With price drop, stores in Japan reporting Vita selling out in less than an hour

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2013/02/28/64299.html

Interesting tidbit of news. Happy to hear the price drop may make a considerable difference in Japan if this keeps up. If this keeps up, hopefully it will convince Sony to expand it to a worldwide price drop.

#2 Posted by FinalFighters (1548 posts) -
Now Hopefully Sony take notice of this and price drop it worldwide if they want it to sell.
#3 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -
Now Hopefully Sony take notice of this and price drop it worldwide if they want it to sell.FinalFighters
This! I so want a Vita but at the current price its not worth getting.
#4 Posted by Heil68 (45245 posts) -
[QUOTE="FinalFighters"]Now Hopefully Sony take notice of this and price drop it worldwide if they want it to sell.clyde46

tbo, my selling point on vita is on how developers will embrace streaming of PS4 games.
#5 Posted by Shewgenja (9637 posts) -

2013 is a year that will live in infamy in gaming.  We're slowly but surely watching Sony rise to unparalleled heights.

Now, if China lifts it's ban on consoles, Sony stock price threads will start to become a lollable meme.

#6 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
There must be a lack of paper wights in Japan.
#7 Posted by funsohng (28125 posts) -
bring the price drop to korea nao, sony.
#8 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

price drop please, i want person 4 :x

#9 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

This pleases me. To be honest Vita shouldn't have needed a price drop to sell out like this. It's a ridiculously good handheld that deserved to sell like this at its launch price. It's a terrible thing for the gaming industry that a gaming device this good even needed a price drop to sell like this.

#10 Posted by siLVURcross (26106 posts) -
Price drop it here and I'd consider it.
#11 Posted by freedomfreak (41033 posts) -
IT's a prety awesom thing.
#12 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -
Good, that might make devs think about making more games for it. Best handheld I've ever owned, can't wait for SS. =D
#13 Posted by blackace (20890 posts) -

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2013/02/28/64299.html

Interesting tidbit of news. Happy to hear the price drop may make a considerable difference in Japan if this keeps up. If this keeps up, hopefully it will convince Sony to expand it to a worldwide price drop.

lx_theo
Now they need to make the same price drops here in the USA. Along with price drops on all their memory cards and other accessories.
#14 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26596 posts) -

maybe sony can do the math of price drop=sales.

#15 Posted by Newhopes (4587 posts) -

Well it's not that hard to sell out when you have no stock.

#16 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
Great to see the price drop had a huge effect. Now maybe devs will release more quality games for the vita and everyone can be happy.
#17 Posted by Jaysonguy (37702 posts) -

[QUOTE="FinalFighters"]Now Hopefully Sony take notice of this and price drop it worldwide if they want it to sell.clyde46

They were 170 dollars with free games, accessories, and 3 months of free Playstation Plus

This "oh it's not the right price" crap has got to stop, it was the right price, it was lower then Sony would have dropped it, if you don't have one it's because you don't want one.

#18 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

This pleases me. To be honest Vita shouldn't have needed a price drop to sell out like this. It's a ridiculously good handheld that deserved to sell like this at its launch price. It's a terrible thing for the gaming industry that a gaming device this good even needed a price drop to sell like this.

burgeg
I think people just rather not spend that much on a handheld, whether the device is worth the price or not (I think it is, but I also got a good deal on it before realizing that much).
#19 Posted by Shewgenja (9637 posts) -

I think it was a smart move to drop the price in Japan.  With the 3DS taking off there, winning back Japanese developer support will be key in expanding the software going for other countries.  I'm sure Sony is trying to not bleed a lot of money and get the best benefit for each dollar.  If cutting the price worldwide wasn't an option, then Japan is a good market to start.

#20 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Great news. I have been interested to get a Vita but the current price turns me off. With a price drop and perhaps Sony drops the price of the Memory Sticks I'll buy one.
#21 Posted by david_lck (3198 posts) -
It really is an awesome handheld not without its issues, now drop the prices of those darn memory cards and watch it fly off shelves!
#22 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2904 posts) -
SDC, although they still need to release some more games. If they start supporting it well along with western devs, it could do OK. The PS4 will help push it if they integrate the cross play features really well.
#23 Posted by NexApex (218 posts) -

I'm just waiting for a special edition bundle of a Vita, but we all know how Sony is about those in America.

#24 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34160 posts) -

I'm sure similar results could happen outside of Japan as well, so SOny should drop the price of the system (and memory cards) internationally. I would actually consider buying one then.

#25 Posted by mariokart64fan (19522 posts) -

that happens when you drop the price but will it stick or will it drop back down after the ones waiting for the said price drop buy it buy it , thats yet to be seen 

#26 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
We just need more high profile games other than the price drop. Like I want a gta,god of war,star wars.
#27 Posted by DropsofJupiter (1423 posts) -
Expect Vita sales to be near 100k this week. I wold not be surprised if it outsold the 3DS this time around either (it would also be the first time it would do that ever).
#28 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Google translate

PlayStation Vita today became the new price 19800 yen from 2/28. Hornblende rebellion Agra SHINOVI VERSUS - girls certification - such as has become popular models model after reported with the release of the featured titles, matrix was in Akihabara, opened in Shinjuku even sold out in less than 1 hour.

First of all, it was (BIC camera Shinjuku Higashiguchi Branch) first visited. Though studies are done 1 floor space this matrix and seeing such crowds stood out as the quiet start.

Likewise mention LABI Shinjuku Higashiguchi Branch also matrix wasn't.

However, Yodobashi camera Shinjuku West exit main game and hobby Hall is large crowds. Thursday also have many customers bought PS Vita console and related products. Cash register than usual but it took almost half an hour until the crowds and I also tried lined up for purchase, but leave the store.

