Windows 8 vs Windows 7: Dispelling myths.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Linux is the future I think.

Chozofication
Nah. It still sucks for the end user. It's good for developers/enthusiasts.
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

I see that MS has windows 8 pro upgrade for sale for $40 until january 30th. Should I upgrade from 7? Honestly

guard12
If you want to see the speed up and get used to the new UI now (because MS is not going back) then by all means do. Personally, I completely understand why people wouldn't upgrade from 7 to 8. What this was more aimed at was to people buying/building new PCs.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="XaosII"] 60 Million isn't selling well, HOKAY, business taking to it surprisingly well isn't selling? HOKAY. Your hate is empty nothingness, Windows 8 will only get better and better.hexashadow13
60 million are bought licenses are from mostly oem makers is mostly all prebuilts,laptops, tablets and phones using 8 :lol: "At some point, are going to have to face reality: Windows 8 is selling slowly. More slowly than Windows 7 at launch, and more slowly than Windows 7 a year ago.Despite the hype, and hope, around the launch of Windows 8, the new operating system did little to boost holiday sales or improve the year-long Windows notebook sales decline, NPD noted. Windows notebook holiday unit sales dropped 11 percent, on par with Black Friday, and similar to the yearly trend, but revenue trends weakened since Black Friday to end the holiday period down 10.5 percent . [Average Selling Prices, or ASPs] rose only $2 to $420. Touchscreen notebooks were 4.5 percent of Windows 8 sales with ASPs around $700. Sales of Windows notebooks under $500 fell by 16 percent while notebooks priced above $500 increased 4 percent.

No the real reality here is Windows 8 is at its core better than 7 and business are starting to realise this. at its core its better than windows 7 and simple free apps bring back all the functionality of windows 7 if required. In reality this operating system was designed for the future, not to satisfy a slowly dying PC centric community, anyone who thought that windows 8 would be massive in its first year are a joke of a human being as none of the hybrid devices have truly come into their own yet. Regaurdless of your stupid hate and naysaying, a hybrid desktop and devices are the future, one start change is NOTHING to cry over.

:lol:

please as long as keyboard and mouse are the primary interfaces and there is a need for editing and creating the metro UI is pointless and is not the future, touch screen UI does not belong on desktops period. And win8 is failing but At some point, the cheerleaders like you and yes, amazingly, theyre out thereare going to have to face reality Win 8 isnt catching on.and is not selling well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Chozofication

If you want endless dependencies, a million more steps to perform tasks. I don't understand this **** Microsoft make an OS that is practically windows 7 but catering to future computer models, and suddenly a niche industry/enthusiast (and by enthusiast I mean far beyond most gamespotters here) Honestly, this hipster linux talk is all crap. none of you will switch because even with Windows 8, Windows is by far the best overall computer OS for 99% of things, THAT is the reality.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#155 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

hexashadow13

Until the average person's computer skills improve immensely, that ain't gonna happen.

Linux is always improving, but yeah it'll be a while.

I'm using windows 7 right now but my next PC will run Linux.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

MBirdy88

If you want endless dependencies, a million more steps to perform tasks. I.

:lol: you explained right there windows 8 compared to 7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] 60 million are bought licenses are from mostly oem makers is mostly all prebuilts,laptops, tablets and phones using 8 :lol: "At some point, are going to have to face reality: Windows 8 is selling slowly. More slowly than Windows 7 at launch, and more slowly than Windows 7 a year ago.Despite the hype, and hope, around the launch of Windows 8, the new operating system did little to boost holiday sales or improve the year-long Windows notebook sales decline, NPD noted. Windows notebook holiday unit sales dropped 11 percent, on par with Black Friday, and similar to the yearly trend, but revenue trends weakened since Black Friday to end the holiday period down 10.5 percent . [Average Selling Prices, or ASPs] rose only $2 to $420. Touchscreen notebooks were 4.5 percent of Windows 8 sales with ASPs around $700. Sales of Windows notebooks under $500 fell by 16 percent while notebooks priced above $500 increased 4 percent.04dcarraher

No the real reality here is Windows 8 is at its core better than 7 and business are starting to realise this. at its core its better than windows 7 and simple free apps bring back all the functionality of windows 7 if required. In reality this operating system was designed for the future, not to satisfy a slowly dying PC centric community, anyone who thought that windows 8 would be massive in its first year are a joke of a human being as none of the hybrid devices have truly come into their own yet. Regaurdless of your stupid hate and naysaying, a hybrid desktop and devices are the future, one start change is NOTHING to cry over.

