Will there be System Shock 3?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

Hello System warriors,

Since we all know system shock is one of the GOAT. it was inspirational game in every shape and form. i was wondering that there are lot of franchises are coming back including Deus Ex. but what about System shock? why no one ever bring it back? why no one bother to make real sequel to System shock 2? it was one of the most important game ever. Im just wondering when we will see System shock 3. even we have seen Deus Ex in our generation. but not system shock.

Do you want to see system shock 3?

Regards

SYSTEM-REBOOT

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46270 Posts

I'd rather have another Bioshock

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@R4gn4r0k said:

Bioshock is mediocre console spin off.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

With all the issues regarding the copyright holders it´s gonna be really hard,Levine wanted to make it but couldn´t secure the rights so he ended up doing a spiritual sequel of sorts,Bioshock.
EA has part of the rights,a private patent company has part of them as well and there´s a third party that people have barely any information on,so yeah,those issues are the reason why SS3 hasn´t been made.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Not possible, but even if there is going to be one, people would whine that it did not live up to its predecessors.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@PsychoLemons said:

Not possible, but even if there is going to be one, people would whine that it did not live up to its predecessors.

only if they made with console and controller in mind. how about making a real sequel?

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PsychoLemons

@system-reboot said:

@PsychoLemons said:

only if they made with console and controller in mind. how about making a real sequel?

Not really. Standards have changed dramatically over the past decade or two. And so has the PC, to make something with the same atmosphere as the first two games is going to difficult. And besides, who has the guts to make the 3rd instalment?

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT

@PsychoLemons said:

@system-reboot said:

@PsychoLemons said:

Not really. Standards have changed dramatically over the past decade or two. And so has the PC, to make something with the same atmosphere as the first two games is going to difficult. And besides, who has the guts to make the 3rd instalment?

hmm no. if they can make for PC audience. it can be hardcore like original. console are to blame.

Deus Ex HR was amzing (albiet it has some console feature like cover system) but all good things came from original. same can be made for System shock 3.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Probably not.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PsychoLemons

@system-reboot said:

@PsychoLemons said:

@system-reboot said:

@PsychoLemons said:

hmm no. if they can make for PC audience. it can be hardcore like original. console are to blame.

Deus Ex HR was amzing (albiet it has some console feature like cover system) but all good things came from original. same can be made for System shock 3.

You must really loathe consoles oh so much, now I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make a difference, outside of limitations of the hardware and control scheme. You are aware that were are some copyright issues within the company, right?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

oh boy

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT
@PsychoLemons said:

You must really loathe consoles oh so much, now I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make a difference, outside of limitations of the hardware and control scheme. You are aware that were are some copyright issues within the company, right?

Look at the difference between system shock 2 and bioshock infinite and you will see. and its strange because both are made by same guy.

but critics praise bioshock infinite like "oh oh oweeee oweee Gameplayyyy Innooovatioooonz"

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@freedomfreak said:

oh boy

Did you played System shock 2?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

@system-reboot: "Bioshock is mediocre console spin off."

False - Bioshock has been a PC release since it's first installment and it was made by one of the lead contributors to System Shock 2 (Ken Levine) Bioshock is every bit a PC game as it is a console game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@TheEroica said:

False - Bioshock has been a PC release since it's first installment and it was made by one of the lead contributors to System Shock 2 (Ken Levine) Bioshock is every bit a PC game as it is a console game.

But don't you see? It was very obviously developed with consoles in mind!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@TheEroica said:

I mean let's not kid ourselves it is. In terms of build and combat direction it is absolutely is built in mind for a game pad, where as System Shock 2 is absolutely build in mind for a mouse and keyboard.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

@jg4xchamp: no doubt, but sniper... I mean must we continue to pretend?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Bioshock had a better story, but "rpg" and atmosphere wise, SS2 was miles ahead. Still, Bioshock 1, and even 2, where quite good imo. Infinite felt to me like it was trying to be more of an action game then even it's own prequels. Again, not a bad game, just meh.

Personally, i'd love a SS3, but sadly, the changes of it happening are very low. It's like wishing for Warcraft 4, or Homeworld 3.

Human Revolution was great. Obviously, it was more streamlined and simplified than the original, but, it still contains a greater level of depth than Bioshock. Perhaps another spirtual sucessor to System Shock is in order.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 freedomfreak
@system-reboot said:

No, sir, I didn't played System shock 2.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jg4xchamp

@TheEroica said:

@jg4xchamp: no doubt, but sniper... I mean must we continue to pretend?

Sniper is like the worst elitist PC gamer ever. Like when he's pimping Shadow of Chernobyl it's one thing, but this is the same guy who is behind Human Revolution, Mafia 2, and fucking Half Life. Glorious PC shooter gaming was about depth (Shadow of Chernobyl/System Shock) and fun (Unreal 2k4, No One Lives Forever). Not replacements for tylenol (Half Life).

@freedomfreak said:
@system-reboot said:

I started playing the reboot for your home girl lara craft. Decent game so far, a little indifferent to it, bitchin hair though.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@freedomfreak said:
@system-reboot said:

try it. its still amazing.

look i did not played it in 1999. i played it too late. and realise how this game is still amazing.

bioshock infinite on other hand..

