Will there be an XB4 if the XB1 ends up in last place?

• 57 results
#1 Posted by emgesp (2154 posts) -

I just think the guys running the Xbox division truly thought they were going to hit a homerun with the XB1 and Kinect 2.0, but their arrogance got the best of them and they are still trying to clean the mess they laid out last year.

I just personally don't think they will bother making an XB4 if the XB1 ends up in last place.

#2 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

Outsell the 360 and I can't imagine Microsoft wouldn't brand the Xbox One a success.

#3 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7487 posts) -

I am sure MS is worried about having one of the best selling consoles ever.

#4 Posted by thehig1 (2290 posts) -

The x1 is selling ok isn't it? It's not exactly at atari jaguar fail levels

#5 Posted by emgesp (2154 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt:

I'm talking long-term guys. Just because the XB1 was selling better than the 360 during the same time frame doesn't mean it will hit 80 million units again by the end of its life cycle. I mean how much did sales pickup when the $399.99 SKU was released?

#6 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

Xbox one isn't getting last place the Wii U is.

#7 Posted by TheRealBigRich (734 posts) -

I would of thought MS making a new console would have to do more with making a profit more than amount of consoles sold. The consumer is fickle and the Xbox brand is fine its just the Xb1 people think is bad in my mind. So if they decide to try to repeat the success of the 360 (similar to what the ps4 is doing right now) I don't see why not give it a try. Its not like they are losing money as long as they employ the right strategy

#8 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -
@emgesp said:

I mean how much did sales pickup when the $399.99 SKU was released?

Doubled, but doubled comparative to what we do not know.

#9 Posted by emgesp (2154 posts) -

@Shielder7:

Well, technically it is still in last place right now.

#10 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Xbox one isn't getting last place the Wii U is.

This. Halo 5 and Gears 4 alone will see to that. But its possible the One finishes 10-20 million behind the PS4, but even then the One will likely be profitable.

#11 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2517 posts) -

Xbox One outselling Wii U and Xbox One price is even higher than Wii U.

Microsoft has no problem. They earn massive profit meanwhile Nintendo losing money. Microsoft earned 1 year profit more than a whole Nintendo cash left has total.

Second place does not mean quiting Xbox. I mean it´s all about profit. Even if Microsoft was at last place but earning profit then why would quit? Avengers earned 1.2 billion. Every other movie that earned 700 million or less should quit making movies. This is what you are saying TC.

#12 Posted by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

You mean the 360.? hahahaa

The xbox one is not even on the top 4,and soon will fall behind the xbox 360,they shipped 5 million in April and by July barely ship anything more,the xbox 360 by July 2006 had shipped 5 million units,and was selling faster than the xbox one was month by month basis,since January.

@R3FURBISHED said:
@emgesp said:

I mean how much did sales pickup when the $399.99 SKU was released?

Doubled, but doubled comparative to what we do not know.

Double because May sales were totally sh**..

They sold 77k,and they sold 120k more than in May and still lose to Sony by some 70K.

Just so you can compare the xbox 360 in June 2006 sold 277K and didn't have any price drops.

#13 Posted by MonsieurX (30451 posts) -

Yes,they're going to axe the 2nd fastest selling console of all time.

#14 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25769 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

I agree with your sarcasm, there's no way Microsoft are going to axe the Wii. That's impossible.

#15 Posted by Heil68 (45197 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Zune was 2nd fastest selling MP3 player of all time! There is ....PRECEDENCE. :O

#16 Posted by clr84651 (5487 posts) -

Xbox still has enough consumers to stick around.

#17 Edited by bforrester420 (1662 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

Not sure if serious...

#18 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5067 posts) -

there arrogance stemmed from the third console curse. it happens to all companies, there is absoloutly no getting around it

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Zune was 2nd fastest selling MP3 player of all time! There is ....PRECEDENCE. :O

#dead also kinect(lol)

#19 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

He isn't lying MonsieurX.

#20 Posted by MonsieurX (30451 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

...and pretty much the only competitor to the ipods

#21 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

there arrogance stemmed from the third console curse. it happens to all companies, there is absoloutly no getting around it

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

#dead also kinect(lol)

Xbox One is selling fine for year one, outpacing its predecessor. There is no RROD and with Kinect out the box no loss on eating its production costs. MS need only hammer the games front, features, and support the early adopters who use Kinect alot like me. The Xbox One will be profitable and successful even as it will likely trail PS4 all gen long. The Wii-U simply doesn't have the big third-party multiplayer games, features, graphics, or new titles to hold up the entire gen. MS has alot of work to do, but that work is being done now and long-term the One will be a success, even as it doesnt match the 360's sales. But minus RROD they will likely see more money from the One than they ever saw on 360.

#22 Posted by kingtito (5026 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

and how profitable was the Zune? How profitable is the XOne? Isn't THAT what matters most?

#23 Edited by Heil68 (45197 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

and how profitable was the Zune? How profitable is the XOne? Isn't THAT what matters most?

Not for SW's comparison.

Xbone is gunna get discontinued...lolz

#24 Posted by Alcapello (953 posts) -

Have they try rebooting the system first?

#25 Edited by jg4xchamp (48367 posts) -

If it makes them a profit, sells enough to outpace the 360 and stay relatively competitive why would they bow out? It be one thing if it dreamcasted or something, but the Xbox One is doing fine all things considered. It would need to nosedive for Microsoft to reevaluate the console business.

