Will there be another console generation?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bfmv2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bfmv2007
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

I know this thread will get locked because I don't have 500 posts, but I want to ask anyway. Maybe someone would like to start this topic up again so it wont be locked? Anyways, do you think will we have another console generation after the PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U? Will graphics, gameplay, and technology in general even evolve enough in the next 5-10 years that we will need another console generation?

What about finances? With Microsoft, the Xbox One obviously isn't selling that well, but Microsoft has money, and their a huge company. But after the Xbox One, would they bother to continue? Sony on the other hand, has the PS4 selling like hotcakes, but are on the verge of bankruptcy. If there is another console generation, will Sony even be around to take part in it? Nintendo has already said even if the Wii U never picks up, they are still safe financially. They probably have something on the back burner anyways.

Then we have Valve with the Steam Machine. Could Valve take the gaming world by surprise and the Steam Machine really be the way of the future for console gaming? After all, they are upgradable, and meant for long term use. Technically speaking you could buy a Steam Machine, upgrade it when needed, and never have to buy a console ever again. Or will the Steam Machine completely flop and never catch on?

I know I'm probably rambling about things that shouldn't be brought up for years to come, but its still an interesting matter to think about.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Starting a thread with I know this will get locked is usually not a good way to go about things

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

He has been here for so long.. almost hurts to know that this thread will soon be locked. I miss the level system..

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Sub 2TFlop systems being the last generation? Pshaw! Not even close. They will, however, make a huge push for 4K gaming next gen and possibly VR.

There are PLENTY of places for gaming to go from here.

Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

@bloodlust_101 said:

I miss the level system..

I miss the level system too.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@bfmv2007 said:

I know this thread will get locked because I don't have 500 posts...

It's one thing when someone new is sincerely unaware. But jeebus, when you do know.... just why???

Oh and the answer is yes.