Will xbox one sell 1 million consoles in 24 hours?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ratchet_usa (350 posts) -

In the usa? given this is pretty much xbox land, and the only region where people are dumb enough to support the xbox brand, I would call it a big Flop if it can't even outsell the PS4 day one.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (26888 posts) -

No it won't

#3 Posted by CrownKingArthur (1965 posts) -

doubt it.

#4 Posted by Heil68 (40419 posts) -

I think it will.

#5 Posted by charizard1605 (52559 posts) -

Nope

#6 Posted by chikenfriedrice (8601 posts) -

And that's all that matters, what you think.

#7 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

No idea, my head is not in sales.

#8 Edited by MajesticShea (695 posts) -
#9 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Cows are so desperate. Head to head the PS4/10 has come up short. 24 hour sales is the only thing left to give a glimmer of hope into the lackluster PS4 hype train.

#10 Posted by Netherscourge (16271 posts) -

Do they even have 1 million units available for sale in NA?

#11 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

No, but when did sales matter anyways?

The last 7 years that's all cows have been going on about is that sales don't matter because sales =/= quality.

They also said exclusives were the only thing that mattered as well, but they flip flopped on that the moment PS4 launched, so I wouldn't be surprised if the hypocrisy continues with sales as well.

#12 Edited by Cubs360 (3726 posts) -

I would buy one if I could get one walking into a store. I think demand is there, just not supply.

#13 Posted by BeardMaster (1438 posts) -

Sales will be however many units they managed to produce for launch.

Until consoles are readily available for purchase, sales dont really mean much.

#14 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

No, if by the lack of supplies alone. Then there are the other reasons.

#15 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

No idea, my head is not in sales.

Funny. Couple years back when the PS3 was demolishing the 360 in terms of video games the only ammo lems had were "buuubbuuuu... teh salessss". Now..... "bubuuuuu... teh featuressss!!!111"

#16 Posted by kuu2 (6374 posts) -

I think it will but it really doesn't need to. 700k to 900k will be just fine. Coming out a week after the comp and at $100 more is a super tough climb but I can't wait.

So far One Week has been awesome!

#17 Posted by Caseytappy (2094 posts) -

No, but it would be fun to see the Cow reactions if it did !

#18 Edited by clr84651 (4799 posts) -

ps4 sold 1 million 1st day in america

#19 Posted by clr84651 (4799 posts) -

Cows are so desperate. Head to head the PS4/10 has come up short. 24 hour sales is the only thing left to give a glimmer of hope into the lackluster PS4 hype train.

Lame

#20 Posted by I_can_haz (5677 posts) -

Nope. Even though Xbone is releasing worldwide it still won't match day 1 sales in NA. The supply isn't there plus they just aren't a dominant brand outside the US, and they are getting slaughtered by the PS4 in preorders in Europe.

#21 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

Lame

You are just saying that because you don't like me. Come on......................you like me a little.

#22 Posted by xhawk27 (6634 posts) -

In the usa? given this is pretty much xbox land, and the only region where people are dumb enough to support the xbox brand, I would call it a big Flop if it can't even outsell the PS4 day one.

Yeah most of the world was stupid enough to buy a $600 paper weight.

#23 Edited by kingtito (4419 posts) -

It will completely sell out of consoles and that's all that really matters. Only MS knows how many consoles they were able to produce. Can't sell more than production can pop out.

#24 Posted by AppleFan1991 (2912 posts) -

In my ultra-professional opinion.... I'm guessing 600,000-750,000

#25 Posted by KBFloYd (12177 posts) -

ill say 700,000

but it could be a million...

#26 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2488 posts) -

It's launching worldwide right? If so, I doubt it will sell 1 million in just the US in one day but it may get close to that figure with all the territories combined.

I could see MS releasing a statement saying "The Xbox One SHIPPED over 1 million units in 24 hours worldwide"

#27 Posted by not_wanted (1976 posts) -

Yes....

in an alternate universe :D

#28 Posted by Gue1 (8077 posts) -

only in a lem's wetdream.

