Wind Waker HD Remake has better visuals than anything game on PS3/360

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Chuubby (416 posts) -

Wind Waker proves that a great art style is better than trying to go for realistic graphics. Some might even say Wind Waker looks better than Crysis on Ultra on a high end PC and I would be inclined to agree with them, but the point I'm trying to make here is that there is nothing on PS3/360 that can rival Wind Wakers visuals or even come close.

Better luck next gen ae you cows and lems ? Wii U has already set the visual standard before you got going.

Such a shame... :'(

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (42802 posts) -

No.

#3 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11467 posts) -

Not really, not at all.

#4 Posted by charizard1605 (55283 posts) -

No.

lundy86_4

Not really, not at all.

PhazonBlazer
#5 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
wrong.
#6 Posted by Neon_Noir (1503 posts) -

100% correct. #combobreaker

#7 Posted by BrunoBRS (73259 posts) -
...no.
#8 Posted by MonsieurX (29148 posts) -
Great thread incomming
#10 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
Wind Waker U Hd looks fantastic but it is not setting any bar, I'll leave that feat to Mario U or X.
#11 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11467 posts) -

You all say No, but fail to backup your statement, if this was a court of law you would be found guilty and thrown in jail where your ass would then be penetrated by a giant mexican man named Sally.

Chuubby

Penetrations cool.

#12 Posted by Neon_Noir (1503 posts) -

You all say No, but fail to backup your statement, if this was a court of law you would be found guilty and thrown in jail where your ass would then be penetrated by a giant mexican man named Sally.

Chuubby

Not if I penetrate myself first.

#13 Posted by Blabadon (25607 posts) -
Game in my sig had better cel shading.
#14 Posted by magiciandude (9677 posts) -

Don't push it.

#15 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Wind Waker

Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-04.jpg

Ni No Kuni

ni_no_kuni_wrath_of_the_white_witch_scre

It looks good, but f*ck you.

#16 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

YES! :D

[spoiler] but really no :( [/spoiler]

#17 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
no.
#18 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

I suppose even sheep need a fakeboy presence.

#19 Posted by lundy86_4 (42802 posts) -

Chuubby

You need to brush up on how a Court of Law works.

#20 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6178 posts) -
Nope this is terrible thread and you should feel bad the fan renders someone posted looks much better I thought that was the HD remake at first and I was actually interested then I saw the actual "remake" and lost all interest. Why would I pay $300-$400 for a wiiu + $40-$60 for a copy of the "remake" when I could just rip my copy of wind waker and play it in dolphin in high resolution on my pc without massive amount of annoying bloom?
#21 Posted by BrunoBRS (73259 posts) -

Chuubby
good thing it's not a court of law. now stop making me say negative things about my favorite games.
#22 Posted by Neon_Noir (1503 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chuubby"]

lundy86_4

You need to brush up on how a Court of Law works.

You need to stock up on lube.

#23 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

joeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

#24 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9737 posts) -
based on the specs it's obvious that it was only a matter of time before the wiiu outstripped the HD twins in every way.
#25 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

the fan renders someone posted looks much better I thought that was the HD remake at first and I was actually interested then I saw the actual "remake" and lost all interest.DJ_Headshot

For a second I thought the OP would be making all the dumb posts in this thread.

#26 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6178 posts) -

See looks great simple and clean but coloroful and visually appealing and no annoying gobs of bloom!

http://i.picpar.com/aaa0cb1076991a407f00df683d50d608ad7b6dec.jpg

#27 Posted by charizard1605 (55283 posts) -

See looks great simple and clean but coloroful and visually appealing and no annoying gobs of bloom!

http://i.picpar.com/aaa0cb1076991a407f00df683d50d608ad7b6dec.jpg

DJ_Headshot
Now how can you say a bastardized fan render looks better?
#28 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

DJ_Headshot

Just to be clear, is this what you thought was the fan render?

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -
Since we're talking about cell-shading. I liked it in The Darkness 2.  Yes, that dude is gonna suffer from the worst deepthroat in the history of mankind.
#30 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6178 posts) -

[QUOTE="DJ_Headshot"]

Wiimotefan

No this is the original game in higher resolution with AA
#31 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Headshot"]

DJ_Headshot

No this is the original game in higher resolution with AA

Yeah, I know that. Well than lol @ you. Those fan made renders are terrible in every way.