:lol:

please as long as keyboard and mouse are the primary interfaces and there is a need for editing and creating the metro UI is pointless and is not the future, touch screen UI does not belong on desktops period. And win8 is failing but At some point, the cheerleaders like you and yes, amazingly, theyre out thereare going to have to face reality Win 8 isnt catching on.and is not selling well.

So dull, nothing about windows 8 says that mouse and keyboard are becoming redundant and neither did I. But if you can't see benefits in mobile hybrid devices thats your problem, even a desktop like iMAC can be portable as shown by the new lenova devices.

But keep preetending the stationary brick will remain the way it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

04dcarraher

Dull, Dull dull troll.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Windows 7 desktop using Rainmeter. For the metro tablet lovers.

omnimo_windows_8__v2_1__by_haluk444-d506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

omnimo_windows_8__v2_1__by_haluk444-d506

wis3boi
Old, and ironic considering that is a memory hog and rainmetre is tempermental at best.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

MBirdy88

Old, and ironic considering that is a memory hog and rainmetre is tempermental at best.

My desktop. Rainmeter is using 8mb of RAM. Oh the horror!

pZ45g.png

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Then it has improved, still wouldn't use it, very overated.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 wis3boi

Then it has improved, still wouldn't use it, very overated.MBirdy88

yeah, making my own icons and widgets si so overrated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Then it has improved, still wouldn't use it, very overated.wis3boi

Yea, other than "oh my desktop looks slightly nicer and functional" it really is a waste of time. and very limted.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

before i could hit the window key and start typing and find almost anything on my PC immediately, this no longer works, Also I tried to use the tiles as a start menu replacement but I have yet to find out how to start internet explorer for the desktop via the start menu. Some of my games don't work! Also there being no button for start its easy to accidently click on the new start menu when going for your left most docked item.

Windoze 8 didn't do anything useful, all it did was force us to use a UI that was meant for tablets, and funnel us into using the store to get apps that were bundled with the OS previously. Oh they also start the desktop before anything else to give that illusion of boot speed.

Oh wait... Task manager is nice though

White_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 White_Dreams
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
Metro is awful, and removing the start menu while not adding any worthwhile improvements is a bad choice, you can try and dispel myths all you want, but no one wants the oS, it has a slower uptake than Vista.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

MBirdy88

If you want endless dependencies, a million more steps to perform tasks. I don't understand this **** Microsoft make an OS that is practically windows 7 but catering to future computer models, and suddenly a niche industry/enthusiast (and by enthusiast I mean far beyond most gamespotters here) Honestly, this hipster linux talk is all crap. none of you will switch because even with Windows 8, Windows is by far the best overall computer OS for 99% of things, THAT is the reality.

I don't know much about hipsters but I imagine they wouldn't want to use Linux.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

04dcarraher

Except no.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Zophar87

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Then it has improved, still wouldn't use it, very overated.wis3boi

That's kinda cool actually.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] If you want endless dependencies, a million more steps to perform tasks. I.

Zophar87

Except no.

denial
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"] :lol: you explained right there windows 8 compared to 7 04dcarraher

Except no.

denial

You can't even back up any of your ridiculous claims anymore and yet you persist like you have something to prove.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

Chozofication

linux isn't terrible if you're doing basic things as an end user, I imagine any legitimate gamer that buys up to date parts won't have any thing to do with linux though. the drivers are infinitly worse, most companies do not update drivers for linux and you almost have to rely on communities to make open source drivers. Also any one who wants like an eyefinity display... good luck. Linux's multimonitor support is absoluleltly terrible. AMD's drivers are crap as well as the Open source drivers for nvidia. I'd wait for ubuntu 14 or maybe even 16 before thinking the switch will be good. There is at least some focus on Ubuntu that it might be a worthwhile OS one day for everyone, for right now its best for people that can't afford to buy software.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
It does absolutely nothing for me to need the upgrade. tagyhag
Yeah... Exactly.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Except no.