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jg4xchamp

@deadline-zero0 said:

Bioshock had a better story,

No it did not. The plot falls apart after the would you kindly stuff, and the endings are atrocious. System Shock 2's ending on the flip side is pretty solid. Nothing spectacular, but I'd rather end on a solid finish, than shit mountain.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT

@jg4xchamp said: Human Revolution

An Amazing game. no doubt about that. it has problems like cover system and bit too linear compare to original, and weak story compare to original however it still worthy of deus ex name

@jg4xchamp said : Mafia 2,

Not the greatest thing in the world but its highly enjoyable game. not like worst game ever. lol

@jg4xchamp said: Half Life

The greatest invention of humanity. no doubt about that.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

SS2 was amazing game back when I played it like 15 years ago. I really enjoyed SS1 as well way back in my 486 PC. I'd love to see a new SS game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jg4xchamp

@system-reboot said:

@jg4xchamp said : Mafia 2,

not like worst game ever. lol

Yes it is.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By freedomfreak
@jg4xchamp said:

I started playing the reboot for your home girl lara craft. Decent game so far, a little indifferent to it, bitchin hair though.

Cool beans. Yeah, I was a fan of it. Being a fanboy helps. Developers seem to be taken some of the bad stuff into account for the sequel. Developer talk. The tombs are laughable. I feel like they shoehorned them in at the last second just so we wouldn't complain about the lack of tombs in Tomb Raider.

@system-reboot said:

try it. its still amazing.

look i did not played it in 1999. i played it too late. and realise how this game is still amazing.

bioshock infinite on other hand..

You're not a fan of Elizabeth?

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@freedomfreak said:

You're not a fan of Elizabeth?

LOL no

Shodan >>>> elizabeth

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 freedomfreak
@system-reboot said:

LOL no

Shodan >>>> elizabeth

Oh yeah, the creepy face lady. I know of her. It.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@freedomfreak said:
@system-reboot said:

LOL no

Shodan >>>> elizabeth

Oh yeah, the creepy face lady. I know of her. It.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otGTI2Mo-ns

Check out this video. lo wang make bioshock infinite much better game. especially dialouge between lo wang and elizabeth.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jg4xchamp

@freedomfreak said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Cool beans. Yeah, I was a fan of it. Being a fanboy helps. Developers seem to be taken some of the bad stuff into account for the sequel. Developer talk. The tombs are laughable. I feel like they shoehorned them in at the last second just so we wouldn't complain about the lack of tombs in Tomb Raider.

Lol yep. They are like a diversion more than a genuine part of the game. They work for the most part in that context if way too simple in puzzle design. Especially since it's like one quick puzzle and then bam stuff. It's the kind of things I'd like Zelda to flirt with in terms of having side dungeons, which Link Between Worlds actually did flirt with. So I get what they were going for. But the execution is like, I'm not dumb oblivious to other puzzle games enough for this to be satisfying.

There is a lot of mechanical things it does better than Duderaider (uncharted). The bow is bitchin, and I like the upgrade system. I enjoy the whole she starts as a wimp and now I'm turning her into a beast thing. It gives the game a sense of progression that Uncharted never really has, and The Last of Us for instance does. Plus no sticky cover, the platforming is made quicker because of the jump climbing axe shit, because Lara Croft can apparently be thin and fine as ****, but have the upper body strength of a football player. Moment to moment shooting is okay too. The only thing the game struggles with is honestly high points. Like the rudimentary shit is fine, but that's like all it has. If you're going to go the action game route, where are the interesting set pieces? where are the clever gameplay encounters? where are the raw intense gameplay segments? where is the part where you pull out all the stops?

The dialed back nature would make more sense if the game had a survival tone to its gameplay as well, but that shit is LARA hurt her arm-cutscene-SIKE, go shoot dudes in the face, because Lara's Herbal Essence for her hair also makes her Wolverine. That and I checked out on the plot. It's fucking stupid.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freedomfreak
@system-reboot said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otGTI2Mo-ns

Check out this video. lo wang make bioshock infinite much better game. especially dialouge between lo wang and elizabeth.

That was surprisingly well made. Also, Elizabeth's moaning is pretty out there. Never really noticed that.

@jg4xchamp said:

Lol yep. They are like a diversion more than a genuine part of the game. They work for the most part in that context if way too simple in puzzle design. Especially since it's like one quick puzzle and then bam stuff. It's the kind of things I'd like Zelda to flirt with in terms of having side dungeons, which Link Between Worlds actually did flirt with. So I get what they were going for. But the execution is like, I'm not dumb oblivious to other puzzle games enough for this to be satisfying.

