Will you buy RE Remake?

• 70 results
Posted by Telekill (5272 posts) 10 months, 28 days ago

Poll: Will you buy RE Remake? (69 votes)

Yes, love that game. 45%
No, I don't care about this. 20%
Yes, after a price drop. 14%
Yes, but only if a physical copy is made. 9%
Yes, but only if sales convince Capcom to Remake RE2. 10%
No, because it's not on the system I want it for. 1%

With the recent announcement of RE Remake coming to various systems, I'm curious on how the gaming community views it.

Do you have plans to buy it? Does a digital only release affect your decision? With no Wii-U or portable support, does that change your mind?

If RE Remake were to get good sales numbers, and it convinced Capcom to make RE2 Remake, would you buy the first Remake to help nudge Capcom to make the other?

Thanks for answering.

As for me, I'd prefer a physical collectors edition with steelbook case for PS4 but after waiting 12 years for this to come to a PlayStation, digital is better than nothing.

#1 Posted by BldgIrsh (3025 posts) -

Oh god. I came in thinking that sony and/or Microsoft was making a re-remake of a game.

#2 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3868 posts) -

Guess it depends on if they add any additional content or if it's just a graphics update. I mean, I've already got the Wii version and that stills pretty good today.

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19059 posts) -

Wheres the option that just says No... ?

Come on man !

#4 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

Only ever bought it once. Last good Resident Evil. One of the best games of the sixth generation. Why the hell not?

#5 Edited by freedomfreak (44546 posts) -

Sure. I haven't played it in a looooooooong time.

#6 Posted by gameofthering (10515 posts) -

Yes (Steam)

#7 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17651 posts) -

No, because the game sucks. Buying it the first time around was a stupid enough of a decision on my part.

#8 Posted by Ballroompirate (23870 posts) -

Yup day 1

#9 Posted by KBFloYd (15050 posts) -

a gamecube game at 1080p? i already played it on my wii last gen :)

#10 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Yeah, never played it before.

#11 Posted by glez13 (9065 posts) -

Yes. Awesome game.

#12 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (10415 posts) -

I have the original on GC - if this version is priced reasonably then maybe. Maybe I could get my wife hooked as she likes horror films and the only kind of games that seem to be of any interest to her are adventure games.

#13 Edited by aroxx_ab (11056 posts) -

I own it already on old platform, why buy it again...

#14 Posted by vashkey (33770 posts) -

Maybe. These next gen consoles don't have anything good on them anyway.

#15 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3359 posts) -

yes but only when it's 75% off

#16 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19059 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr

Capcom is having a sale rightnow on XBL.... You could President Evil Revelations %66 off.

#18 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26633 posts) -

Yeah, I will buy it on Steam when it comes out. (or on Steam Sale)

#19 Posted by thehig1 (3543 posts) -

I'll bite if it's on steam I guess,I do want resident evil 2 and 3 to be remade as well

#20 Posted by hehe101 (688 posts) -

yup

#21 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17584 posts) -

It is just the gamecube version with a resolution increase.

Which sounds ok. But then I saw the game is not 16:9 and actually playing in 16:9 cuts off the viewing space. Which makes me really question how much effort was put into this.

And then I think about how overpriced RE4 is on PC and that makes me just want to stick with the Gamecube version.

#22 Posted by RyviusARC (4936 posts) -

I won't buy it because it looks worse than the Gamecube version running on my PC.

The new version has cropped backgrounds that are over-sharpened with ugly crushed blacks.

#23 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26273 posts) -

I'll be getting the PC version since they decided to skip Wii-U.

#24 Edited by lamprey263 (26161 posts) -

Maybe, if the price is ever right. I already have the GameCube versions of each game which I'm content playing on my Wii with the GC controller.

I'd hope if a big remake were to be made they'd go all out, instead of designing the game with the same fixed cameras and controls for such a set-up, I'd of hoped for something like what they did for RE5: Lost in Nightmares, a full 3D remake of the mansion, modern dual analog controls, over the shoulder camera, co-op. But, you can't just update controls with the game how it was, you'd need to increase difficulty as the new controls would make it too easy, so then Capcom would have to throw challenge into the mix, throw more bad guys that are more aggressive at you and create challenge. There's potential there... anyhow, guess more faithful remakes are this are still useful, it allows people to go back and play these games as they were originally played, but in a more tolerable way, visually tolerable anyways, I imagine these dated controls might turn off some people, hell, even I was used to playing games like this for years but am somewhat hesitant against going back and getting a feel for it again. Heck, even RE4 took some getting used to as I was so rusty with one analog movement at first, and no strafing, and no movement aiming... but, I did eventually get used to it after a little more play, and it was still a fun experience. Hope I can say the same for this.

#25 Posted by Martin_G_N (1736 posts) -

That game looks stunning with those pre rendered backgrounds and high poly characters, and will look stunning when upgraded to 1080p. It already looks like a current gen game when emulated and upscaled on PC, just too bad it wasn't widescreen support on the GC version.

I will buy it again, I just hope it will have some added content.

#26 Posted by 35cent (932 posts) -

I will be buying yes. The best RE game in 1080p and updated graphics? Yes please.

#27 Posted by jdc6305 (4091 posts) -

I have REmake on the Gamecube but I haven't gotten around to playing it. It's been at the top of my list of games to play. I've just been too lazy to get out the tube tv. I'll get the hd release for sure.

#28 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19059 posts) -

@35cent

Really ?

#29 Edited by kingjazziephiz (2474 posts) -

Nope.

#30 Posted by lostrib (44062 posts) -

No, I'm not a fan of horror games

#31 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

Yeah,I´ll buy it on the PC,but probably on sale,I´m not a particulary huge RE fan anyway,I just hear this one is great so I´ll have a go at it.

