Will X1's exclusives help MS win NA this holiday season?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

I mean, damn, the only thing that's remotely "exclusive" for PS4 at this moment is LBP 3. At least with X1 you get Forza, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo: MCC. Or will PS4 win through multiplats? I'm curious to know SW's thoughts. X1 is looking pretty good right now. Of course it won't be long before Bloodborne and The Order, but that's still after the new year. Go!

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

No

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

It people cared about having the best games it would. Unfortunately, there is a lot of hype about the ps4 with little reason for it

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

lol the only way it happens is if people swallow Driveclub and realize what garbage it is. The illusion of PS4 being the greatest thing in the history of mankind needs to be shattered first.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@YD_11 said:

It people cared about having the best games it would. Unfortunately, there is a lot of hype about the ps4 with little reason for it

This tbh, it sold mainly because of the Microsoft backlash and no other reason, people didn't even realise how poor it's game library actually was until they completed infamous.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

@YD_11 said:

@bunchanumbers said:

lol the only way it happens is if people swallow Driveclub and realize what garbage it is. The illusion of PS4 being the greatest thing in the history of mankind needs to be shattered first.

@hehe101 said:

This tbh, it sold mainly because of the Microsoft backlash and no other reason, people didn't even realise how poor it's game library actually was until they completed infamous.

What these guys said.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I truly believe if MS can market their console in the right way then they will do well this Christmas. Throw in Black Friday they can make a killing. The PS4 was sold on the promise of good games. Its just like the PS3. The PS3 did not get good enough to buy till at least 2009/10, it was only after that did Sony really crank it up with the great exclusives. The same is happening for the PS4. People (me included) bought the PS4 on the premise of these great games which have yet to come. Multiplats are gimped while the exclusives really aren't that great. You know its bad when the best exclusive title for PS4 is a indie game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

If they price it right, they can probably close the gap in NA

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@hehe101 said:

@YD_11 said:

the best games are multiplat. ps4 will have the best games.. no one cares about exclusives in the real world... they do however care about halo. Halo will help the xbone sell a ton. Not more than the ps4 though

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

The Xbox One has had the better exclusive lineup since launch and it hasn't helped it yet, while the PS4 has sold like crazy on just hype. I don't see that suddenly changing this holiday season, so PS4 will win.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I mean, damn, the only thing that's remotely "exclusive" for PS4 at this moment is LBP 3. At least with X1 you get Forza, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo: MCC. Or will PS4 win through multiplats? I'm curious to know SW's thoughts. X1 is looking pretty good right now. Of course it won't be long before Bloodborne and The Order, but that's still after the new year. Go!

Of course it will help. Halo is still king and Halo:MCC Will sell a lot of consoles. PS4 is gonna still sell well even with a lack of quality games. Its a great system that performs well. Both will do fine.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Sure, why not. PS4 has no games, so Xbone has a massive edge already.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

microsoft better have a good TV ad ready for the halo collection.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

yeah... PS4 having no games is really gonna hurt SONY for the Holiday's.

M$ will end up out selling the PS4 in the Holiday season. But I dont think they'll get rid of the gap or over take the total sales numbers. Tho I can see X1 closing the gap to like just 2 million between them 2 consoles.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46

@Nengo_Flow said:

M$ will end up out selling the PS4 in the Holiday season. But I dont think they'll get rid of the gap or over take the total sales numbers. Tho I can see X1 closing the gap to like just 2 million between them 2 consoles.

I don't think MS will overtake Sony this gen but I do think that MS might just have the better console if they can market those games!

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@starwolf474: You wudda swore xbox has atleast several AAA exclusives the way ppl talk here. TF , Forza and what else ? Ok the ps4 has zero here but 2 to 0 shud be nothing to talk about. Your not missing out on much by not playing those two games. Maybe a little if your a die hard racing fan. And even then neither system still hasnt come out with big time exclusive game yet. You guys dont make sense.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clyde46

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clyde46 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I don't think MS will overtake Sony this gen but I do think that MS might just have the better console if they can market those games!

Really? Do you believe MS exclusives will persistently beat Sony's throughout this whole gen?

If the current trend continues. That being said, we have two heavy hitters for the PS4 next year. This Christmas though, I think will be MS's game if they don't **** it up.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

eh.... XBOX never had good exclusives/1st party games

M$ can keep buying off games, but just like last gen, it wont last for long.

