Winter Is Coming - Song Of Ass and Fire - airs tonight

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lamprey263 (23899 posts) -

11/20/2013 UPDATE: Reminder, the second part of South Park's "Black Friday" episode, titled "Song of Ass and Fire", airs tonight on Comedy Central. Last week's episode embodied the spirit of the System Wars fanboys, dealt with South Park's children breaking up into factions motivated on getting what they saw to be the true next gen system, told to a Game Of Thrones theme. Tonight's episode continues the epic battle.

The link should be good to watch the episode (legitimately!) after it airs, and should be available for a short time before contractual obligations prevent it for being aired for a short while, so don't miss it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FROM 11/13/2013:

This is a System Wars topic BTW.

The latest South Park episode takes a stab at the System Wars kind of gaming fanboys.

The boys in their plans to get the next gen systems dirt cheap on Black Friday band together to try to get the next gen gaming system. It's told in a kind of Lord of The Rings / Stick of Truth fashion wearing their fantasy costumes, but this time with a Game Of Thrones theme. They develop a difference of opinion on their objective, that's whether to band together to get X1s or PS4s, where they then divide into factions due to difference of opinion. They then start rallying support for their respective consoles.

See it (legitimately) here - http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s17e07-black-friday - looks like it'll be two episodes

Thoughts?

#2 Edited by Basinboy (11162 posts) -

Watching it now.

THIS IS F*CKING HILARIOUS.

WINTER IS COMING

#3 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

South Park truly is the best show on TV

#4 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

"Brack Friday Bunduru"

I'm not much of a fan of South Park, but that got a good laugh out of me. Also that Elmo doll commercial.

#5 Posted by hoosier7 (3822 posts) -

Watching it now, looks like the best one since Make Love Not Warcraft.

#6 Edited by lamprey263 (23899 posts) -

some notable clips for those that don't want to watch the entire episode:

That's How Xbox People Are

Big Dong And Prosper

Brack Friday Bunduru

Pre-Orders Don't Mean Shit

Battle Lines Are Being Drawn

A Dying Breed

#7 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Thanks for reminding me. Watching it now.

#8 Posted by getyeryayasout (7494 posts) -

@Trail_Mix: Same here, I lol'd...hehe, Bunduru.

#9 Posted by Spartan070 (16350 posts) -

Not a South Park fan at all but this is comedy gold

#10 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

LOL at Brack Friday Bunduru,

#11 Edited by Spartan070 (16350 posts) -

On this topic I've never seen Game of Thrones either. Well I saw one episode, too much torture and nudity, not enough action and story progression.

shrug...

#12 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Was that kaz hirai having sex with that girl? LOL

#13 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

So much marketing for apple products

#14 Posted by NoodleFighter (7062 posts) -

Wii U or PC has got to be involved in the next episode in someway especially Wii U, there has to be some sort of Wii U faction.

#15 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Gonna watch it later theb, sounds fun

#16 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2761 posts) -

Hahaha Brack Friday Bunduru = epic clip.

#17 Posted by WallofTruth (1674 posts) -

@SonofK said:

South Park truly is the best show on TV

#18 Posted by WallofTruth (1674 posts) -
@NoodleFighter said:

Wii U or PC has got to be involved in the next episode in someway especially Wii U, there has to be some sort of Wii U faction.

PC was already involved in the 2nd or 3rd episode of the same season, it was about some hermits going crazy because they played too much Minecraft on their PC's and there was a little kid who taught people to play Minecraft, he had like a whole lan party in his basement.

#19 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

I can't watch it as it's not available where i am apparently.

Anyone know of any legitimate EU ones?

#20 Posted by -Unreal- (24543 posts) -

I couldn't make a new topic or it would be spam, so here's the topic I was going to make:

PC gamer pretends to be married by wearing a ring on his wedding finger and faces his webcam on it so people can see it:

http://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow

(The above may be speculation, although probably not.)

#21 Posted by dommeus (9312 posts) -

@lamprey263:

Not Lord of the Rings. It's lampooning Game Of Thrones. It even states it multiple times in the episode

#22 Edited by dommeus (9312 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

If you use Chrome, download the Media Hint extension. It allows you to watch Comedy Central shows like Daily Show, Colbert Report, and South Park in the UK and further afield.

#23 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@dommeus said:

@AMD655 said:

If you use Chrome, download the Media Hint extension. It allows you to watch Comedy Central shows like Daily Show, Colbert Report, and South Park in the UK and further afield.

