With Blizzard dead and Bioware in turmoil, is Bethesda #1?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

CD Project Red

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Blizzard games are boring.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#153 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

The Blizzard we grew up with is no more. While Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 remain high-water marks in gaming, the cash cow that was WoW attracted too many bean counters who systematically ruined Blizzard, culminating in the most disappointing video game of all time: Diablo 3. Don't bother getting your hopes up for Titan, which will have facebook connections and God knows what other casual crap in it. Blizzard is dead.

Bioware seems to be going through internal struggles of its own, and Bioshock Infinite is more of a wait-and-see than it is a definite Day One purchase for anyone who's been paying attention to all the important people bailing out on the project. I'm cautiously optimistic but I'll wait to see what GAMERS, not crappy review sites, have to say about the game before buying it.

Bethesda, on the other hand, just made a new Skyrim DLC that is already getting AAA scores. Fallout 3 and Skyrim are two of the best games of this gen, hands down. If you disagree you're either a 10 year old Sheep or a CoD knuckle-dragger - period. Bethesda is probably working on Fallout 4 as you read this, which should get every red blooded gamer hyped!

So... is Bethesda the best developer left standing? I think so...

trollop_scat

There there, it will be okay.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#154 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

I guess what I am saying is that Bioware is dead. They've been dead from the day EA bought them, just like every other gaming company EA buys (Mythic) Bethseda and Ubisoft are definitely the two top developers right now. I refuse to buy another EA game.

LLYNCES

Great post, consider me convinced!

Your detailed-yet-brief post, combined with your Bethesda appreciation, shows you really do know what you're talking about. This may be a SW first. Bravo...

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#155 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Valve

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

LOL at any of those devs in the poll being the best. Sseriously its downright hillarious :P.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

You forgot CDProject, which made a better RPG than all of those 3's recent attempts.

Expect Cyberpunk to stomp.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
[QUOTE="shakmaster13"]So much butthurt at Bethesda being the best developer this generation. They are single handedly pushing the RPG genre forward with sandbox design. DarkLink77
Yep, you're an idiot.

Care to refute me with points of your own?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#159 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="shakmaster13"]So much butthurt at Bethesda being the best developer this generation. They are single handedly pushing the RPG genre forward with sandbox design. shakmaster13
Yep, you're an idiot.

Care to refute me with points of your own?

There's clearly no point. You've made up your mind already.
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 trollop_scat

Sandbox games frighten Darklink, he needs sidescrollers and linear corridor shooters or he feels as lost as did that one time he left his parent's house. He told his mom he was running away because she wouldn't get him a Wii, she called his bluff and packed his bags for him. He didn't like the feeling of sunlight on his skin and almost got run over every time he tried to wonder off. He finally made it back to his dingy room but swore off all sandbox games - no R*, no Bethesda, no FarCry 3. He just wants to save the princess for the 10,098th time for a digital kiss on the cheek. Better than no love at all, I guess...

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 DarkLink77

Sandbox games frighten Darklink, he needs sidescrollers and linear corridor shooters or he feels as lost as did that one time he left his parent's house. He told his mom he was running away because she wouldn't get him a Wii, she called his bluff and packed his bags for him. He didn't like the feeling of sunlight on his skin and almost got run over every time he tried to wonder off. He finally made it back to his dingy room but swore off all sandbox games - no R*, no Bethesda, no FarCry 3. He just wants to save the princess for the 10,098th time for a digital kiss on the cheek. Better than no love at all, I guess...

trollop_scat
Cute.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#162 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

trollop_scat
I can't even imagine the amount of effort that goes into typing pathetic attempts at insulting others like this. This isn't even name-calling, this is actually building a story just to insult someone over the internet. You must be suffering a very bad childhood son.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

trollop_scat

So this is what pathetic looks like.

You have some issues son.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
lol Bethesda.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#165 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Well here you go then :P

http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena/

Rocker6

Is what Danny said in EFMS true? About how on modern PC's you need that DOSBox thing installed?

Yeah, both games require DOSBOX. But don't worry, there are installers on the Internet that make the process fairly easy, if you wish to try the games out...

Installers? Like what?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Street Cleaning Simulator GOTD

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#167 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
i still love Fallout New Vegas so I guess I agree. Then again I never particularly liked Bioware or Blizzard games
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
Obsidian is still the best
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#169 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Blizzard is dead? wat?

DarkLink77

TC is an idiot.

This your right he sounds so foolish

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Blizzard is dead? wat?

HaloPimp978

TC is an idiot.

This your right he sounds so foolish

Anybody calling anything "the best" is an idiot.

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Rockstar has been the King since last gen.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 trollop_scat

i still love Fallout New Vegas so I guess I agree.GunSmith1_basic

Easily one of the best games this gen, I can't believe GS gave it a 7.5! God I hate gaming journalism...

