Will You Get PSNow For PS4 And Keep PSPlus As Well?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Will You Get PSNow For PS4 And Keep PSPlus As Well? (29 votes)

Keep PSPlus And Get PSNow 21%
Keep PSPlus And Not Get PSNow 48%
Get PSNow Only 7%
Not Get Either Service. 24%

With the PSNow price ($49.99) leaked, who will pay the extra $49.99 on top of PSPlus? Will you cancel your PSPlus and get PSNow instead? Will you not get either of these services and just enjoy the games on the PS4?

Personally, I'll just stick with PSPlus. My PS3 works fine and I still play a lot of games on it when not playing my other 4 game consoles. PSNow also isn't going to have a lot of games for it immediately anyways. It would probably be best to wait a year before signing up for it if that's what you intend to do. What does SW gamers think?

#1 Posted by gago-gago (9858 posts) -

Depends on the PSNow service. If it lives up to the hype and expectation which made Sony invest so much money on and make it run smoothly with a robust library, sure why not. But I doubt it will be, not until a couple years later with more servers and publishing rights deals.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (43097 posts) -

I don't have PS+, nor am I interested in paying for it. PSNow intrigues me though.

#3 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

Still waiting for the rental prices

#4 Posted by misterpmedia (4392 posts) -

I've no use for the PSnow service. I still have working PS1, 2 and 3. Still trust physical more over digital too. Adding to that my internet is still shitty ADSL so I'll be streaming nothing fast. I'd probably see if I could get a PS1, 2 or 3 online first before succumbing to a service like PSnow.

#5 Posted by Zassimick (7082 posts) -

I'll pass on it until later when more titles are made available, then we'll see. The potential is great but it's not something I want to spend more money on.

#6 Posted by blackace (21378 posts) -
@PinkieWinkie said:

If it's a yearly (or monthly) service there will be no need for rental prices. You pay one fee for a year or 3 month, and then you get to play all the PS3 games that are on the service for that time frame.

#7 Edited by Slashkice (13611 posts) -

There's no way I'm getting rid of PS+, getting free games every month on top of the discounts is just too damn good. I'll get PS Now too, but once the library builds up.

#8 Edited by hoyalawya (344 posts) -

Will wait to read reviews of PS Now. Will not blind buy. My main concern is lag.

#9 Edited by misterpmedia (4392 posts) -

@hoyalawya said:

Will wait to read reviews of PS Now. Will not blind buy. My main concern is lag.

there's always gonna be that. For a long while to come. That's why I'm not fond of things that need constant stable as a rock connections.

#10 Edited by _Matt_ (9360 posts) -

I'll just stick with PS+ only, the leaked price is a rip off.

#11 Edited by Draign (882 posts) -

I cant help but feel like Sony is holding back PS4 titles to make Playstation Now seem more enticing to its base.

#12 Posted by darkangel115 (2211 posts) -

@blackace said:
@PinkieWinkie said:

If it's a yearly (or monthly) service there will be no need for rental prices. You pay one fee for a year or 3 month, and then you get to play all the PS3 games that are on the service for that time frame.

that's not 100% guaranteed. The price could go by limits and tier plans. for instance 50 dollars gives you 100 hours of streaming, 75.00 gives you 200 hours, 100.00 gives you unlimited etc. Maybe even a 10.00 dollar for access plus rental fees. I'd expect sony to have tiered plans if they want to get this out to as many people as possible.

#13 Edited by Telekill (5063 posts) -

They said there would be individual game prices so I'm waiting to see price confirmations for everything. Right now, The $50 annual price isn't confirmed so I'm waiting. Either way, I'll probably use this as a rental service at best.

#14 Posted by Bigboi500 (31019 posts) -

Zero interest in PSNow, will keep PS+.

#15 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I don't think there will be any reason to get PS Now.

#16 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@blackace: pretty sure they already said there would be individual rental prices

#17 Posted by Heil68 (46845 posts) -

If it is $50 or less per year, than I'll probably get it.

#18 Edited by Krelian-co (12721 posts) -

Depends on the price but my ps3 works just fine.

#19 Edited by SoNin360 (5667 posts) -

I'm waiting for more details, especially with the rental aspects. But as it is, I doubt I'm going to be willing to pay anything on top of my PS+ membership. I think there will be too many overlapping gaps between the services, and it's probably going to consist of games I've already played, at least from the games I'm interested in playing.

#20 Posted by Gue1 (11257 posts) -

I have crap internet, so PS Now would be useless to me anyway. The latency would kill the experience.

#21 Posted by lundy86_4 (44210 posts) -

Only PS+. It's an excellent service.

PSNow offers something I have no interest in, which is streaming games.

#22 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I don't have PS+, nor am I interested in paying for it. PSNow intrigues me though.

but you're missing out on all the free games!

#23 Posted by freedomfreak (43097 posts) -
@lostrib said:

Free, my Belgian butt!