Zophar87

denial

You can't even back up any of your ridiculous claims anymore and yet you persist like you have something to prove.

dont need too, its the truth, since your in denial thats why its hard for you to understand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] If you want endless dependencies, a million more steps to perform tasks. I don't understand this **** Microsoft make an OS that is practically windows 7 but catering to future computer models, and suddenly a niche industry/enthusiast (and by enthusiast I mean far beyond most gamespotters here) Honestly, this hipster linux talk is all crap. none of you will switch because even with Windows 8, Windows is by far the best overall computer OS for 99% of things, THAT is the reality.

savagetwinkie

linux isn't terrible if you're doing basic things as an end user, I imagine any legitimate gamer that buys up to date parts won't have any thing to do with linux though. the drivers are infinitly worse, most companies do not update drivers for linux and you almost have to rely on communities to make open source drivers. Also any one who wants like an eyefinity display... good luck. Linux's multimonitor support is absoluleltly terrible. AMD's drivers are crap as well as the Open source drivers for nvidia. I'd wait for ubuntu 14 or maybe even 16 before thinking the switch will be good. There is at least some focus on Ubuntu that it might be a worthwhile OS one day for everyone, for right now its best for people that can't afford to buy software.

I'm sure Linux has a long way to go.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts

before i could hit the window key and start typing and find almost anything on my PC immediately, this no longer works, Also I tried to use the tiles as a start menu replacement but I have yet to find out how to start internet explorer for the desktop via the start menu. Some of my games don't work! Also there being no button for start its easy to accidently click on the new start menu when going for your left most docked item.

Windoze 8 didn't do anything useful, all it did was force us to use a UI that was meant for tablets, and funnel us into using the store to get apps that were bundled with the OS previously. Oh they also start the desktop before anything else to give that illusion of boot speed.

savagetwinkie

1. Yes you can. Press start menu and start typing. Press up or down on arrow keys to specify apps/settings/files.

2. Internet Explorer? Seriously? Seriously seriously? Anyway, open internet explorer, click the gear at the top right->internet options->programs and change the drop down box at the top to always in internet explorer on desktop.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Sticking to Win7 i always skip a microsoft os (Vista) so i'll be skipping Win8

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

From my personal experience, Windows 8 as a desktop OS is junk compared to 7. Having to shuffle your way through metro to get to certain places and features, Major lack of backwards compatibility for older games compared to 7. Every XP era game I tried had graphical glitches or wouldn't run at all while using latest drivers. Once back to 7 all issues were gone. With Win 8 they removed alot of the legacy coding that makes older programs and games work.

Zophar87

You haven't ever used Windows 8 for any extensive period of personal use. Have you?

Yeah I don't know what the hell he's talking about. GTA3,VC, SA and BF1942 work fine for me and BF1942 didn't even start up for me in Win 7. All other games also run great on Win8 and some even let me play them in higher settings like Dragon Age 2 which would crash if I tried to play in DX11 on Win7 but is perfectly fine on Win8. I'm still running on the same laptop too.

TL;DR: Haters gonna hate.

Thats cool, if you like to see encoding errors all over the place. Use MPC which is far better than VLC.clyde46
Lol it aint 2005 anymore.

VLC works.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

hexashadow13

1. Yes you can. Press start menu and start typing. Press up or down on arrow keys to specify apps/settings/files.

2. Internet Explorer? Seriously? Seriously seriously? Anyway, open internet explorer, click the gear at the top right->internet options->programs and change the drop down box at the top to always in internet explorer on desktop.

1. Wrong, the additional up/down to select the correct filter adds more key strokes, so you cannot press the windows key and search for almost everything on a PC.

2. Its IE, and i didn't put much effort into it...

edit: actually i did find a way and didn't even know it, I "uninstalled" the ie "app" and now i can select the .exe file in the start menu

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Plagueless"] Fair enough, I can see that. However what I don't understand is people building new PC's with Windows 7.

Cheaper and avoids the risks with how Microsoft handles WIndows 8

Actually it doesn't, it actually makes you more prone to problems since one day MS will stop supporting Windows 7, and new programs (like games) won't work properly.