Thanks man ;)

#24 Posted by Netret0120 (2148 posts) -

By far the best show i have watched lmao!! i grew up with this and i hope it does a simpsons and goes 20+ seasons.

Started watching when i was 10. Cartman rules!!!!

PS4 Ftw!

#25 Edited by Motokid6 (5614 posts) -

Dont like it? You can KISS MY FAT VAGINA!

#26 Posted by FinalFighters (1478 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

Well I saw one episode, too much torture and nudity, not enough action and story progression.

shrug...

This show has plenty of action and Story progression. Try seeing more than one episode....

#27 Posted by StormyJoe (5378 posts) -

@lamprey263:

Loved it.

“Let these Sony f*cks wallow in their limited voice-control functionality!”

#28 Posted by Desmonic (14055 posts) -

Soo much awesome! XD Can't wait for the 2nd part! See people, this is exactly why the South Park game will be awesome! :P

#29 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (2650 posts) -

Huh, thought this show stopped being funny a long time ago.

#30 Posted by Shewgenja (9256 posts) -

I got a laugh when they said the XBox has better framerate :)

#31 Posted by lamprey263 (23899 posts) -

@dommeus said:

@lamprey263:

Not Lord of the Rings. It's lampooning Game Of Thrones. It even states it multiple times in the episode

sorry, fixed

I started writing mid episode

#32 Posted by Motokid6 (5614 posts) -

"Im really exited about the dragons and zombies, but i could do with a little less gay wiener."

I lol'ed hard at that, but im trying to think... theres only one scebe in season one when Theon is in bed with Ross where you see some man junk. Cant thino of much. ( wasnt exactly counting though lol ) I think there just taking shots at HBO in general.

So whose going to win? ps4 or xbox? Ill tell you right now. The ps4 crew is the northern army with Stan representing Rob. Sooo if they stay with the GoT theme then i see a red wedding parody coming. Meaning not good for Stan and the ps4 crew. Lol im lovin it though cant wait for next week.

#33 Posted by Comduter (2173 posts) -

I bet most of the frequent posters here in SW actually took that episode seriously sadly enough.

#34 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14077 posts) -

I somehow knew Cartman would always have been a lemming, lol.

I imagine yelling at his tv to switch channels would be a much more attractive proposition for his fat ass than actually doing it manually.

#35 Edited by RoccoHout (987 posts) -

Wii U will win in the next episode. Was quite suprised it hasn't been mentioned in this episode

#36 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14077 posts) -

Lmao was that Kaz at the end getting that Pooooooooooooosy?

#37 Posted by Joedgabe (5111 posts) -

I would kinda wanna watch it but i kinda hate south park.. so i honestly won't.

#38 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

they shit on ps4 kids lol.

#39 Posted by FinalFighters (1478 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Lmao was that Kaz at the end getting that Pooooooooooooosy?

it was. i dont think hes going to be pleased with this lol

#40 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14077 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

they shit on ps4 kids lol.

Because having Cartman as the pariah of your system is a positive image, lol.

I'd rather go with Stan anyday.

#41 Posted by Jipset (2409 posts) -

I was dying when the Kaz look alike was boning that chick--no one else in my family got it. lol

Good episode... it instantly reminded me of system wars.

#42 Posted by uninspiredcup (8614 posts) -

South parks advertizes Call Of Duty and Warcraft, has episode demonizing Peter Moore. It's pretty clear they are being paid to put this shit out.

#43 Posted by Zophar87 (4350 posts) -

Amazing episode. Had me in stitches the entire time.

I've worked retail so seeing the jabs at Black Friday hit close to home for me. lol

#44 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

i just did. it's on their site if you want to watch it anyone

There better be a part 2....

#45 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23753 posts) -

great episode.

about time too, this season started out a bit weak.

#46 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

Lmao i always liked South park ! fkn genious.

#47 Edited by princeofshapeir (14151 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

South parks advertizes Call Of Duty and Warcraft, has episode demonizing Peter Moore. It's pretty clear they are being paid to put this shit out.

That's not how Matt and Trey do shows.

#48 Edited by joel_c17 (2851 posts) -

It was a good ep - you can tell they are favoring the xb1. They even stated it was more powerful! i got a chuckle out of that.

#49 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

This episode was awesome. They showed just how stupid this all is. Cartman praising the X1 along with Kyle over stupid stuff and then when the "federation" kids start talking about framerates Cartman says how "gay" they are despite being super dumb himself. It's perfect.

I also loved the GoT references and how they made fun of Black Friday.

#50 Posted by poomonger613 (1330 posts) -

bundaru and elmo got me hard