And I wouldnt count out M$ over taking Sony, it could happen. If last gen thought us anything is that shit can happen out of no where, the unthinkable can happen, and the tables just keep flipping. M$/X1 can do it, and M$ does have the resources or can get the resources to do it, the question is will it?

Sony did it last gen by pulling out a miracle, but M$ doesnt even need a miracle, just to play their cards right.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

They definitely have the exclusives over Sony this year and enough money to throw around to keep offering exclusive bundles and attract more customers. Halo Master Chief Collection bundle for $399 would definitely be a system seller if Microsoft decides to do it.

However, I have to say, Microsoft really needs to do a better job advertising their games. I mean, their advertisement for Forza, Sunset Overdrive and Halo this Holiday so far is very good. But their other exclusives like Dance Central Spotlight, D4, and Project Spark all seem to have come and went without anyone noticing nor caring. All of them slipped onto Xbox Live without a second's notice. What the hell? I didn't even realize these games were out by the time they released (didn't help D4 which is unfortunately hovering around 10,000 sales right now).

I fear that Killer Instinct Season 2 and Fantasia: Music Evolved will get lost in the storm too this Holiday.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@YD_11 said:

this

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

x1 will win a month or 2 near the holidays, the negative stigma is fading and with games like cod releasing and now price parity or even cheaper it will start to sell well now

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@clyde46 said:

I truly believe if MS can market their console in the right way then they will do well this Christmas. Throw in Black Friday they can make a killing. The PS4 was sold on the promise of good games. Its just like the PS3. The PS3 did not get good enough to buy till at least 2009/10, it was only after that did Sony really crank it up with the great exclusives. The same is happening for the PS4. People (me included) bought the PS4 on the premise of these great games which have yet to come. Multiplats are gimped while the exclusives really aren't that great. You know its bad when the best exclusive title for PS4 is a indie game.

Don't think they can ever catch up to Sony though. Last gen they released first which pretty much made them the default third party console since Sony was busy punching themselves in the face. This time though they launched at the same time and it took a year for MS to fix their system. MS might win NA down the line but Europe has always been Sonyland for the most part and that won't change no matter what MS does.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@clyde46 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

eh.... XBOX never had good exclusives/1st party games

M$ can keep buying off games, but just like last gen, it wont last for long.

And I wouldnt count out M$ over taking Sony, it could happen. If last gen thought us anything is that shit can happen out of no where, the unthinkable can happen, and the tables just keep flipping. M$/X1 can do it, and M$ does have the resources or can get the resources to do it, the question is will it?

Sony did it last gen by pulling out a miracle, but M$ doesnt even need a miracle, just to play their cards right.

True. But it's a little more complex here. The DRM fiasco and resolutiongate really seem to have taken a toll on Microsoft's image. I mean, Microsoft (in my opinion) has made A LOT of changes to improve the Xbox One image (e.g. dropping the DRM, dropping the price, dropping the Kinect, bundles, exclusive games, moneyhatting exclusives like Tomb Raider, etc.) and they're STILL underselling compared to the PS4.

It's strange. Both consoles are the same price but people seem to have this weird attitude now whenever they think of the Xbox One I've noticed like it's tainted or something.

Who really knows what Microsoft can do anymore other than just undercut Sony and drop the price to $350 but they don't seem interested in doing that (probably afraid to upset the shareholders).

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

There is no reason at all to buy a ps4 at the moment. Just a bunch of empty promises which they cant deliver (as usual)

There is only so much even the most obnoxious cow can take before they realise they fell victim to sonys hype...sooner or later they will get tired of playing sales. All of their exclusives are flopping (the order will flop too, mark my words) Also, When was their last system update? lol

This is where Microsoft clearly excels and the xbone holiday season is looking bloody fantastic, so much so that I wont have enough time to get through everything.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Multiplats sell PS4s (for multiple reasons), so no.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Nah, PS4 is the "hot" item in video games imo.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

@lawlessx said:

microsoft better have a good TV ad ready for the halo collection.

