 posts) -

@b4x said:

To me not making games I paid for backwards compatible in a DIGITAL AGE and making re-hashes of the very same games is robbery.

You don't make sense. You don't make "games backwards compatible". You make systems backwards compatible but that's not the same. I didn't buy GTA 5 and The Last of Us for my PS3 because it was obvious they would remake them for the PS4. The PS4 being backwards compatible wouldn't solve a damn thing because the games would still have the last gen restrictions so they have to remake them. What you want is some kind of magical forward compatibility where old games suddenly make use of new hardware. Complete nonsense.

#37 Posted by B4X (4306 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

When the original game sold so well, it would seem like an easy decision to bring it to the next systems, considering it's easier to remaster a game than create a full new game. Can't blame the companies really and if people buy them, they will continue to make and release them.

Is this a JUST practice to gamers? In a TRUE 100% digital era?

I'm defiantly not saying this holds no value to new consumers.

I just don't like the lies these scumbags say, that they can't do it.

Phil Spencer saying "We're looking into a solution". Then having code already in place for re-hashes.

I'm not saying release the updated features code 1 to 1. Just the original game content with a digital patch.

The compatibility code is already written. It would not run re-mastered if it wasn't.

I feel the point is valid?

No, look at music and movies, they do it ALL the time. How man remastered Led Zeppelin albums or Star Wars videos are there?

Dude my old music and movies will play on anything. Unless we're going back to VHS and cassette. Then I can just re-master them myself in their original format on a new medium?

#38 Posted by lostrib (35889 posts) -

just don't buy the game...

#39 Posted by Heil68 (43996 posts) -

Well with both new consoles using new architecture, it is what it is. These companies are in business to make money, there will always be remasters and quite possibly we wont ever see BC on MS or Sony consoles again.

And you cant remaster music and movies yourself like it comes from the creators.

#40 Posted by Spitfire-Six (506 posts) -

Think of it like this, game engines are neutral when it comes to the platform they produce games for, the export or the final project file is what determines the platform. Think of it like a exe file on a PC. The game engine exports the file based on the plugins that apply to said system. The engine programmer can later change or adjust the render pipeline and etc but it's not coded from scratch.

What your asking is for to take a exe file and make it work on a mac. The way the program accesses resources is specific to the platform. They would have to re write the memory access pattern to fit the new console. Software emulation is the only way to do true backwards compatible but the systems aren't powerful enough.

#41 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

@lostrib said:

just don't buy the game...

So in an All Digital ONLINE ERA. My shit shouldn't run?

Make this case to PC gamers that play games 20 years old. Watch the backlash.

Guess what Console manufactures. Don't call your POS online all digital world consoles. ALL IN ONE DEVICES..

Not pointed at you bro. Just saying.

#42 Posted by Guy_Brohski (285 posts) -

Well don't really think the XONE or PS4 are really capable of emulating their predecessors. Still a easy money grab but still.

The Xbox One and Xbox 360 both have Radeon based GPUs, I don't think it would be much of a problem there... The PS4 and PS3 is a different story though...

#43 Posted by B4X (4306 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Well with both new consoles using new architecture, it is what it is. These companies are in business to make money, there will always be remasters and quite possibly we wont ever see BC on MS or Sony consoles again.

And you cant remaster music and movies yourself like it comes from the creators.

Never said that...not about the games or the music or movies.

I'm talking my original content WORKING. With out the fancy upgrades.

If they can make the game re-mastered. The compatibility code is already there.

My views on the matter are all through this thread.

If you support this slimy practice. Who am I to say anything to you.

I don't support it.

#44 Edited by lostrib (35889 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

just don't buy the game...

So in an All Digital ONLINE ERA. My shit shouldn't run?

Make this case to PC gamers that play games 20 years old. Watch the backlash.

Guess what Console manufactures. Don't call your POS online all digital world consoles. ALL IN ONE DEVICES..

