Will XBOX LIVE be Required Next Gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

With the confirmation that the XBOX ONE needs to be online once every 24hrs, and being the 360 requires payment to use LIVE, will every gamer who purchases the new XBOX ONE have to pay for LIVE?? Even if you only game offline you're still required to sign on to the internet every 24hrs, so will you have to pay just to do that?? That will be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

you know it is, people foolishy payed to play their games online last gen don't see why they are going to stop now.

sweeten16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 sweeten16
Member since 2005 • 2872 Posts
No silver accounts don't pay for live. They can't play online games but can use the all other online features
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#4 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
The infinite cloud power won't be free. I suspect you'll be able to play single player games without infinite cloud power for free as you can now.
Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

you know it is, people foolishy payed to play their games online last gen don't see why they are going to stop now.

Chris_Williams

Yes, but that was by choice. My question is will LIVE be MANDATORY just to play any game at all?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

MS made too much free money to let gold go.

W/E people wish pay MIRCOSOFT  just to play third party multiplayer games on servers THEY DON'T EVEN RUN then go ahead even though YOU know it's wrong.

If you just say "it's only $5 a month.... " It don't matter it, doesn't spend a penny run those servers... 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
Will not be required for me.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Unfortunately, yes.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
No, that would be beyound bottom of stupidy from MS. Not to mention xbox one would only work on those countries:
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

With the confirmation that the XBOX ONE needs to be online once every 24hrs, and being the 360 requires payment to use LIVE, will every gamer who purchases the new XBOX ONE have to pay for LIVE?? Even if you only game offline you're still required to sign on to the internet every 24hrs, so will you have to pay just to do that?? That will be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Headpopper333

Yes, this has been confirmed.

We don't know if a PAID Xbox Live GOLD account is required, but Broadband internet and an Xbox Live account will be required.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

Headpopper333

Yes, but that was by choice. My question is will LIVE be MANDATORY just to play any game at all?

Probably, they haven't said any positives yet so why should they start now?
Avatar image for longtimelurker0
longtimelurker0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 longtimelurker0
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

I'm sure there will be a fre option, silver accounts do not have to pay, I am 100% sure microsoft would not force people to buy live, that would be insane.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

Headpopper333
Silver members can be online what are you talking about.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I don't see why it wouldn't be. Xbox Live did incredibly well for Microsoft AFAIK.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

AAllxxjjnn

Silver members can't even use Netflix or Hulu Plus. 

What good is being "online" if you can't even do anything at all? Is there anything NOT blocked off behind Gold?

My thoughts with this "online check-in required" and focus on cloud is that it could possibly be a move to require Gold membership out of everyone. Which is basically a non-starter for me. I won't even consider it.

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
360 doesn't require you to pay for live. It requires you to pay for playing online. This online once every 24hrs is bad enough as is, no need for this nonsense.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

2Chalupas

Silver members can't even use Netflix or Hulu Plus. 

What good is being "online" if you can't even do anything at all? Is there anything NOT blocked off behind Gold?

My thoughts with this "online check-in required" and focus on cloud is that it could possibly be a move to require Gold membership out of everyone. Which is basically a non-starter for me. I won't even consider it.

To answer:

They allow you to buy Xbox Live games and movies with Silver. They allow you to give them money, and buy things they sell. They don't charge you to come into their store to buy their products.

As an added bonus, you also get to experience the same great advertising Xbox Live Gold members enjoy.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts
No silver accounts don't pay for live. They can't play online games but can use the all other online featuressweeten16
Not all. Certain apps are only accessible with a gold account.
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
[QUOTE="sweeten16"]No silver accounts don't pay for live. They can't play online games but can use the all other online featuresBasinboy
Not all. Certain apps are only accessible with a gold account.

And you know what is the best thing? Technically Xbox can access them for free
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44650 Posts
probably, I like my idea though, offer like 3 months XBL pass with every game they sell, that way it promotes a larger install base
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
teh cloudz demand it of you.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

Nah, Xbox Live Silver will still be on Xbox One however it'll only be there so you can connect and authenticate your games every 24 hours. :lol:

Xbox Live Gold will be the only way you can access all the good stuff on the console.