#29 Posted by lawlessx (45599 posts) -

looks to me cows are praying it doesn't so they can have SOMETHING to claim ownage with

#30 Posted by edwardecl (1309 posts) -

Depends on how many Xbox Ones Microsoft have shipped, they will sell everything they have for sure. Now the rest of the world, that's debatable.

If they don't sell all they have day one, then they are in big trouble.

#31 Posted by airshocker (27267 posts) -

We'll see.

#32 Posted by xxyetixx (1136 posts) -

how ever many units MS makes is what they will sell!

#33 Edited by starwolf474 (271 posts) -

That depends on if they have 1 million available for sale on launch day. I think they are going to sell out of every console they have available on launch day, so it is just a matter of how many they manage to get on store shelves.

#34 Posted by shawn30 (3685 posts) -

Do they even have 1 million units available for sale in NA?

This.

Personally I'm in the 600,000 to 700, 000 unit range.,

#35 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

I live in the USA, and the USA is playstation land. no one heard of Xbox

#36 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2175 posts) -

I don't think Microsoft has the available hardware numbers that Sony had. Then again the Xbox One is launching in more regions. Who knows what will happen. I will report from the line I guess

#37 Edited by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

Its certainly not the only region where people support the Xbox brand. I'm from the UK, and from what I can gather, there is far more excitement amongst people, as well as more advertising and promotion regarding the release of Xbox One as opposed to the PS4's release. It certainly seems like it'll be the console of choice for casuals over here.

Also in response to your question, I'd say it'll depend on how many units have been produced, they'll probably be sold out everywhere though following the launch, I suspect the same probably happened when the PS4 launched over there.

#38 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25045 posts) -

I think it will fall a little short. 800-900K would be the 2nd most successful launch of all time. That would bode well for the 8th gen of consoles notcountingWiiUbecausewhocares.

#39 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

nope, price up,demand down. you think the ps4 sold that much because it's better?

#40 Edited by tormentos (15256 posts) -

It was xbxo land,you haven't see sites like amazon for months it shows the PS4 been ahead of the xbox one in sales,now on the 13 countries it will release 1 million seem doable on US and Canada alone no chance in hell.

#41 Posted by Suppaman100 (2821 posts) -

Nobody wants that POS and now with all the launch games that flopped...LMFAO! It has no chance.

PS4 already won this gen, just accept it lemmings.

#42 Posted by jsmoke03 (12030 posts) -

50/50....really depends how much they have in stock. im sure its going to sell out....

#43 Edited by RossRichard (2228 posts) -

If they have a million units in stores, maybe. Depends on how many people are willing to shell out $500. I don't see it happening though.

I wouldn't think that they can outsell PS4 until they drop that price some.

#44 Posted by slaves (993 posts) -

i think it will sell almost a million in the US but not quite. In the 22 or 23 countries its launching in definitely over a million.

#45 Posted by AtariKidX (6138 posts) -

Probably.......NO.

#46 Posted by emgesp (1925 posts) -

750k in 24 hours

PS4 will outsell the Xbone in NA for at least 2 years. Xbone can't take NA at $499.99.

#47 Posted by _Matt_ (8324 posts) -

in the US alone? Probably not. But I predict it will sell a good 1.2 million in 24 hours across all the launching territories combined.

And then MS will brag abut this, and lems will claim ownage... until a week later when the PS4 arrives in Europe anyway.

#48 Posted by shellcase86 (1688 posts) -

It's possible, but not likely. As long as there are restocks of PS4s on shelves, many consumers will simply look at the price tags and get the lower cost unit. I do think MSFT will sell alot though, just not as much as Sony.

#49 Edited by Jamex1987 (2186 posts) -

How mature of you to call people dumb for liking the Xbox.

#50 Edited by Basinboy (10665 posts) -

If it does: meh

It if doesn't: meh x2