Will X1 disappoint, excite, or be meh at e3?

Posted by SolidGame_basic (17696 posts) 5 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Will X1 disappoint, excite, or be meh at e3? (14 votes)

Disappoint 79%
Excite 50%
Meh 79%
Don't know 50%

I'm going with meh. I think MS will try to come out on top, but it won't be as impressive as they think it will be. I think MS is still reeling from last year's debacle considering they were trying to make a totally different machine. What we have left of X1 is up in the air. And that's why I think it will be meh. MS doesn't really know what to do next except trying to compete for games and maybe do that Halo TV series.

#1 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

We wont know until they do their presentation. They sound like they have some good surprises planned. Wish them the best.

#2 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17696 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

We wont know until they do their presentation. They sound like they have some good surprises planned. Wish them the best.

You're no fun!

#3 Posted by Couth_ (10125 posts) -

I feel like they will drop a couple megatonnes.. They said they were going to release a constant stream of info pre-e3, and drop some tonnes at e3.. So far they have made good on the stream so it's time for some tonnes.. Granted they will probably be <1080p <60faps tonnes

#4 Posted by Bruin1986 (1287 posts) -

"MS will try to come out on top"...

As opposed to the companies trying to lose?

"trying to compete for games"

Isn't that what every company is doing? It's one of the pillars of E3, is it not?

Maybe I misunderstood you, lol.

#5 Posted by _SWAG_ (2595 posts) -

I voted excite becoz it's exciting seeing lems hype m$ e3 and they flop lulz m$ e3 will be all about tv. watch

#6 Posted by lostrib (36965 posts) -

@_SWAG_ said:

I voted excite becoz it's exciting seeing lems hype m$ e3 and they flop lulz m$ e3 will be all about tv. watch

but if you, and others like you, vote excite then it's not really lems hyping MS e3...

#7 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17696 posts) -

@Bruin1986 said:

Isn't that what every company is doing? It's one of the pillars of E3, is it not?

lol you really didn't spend much time reading the whole thing did you? my biggest point is that X1 was initially marketed as an all around entertainment box, but it seems we'll see less of that.

#8 Posted by Bruin1986 (1287 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Bruin1986 said:

lol you really didn't spend much time reading the whole thing did you? my biggest point is that X1 was initially marketed as an all around entertainment box, but it seems we'll see less of that.

I disagree. I believe MS is still fully behind the all-in-one entertainment box idea, they just need to pick their venue more carefully.

At E3, people are there specifically to see games. MS has a ton of exclusive entertainment experiences slated for the XBone other than videogames, and many people are indeed interested in them, but E3 (and a console reveal) are not the right venues to discuss them.

#9 Edited by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@ladyblue said:

You're no fun!

How dare you! I'm the funnest.

#10 Posted by joel_c17 (2851 posts) -

All i know is that if MS/Nintendo/Sony dont announce a ton of games i wont be a happy chappy. This gen needs GAMES!

#11 Posted by silversix_ (14597 posts) -

well i enjoyed their last e3 (that's like the first time since 08 or 09) so im guessing its time for a messy laughable e3 many years in a row? whatever happens im excited to see sup

#12 Posted by inb4uall (5718 posts) -

If M$ doesn't show some new Ip's it's a flop in my book. The franchise fatigue of halo coupled with the fact that 343 isn't half the studio means halo is underwhelming as fuck. Gears should have ended and I don't care about it. There is already Forza on the Xbone and I don't like sim racers. Fable could be cool but peter is gone. We've already seen sunset overdrive and quantum break so I don't really care to see them again. If M$ can some me lots of things that I didn't just list I will give them props where due. Also no TV or kinect talk because I don't give a shit about that either. Regardless I still won't touch an Xbone with a 20 foot pole let alone buy one.

#13 Posted by getyeryayasout (7497 posts) -

I think all three will excite. Afterwards I'll likely be somewhere between disappointed and meh. It's not their fault, it's mine.

#14 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1768 posts) -

I have a strong feeling that X1 will win E3.

#15 Posted by FastRobby (1788 posts) -

All the news we already had prior to E3, Microsoft is going to win this, hands down. As if it will be hard winning from Uncharted 4, just another one in the series.

#16 Posted by blamix99 (1956 posts) -

they'll probably announce Xbox Two since the Xbox One sucks..

#17 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4424 posts) -

Sony and MS had better make these consoles look bloody good this e3, I don't care if they're saying 'this is how they'll be in a year'. I think this is the most important e3 of the gen maybe. So far the current gen is a load of crap in hardware performance and games.