#24 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3217 posts) -

Meh. I'm excited for it but I'll wait for the library to build

#25 Edited by mems_1224 (48418 posts) -

Nope, I have no interest in PS Now

#26 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8859 posts) -

It will have such a small user base and have lag issues. Charging for it won't make this company any money to make a difference.

Plus this..........

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/10/ps-now-sony-cant-afford-to-pay-for-streamed-content-like-netflix-does/

#27 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

i could see them down the road ditching the benefit of games for psn+ and move over to ps now

#28 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@freedomfreak said:

FREE

#29 Posted by MirkoS77 (8196 posts) -

Depends on my finances. Probably keep both.

#30 Edited by Couth_ (10311 posts) -

PSNow isn't "for ps4". It's for many devices, PS4 included

#31 Posted by joel_c17 (2979 posts) -

I live in australia - our internet sucks so much donkey dick its not funny. We wont be worrying about psn now for a while yet.

#32 Edited by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

Not interested in PSNow what so ever.

#33 Posted by blackace (21378 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@blackace said:
@PinkieWinkie said:

that's not 100% guaranteed. The price could go by limits and tier plans. for instance 50 dollars gives you 100 hours of streaming, 75.00 gives you 200 hours, 100.00 gives you unlimited etc. Maybe even a 10.00 dollar for access plus rental fees. I'd expect sony to have tiered plans if they want to get this out to as many people as possible.

True, it's now confirmed yet, but I can't see anyone wanting to pay rental fees for games they already own. Paying by the hour doesn't sound too enticing either. I would rather pay $15 for 3 months or $50 for a year if I was going to use the service.

#34 Edited by marcheegsr (2997 posts) -

Im sticking with ps plus. Ps now does interest me but I will wait until the titles I want are available.. than maybe ill subscribe.

#35 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@blackace: why in the shit would rent a game that you already own?

#36 Posted by coasterguy65 (6254 posts) -

I'm good with my PS3 and PS+. I still haven't found a reason to own a PS4 yet. When I do finally get a PS4, then I will take a look at PSNow. Honestly I'm expecting it to be the Sony version of OnLive, but they may surprise me.

#37 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7828 posts) -

I have no interest at all in PS+. The idea of streaming games to my tv without the use of a console sort of intrigues me, though. I might get PS Now if the service works well and the library gets a lot bigger.

#38 Posted by jsmoke03 (13136 posts) -

always wait for black friday to purchase to see if any of them have deals

#39 Edited by Bishop1310 (1201 posts) -

lol idiots. 100+ bucks a year for a shit library of games.

#40 Posted by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

I probably would. Seems like a good deal, need more info on the games, though. Didn't have PS+ with my PS3, so it sounds good.

#41 Edited by Tighaman (1038 posts) -

Until these MFs stop using ps3 for servers for actual services like ps+ and ps now I would never get it. When Outlast came out the whole network shut down that's weak than a little bit to me, maybe sell some more shit or these fanboys stop instead of talking mess about the x1 and actually buy the games, system, and service for the ps4 maybe it will get better.

#42 Edited by LustForSoul (5910 posts) -

I'm a pc gamer but I do own a Vita, so I will definitely try it on that. I want to stream certain PS3 exclusives, I'm kinda hyped. No PS+.

#43 Edited by Nengo_Flow (10422 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

I'll pass on it until later when more titles are made available, then we'll see. The potential is great but it's not something I want to spend more money on.

this.

Although $50 for a year of game streaming is actually a REALLY good price, the problem is that you are already paying $50 for another service that you kinda need more.

Seriously $50 for NOW is way lower than I thought. I thought it was going to be like $5-$10 a month.

If they do package of $70-$75 a year for PSN+ and NOW, I would get it.

Bit $50 for one service and $50 for another is a bit too much

#44 Posted by Senor_Kami (8439 posts) -

I won't. PS+ is good enough for me. I own all of the PS3 games that I know I want to play. PS+ gives me the ones I don't know I like yet. I don't need any more than that.

Besides, the games I play the most on a regular basis are twitchy fighters or shooters that border on unplayable when there is lag. I don't think PSNow is well suited for those types of games.

#45 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

I'll stick with PS+. I'll only get PSNow if they are offering some kind of discount or special deal on it for PS+ subscribers.

#46 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

I will have both! If that $50 a year price is correct, then I'm happy to pay it.

#47 Posted by jake44 (2045 posts) -

I have 200+ games from the PS1-PS3 era, so I really don't have a use for PSNow.

#48 Edited by Ghost120x (4147 posts) -

With that price PS Now is a novelty to me at this point. I have all the legacy consoles so I can just play games on those and I doubt PsNow will host the niche stuff that I'm trying to find and play. It will probably be mostly first party stuff that everyone has played countless times (god of war, jak ect.)

#49 Edited by StrongBlackVine (9469 posts) -

I have a PS3 so PSNow is worhless to me, especially if the rumors are true about PSOne/PS2 emulation coming to PS4. PS+ is amazing. I will never run out games to play even if I never buy another one(obviously I will keep buying games).