#32 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (7461 posts) -

Never really been a fan of the RE series so probably not.

#33 Edited by SolidTy (46307 posts) -

I'm going to wait for a price drop and then I'll grab it. If it was physical, I'd pay more. I'm considering importing if the Japanese physical version is in English.

It really depends on how good they do this remaster as well. I own the GC original since it's launch day.

#34 Posted by Heirren (19377 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I'm going to wait for a price drop and then I'll grab it. If it was physical, I'd pay more. I'm considering importing if the Japanese physical version is in English.

It really depends on how good they do this remaster as well. I own the GC original since it's launch day.

From what I've seen it looks like a hack job. Improved character models with ultra photoshopped super sampled backdrops. In some ways it looks worse than the gamecube version.

#35 Posted by Bigboi500 (31638 posts) -

Nope. Don't care about the franchise outside of RE4.

#36 Edited by remiks00 (2644 posts) -

I will be buying it if the price is $20-$25. Haven't played it since the gamecube launched. I still have my orginal copy of the remake, but no gamecube. RE4 & REmake are my favorite games of the series. If they remade RE2, I would lose my mind lol (in an awesome way of course).

#37 Edited by padaporra (3455 posts) -

Not at full price. But I will.

#38 Posted by General_Solo76 (284 posts) -

Only if it were available in a physical copy. I'm not into digital downloads....maybe if it was like $0.50.

#39 Posted by AzatiS (8391 posts) -

@bldgirsh:

Finally a "true" RE game after all those crappy , sci-fi , alienated craps like RE4/5/6 and some FPS craps ... OFC i will buy it , its one of a kind. I had a blast a decade ago and definitly ill need this game for my personal collection. Maybe ill buy it after a price drop if it really high on release since ive already finished the original on GC like 3-4 times now but definitly a purchase . PC version , STEAM preferably that is.

#40 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19059 posts) -

@AzatiS

President Evil 4 5 and 6 were not crappy.... They just changed and you couldn't handle it.... I wouldn't be surprized if you literally shed a tear.

#41 Posted by Roler42 (902 posts) -

Without a second thought, grabbing it on steam

Will help heal the pain that the pile of garbage that is 6 has caused

#42 Posted by Heirren (19377 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

President Evil 4 5 and 6 were not crappy.... They just changed and you couldn't handle it.... I wouldn't be surprized if you literally shed a tear.

Well after number 4 Shinji Mikami wasn't involved. After that it is like Michael Bay buying the rights to Transformers and making amazing films about them.

#43 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19059 posts) -

@Heirren

Ah yes... Shinji Mikami, I think he was easy to replace... After all If Hideki Kamiya can do then any developer can !

Cliff Blezinski should Direct the Next President Evil ! :)

#44 Posted by Heirren (19377 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Heirren

Ah yes... Shinji Mikami, I think he was easy to replace... After all If Hideki Kamiya can do then any developer can !

Cliff Blezinski should Direct the Next President Evil ! :)

I'm not following. Hideki Kamiya is great. He also wasn't around post RE4.

#45 Edited by AzatiS (8391 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

Whatever , im an oldschool RE fan. I started playing RE on PS1 , day 1. I bet you are too young for that to know the impact those titles had . RE1/RE2/REMAKE/VERONICA on their release dates... I loved the series more for their lore and settings along with atmosphere and true survival/horror attributes way more than what RE became with 4/5/6. Downfall started with 4. Thats what my opinion is. Why to even think to handle something i find bad? Rofl , thats what you doing ? I just pass them and moved on to something else. I finished RE4 and it felt ..so bad. I got bored with 5 after chapter 3 or something , the first RE i started and never finished since the original ! I didnt even bother with RE6. Those games are for lulus i guess.

Now go play your RE 6 , that fantastic piece of crap ... Ill gladly play the new REMAKE over 4/5/6 combined anyday. You newbies youll understand soon enough

#46 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19059 posts) -

@Heirren

Hideki hasn't made a Horror game since.... Infact President Evil 2 is the only one I know of. Surely that must raise some questions about the Divine Brilliance of Shinji Mikami..... Was President Evil as good as people think it is ?

#47 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19059 posts) -

@AzatiS

What about the Gameplay ?

#48 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26998 posts) -

Yup. Though I will pick up on sale. If they would have put out the LE like they are with jpn maybe I would have gotten day 1.

#49 Edited by AzatiS (8391 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

What about the Gameplay ?

Depends. Personally i didnt mind that much oldschool REs gameplay . I favored the true survival/horror elements , settings , lore and atmosphere over the clumsy gameplay.

I favor all those things over playing an action horror shooter with BAD gameplay elements. For example : Those "zombies" clever enough to drive , run , chase you , turn on a chainsaw , speak to each other or something .... but so stupid when are next to you , just staring at you waiting for their turn to try to hit you. I wasnt be able to move when i was aiming or i had a merchant spawning out of nowhere selling weapons ? I can go till forever !!! ... That my friend , is not good gameplay/mechanics either. Thats stupid !

I repeat , i would choose REMAKE over 4/5/6 combined even with that clumsy gameplay.

#50 Posted by Heirren (19377 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Heirren

Hideki hasn't made a Horror game since.... Infact President Evil 2 is the only one I know of. Surely that must raise some questions about the Divine Brilliance of Shinji Mikami..... Was President Evil as good as people think it is ?

Considering how many people got sucked into the series on atmosphere alone, I'd say so. This isn't a case of "wow I can't believe you used to play that?! How could you stand the controls." Even back when it was released people had issues with the controls, yet it brought upon such a powerful emotional response that it simply didn't matter that much.

***Imo the controls are not as bad as many make them out to be today. I think gamers now are just unwilling to even bother with game mechanics.