Wind Waker HD Remake has better visuals than anything game on PS3/360

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Nope, Wii U, so far, can't even poke the Bear ...

med_Banjo_in_Banjoland.jpg

Let alone take on Marcus & teh Chief. :P

super600

That X game can crush that game in graphics,halo 4 and GOW3.

Yeah, no.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Lol no. Windwaker HD doesn't look as good as the new Xeno game. And THAT doesn't look as good as Halo, Gears, Forza, God Of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Crysis, Far Cry, etc.
Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

No, they changed the original art style to something worse imo. Too much bloom, the colors are too bright

Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts

Wind Waker proves that a great art style is better than trying to go for realistic graphics. Some might even say Wind Waker looks better than Crysis on Ultra on a high end PC and I would be inclined to agree with them, but the point I'm trying to make here is that there is nothing on PS3/360 that can rival Wind Wakers visuals or even come close.

Better luck next gen ae you cows and lems ? Wii U has already set the visual standard before you got going.

Such a shame... :'(

Chuubby

whats-wrong-with-you-Reggie-Fils-Aime-my

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#105 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Nope, Wii U, so far, can't even poke the Bear ...

med_Banjo_in_Banjoland.jpg

Let alone take on Marcus & teh Chief. :P

fernandmondego_

That X game can crush that game in graphics,halo 4 and GOW3.

Yeah, no.

HAlo 4 and GeoW3 are more linear then X.:P

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 super600  Moderator

Lol no. Windwaker HD doesn't look as good as the new Xeno game. And THAT doesn't look as good as Halo, Gears, Forza, God Of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Crysis, Far Cry, etc.locopatho

Do you think it's possible to make that game on current gen consoles without any downgrades?;)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Lol no. Windwaker HD doesn't look as good as the new Xeno game. And THAT doesn't look as good as Halo, Gears, Forza, God Of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Crysis, Far Cry, etc.super600

Do you think it's possible to make that game on current gen consoles without any downgrades?;)

super600 uses "Change subject"! ..... it's not very effective...... This be a graphics thread. Graphically, there's no WiiU game that looks better then 360/PS3's best. If you wanna talk linearity vs openness that's a different issue :P
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Lol no. Windwaker HD doesn't look as good as the new Xeno game. And THAT doesn't look as good as Halo, Gears, Forza, God Of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Crysis, Far Cry, etc.locopatho

super600 uses "Change subject"! ..... it's not very effective...... This be a graphics thread. Graphically, there's no WiiU game that looks better then 360/PS3's best. If you wanna talk linearity vs openness that's a different issue :P

Linearity and openness does attribute to graphics but lets not go into that...

It would never end the way we like.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

one would hope so.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="super600"]

AznbkdX

Of course it affects graphics. Linear Uncharted 3/God of War 3 will always look better then completely open Skyrim or GTA. Doesn't change the FACT that when talking about graphics, Uncharted 3/GOW3 will always be mentioned as being at or near the top and Skyrim/GTA (while looking great for their scale) won't get a look in. Sheep need to get better at spin. Granted, it's been a rough last gen of complete demolition in all respects so they may be outta practice :P
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Lol no. Windwaker HD doesn't look as good as the new Xeno game. And THAT doesn't look as good as Halo, Gears, Forza, God Of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Crysis, Far Cry, etc.locopatho

But the structure of a game can affect how it looks.I think the game looks really great graphically(high end PS3/360 game) or slightly better.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="super600"]

super600

But the structure of a game can affect how it looks.I think the game looks really great graphically(high end PS3/360 game) or slightly better.

The scale and draw distance are impressive I agree. But for sheer prettiness I don't think it wins.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] super600 uses "Change subject"! ..... it's not very effective...... This be a graphics thread. Graphically, there's no WiiU game that looks better then 360/PS3's best. If you wanna talk linearity vs openness that's a different issue :Plocopatho

Of course it affects graphics. Linear Uncharted 3/God of War 3 will always look better then completely open Skyrim or GTA. Doesn't change the FACT that when talking about graphics, Uncharted 3/GOW3 will always be mentioned as being at or near the top and Skyrim/GTA (while looking great for their scale) won't get a look in. Sheep need to get better at spin. Granted, it's been a rough last gen of complete demolition in all respects so they may be outta practice :P

Won't get a look in sure, but you know that there will be counterarguments on their potentials, and that they may have used more graphical capability than those linear games but it doesn't show because of its size.

Thats the thing... their is theorycrafting on potential which will never be resolved and then their is guessing on what the definition of graphics really is. Are we talking its graphical capability on paper as in how much of the GPU does it really work up or just by our eyes? This stuff will never go well, which is why I hate graphics threads. Of course the most logical route would be to accept graphics for what they are right in front of you but their is still resistance.

Although because of arguments like this it is still annoying enough for me to keep coming back to them. :P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

AznbkdX

Won't get a look in sure, but you know that there will be counterarguments on their potentials, and that they may have used more graphical capability than those linear games but it doesn't show because of its size.

Thats the thing... their is theorycrafting on potential which will never be resolved and then their is guessing on what the definition of graphics really is. Are we talking its graphical capability on paper or just by our eyes? This stuff will never go well, which is why I hate graphics threads. Of course the most logical route would be to accept graphics for what they are right in front of you but their is still resistance.