When that happens, we will have the next windows and if enough of us speak with our wallets and buy 7 instead of 8, they will get the message and go back to the drawing board with the next windows. Support for 7 isn't going bye bye anytime soon. Who knows, maybe by then, we will all be moving over to linux. I know I for one would love a solid option to allow me to leave Windows for good. In fact, the only thing holding me back right now if the lack of game support, but with me buying so many games through Steam, that isn't far off.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#183 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
I'm not upgrading until they come out with DirectX 12 and I have no choice.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#184 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Support for 7 isn't going bye bye anytime soon. AmazonTreeBoa

I remember reading somewhere in Microsoft's FAQ that Vista is going to be supported until 2017 and Windows 7 until 2020.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'm pretty fond of Win7. Games run great on it and I quite enjoy my desktop feeling like a desktop, not a touch screen.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Then it has improved, still wouldn't use it, very overated.Zophar87

That's kinda cool actually.

Just redid mine again to clean it up :P

kfpQk.jpg

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="XaosII"]

I have a desktop with Windows 8 and its not. Very convincing evidence.

MBirdy88

aw there's a reason why Windows 8 isnt selling too well, because its pointless change for desktops and laptops meant for mouse and keyboards This metro tile interface is forced on you. And it's not designed efficiently for desktops. Period. Full stop. End of story. And this BS about "hey haters, just switch to Desktop mode" ... well, yes, you can do that, but guess what, you're constantly having to flop between 2 completely different user experiences (tiles and desktop icons) on a regular basis to do it. And the experience is nothing short of a hassle Oh wait, please tell me "get with times, leave the past behind". Ok, i'd love to ... i'll try running a new RT tile app. Let's see here.... now i have a SINGLE FULL SCREEN APP on my 17" screen. 90% of my screen is wasted on showing nothingness.

60 Million isn't selling well, HOKAY, business taking to it surprisingly well isn't selling? HOKAY. Your hate is empty nothingness, Windows 8 will only get better and better.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/windows_8_worse_start_vista2012

"Despite the hype, Windows 8's adoption rate is slower than of Vista's when it debuted five years ago.

If you listen to Microsoft, Windows 8 is not only the greatest operating system ever designed, it's also selling really well. Microsoft in November claimed it sold 40 million Windows 8 licenses in the first month, an impressive figure, even after you factor in all the OEM systems that come pre-loaded with Windows. But is Windows 8 truly off to a fast start? There's evidence to suggest that might not be the case.

According to data compiled by web analytics firm Net Applications, Windows 8's online usage share is a hair under 1.6 percent of all Windows PCs through December 22. When Windows Vista launched in 2007, its online usage share of all Windows PCs was 2.2 percent through the same time period.

In other words, Windows 8 is seeing a slower adoption than Vista, the latter of which stumbled out of the gates to complaints of slow performance and file transfer issues. Looking closer at the data, Windows 8 adoption grew by just 0.4 percentage points from November 22 to December 22, whereas Vista's adoption more than doubled during its second month on the market.

It should be noted that these are just raw numbers; they don't account for the decline in PC sales or any other factors that might skew the results. Still, with so much riding on Windows 8, it's a bad sign that Vista got off to a quicker start."

You guys need to get your heads out of the sand.

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Along with the fact that Windows 8 is less resource hungry, faster, smoother, and just plain fun to use, why is there such negative stigma around this new OS? Everything you know and love about Windows 7 is there, right down to that good old Start Menu should you wish to add it (I doubt you will) and it's new features far outstrip any small loss.

Plagueless

This is the reason I gave it a shot, an it really does those things. I do not find it fun to use, I do not ever use anything aside fromt he desktop an Windows key + R does everythign the start menu ever did for me.

Meh for 80$ it was a solid improovement on the games I play.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] aw there's a reason why Windows 8 isnt selling too well, because its pointless change for desktops and laptops meant for mouse and keyboards This metro tile interface is forced on you. And it's not designed efficiently for desktops. Period. Full stop. End of story. And this BS about "hey haters, just switch to Desktop mode" ... well, yes, you can do that, but guess what, you're constantly having to flop between 2 completely different user experiences (tiles and desktop icons) on a regular basis to do it. And the experience is nothing short of a hassle Oh wait, please tell me "get with times, leave the past behind". Ok, i'd love to ... i'll try running a new RT tile app. Let's see here.... now i have a SINGLE FULL SCREEN APP on my 17" screen. 90% of my screen is wasted on showing nothingness. topgunmv

60 Million isn't selling well, HOKAY, business taking to it surprisingly well isn't selling? HOKAY. Your hate is empty nothingness, Windows 8 will only get better and better.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/windows_8_worse_start_vista2012

"Despite the hype, Windows 8's adoption rate is slower than of Vista's when it debuted five years ago.

