Will this be the first time for Nintendo?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll Will this be the first time for Nintendo? (45 votes)

Yes 62%
No 38%

To date, no single Nintendo system has been last place in terms of sales.Their handhelds were all first place, three of their consoles were first place, one was second place, and one was third place. But none was ever last place.

Will Wii U be the first Nintendo system/console to finish in last?

• 
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#51 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

THE DREAMCAST WAS TO PART OF THE 6TH GEN , AS IT WAS ALREADY COMPETING AGAINST PS2 DUH WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE AND NO WIIU WONT BE LAST AS OUYA AND OTHER CONSOLES WILL BE LOL AND DONT SAY THEY DONT COUNT A CONSOLE IS A CONSOLE AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY WILL BE COUNTED AND WHO SAID XONE WAS GONNA BE ONTOP OF THE WIIU ANY HOW , IT BARELY IS HANGING ON AT THIS VERY MOMENT , AND WHEN WIIU GETS MARIOKART ETC IM PRETTY SURE IT WILL SELL MORE THEN X1 COULD EVER

ratchet_usa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By ratchet_usa
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

@mariokart64fan said:

THE DREAMCAST WAS TO PART OF THE 6TH GEN , AS IT WAS ALREADY COMPETING AGAINST PS2 DUH WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE AND NO WIIU WONT BE LAST AS OUYA AND OTHER CONSOLES WILL BE LOL AND DONT SAY THEY DONT COUNT A CONSOLE IS A CONSOLE AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY WILL BE COUNTED AND WHO SAID XONE WAS GONNA BE ONTOP OF THE WIIU ANY HOW , IT BARELY IS HANGING ON AT THIS VERY MOMENT , AND WHEN WIIU GETS MARIOKART ETC IM PRETTY SURE IT WILL SELL MORE THEN X1 COULD EVER

Yeah because nintendo lacks the imagination to create new AAA IPS, so all they have is a rehash or yet another mario kart game? *YAWN*

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#53 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@Mario1331: I thought it was common knowledge about Nintendo's liquid assets.

http://n4g.com/news/960177/nintendo-reportedly-has-812-8-billion-yen-in-the-bank

Two years may be old, but unless Nintendo blew all of it, that's still enough to weather a storm and then some.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

@hiphops_savior: so two years ago hey had 812.8 billion yen. They can weather many storms with that kind of money. To me it just seems like this whole thread somehow knew how much money nintendo has but apparently it was just educated guesses. Besides the last two years nintendo has been the ony profitable game hardware company on the market. I just find it odd the other two company dont make half as much profit as nintendo but they seem to never get "insert company here" is dooned threads :\

nep321a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 nep321a
Member since 2013 • 75 Posts

Both the GameCube and the N64 were last. So this isn't anything new. Unless you count Saturn or whatever.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@nep321a said:

Both the GameCube and the N64 were last. So this isn't anything new. Unless you count Saturn or whatever.

Why would you not count the Saturn?

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

yes, the ps4 has already surpassed it if i'm not mistaken, and the xb1 will probably do so by the end of the year. the wiiu could end up doing better then n64 and gc but i seriously doubt it can outsell either of its competitors.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO  Online
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

I think they have a chance to sell more than the Gamecube if they finally admit some of their business practices are outdated and commit to evolving, but if they continue to be as stubborn as they have in the past, we're looking at a console that's going to be lucky to sell 30 million.

That said, I love my Wii U, but the days of eating up everything they put out just because they're Nintendo are unfortunately over.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

unless they manage to change a lot, then i don't see anything to change for them unfortunately

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

SteamMachine will be last

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

It's really a damn shame because I think the Wii U is a better system than the Xbox One. There's just no reason to own an Xbox One when the PC and PS4 exist. So far on Wii U, I own New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and a few multiplats like Tekken and Black Ops 2. That's a lot of quality exclusives that totally justify the system. That and the tablet is total awesome.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11272 Posts

The Gamecube was absolutely destroyed by the PS2 which outsold it 7:1, the most significant defeat in history of gaming, you can't compare that lead to any other generation since the beginning of gaming.

Then there's the N64.. The PS1 sold MORE than 3 times as much as the N64.

And Wii-U might just end up being dead last again.

the SNES barely beat out the Genesis.

Only large victories Nintendo has had in their 30 years + in the gaming industry is the NES and Wii.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#63 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

The Gamecube was absolutely destroyed by the PS2 which outsold it 7:1, the most significant defeat in history of gaming, you can't compare that lead to any other generation since the beginning of gaming.

Only large victories Nintendo has had in their 30 years + in the gaming industry is the NES and Wii.

Dreamcast and Saturn existed you know...

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#64 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Unequivocally yes.

I also still consider both the GC and Wii the worst consoles of their respective generations. Sales mean jacksh*t to me.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I don't even count the dream-cast, but I guess if you do, then yes.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11272 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

So because they existed Nintendo can't be looked upon as a failure? So if Coke outsells Pepsi by 400 million units this year, Pepsi has nothing to worry about, because there's a company called Fax-Kondi, and they only sold 200 million units less than Pepsi?

Same if Samsung sells 70 million Galaxy S5's and Apple only sells 10 million iPhone 6's. I don't think Apple are going to say "bu bu blackberry only sold 4 million so we're not last place!"

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#67 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@nep321a said:

Why would you not count the Saturn?

Yeah, that gets to me too. Unlike the Dreamcast, Saturn still fought in that gen. Namely in Japan (where N64 got slaughtered by that), but you know, still fought.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#69 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

So because they existed Nintendo can't be looked upon as a failure? So if Coke outsells Pepsi by 400 million units this year, Pepsi has nothing to worry about, because there's a company called Fax-Kondi, and they only sold 200 million units less than Pepsi?

Same if Samsung sells 70 million Galaxy S5's and Apple only sells 10 million iPhone 6's. I don't think Apple are going to say "bu bu blackberry only sold 4 million so we're not last place!"

The thread ask if this will be the 1st time Nintendo is in LAST PLACE in sales. They haven't yet.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Uh, they lot with the virtual boy. Which technically, was made to compete with the other recently released/soon to be released portables around the same time.

But if we are talking strictly consoles, yeah sure, they were never third place. But then again they usually where nver a close or modest second and usually for off.