Will TitanFall help Xbox One?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: Will TitanFall help Xbox One? (63 votes)

Yes 54%
No 46%

It seems like everyone is giving TitanFall so much credit. What's failed to be realized is that it's an unproven franchise. E3 awards doesn't equate to high industry scores. You'd think this game is GTA6 with all the faith in the game. Do you think it'll be as big as everyone is making it out to be?

#1 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10845 posts) -

How do you mean "will it help"? Help in regards to what?

#2 Posted by Sagemode87 (1203 posts) -

Also guys, how badly will the 360 version hurt the X1 version? With 80 million consoles sold, I'd say the 360 version will sell most copies of the game.

#3 Edited by SuperCowElitist (732 posts) -

No it won't. It's from the creators of COD, lemmings hate COD now.

#4 Edited by SolidTy (45939 posts) -

Titan Fall will be a fun 360 game. That is the version my XBL friends are buying, no need to upgrade until TitanFall 2, assuming that doesn't release for 360.

Keep in mind, Titan Fall is MP only, so get those Xbox Live Gold accounts at the ready!

Have you seen 2014's Titan Fall?!

#5 Posted by KarateeeChop (4666 posts) -

kinda hard to score lower than kzsf 7.0 and knack 4.0

#6 Posted by Sagemode87 (1203 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED: Xbox One is being shunned when against PS4. Most people are flocking to PS4 based on data. Was asking if this game will overcome the extra 100 bucks in consumers minds.

#7 Edited by SuperCowElitist (732 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Titan Fall will be a fun 360 game. That is the version my XBL friends are buying, no need to upgrade until TitanFall 2, assuming that doesn't release for 360.

Keep in mind, Titan Fall is MP only, so get those Xbox Live Gold accounts at the ready!

Same here. My friends are getting the 360 version, I was thinking of getting 360 version to play with them. 360 is the way to go, bigger community.

#8 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -

I'm really interested in TitanFall, but not 610 dollars interested.

#9 Posted by Sagemode87 (1203 posts) -

@KarateeeChop: Those are actually fun games. You shouldn't let scores affect your value in a game, you'd be missing out on a lot.

#10 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10845 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@R3FURBISHED: Xbox One is being shunned when against PS4. Most people are flocking to PS4 based on data. Was asking if this game will overcome the extra 100 bucks in consumers minds.

The Xbox One itself will "overcome" the extra money by being better than the Xbox 360.

Will Titanfall help sell Xbox One's? I think so, I also think Titanfall will be generation 8s Modern Warfare.

#11 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5436 posts) -

I reckon Titanfall could potentially be the next big thing. It looks and feels familiar, but I think it changes things up enough to latch onto the CoD crowd, who I think are finally becoming disillusioned with the CoD franchise.

One thing's for sure - it's not really going up against much. KZ:SF sounds like a decent multiplayer FPS with a forgettable SP, nothing more, nothing less.

#12 Posted by kingtito (5284 posts) -

@

@Sagemode87 said:

The XOne hasn't even launched yet you dolt. Wait till Friday's launch before making such asinine statements.

Absolutely nothing was special about PS4s launch. Sony managed to manufacture 1 million units. If the PS2,PS3 or 360 managed to manufacture that many units they would have sold out on launch day as well. It's been 8 years since last gen started so this is no surprise.
I don't understand why cows are acting like something pulled some miracle out of their @!ss or something.

#14 Posted by SolidTy (45939 posts) -

@supercowelitist said:

@SolidTy said:

Same here. My friends are getting the 360 version, I was thinking of getting 360 version to play with them. 360 is the way to go, bigger community.

The community support will Definitely be there.

There is always the PC version if one doesn't want to drop $500 bones on 1 Xbone...or if gamers are lucky, by the time Titan Fall releases the Xbone will be $400 and Kinectless.

I think Titan Fall would have been bigger had it been more fleshed out and not MP-only. One thing is for sure, other than the PC version, the Xbone and Xbox 360 are going to see Xbox Live Gold Subscriptions increase when this game releases so gamers can play it.