There is a lot of mechanical things it does better than Duderaider (uncharted). The bow is bitchin, and I like the upgrade system. I enjoy the whole she starts as a wimp and now I'm turning her into a beast thing. It gives the game a sense of progression that Uncharted never really has, and The Last of Us for instance does. Plus no sticky cover, the platforming is made quicker because of the jump climbing axe shit, because Lara Croft can apparently be thin and fine as ****, but have the upper body strength of a football player. Moment to moment shooting is okay too. The only thing the game struggles with is honestly high points. Like the rudimentary shit is fine, but that's like all it has. If you're going to go the action game route, where are the interesting set pieces? where are the clever gameplay encounters? where are the raw intense gameplay segments? where is the part where you pull out all the stops?

The dialed back nature would make more sense if the game had a survival tone to its gameplay as well, but that shit is LARA hurt her arm-cutscene-SIKE, go shoot dudes in the face, because Lara's Herbal Essence for her hair also makes her Wolverine. That and I checked out on the plot. It's fucking stupid.

Yeah, exactly. That's the feeling I got with those tombs.

I love that auto-cover thing it has going for itself. Looks a lot more natural rather than this insta-snap-to animation like any other third person game. Also, yeah, the platforming. I kinda the miss the more precise stuff of previous TR games, but it's just how that game is. Fast paced, getting-around platforming, as opposed to the old TR games, where it was for solving puzzles, and simply getting through a level.

It's like people saying the parcour in AC is too easy and simple. It better be. I don't want that shit to be overly complicated. You do a lot of running in that game, and I want that to be as smooth and effortless as humanly possible. It's different for Mirrror's Edge, since that game's entire design is based on precision platforming. Of course, you're gonna wanna have more than just "hold right trigger to awesome".

Yup. Yup. It's up to CD to improve on that for the sequel. I hope they'll strike a sweet balance. I find TR a good start though, considering they've never really done anything like that. I'm also glad we're getting another Guardian of Light(Temple of Osiris). Shit's good.

Haha, Tomb Raider plots. Anybody still wanna argue that she isn't lesbian after doing the shit she does in the reboot for Sam. Fucking go for it. I'm not listening. It's how you know Nathan Drake is hot for Sully, because of the stuff he goes through. It goes beyond bro love.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@freedomfreak: I dislike uncharted but new tomb raider reboot was even worse.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
@system-reboot said:

I dislike uncharted but new tomb raider reboot was even worse.

Ah, that's a shame. Well, I don't expect everyone to like the same things I like.

What about The Last of Us?

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@freedomfreak said:

@system-reboot said:

I dislike uncharted but new tomb raider reboot was even worse.

Ah, that's a shame. Well, I don't expect everyone to like the same things I like.

What about The Last of Us?

well anything is better than lara croft tomb raider. just saying.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 freedomfreak
@system-reboot said:

But what about The Last of Us?

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@freedomfreak said:
@system-reboot said:

But what about The Last of Us?

it was also bad bad game.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@system-reboot: was Last of us bad? I haven't played it yet. I wanna try it on ps4. I heard nothing but good things about it. Why is it bad?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 freedomfreak
@system-reboot said:

it was also bad bad game.

Not just bad. But... bad bad. Now, to me, that sounds like a game you need to stay clear of.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@walloftruth said:

You better hope it will never happen. It would probably be a COD clone in space catered to consoles. Just like Thief.....ugh....such a godly game the original.....ugh...

TBH. not all of time. i seen if developer try to carter towards PC gamers it can be good.

remember deus ex HR? it success among PC fanbase. so i think system shock 3 can also.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

That Depends... Will there be Split Screen ?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Play the modded System Shock 2 and be happy about it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#44 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Bioshock is mediocre console spin off.

You are a mediocre Sniper spin off

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
  1. The System Shock IP has been owned by EA for almost a decade now, they haven't done anything with it yet (even released HD remakes).
  2. Ken Levine isn't even interested in making more BioShock, so much so, he moved onto indie development and threw his entire company to the wind.
  3. If you are going to see anything, it'll be a fan remake under a different guise to avoid copyright infringement.
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Dead Space was suppose to be system shock

Instead is was simply..... dead, space.

Dead space.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@uninspiredcup said:

Dead Space was suppose to be system shock

Instead is was simply..... dead, space.

Dead space.

Dead space is not suppose to be system shock except its set in space.

system shock is FPS/RPG in space. dead space is action adventure game tried to be scary but fail at bieng.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I just bought System Shock 2 like a month ago, but have yet to play it. Currently playing Skyrim.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@charizard1605 said:

@TheEroica said:

I mean let's not kid ourselves it is. In terms of build and combat direction it is absolutely is built in mind for a game pad, where as System Shock 2 is absolutely build in mind for a mouse and keyboard.

Yep. I think Bioshock was the first pc game that had a 360 controller layout in the manual. In fact the 360 layout was the page before the mouse/kb layout. Bioshock was also the first game i know of that had mouse accelleration issues. An issue cause by a game being built around gamepads.

Anyways even if Ken Levine hadn't had a falling out with EA do you really think EA would have signed off on a pc centric, complex rpg/shooter in 2007?

Bioshock is System Shock 3.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@charizard1605

No it wasn't.... If it was the gameplay and controls wouldve been much better on the gamepad..... It was clearly a last minute thing, the game also had performance issues early during its release. Theres nothing consolized about Bioshock.