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]i still love Fallout New Vegas so I guess I agree.trollop_scat

Easily one of the best games this gen, I can't believe GS gave it a 7.5! God I hate gaming journalism...

It got 8.5 for the PC.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#174 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Blizzard makes one lame ass sequel to a lame ass franchise to begin with and suddenly they are dead? It's like people forget that Starcraft 2 still exists, and sooner or later Blizzard will launch another MMO that will probably own the market for what will feel like forever. Bioware to me never really had a fall from grace, as much as Bioware was never amazing to begin with. They were mostly good or good enough, and even now are mostly good to good enough. Nothing out right offensive about their recent work besides both Dragon Age games. Bethesda is Bethesda. Not a fan of their work, but I understand the appeal of their games. The exploration is always awesome.
accesdenied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 accesdenied
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

The Blizzard we grew up with is no more. While Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 remain high-water marks in gaming, the cash cow that was WoW attracted too many bean counters who systematically ruined Blizzard, culminating in the most disappointing video game of all time: Diablo 3. Don't bother getting your hopes up for Titan, which will have facebook connections and God knows what other casual crap in it. Blizzard is dead.

Bioware seems to be going through internal struggles of its own, and Bioshock Infinite is more of a wait-and-see than it is a definite Day One purchase for anyone who's been paying attention to all the important people bailing out on the project. I'm cautiously optimistic but I'll wait to see what GAMERS, not crappy review sites, have to say about the game before buying it.

Bethesda, on the other hand, just made a new Skyrim DLC that is already getting AAA scores. Fallout 3 and Skyrim are two of the best games of this gen, hands down. If you disagree you're either a 10 year old Sheep or a CoD knuckle-dragger - period. Bethesda is probably working on Fallout 4 as you read this, which should get every red blooded gamer hyped!

trollop_scat

post this on your blog, If you dont Agree your a 40 yr old virgin who lives in your mom's basement or just bitter cause you don't get it your way. haha.

Avatar image for trigger_cross93
trigger_cross93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 trigger_cross93
Member since 2012 • 29 Posts

Nintendo?

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#177 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]i still love Fallout New Vegas so I guess I agree.trollop_scat

And for the console versions it was well deserved,the proper version got an 8.5 and that´s the score it matters when discussing the game.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#178 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

PC version got a well deserved 8.5, but since it is the single buggiest game this entire generation (on PC, and significantly more on consoles), than it's hard to argue with the score. New Vegas is almost literally unplayable on consoles with the framerate drops, crashes, game ending bugs, and incredibly dated combat and animations. Everything else is good, but you can't forgive a game this unplayable, even by Bethesda standards it was amazingly buggy, and Bethesda only published it!

For the record, I loved New Vegas and I love Fallout in general (3 is my favorite, even though I played the classics and Tactics quite a bit).

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Well damn...I didn't realize blizzard died.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

trollop_scat
I think Blizzard is still top dog. Hate all you want on WoW, but people still love it and its expansions get great reviews. Just cause YOU dont like it, doesnt mean its terrible. They also had Starcraft 2 which many would agree is one of the best RTSes out in a long time. Its extremely fun with what is quite possibly the most fun campaign of any RTS ever, and the multiplayer is extremely addictive and competitive. And Diablo3, while a bit of a disappointment is still and immensely fun game.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
trollop_scat
You are my favorite SW poster now.
BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts

Lol R* now as well as before.

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Diablo III is a huge disappointment, but it's still better than every single game Bethesda has ever made. And Blizzard also recently released StarCraft II. You know, the best RTS game of all time. And you're comparing that to Bethesda's DLC and crap like Fallout 3 and Skyrim? :lol:

Bethesda is trash. Even BioWare makes better games.

Come at me.

DarkLink77

Diablo 3 selling is like CoD selling, it rode a hype train an people got on board. That game was a 7, in fact its barly a 7 now with months of patching.

Starcraft 2.... is good for some I guess. I bought it for custom maps, they all blow. It is a shadow of what War 3 had.

Kotr online is bad, sooooooooooooo bad, sure mass effect 3 wasn't the wost game ever but their MMO was FF14 levels.

Atleast Bethesda does have Skyrim, Fallout 3 an NV which are all 8's or above. I personally cannot see how one could be looking forward to another ME or blizzard game. Bethesda though, sure I could do another one of their fallouts.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 jg4xchamp

Atleast Bethesda does have Skyrim, Fallout 3 an NV which are all 8's or above.

Valknut4

How the f*ck are you going to use scores as justification and a point of argument, and then ignore the success the other 2 have had in that department?

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

jg4xchamp

How the f*ck are you going to use scores as justification and a point of argument, and then ignore the success the other 2 have had in that department?