#15 Posted by PSdual_wielder (10646 posts) -

if the game was a true exclusive, meaning it's on xbox one and nowhere else, then yes it would

everyone will be getting this on 360, those of us who are intelligent or have the money will get it on pc.

#16 Edited by sailor232 (5104 posts) -

I think the xbox one will be fine without it, but yes, I see the game selling very well on the one.

I'll get it on pc though, much cheaper.

#17 Edited by CloudStrife213 (430 posts) -

Every professional gaming critic who has played it has nothing but praise for Titanfall.

Best Action Game

Titanfall

(Respawn/EA for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Best of Show

Titanfall

Best Original Game

Titanfall

(Respawn/EA for PC, XBox 360, Xbox One)

Best Console Game

Titanfall

Best Online Multiplayer

Titanfall

(Respawn/EA for PC, Xbox 360,Xbox One)

Source: http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

So yeah, it will greatly help the Xbox One.

Also, I laugh at the desperate Sony fanboys who think this game will fail. If this was coming to the PS4, Sony fanboys would be all over it. Quit lying to yourselves fanboys, Titanfall looks and plays really really good. The creators of this game is the original Infinity Ward, the developers of the universally acclaimed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Most console owners can't afford a decent gaming PC rig or don't want to bother with PC gaming, hence they buy a console. So unfortunately, lots of diehard Sony fanboys will be missing out, unless they buy it on the Xbox 360.

#18 Edited by SuperCowElitist (732 posts) -

@CloudStrife213 said:

Every professional gaming critic who has played it has nothing but praise for Titanfall. E3 awards means that the game has made a great first impression on the critics.

Also, I laugh at the desperate Sony fanboys who think this game will fail. If this was coming to the PS4, Sony fanboys would be all over it.The creators of this game is the original Infinity Ward, the developers of the universally acclaimed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Most console owners can't afford a decent gaming PC rig or don't want to bother with PC gaming, hence they buy a console.

Yeah agree. Hermits are naive thinking that people have a 500$ PC rig to play titanfall. Many gamers who are looking forward to titanfall will just get it on 360.

#19 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (10067 posts) -

I don't think Source-engine powered game would require $500 PC rig to play comfortably (not that $500 PC is expensive by the way).

#20 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

why would it?

It's also on xbox 360 and pc.

#21 Edited by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

Shenmue is an amazing game, an experience like no other, a game with such a lead on graphics and gameplay, that every game after it copies elements from it.

It helped towards the downfall of the Dreamcast due to it's large budget, but it was worth it, you will never play a game like Shenmue, even games that people say are close to it, really are not.

What i am saying is, stop making threads, and wait for the game, you do not own MS so why give a fuck?

#22 Edited by iwasgood2u (828 posts) -

NO it won't help the xboner because the game won't be released until next year March 11, 2014 lol. For now you will have to wait and play other crappy kiddish games in the meantime. You see fanboys or lemmings or whatever you call those die hard xbox lovers.... they are forgetting that Titanfall is not exclusive because if you're smarter than a dog, you would get the PS4 then titanfall later on on the pc. The PS4 is a beast why go for the other inferior low end expensive ugly CompaQ looking computer box that they call the Xboner? I would be embarassed to sit it next to my TV. It looks like one of those old computers that used to sit under a big rock (CRT monitor).

#23 Posted by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

Yes

Next question

#24 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (10067 posts) -

@iwasgood2u said:

NO it won't help the xboner because the game won't be released until next year March 11, 2014 lol. For now you will have to wait and play other crappy kiddish games in the meantime. You see fanboys or lemmings or whatever you call those die hard xbox lovers.... they are forgetting that Titanfall is not exclusive because if you're smarter than a dog, you would get the PS4 then titanfall later on on the pc. The PS4 is a beast why go for the other inferior low end expensive ugly CompaQ looking computer box that they call the Xboner? I would be embarassed to sit it next to my TV. It looks like one of those old computers that used to sit under a big rock (CRT monitor).