Although because of arguments like this is still annoying enough for me to keep coming back to them. :P

Uh, I use my eyes, friend :) I adore the GTA, Saints Row, Ass Creed, Elder Scrolls games of this world. But it's not (usually) for their graphics. The kings will nearly always be linear! And yeah addictive annoyance should be the motto of System Wars :D
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Of course it affects graphics. Linear Uncharted 3/God of War 3 will always look better then completely open Skyrim or GTA. Doesn't change the FACT that when talking about graphics, Uncharted 3/GOW3 will always be mentioned as being at or near the top and Skyrim/GTA (while looking great for their scale) won't get a look in. Sheep need to get better at spin. Granted, it's been a rough last gen of complete demolition in all respects so they may be outta practice :Plocopatho

Thats the thing... their is theorycrafting on potential which will never be resolved and then their is guessing on what the definition of graphics really is. Are we talking its graphical capability on paper or just by our eyes? This stuff will never go well, which is why I hate graphics threads. Of course the most logical route would be to accept graphics for what they are right in front of you but their is still resistance.

Although because of arguments like this is still annoying enough for me to keep coming back to them. :P

Uh, I use my eyes, friend :) I adore the GTA, Saints Row, Ass Creed, Elder Scrolls games of this world. But it's not (usually) for their graphics. The kings will nearly always be linear! And yeah addictive annoyance should be the motto of System Wars :D

I don't like graphics debates on games that use the same engines and the similar artstyles and similar settings, but its usually a hell of a lot better than the humdrum you get from comparing graphics to things that don't even match each other. It surprises me that people would actually argue about graphics on completely different genres and games with completely different engines. Comparing apples to oranges never gets old.

Anyways, yeah arrogance and the funny stuff on here just makes for fun times. :P

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
The 'overreach' is strong with this one.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]I love how Sheep all of a sudden care about graphics.MFDOOM1983
I'm sure they'll go back to their gameplay>graphics stance when the other two consoles release.

Pricisely

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Okami PS3 HD remake is a strong contender to it...

Wehavetrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Wehavetrash
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Great thread incommingMonsieurX
This thread sucks and this game was part of the era of the death of nintendo 2001 gamepube. Lame ass sega jet set radio sega graphics rip off game.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Great thread incommingWehavetrash
This thread sucks and this game was part of the era of the death of nintendo 2001 gamepube. Lame ass sega jet set radio sega graphics rip off game.

Someone is upset we are getting a remake of the 2003 GOTY...
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wehavetrash"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Great thread incommingRyanShazam

Someone is upset we are getting a remake of the 2003 GOTY...

Ignore him and all his alts.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#122 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Wind Waker proves that a great art style is better than trying to go for realistic graphics. Some might even say Wind Waker looks better than Crysis on Ultra on a high end PC and I would be inclined to agree with them, but the point I'm trying to make here is that there is nothing on PS3/360 that can rival Wind Wakers visuals or even come close.

Better luck next gen ae you cows and lems ? Wii U has already set the visual standard before you got going.

Chuubby

:|

Sir, I have no idea what monitor you saw Crysis running on, and each to his own here, but no. It doesn't look better than maxed out Crysis; not even close. Wind Waker HD looks beautiful, that much I can agree on.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="Chuubby"]

YearoftheSnake5

Sir, I have no idea what monitor you saw Crysis running on, and each to his own here, but no. It doesn't look better than maxed out Crysis; not even close. Wind Waker HD looks beautiful, that much I can agree on.

Art-style in WW may look better than in Crysis but in terms of graphical realism and techical advancement, Crysis is on another level.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#124 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

If we're going by subjective artstyIe, then GCN Wind Waker looks better than Wii U Wind Waker... The scenery is greatly improved, but the character models looked WAYbetter when they were cell shaded. That was the whole apeal of the visuals

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#125 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

anyone with eyes can see that project X is at the very least on par with top tier ps3/360 games. Even more impressive is that it manages to pull off those visuals on a much grander scale than something linear like Uncharted or Gears.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#126 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Windwaker looks beautiful due to it's art direction, not technically.

PAL360

LMAO!

No...just no....you can't use this argument. You arn't allowed to. Every time I point out that PS3 has better technical games, you bring up the "it's all subjective just artstyle", you cannot do the opposite now PAL. Sorry.

Anyway WindWaker looks very good but I still think their are technically better games on 360 and PS3.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

No.

charizard1605

Not really, not at all.

PhazonBlazer

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="Chuubby"]

YearoftheSnake5

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Chuubby
LMAO!! NO!! Keep trying though.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 blackace

You all say No, but fail to backup your statement, if this was a court of law you would be found guilty and thrown in jail where your ass would then be penetrated by a giant mexican man named Sally.

Chuubby
Where is the link to the video of this great Wind Waker game? LOL!! Get of the forums and stop trolling.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

You all say No, but fail to backup your statement, if this was a court of law you would be found guilty and thrown in jail where your ass would then be penetrated by a giant mexican man named Sally.

Chuubby
Even Chaz said no. :|
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#132 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

They're a quintessential part of the English language and I like to use them. Get over it weaboo..

Master_ShakeXXX

:lol: What an angry kid.

What a human paraquat. Go drool over some pictures of Goku's dragon balls.

:lol:
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#133 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

It's a beautiful looking game.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 blackace

who the heck said that Windwaker looks better than Crysis?

LegatoSkyheart

LMAO!! I can't stop laughing. This has to be one of the funniest threads I've seen on here in awhile. Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii looks better then Wind Waker.

My stomach aches from laughing so hard and for so long.

Chuubby said: "There we have it ladies and gentlemen !!! Wii U pics of the greatest looking game of all time You may now be jelly LMAO!!

Here, let me pull you out of that large vat of jelly.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

This one of those threads were even though nobody agrees with the OP it will be used as an example of sheep stupidity... even though no sheep are really agreeing.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Just face facts TC,Nintendo aint interested in powerful consoles anymore,WiiU is an underpowered system that will be all but ignored except for a few exclusives once PS4/Nextbox come out.Now stop making silly threads.