Blizzard is more consistent score-wise, across genres, across games.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

Ravenshout

Blizzard is more consistent score-wise, across genres, across games.

Uh I know that. Hence my argument.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Hahahahaaahahahahahahahahaah what the f*ck?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

New Vegas is almost literally unplayable on consoles with the framerate drops, crashes, game ending bugs, and incredibly dated combat and animations. SPYDER0416

Are we talking about New Vegas or Skyrim? :shock: Sounds like every Bethesda game actually.

Everything else is good, but you can't forgive a game this unplayable, even by Bethesda standards it was amazingly buggy, and Bethesda only published it!

SPYDER0416

Was only incredibly buggy because Bethesda forced Obsidian to use Gamebyro.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Blizzard are dead?

Lel, HOTS is looking amazing with the new beta patch, MOP is by far the best expansion, Diablo 3 was a dissapointment but otherwise a good game.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Well OP is right about something. Blizzard hasn't made a quality game since Warcraft 3, a DECADE ago.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 DarkLink77

Well OP is right about something. Blizzard hasn't made a quality game since Warcraft 3, a DECADE ago.

Socijalisticka
StarCraft II. /argument.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Blizzard is dead.. o.o?
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Bioware needs to be put out of it's misery, fast.

Blizzard scored a hit for me with Starcraft 2, but they need to bring back the Warcraft RTS. Warcraft 4, make it happen Blizzard.

Bethesda, I didn't like Skyrim at all. however, fallout NV is one of my favorite games this gen, looking forward to see what they'll do with Fallout 4.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

[QUOTE="Socijalisticka"]

DarkLink77

StarCraft II. /argument.

RTSes have changed quite a bit in the last decade. In order to maintain the competitive sphere of Starcraft (at their mercy as well as of the fanbase), Blizzard had to adopt the same structural designs, with its simplicity of economical management, micro, unit control, base defense, etc. of Starcraft. I think they were caught in between the necessary conceptual changes and the "e-sports" aspect of Starcraft. And this is their ultimate demise.

oh and BNet 2.0.

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Socijalisticka"]

Socijalisticka

StarCraft II. /argument.

RTSes have changed quite a bit in the last decade. In order to maintain the competitive sphere of Starcraft (at their mercy as well as of the fanbase), Blizzard had to adopt the same structural designs, with its simplicity of economical management, micro, unit control, base defense, etc. of Starcraft. I think they were caught in between the necessary conceptual changes and the "e-sports" aspect of Starcraft. And this is their ultimate demise.

oh and BNet 2.0.

By 'demise' you mean becoming the most commercially successful RTS in the recent time while also being one of the most critically-acclaimed ones ever made?

Good Game, my friend, Good Game.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="Socijalisticka"]

DarkLink77

StarCraft II. /argument.

But WoW came out in 2004.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I'll take Blizzard games anyday over Bethesda's !!!!!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

Fallout 3 was a COMPLETE betrayal to Fallout both lore and gameplaywise, and Skyrim is basicly, Mabinogi. But singleplayer, less balanced, less enemy variety, less content, worse quests, and worse in every way. Oh, and Mabinogi actually provides challenge, Skyrim doesn't, even on the highest difficulty.

Skyrim is a manual on how to NOT make a game. Every single aspect of that game was bad.

This is how I assume Todd Howard's job interview went.

Diablo III is a huge disappointment, but it's still better than every single game Bethesda has ever made. And Blizzard also recently released StarCraft II. You know, the best RTS game of all time. And you're comparing that to Bethesda's DLC and crap like Fallout 3 and Skyrim? :lol:

Bethesda is trash. Even BioWare makes better games.

Come at me.

DarkLink77

Not to mention, Mists of Pandaria is the best WoW expansion since TBC.
Not to mention, Heart of the Swarm will come out soon.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

trollop_scat

Wait?

Skyrim is a sandbox? I could have sworn that game is freeroam. If it is a sandbox, Skyrim would be a really crappy sandbox, I mean, the sandbox elements in Skyrim are pathetic. Even WoW offers better sandbox elements than Skyrim and WoW is not trying to be a sandbox.

As for DarkLink. He just likes games with depth and challenge. Like stuff that Blizzard provides :)

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#200 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
LOL, no. Blizzard has a concrete future, probably moreso than Bethesda (as a developer). Blizzard had 2 releases this year that sold well and an expansion to SC2 coming next year that is likely to sell (and with a promising Blizzard All-Stars MOBA being bundled with it) BioWare have been shaken up a little, though. Founders left. Wrapped up ME3 with mixed reactions. TOR is afloat but probably not at the position they want it to be, Dragon Age III? we'll have to see, but signs are pointing towards BioWare not knowing where to take the franchise. A sequel to Jade Empire would be cool, but last I heard was that it wasnt all that successful in terms of sales.