If you listen to Microsoft, Windows 8 is not only the greatest operating system ever designed, it's also selling really well. Microsoft in November claimed it sold 40 million Windows 8 licenses in the first month, an impressive figure, even after you factor in all the OEM systems that come pre-loaded with Windows. But is Windows 8 truly off to a fast start? There's evidence to suggest that might not be the case.

According to data compiled by web analytics firm Net Applications, Windows 8's online usage share is a hair under 1.6 percent of all Windows PCs through December 22. When Windows Vista launched in 2007, its online usage share of all Windows PCs was 2.2 percent through the same time period.

In other words, Windows 8 is seeing a slower adoption than Vista, the latter of which stumbled out of the gates to complaints of slow performance and file transfer issues. Looking closer at the data, Windows 8 adoption grew by just 0.4 percentage points from November 22 to December 22, whereas Vista's adoption more than doubled during its second month on the market.

It should be noted that these are just raw numbers; they don't account for the decline in PC sales or any other factors that might skew the results. Still, with so much riding on Windows 8, it's a bad sign that Vista got off to a quicker start."

You guys need to get your heads out of the sand.

I think that percent scale may be a little misleading, we'd need to know the total number if PC's being used as well. in 2007 I had 1 PC, now I have 4. In 2007 my parents had 1 dekstop, now they have a desktop but each own a laptop as well. What I'm saying is the PC market has been exploding the last few years and comparing just percents may be misleading.

If you have exact same adoption rate, windows 8 will appear to be slower when you look at the percents if the total number of PC's has grown since 2007

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

Because I don't see any rewards to upgrade to windows8 yet. Infact I don't think I got my money worth from window 7 ultimate.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#191 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Windows 8 > Windows 7. :)
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Rockman999

Windows 8 > Windows 7. :)ShadowDeathX

FACT!

Sailor_Enlil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Sailor_Enlil
Member since 2003 • 1552 Posts

Like every iteration of Windows I've used, I'll wait till Windows 8's penetration into the market has stabilized, and preferably, has its first Service Pack released (I gave both XP and 7 the same treatment).

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="clyde46"]. (Not my pic, one I found on /g/)

So use HBO Go, or Amazon Video on Demand. Problem solved.
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
it's worth the upgrade for the startup time and how quick I can search through my like 4 tb's of files. Also that task manager is pretty cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="clyde46"].http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/radar19/Funnys/1358440347767.png" alt=" " /> (Not my pic, one I found on /g/)

So use HBO Go, or Amazon Video on Demand. Problem solved.

Indeed, I just use VLC media player, runs pretty much anything.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#197 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

How long do you think till they introduce Kinect for PC to control Metro interface properly?
First make it an annoyance, then tell people they were doing it wrong cause they should use this cool new tech.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]Windows 8 > Windows 7. :)Rockman999

FACT!

My friend who is a web developer would argue otherwise with windows 8 very closed off system. Windows 8 isn't great and I like how the OP has things like "when did you last use gadgets oh and the games have gone pff" but with windows 8 "You can customise more, like your profile pic". Wooooopppppeeeeddddddoooooooo. Also microsofts closed marketplace platform allows for better run apps? Seriously? You... I cant even be bothered.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Rockman999

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]Windows 8 > Windows 7. :)o0squishy0o

FACT!

My friend who is a web developer would argue otherwise with windows 8 very closed off system. Windows 8 isn't great and I like how the OP has things like "when did you last use gadgets oh and the games have gone pff" but with windows 8 "You can customise more, like your profile pic". Wooooopppppeeeeddddddoooooooo. Also microsofts closed marketplace platform allows for better run apps? Seriously? You... I cant even be bothered.

Don't care.

I can do everything in Win 8 that I was able to do in Win 7 only much faster and better.

ralphster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ralphster
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts

Microsoft profits either way.