I got to admit, that was pretty amusing if otherwise pathetic.

#25 Posted by _Matt_ (9436 posts) -

Will get it for pc (if at all), so no incentive for me for me to get an X1 for it.

#26 Posted by xsrr11 (32 posts) -

nographics,story,gameplay,soul. Counter Strike with currentgen graphics and jetpacks

#27 Posted by Spartan070 (16380 posts) -

It will have a very high attach-rate among X1 customers, also a Titanfall bundle would help late adopters big time.

This thread = hyper-early damage control....

#28 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (655 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@iwasgood2u said:

I got to admit, that was pretty amusing if otherwise pathetic.

Exactly especially when one of the games that Sony was pushing is Knack and that's actually a, "kiddish game" as he put it. But, as for the question, I don't know what exactly you mean by help the xbox? The Xbox One well sell out at launch and do great so I don't think it needs any help, when most people would say as far as launch, the XBO has a better launch lineup to begin with.

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (43545 posts) -

Probably picking this up on 360. It's the only upcoming competitive shooter that looks fun to play.

#30 Posted by DefconRave (806 posts) -

If the casuals love it, it will drive xbone sales for sure. Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool.

#31 Edited by edidili (3449 posts) -

Games help with console sales, yeah.

Although PS4 proves me wrong but hey, watcha gonna do.

#32 Edited by groowagon (3029 posts) -

seeing how much it's being hyped. yes, it will definetly help.

would i buy it for X1? no.

#33 Posted by Muffin2020 (534 posts) -

I looks good but not £500+ odd good.

#34 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

Titanfall is gonna be the first universally praised next-gen game and is probably gonna win some GOTY awards. So I am gonna say yes, the XBONE is gonna get a nice sales boost when people see Titanfall in March. Microsoft will probably drop to $399 as well if it is more than a million behind the PS4 by them (Likely to be......)

#35 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@timbers_WSU: lol m$ will wait around 12 months before considering a price drop, they will want to milk all the money they can from titanfall bundle before dropping price.

#36 Edited by tormentos (20222 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@

@Sagemode87 said:

The XOne hasn't even launched yet you dolt. Wait till Friday's launch before making such asinine statements.

Absolutely nothing was special about PS4s launch. Sony managed to manufacture 1 million units. If the PS2,PS3 or 360 managed to manufacture that many units they would have sold out on launch day as well. It's been 8 years since last gen started so this is no surprise.

I don't understand why cows are acting like something pulled some miracle out of their @!ss or something.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bs_videogames_pg_1?_encoding=UTF8&pg=1

Is been outsell badly on the countries it once held.

Is not looking pretty for the xbox one,it is actually more expensive on UK than the PS3 was on 2006.

Only you think that,the closes thing to the PS4 sales in numbers was the PS2 Japanese launch sony had 980,000 units and it took them 3 days to sell them,still the fastest launch for a console behind the PS4 now.

1 million in 24 hours is insane,the xbox 360 took 2 weeks to sell some 400,000 or some sh** like that.

I don't know why lemming keep trying to downplay this..

@CloudStrife213 said:

Every professional gaming critic who has played it has nothing but praise for Titanfall.

Best Action Game

Titanfall

Best of Show

Titanfall

Best Original Game

Titanfall

(Respawn/EA for PC, XBox 360, Xbox One)

Best Console Game

Titanfall

Best Online Multiplayer

Titanfall

(Respawn/EA for PC, Xbox 360,Xbox One)

Source: http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

Also, I laugh at the desperate Sony fanboys who think this game will fail. If this was coming to the PS4, Sony fanboys would be all over it. Quit lying to yourselves fanboys, Titanfall looks and plays really really good. The creators of this game is the original Infinity Ward, the developers of the universally acclaimed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Most console owners can't afford a decent gaming PC rig or don't want to bother with PC gaming, hence they buy a console. So unfortunately, lots of diehard Sony fanboys will be missing out, unless they buy it on the Xbox 360.