Could buy new release color ice silver today good luck, cosmic red and sapphire blue was sold out in less than one hour after opening.

Looking back again at many users was held in Institute of 1F experience after that. Was speaking no games I usually elderly women 2 curious also enjoyed the ride in. Experience Conference be held in the shop until 22: today is "one piece pirate Warriors 2" and "Muramasa" you can try to playing hornblende war Agra SHINOVI VERSUS - proof girls - titles such as "SOUL SACRIFICE" is.

If you are interested please visit to for to buy Vita in experiences of participation and shop HIV, also a wonderful gift.

#29 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22489 posts) -

burgeg
I'm sorry but a system is only as good as the games it has. It doesn't deserve anything but a swift kick in the rear to get Sony's head back in the game
#30 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
[QUOTE="burgeg"]

Shinobishyguy
I'm sorry but a system is only as good as the games it has. It doesn't deserve anything but a swift kick in the rear to get Sony's head back in the game

a Except in Japan The Vita has games from series like Y's, Tales, Gundam and many one off titles not released in the West. Also has games like Soul Sacriface and One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2 coming out in March. I wouldn't expect you to actually know anything thoguh.
#31 Posted by Ghost120x (3919 posts) -
This is very good news but I hope tha sales continue and isn't just a one time occurrence.
#32 Posted by stvee101 (2953 posts) -

Tbh I would rather they cut the price of the memory cards rather than the console itself.

#33 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="burgeg"]

FlamesOfGrey

a Except in Japan The Vita has games from series like Y's, Tales, Gundam and many one off titles not released in the West. Also has games like Soul Sacriface and One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2 coming out in March. I wouldn't expect you to actually know anything thoguh.

Yeah.. I don't think people realize that hte vita has some popular games in japan.

#34 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Vita barely has any demand so of course stores are running out of the little stock they have.

#35 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] I'm sorry but a system is only as good as the games it has. It doesn't deserve anything but a swift kick in the rear to get Sony's head back in the gameGD1551

Yeah.. I don't think people realize that hte vita has some popular games in japan.

Exactly. Could it use more games? Sure but it has alot of brand name games in Japan. The system was just too expensive along with the memory cards. I don't see this price drop putting the Vita on 3DS level or anything but this should get it some more Japanese development.
#36 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

I had a Vita and trust me, no you don't.
#37 Posted by osan0 (12754 posts) -
its good to see but what are sony going to do to sustain the momentum? price drops are generally a short term solution. the gamecube had a similar run....amazing sales after a price drop for a couple of months then it flatlined again. if sony are planning a price drop in the west they need to back it up with a big hitter like GT. a vita with GT and an 8GB card for 250 would make it very very tempting. more vitas sold gets more developer interest. speaking of GT..GT6 mentioned for the PS3. vita.....zilch. HEY sony! we are over here! vita customers....remember? HELLOOOO!!!
#38 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="burgeg"]

FlamesOfGrey

Too true, he's very anti-Sony. I actually imported the gundam game. I'd buy it again if it were localized .
#39 Posted by narutosup (1572 posts) -
no point in dropping the price in the states when they have no games for it
#40 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

Shinobishyguy

Yeah and the Vita has a killer amount of quality games. Only people that don't actually own one think otherwise. Vita had one of the best launch lineups for any system ever. It has gotten plenty more quality titles since launch. In fact as far as the digital library goes, the Vita completely obliterates the 3DS. It's not even a contest. It's an indie game haven. It's lacking in good western third party support for big retail games, but even then there's a good amount of quality retail titles. When you combine that with the PSN/indie library the Vita lineup is stellar. And that's coming from someone that hates RPGs and japanesey games. If you do like those sorts of games the Vita is even better.

#41 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="FinalFighters"]Now Hopefully Sony take notice of this and price drop it worldwide if they want it to sell.percech

I had a Vita and trust me, no you don't.

So because you don't like it everyone won't Really just comes down to what kind of games you like.
#43 Posted by Blabadon (26670 posts) -
Saw some (used) Vitas for $109.99 on Cowboom today. You guys should snatch those up if given the opportunity.
#44 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
no point in dropping the price in the states when they have no games for itnarutosup
I guess my over 60 game Vita library is imaginary... oh wait it's not try again.
#45 Posted by LustForSoul (5887 posts) -
Great news. Doubt I'll ever be able to play online with any Japanese people though. My guess is they want to see if this price drop will have a great effect on the sales before going world wide.
#46 Posted by freedomfreak (41033 posts) -
Saw some (used) Vitas for $109.99 on Cowboom today. You guys should snatch those up if given the opportunity.Blabadon
My brother got his for 150euros with a 16gb card.
#47 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

Good.

Now drop the price over here and release some more games, and I may consider buying one.

#48 Posted by Blabadon (26670 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Saw some (used) Vitas for $109.99 on Cowboom today. You guys should snatch those up if given the opportunity.freedomfreak
My brother got his for 150euros with a 16gb card.

16GB sounds amazing, my 8GB is filled to the brim. Of course, if I wasn't so persistent on keeping Gravity Rush on it, it would have a lot more room.
#49 Posted by freedomfreak (41033 posts) -
16GB sounds amazing, my 8GB is filled to the brim. Of course, if I wasn't so persistent on keeping Gravity Rush on it, it would have a lot more room.Blabadon
Yeah, he only has a copy of Golden Abyss because he didn't knew it was on PSN+. Same for him though, Gravity Rush.
#50 Posted by Mario1331 (8826 posts) -

thats good my vita is just collecting dust because no games i own interest me longer than an hour