But I'm not holding my breath though, I'm used to disappointments with current gen consoles, I mean they'd have to work to make them worse than they already are. Which is why I moved on to the PC.

#18 Posted by RossRichard (2383 posts) -

I will bet this years MS e3 conference will be better than last years.

#19 Posted by sukraj (22775 posts) -

Microsoft will be just fine at E3.

#20 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7128 posts) -

Great topic Solid. Microsoft will bring the bombs. Spencer has already confirmed new IPs on Twitter.

If they bring the new IP's , announce the master chief collection, backwards compatibility and secure a huge 3rd party exclusive, they have the foundation for the greatest E3 ever.

#21 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2088 posts) -

MS is going to crush Sony at E3. Gears, Halo, Fable, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizons 2, Quantum Break and more! I expect some massive bombs as well like....New Perfect Dark, RE7 and L4D3 Xbox One exclusive, Crackdown 3 footage and much more!! Heck, I'll go so far as to say that Nintendo beats Sony as well! Everyone knows how Sony's conference is going to go.........

* PS Vita Slim.....

* Playroom

* PS4 apps

* Massive amounts of CGI

* Bullshot after bullshot

* Indie, Indie, Indie, Indie, Indie, Indie, Indie............

* aaaaand Greatness is still being waited on!!!!

#22 Posted by SecretPolice (22054 posts) -

Let's just say.. It's gonna be a watershed moment like never before seen at an E3... That's all I'm permitted to say. :D

#23 Posted by StormyJoe (5378 posts) -

Threads like this are worthless. 99% of cows are not going to vote any way other than "dissappoint".

#24 Posted by Netret0120 (2151 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

#25 Edited by donalbane (16342 posts) -

If Microsoft has shown they can do one thing well, it's respond to the consensus of the community. I think because they botched last years console reveal so hard, they are going to take every opportunity they can to bang the drum of gaming, which is going to be great. Sony is going to try to outdo them on this front, which will similarly be great.

#26 Posted by Shewgenja (9267 posts) -

I'll go out on a limb and say excite. They know this year's E3 is make or break for them. If they want to keep the XBox business alive and well, they are ponying cash to do it.

Now is that time for the Lems prophecy of Microsofts endless moneybags being good for gaming to come to fruition. If they fall short at E3, it is over. Over over. Like, Lyndsey Lohan's acting career over.

#27 Edited by jake44 (2020 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Threads like this are worthless. 99% of cows are not going to vote any way other than "dissappoint".

I guess that's why we call them cows.

#28 Edited by vashkey (33727 posts) -

I don't see how they could disappoint most of this board when cows expect anything Microsoft to do to be wrong regardless of what it is.

I don't really have any expectations for anyone going in. All parties have had their share of good and bad E3s.

Microsoft seems to have learned a bit so I'm hopinh more time is spent showing off games than talking about apps, movies and unrelated shit and hopefully some new announcments and ips but I don't have high expectations on the latter. If anything, just make it watch, I don't want the non game stuff and that goes to anyone

#29 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Sunset Overdrive has previewed very well, and they will debut new gameplay and the multiplayer side.

Forza Horizon 2 has all kinds of hype now and will debut gameplay as well.

Either Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo collection will debut with gameplay.

We will see Halo 5 for the very first time.

Fable Legends 2 gameplay shown for the first time.

Likely a Gears of War 4 teaser.

Phil Spencer noted their will be a couple of unannounced new titles shown that are exclusive. We know one of them is 3rd party. These have the potential to be huge.

We will likely see something from Killer Instinct season 2.

We will see first trailers of a few 3rd party multiplats as well. Likely GTA 5 next gen.

Likely info for new Xbox One features.

So thatch a open world racer, open world 3rd person single multiplayer new IP, 4 player co-op RPG, Halo, Gears, Killer Instinct, new IP and unannounced exclusives. That's enough for me to expect them to have a very exciting E3. If they deliver backwards compatibility somehow, or get a megaton timed exclusive then it'll be spectacular.

For the record, I think Sony will have a spectacular show too.

#30 Edited by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

It sounds as if MS has bought their hype this time for E3. Moneybagsing around and snapping up timed exclusives out of desperation(although a good business move no doubt). But it then relies on if said game is even worth it it in the end or appeal to me so I'll vote 'meh'. Maybe next year they'll get their E3 hype naturally.

#31 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

Let's just say.. It's gonna be a watershed moment like never before seen at an E3... That's all I'm permitted to say. :D

As long as it's not a water cooler, I think they will be fine. Can't wait.

#32 Edited by blackace (20743 posts) -

Greatness is coming.....

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

#33 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17696 posts) -

looks like someone hacked the poll lol