#32 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11467 posts) -

Since we're talking about cell-shading. I liked it in The Darkness 2.  Yes, that dude is gonna suffer from the worst deepthroat in the history of mankind.freedomfreak

Ewww.

#33 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6178 posts) -

[QUOTE="DJ_Headshot"]

charizard1605

Now how can you say a bastardized fan render looks better?

I personally think this looks better then what they showed in the preview of the wind waker HD altough I would need to play the final version to judge I didn't like how skyward sword looked based on the images they showed but I played it and it really looks beautiful in HD in motion just need to play further back as the blur they added in the game doesn't look so good up close like when viewing on my 32" lcd from 3 ft vs the 6-7 ft from my 34" trinitron crt.

https://lh3.ggpht.com/-WbFtwgZ48Ws/Tg3Iyha27RI/AAAAAAAACbs/rGv-cKqsb4g/s1600/tww_raytrace0J1Cq.jpg

#34 Posted by Neon_Noir (1503 posts) -

Yeah, I know that. Well than lol @ you. Those fan made renders are terrible in every way.

Wiimotefan

Pretty sure that's just the game running on Dolphin.

#35 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
#realtalk
#36 Posted by Neon_Noir (1503 posts) -

#realtalkBadosh

#badumbdosh

#37 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Neon_Noir

It is, I've played it like that and it looks amazing!

Hes trying to say that the fan made renders look better when the truth is they look like garbage.

#38 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19858 posts) -
It looks good, but f*ck you.Master_ShakeXXX
I remember the first time I used a cuss word.
#39 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"]

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Wiimotefan

Hes trying to say that the fan made renders look better when the truth is they look like garbage.

since when are the tree on the mountain made of FVcking paper? 0__o

#40 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Wind Waker proves that a great art style is better than trying to go for realistic graphics. Some might even say Wind Waker looks better than Crysis on Ultra on a high end PC and I would be inclined to agree with them, but the point I'm trying to make here is that there is nothing on PS3/360 that can rival Wind Wakers visuals or even come close.

Better luck next gen ae you cows and lems ? Wii U has already set the visual standard before you got going.

Such a shame... :'(

Chuubby

1: No. That's a matter of opinion. Saying either is better than the other is not true, also because they're not mutually exclusive. You can have fantastic art style, that's still designed to be crisp, detailed, and realistic.

2: Hahaha. No. Not even close.

3: Even if that were true, what are you proud of? A brand new console visually outmatching two consoles that are the better half of a decade old? Congratulations, I guess. You're apparently easy to impress.

4: Once again, acting like the WiiU is supposed to be the same gen as the ps360. You forget about the Wii, already? Fickle, I see...

/serious reply to obvious flamebait

#41 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]It looks good, but f*ck you.Ragnarok1051

They're a quintessential part of the English language and I like to use them. Get over it weaboo..

#42 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19858 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]It looks good, but f*ck you.Master_ShakeXXX

They're a quintessential part of the English language and I like to use them. Get over it weaboo..

:lol: What an angry kid.
#43 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6178 posts) -

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"]

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Wiimotefan

I wasn't comparing the renders to the original game just to the wind waker remake pics I like them more then what they showed adnd prefered the original game to them as well but not like it matters don't really have an interest in replaying Wind Waker even after all these years(If Nintendo remade Majora Mask for the WiiU I defiantly would replay that once I got one) and It would probably be impossible to run that level of graphics in real time even with a high end pc.

#44 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"] I remember the first time I used a cuss word. Ragnarok1051

What a human paraquat. Go drool over some pictures of Goku's dragon balls.

#45 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19858 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

:lol: This kid!
#46 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"] :lol: What an angry kid. Ragnarok1051

:lol: This kid!

Of course, go with the typical "I'm not creative enough to come up with a worthwhile response to that so I'm just gonna insert a little emoticon and pretend that I'm unfazed." So boring.

#47 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2387 posts) -
Not at all.
#48 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -
Wind Waker HD REMAKE! YES!
#49 Posted by caseypayne69 (5386 posts) -

Chuubby
Ill feed the troll. You say better luck next gen but your comparing next gen game to a seven year old current gen. How is there own-age? It should surpass unless its garbage. And we haven't even see. The next gen S or MS console. Your probably counting your eggs before they hatch.
#50 Posted by BranKetra (47747 posts) -
Where are the screenshots?