Not pointed at you bro. Just saying.

Pretty sure on consoles, it's far from being All Digital online. But anywho, PC is one platform while PS3 and PS4 would be two different platforms. Heck even on PC, older games can have compatibility issues or need emulation software like DOSBox

Why should your shit run?

#45 Posted by lostrib (35889 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

Well with both new consoles using new architecture, it is what it is. These companies are in business to make money, there will always be remasters and quite possibly we wont ever see BC on MS or Sony consoles again.

And you cant remaster music and movies yourself like it comes from the creators.

Never said that...not about the games or the music or movies.

I'm talking my original content WORKING. With out the fancy upgrades.

If they can make the game re-mastered. The compatibility code is already there.

Prove it

#46 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

@Devil-Itachi said:

Well don't really think the XONE or PS4 are really capable of emulating their predecessors. Still a easy money grab but still.

The Xbox One and Xbox 360 both have Radeon based GPUs, I don't think it would be much of a problem there... The PS4 and PS3 is a different story though...

PCs run NVidia and AMD. That is the easy part in both consoles. The CPU architecture Power PC and Cell are the only hurdle. When going to x86.

This is already solved if the game can run re-mastered.

#47 Posted by lostrib (35889 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Guy_Brohski said:

@Devil-Itachi said:

Well don't really think the XONE or PS4 are really capable of emulating their predecessors. Still a easy money grab but still.

The Xbox One and Xbox 360 both have Radeon based GPUs, I don't think it would be much of a problem there... The PS4 and PS3 is a different story though...

PCs run NVidia and AMD. That is the easy part in both consoles. The CPU architecture Power PC and Cell are the only hurdle. When going to x86.

This is already solved if the game can run re-mastered.

prove it

#48 Edited by B4X (4306 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

Well with both new consoles using new architecture, it is what it is. These companies are in business to make money, there will always be remasters and quite possibly we wont ever see BC on MS or Sony consoles again.

And you cant remaster music and movies yourself like it comes from the creators.

Never said that...not about the games or the music or movies.

I'm talking my original content WORKING. With out the fancy upgrades.

If they can make the game re-mastered. The compatibility code is already there.

Prove it

Halo Collection

Last of US

Windwaker HD

The Walking Dead

Minecraft

Tomb Raider DE

Shall I keep going?

You actually think they rewrote these games from the ground up? /really

No guy they got the original code stable on x86 architecture. Then made enhancements.

Do you have any common sense at all?

#49 Posted by lostrib (35889 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

Well with both new consoles using new architecture, it is what it is. These companies are in business to make money, there will always be remasters and quite possibly we wont ever see BC on MS or Sony consoles again.

And you cant remaster music and movies yourself like it comes from the creators.

Never said that...not about the games or the music or movies.

I'm talking my original content WORKING. With out the fancy upgrades.

If they can make the game re-mastered. The compatibility code is already there.

Prove it

Halo Collection

Last of US

Windwaker HD

The Walking Dead

Minecraft

Tomb Raider DE

Shall I keep going?

You actually think they rewrote these games from the ground up? /really

No guy they got the original code stable on x86 architecture. Then made enhancements.

Do you have any common sense at all?

i said proof, not speculation

try again

#50 Posted by Heil68 (43996 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

Well with both new consoles using new architecture, it is what it is. These companies are in business to make money, there will always be remasters and quite possibly we wont ever see BC on MS or Sony consoles again.

And you cant remaster music and movies yourself like it comes from the creators.

Never said that...not about the games or the music or movies.

I'm talking my original content WORKING. With out the fancy upgrades.

If they can make the game re-mastered. The compatibility code is already there.

My views on the matter are all through this thread.

If you support this slimy practice. Who am I to say anything to you.

I don't support it.

I imagine the guts of the game are the same, yes, but to get it to work on another system takes new code. I like some remasters because not only do you get new graphics, but sometimes extra content and fixing of known issues.