Will X1 ever have a AAAE on metacritic this gen?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

It's the only console that doesn't have a mega hit with the critics. It's come close with games like Halo 5 and Forza 6, both having high 80s in the MC. But will it ever have a Bloodborne? Or a Smash Bros? Let us know in the comments below.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It's not looking likely.

Maybe Scalebound will save the day for lems.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

who is us?

And probably eventually, but not anytime soon

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@quadknight said:

It's not looking likely.

Scalebound is most likely coming to the PC so it wouldnt be AAAE anyway.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NotAFanboy
Member since 2015 • 573 Posts

Nah. That's what happens when you invested nothing in first party last gen. Now it's biting them in the ass.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:
@quadknight said:

It's not looking likely.

Scalebound is most likely coming to the PC so it wouldnt be AAAE anyway.

Wow, I guess there's no hope for lems then.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

It's the only console that doesn't have a mega hit with the critics. It's come close with games like Halo 5 and Forza 6, both having high 80s in the MC. But will it ever have a Bloodborne? Or a Smash Bros? Let us know in the comments below.

pretending to be part of a successful youtube channel are we?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

He seems to feel the need to end all his OPs with some snarky comment

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@lostrib said:
@lawlessx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

He seems to feel the need to end all his OPs with some snarky comment

well him pretending to be a youtuber might be the reason he's been posting some ridiculous clickbait threads these past few months.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostrib

Has it really mattered that much this gen?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Yes. Most likely in the next year or two.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Who gives a ****.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Meta-game is dead, so who cares anymore.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@super600:

@super600 said:

What game Bugs?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:

@super600:

@super600 said:

What game Bugs?

Not sure yet. Probably some unannounced exclusive and maybe Scalebound if it stays exclusive to the xbox one.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NotAFanboy

@lostrib said:

Yes. Lemmings are getting their asses kicked in system wars. They're almost extinct here.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Will TC (or NotaFanboy) ever not embarrass themselves?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lostrib

@notafanboy said:
@lostrib said:

Yes. Lemmings are getting their asses kicked in system wars. They're almost extinct here.

that has more to do with SW dying

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Bias for the X1 this gen is very real.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Halo 5 isn't "high 80's", it's 84/100 which is between low to mid 80s, not high 80s. That's incorrect regarding Halo 5. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/halo-5-guardians

That said, Xbone Forza 5 is a 79/100, but Xbone Forza 6 is high 80's with an 87/100. You were right about Forza 6, but incorrect about Halo 5.

The Halo series is on the metacritic downswing under 343.

1. 360's Halo 4 87/100
  2. Xbone MCC 85/100
  3. Xbone Halo 5 84/100

It might be interesting to note that while the 343 metascores keep dropping, the metascore for the Halo series is actually a huge, huge priority for 343 and 343 head Bonnie Ross as noted by multiple interviews with Ross and here 343 developers. 343 has gone on record saying they expect and want a 90+/100 metascore, but haven't hit it with any of their games yet.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NotAFanboy

@lostrib said:
@notafanboy said:
@lostrib said:

Can't have a "war" if there is only 1 faction.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@sholoza said:

Will PS4 ever beat PC in high scoring games at mc or gs?

Shhh, that kind of talk isn't allowed around these parts.

Also: PC games don't count.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

When will TC stop making shitty, redundant threads?

That's the bigger question.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@lostrib said:
@notafanboy said:
@lostrib said:

One could argue its how new members are overlooked or the fact A LOT of people jumped ship due to MS's shitty launch.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib

@notafanboy said:
@lostrib said:
@notafanboy said:
@lostrib said:

Can't have a "war" if there is only 1 faction.

There isn't, but there's a lot less active posters on SW (and the GS forums in general)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

@sholoza said:

Will PS4 ever beat PC in high scoring games at mc or gs?

I mean if you're going to harp on Xbone for this, I surely have every right to bring that up.

oh, it's jankar

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ConanTheStoner
@intotheminx said:
@lostrib said:

One could argue its how new members are overlooked or the fact A LOT of people jumped ship due to MS's shitty launch.

Lots of different reasons for SW going down the shitter, but the site change was the biggest blow by far.

The Xbones E3 unveil did decimate those fans, but it was only a drop in the ocean by comparison and most of those dudes came back a few weeks later anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

If Coalition can pull it off then I'm betting Gears 4 along with Recore and Scalebound.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Xbox one might be the worse system I've ever owned for exclusives.

Original xbox I had my had Halo 1-2 Fable I had Star Wars Obi-Wan

Xbox 360 I had buckets full of AAAE's.

Compared to my PC and PS4 and this system is horrible. Even my original xbox brought more to the table. Im very angry with the current xbox one lineup right now and frustrated with phil spencer on xbox one team on delivering quality games that I want to purchase.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company so why can't they hire developers to make exclusive blockbusters. Where are they this generation on the xbox one. Every other generation xbox had them so I bought this system I expected the games to come and there just not coming like previous xbox's so I feel scammed because I expected the same dedication from the same company.

Phil needs to lineup some good exclusives that get high ratings and can only be played on the xbox one.