Give Master Chief a Santa hat, and walking through a blizzard somewhere in the North Pole or something... Master Chief comes to clearing and sees polar bears and Santa's Workshop. One polar bear walks up and hands a bottle of Coke to Master Chief. Play some Christmas jingle and add a ho ho ho at the end. Perfect holiday ad for several games and the console. Of course MS would also have to partner with Coke-a-Cola though... lol

Joking aside, if I didn't already have an X1 and I saw that, I would definitely consider it.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Maybe if they spent as much money advertising as Sony has been.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@papatrop said:

Maybe if they spent as much money advertising as Sony has been.

Sony buys hype hard. Perception is reality so people don't know that Sony themselves are dying. They also believe that its where the greatest play. Sony pretty much followed the CoD mentality and advertised it into your brain that the PS4 is the greatest thing ever. Great brainwashing technique but it usually doesn't lead to profits.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Some Halo games people already own won't do what Titanfall, a $100 reduction and bundles couldn't.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@hehe101 said:

@YD_11 said:

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

What games?

No.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Pretty sure that 3rd party will overshadow 1st party in this holiday season. So what if the xOne gets a Forza while there is The Crew, Sunset will be overshadowed by the yearly CoD and Halo is just a almost-HD rerelease of games we already know

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

What games? Halo ports? lmao

No. Sorry. Try getting some games worth upgrading for first.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#36 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I must admit that Microsoft has some decent exclusives lined up for the future.

Quantum Break

Sunset Overdrive

Rise of The Tomb Raider - Timed Exclusive

Fable Legends

Halo MCC

Halo 5

It's a good time to be a Xbox One gamer.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44032 Posts

Sunset Overdrive soon & especially MCC will spike X1 sales big time... Bank. :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

After MS abortion of a reveal and getting knocked the **** out at E3? I doubt it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

and what does the PS4 have?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

and what does the PS4 have?

Superior multiplats and indies!

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@MonsieurX: that's great if you don't own a pc. But to pc gamers that xbone is looking more and more like the first "next-gen" console to get. Right now only thing the ps4 has going for it is running multiplats and indy games worse than my desktop. Um yeah I'll pass for now.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

Well I'll be picking up that sweet white Xbone so that's at least one sold.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

@slaves said:

what's wrong with black one?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Every cow will say no, every lemming will say yes.

I think the MCC could close the gap, not sure it'll be enough to "win", though.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@slaves said:

what's wrong with black one?

Nothing my PS4 is black. LOL

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

It will help, but I don't think Forza or Sunset Overdrive really move many systems. Halo is the wildcard, but a remaster is only going to do so much.

My guess is that X1's lineup vs Sony's lack of lineup causes it to be close or even give X1 a slight win. That is a pretty major fail for Sony, because just 1 major game and they probably would have dominated the holidays. They are putting their early lead at risk by not supplying enough AAA exclusives.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Absolutely hilarious how salty some of the comments nearer the top are."Grr, stop liking what I don't like! Make my console of choice sell better!"

OT: I kinda hope Microsoft has at least one NPD win, a part of me can't think why they won't but it will be god damn awful for MS if they don't, not to mention hilarious. Talk about slamming down on that panic button come 2015. Also it's getting boring with PS4 stomping the competition time after time, month after month, although deserved. It's getting really easy to bash lems it takes the fun out of it on this board:(. We need a necessary NPD win for MS, then they can go back to losing mind share, sales and having an overall undesirable product.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@Couth_ said:

@hehe101 said:

@YD_11 said:

the best games are multiplat. ps4 will have the best games.. no one cares about exclusives in the real world... they do however care about halo. Halo will help the xbone sell a ton. Not more than the ps4 though

This.

inklineface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 inklineface
Member since 2014 • 134 Posts

Perhaps, but it's got very few exclusives compared to the ps4. In fact, the ps4 library is roughly three times as large as xbone. Xbone needs games.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

Better multiplats better policies better prices better controller better gaming features(after 2.0)better eventual exclusives ks was rushed knack was made by somone who isnt a game maker and driveclub was just scared to delay itself again. Yall keep pretending xbox has any advantage besides multi screen tv watching etc. Stop being hype off of one racing franchise and old halo games. Even if sunset does well it doesnt give xbox any avantage. Ppl still rather play fifa 2k15 even cod all other games out this winter on a ps4 more than a xbox. Its over... for now atleast.