Yeah i remember when many say the same thing about Halo CE on 2001,and that one was actually true exclusive,1 game means nothing it could be exclusive all its life and people will still buy the PS4.

Not only that most COD gamers are not after syfy games,they like COD real guns and customization,i don't think Titanfall will take COD place any time soon,it will sell on the xbox like any other exclusive did like Gears did,but hardly will change anything.

Oh and a $500 PC will beat the xbox one graphically quite easy,you talk as if the xbox one was $200..

@Spartan070 said:

It will have a very high attach-rate among X1 customers, also a Titanfall bundle would help late adopters big time.

This thread = hyper-early damage control....

Titanfall is a live only game,if you want to play it you need xbox live obligatory,so yeah..

$60 + $60 + $500....

#37 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

a online only game that also releases on x360 and pc day 1 will be x1 saviour? no way. it may give a boost but it wont come close to saving it

#38 Posted by StormyJoe (6556 posts) -

Anyone who says "no" is in denial.

#39 Edited by b4il (115 posts) -

xbox is THE console for first person shooters, and this game seems to deliver. so yes, i guess it will help. it helped my decision as well. halo, titanfall, the controller and xbl convinced me (again) not to buy the sony console.

and it seems like it will come out a good time before the new halo and destiny, so i think it will do just fine and people will get excited for it. i just hope halo 5 won't be released too close to destiny, that could hurt sales pretty bad...

#40 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

Only a fool would say no. TF is going to help it immensely. You can quote me on that.

#41 Posted by Heil68 (47214 posts) -

Of course it will. How much is to be determined. It wouldn't make me buy an Xbone any sooner, but I dont like competitive FPS and the game doesnt have any SP.

#42 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

It will sell systems. It has been played and won 75 awards and game of show at every venue it debuted at. MS will put the weight of its marketing power behind it ala Gears of War and Halo. The makers of the Modern Warfare series Respawn are focusing solely on story-driven multiplayer, playing to their strengths. It will absolutely help the Xbox One. It is a killer app.

#43 Posted by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

It's going to sell pretty good and will be a fun title for a few weeks, but it looks like the sort of game to get boring pretty quick.

#44 Posted by finalstar2007 (25994 posts) -

A multiplat game helping a $500 console? lol

not even close the game will do best on 360 ( where i shall be buying the game at ) and PC

#45 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

Help? Sure, every game helps in their own way. Will it push the console past its competitor, or move so many consoles that makes any significant change on the outcome of this generation? Probably not.

#46 Posted by RossRichard (2505 posts) -

Sure. At least until they realize they can also get it on 360 or PC.

#47 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

Do people not realize this is on PC too? Also, looks like CoD MW3 with mechs.

#48 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

It it help Xflop avoid last place. Help as far as beating the PS4...Hell no.

#49 Edited by CloudStrife213 (430 posts) -

@tormentos:

Another idiotic statement again from Tormentos.

These shooters are known for their multiplayer not single-player. Why the hell would you buy Call of Duty/Battlefield just to play single-player?

You talk as if Halo hasn't helped the Xbox at all. Halo was a system seller and you can't deny that.

Can a $500 PC run Titanfall at ultra settings smoothly? I doubt it.

COD gamers aren't into sci-fi games? Are you kidding me? Where the hell did you get that statistic? Titanfall looks like a futuristic COD with many more features. Every COD player I know wants to get Titanfall, same for non COD players.

PS4 players are literally craving for Titanfall, why else would they say that they would play it on PC?

But keep on denying the greatness of Titanfall because it won't be on the PS4. It really feels good that you feel that way. LOL

No good FPS exclusive games for PS4, since Killzone flopped. At least Xbox One has Titanfall and PS4 doesn't.

Conclusion? Xbox One = Console for First-Person shooters/Multiplayer

PS4 = Console for single-player

#50 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Nope. I don't picture people picking up a $500 console to play a game that they can already play on PC and 360.