It's not hard Sega did it, Neo Geo did it, Turbo Graphics 16 did it, so why isn't the xbox one doing it? Even Turbo graphics 16 can put out multiple high rated exclusives im pretty sure microsoft can with the xbox one. It's not hard it's been done countless times by poorer companies in previous generations this is the first time i've seen a company like microsoft screw over so many people.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@intotheminx said:
@lostrib said:

Lots of different reasons for SW going down the shitter, but the site change was the biggest blow by far.

The Xbones E3 unveil did decimate those fans, but it was only a drop in the ocean by comparison and most of those dudes came back a few weeks later anyways.

People still sign up and post, but I noticed they'll stop posting pretty quick due to no one giving a damn. SW's is a tight knit community.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@ConanTheStoner said:
@intotheminx said:
@lostrib said:

Some people do forget this one

and the rest of them

Fifa legends on the xbox are the one and only reason for most fifa ultimate team players to buy an xboxone, since the players that strife for these legends pretty much grind months to get their first one, (or pay hundreds of dollars) we don't need any masterpieces like bloodborne.

Don't get me wrong I do think bloodborne is a masterpiece and one of the best games I played lately, but even if it would rain AAAE exclusives on the ps4, I would still spend more time with fifa, I'm even looking forward to the next one.

Review scores do carry a lot of weight of course, but if you want pele in your team, and if you're not willing to grind like crazy and be a master trader. You will need to drop well over a thousands dollars. That is if you buy it on the black market, going through the legal route, you might even have to spend more, It all depends how much luck you have.

If you're an ultimate team player, a 60$ game pales in comparison to fifa legends in terms of value, no matter how high the review scores are.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lostrib
@commander said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@ConanTheStoner said:
@intotheminx said:
@lostrib said:

and the rest of them

Fifa legends on the xbox are the one and only reason for most fifa ultimate team players to buy an xboxone, since the players that strife for these legends pretty much grind months to get their first one, (or pay hundreds of dollars) we don't need any masterpieces like bloodborne.

Don't get me wrong I do think bloodborne is a masterpiece and one of the best games I played lately, but even if it would rain AAAE exclusives on the ps4, I would still spend more time with fifa, I'm even looking forward to the next one.

Review scores do carry a lot of weight of course, but if you want pele in your team, and if you're not willing to grind like crazy and be a master trader. You will need to drop well over a thousands dollars. That is if you buy it on the black market, going through the legal route, you might even have to spend more, It all depends how much luck you have.

If you're an ultimate team player, a 60$ game pales in comparison to fifa legends in terms of value, no matter how high the review scores are.

...wtf are you talking about

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 commander

@lostrib said:
@commander said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

and the rest of them

What part didn't you understand?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

@commander said:
@lostrib said:
@commander said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

and the rest of them

What part didn't you understand?

the part where you're rambling about soccer for some reason

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 commander

@lostrib: It think it's obvious enough, fifa legends are worth more than any high scoring exclusive.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostrib

@commander said:

@lostrib: It think it's obvious enough, fifa legends are worth more than any high scoring exclusive.

I don't see how that answers the question

But regardless, soccer DLC is obviously not leading the X1 to victory

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

I hadn't looked at Metacritic in a while, but I just took a gander at the scores on the consoles.

This is the saddest generation so far.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ConanTheStoner
@commander said:

Soccer Stuff.

Loading Video...

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Fifa Legends. Even calling it AAAAE wouldn't suffice.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#41 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

Is there are AAAE on the other systems?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ConanTheStoner
@beardmad said:

I hadn't looked at Metacritic in a while, but I just took a gander at the scores on the consoles.

Doesn't take a list of metascores to tell you that this gen feels like the end of an era. Wtf happened to console gaming?

If it weren't for PC gaming + the rise of indies, I'd have probably quit gaming by now.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By commander

@kratosyoloswag said:

Fifa Legends. Even calling it AAAAE wouldn't suffice.

had weah and couple of other legends last year. This year I've been waisting all my money, had deco and shevchenko when I was at my richest, now I'm down to neymar and suarez (and suarez i can't sell...) so i'm getting poor...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 commander

@lostrib said:
@commander said:

I don't see how that answers the question

But regardless, soccer DLC is obviously not leading the X1 to victory

Maybe not , but I you're a fut player the X1 is the obvious choice

and there are a lot of fut players...

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@beardmad said:

Doesn't take a list of metascores to tell you that this gen feels like the end of an era. Wtf happened to console gaming?

If it weren't for PC gaming + the rise of indies, I'd have probably quit gaming by now.

Yeah. I've been talking bad about these consoles for a while now, scores or not.

I don't even get how people can fight over them now. People are holding onto an good/worthwhile exclusive every 6 months it seems, as if it's something worth fighting for. You just gotta hope the exclusive on your console of choice doesn't turn out to be shit, because then you have to wait another 6 months to try again.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

AAA is quality. BB is AAA quality. Xbone has no games with BB's quality. Nor do they have any talented first party to produce anything on a level of BB. You want to play quality? You play on pc/ps4.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@lostrib said:
@notafanboy said:
@lostrib said:

Which has more to do with this website dying, as it has been slowly ever since they sold out and stripped all the features..

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Gears 4 might have a chance assuming it doesn't come to PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Its going to be hard since MS is giving away X1 exclusives to PC at an alarming rate.