#26 Posted by DerekLoffin (8790 posts) -

2nd or 3rd only matters in how much money they are making. If we come to the decision point this gen, and XB1 is looking really bad profit wise, with all the rumblings in MS, I would say the odds are good the the next xbox would at least be radically different than the currently one (perhaps something along the lines of the steambox or surface, a full PC just with a slightly custom interface).

#27 Posted by cainetao11 (17741 posts) -

@emgesp: I agree. I think they were really out of touch with people. Arrogance is a problem. Sony got hit with it, this time MS did. As the gen goes on and price drops come, I think it will pass the WiiU.

#28 Posted by Shewgenja (9630 posts) -

I hope they do and they call it XBox Three Sixty.

#29 Posted by OhSnapitz (18458 posts) -

Was there a Playstation 4?

/thread

#30 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3707 posts) -

First of all , it is not going to happen . Xbox One won't be at last place because most multiplatforms will be on it and it will have its own set of exclusives . Halo 5 is easily going to sell over 10 million copies and will move lot of Xbox Ones .

Second , even if DOES end up in the last place . It still won't be end of Xbox brand , as long as there is demand for consoles .

#31 Edited by starwolf474 (697 posts) -

First of all, it's not going to be last, the Wii U will be last.

Secondly, I think Microsoft cares more about how much profit they make over what place it gets in the console wars.

Thirdly, Sony and Nintendo are not even the Xbox's biggest competitors. Apple, Google, and Amazon are since the next big technology battle is for control of digital content in the Living Room and there is a lot more money to be made there than in video games. Just like Sony used the PS3 to win the HD disc wars last gen, Microsoft desperately wants to win the digital Living Room war and Xbox is their long term strategy to do it, so even if Xbox loses to PlayStation and the Wii U, Microsoft would still be happy as long as there are more people watching digital content on Xbox One than on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, or ChromeCast.

#32 Edited by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Xbox One is selling fine for year one, outpacing its predecessor. There is no RROD and with Kinect out the box no loss on eating its production costs. MS need only hammer the games front, features, and support the early adopters who use Kinect alot like me. The Xbox One will be profitable and successful even as it will likely trail PS4 all gen long. The Wii-U simply doesn't have the big third-party multiplayer games, features, graphics, or new titles to hold up the entire gen. MS has alot of work to do, but that work is being done now and long-term the One will be a success, even as it doesnt match the 360's sales. But minus RROD they will likely see more money from the One than they ever saw on 360.

Outpacing its predecessor by what 200 or 300k.? Even that its predecessor had a 5 months shortage that lasted until late April.?

Fun Facts.

The xbox 360 shipped 5 million units by July 2006.

The xbox 360 shipped 1.8 million units in MS 4th quarter of 2006,compare to MS shipping only 1.1 million xbox one + xbxo 360 combined this last 4th quarter of MS.

The xbox 360 suffer a massive shortage that lasted 5 months,the xbox one didn't and over shipped 3.9 million by December 2013.

From January 2014 to June 2014 the xbox one has sold less units officially,than the xbox 360 did from January 2006 to June 2006,even that the 360 faced a shortage.

In June after and after an announced price drop,the xbox one sold 197K been short of the 277k the xbox 360 sold in June 2006 without a price drop while the xbox 360 also carry the same $399 price.

The PS3 out shipped the xbox one by 500k from in the same time frame from,November to March 31,5.5 million vs 5 million for the xbox one.

The PS3 by July 2007 had 6.3 million units shipped,probably 1 million more than the xbox one had by July 2014.

#33 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8190 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

LOL Zune

#34 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14453 posts) -

No, but there will be a XB2.

#35 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

They can profit off Halo alone.

#36 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

First of all , it is not going to happen . Xbox One won't be at last place because most multiplatforms will be on it and it will have its own set of exclusives . Halo 5 is easily going to sell over 10 million copies and will move lot of Xbox Ones .

Second , even if DOES end up in the last place . It still won't be end of Xbox brand , as long as there is demand for consoles .

You can't be this delusional. The Halo series is on a decline and the xbone's sales flop is only going to accelerate Halo's ride towards irrelevancy.

Halo 5 will be a 5-6 million seller LTD. I expect TLOU, Uncharted, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo and future naughty dog IPs to be bigger than Halo.

#37 Posted by magicalclick (22836 posts) -

That's depends if Sony is still alive or not. If Sony is alive, I think it will be better to focus on tablet gaming instead of dying console market. Not really joking. 5 years later, tablet gaming will hit a spot where the graphics will be adequate for the casual players. The added computing features and most of, the massive portability capability will out weight gaming console.

When I time come, I wouldn't recommend MS focus on gaming console. It should simply focus on gaming tablet.

#38 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14453 posts) -

@magicalclick said:

That's depends if Sony is still alive or not. If Sony is alive, I think it will be better to focus on tablet gaming instead of dying console market. Not really joking. 5 years later, tablet gaming will hit a spot where the graphics will be adequate for the casual players. The added computing features and most of, the massive portability capability will out weight gaming console.

When I time come, I wouldn't recommend MS focus on gaming console. It should simply focus on gaming tablet.

#39 Posted by Star67 (3455 posts) -

It depends on how the new CEO will run the company. From what I'm seeing he's trying to get them out of the device business all together to try and focus on software and business needs.

Microsoft isn't the dominate monopoly it used to be in the world of computers. Google, Apple, and Samsung have really hurt MS by beating them in new tech markets.

The new CEO at MS sees that and is restructuring the company now before they start losing money before its too late. (What Sony should have done) Will xbox survive? Probably, but don't be surprised if its sold off to someone else.

#40 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

The Xbox One will be just fine despite what Sony fanboy haters may want to think. This is going to be a 6-8 year console cycle again and the X1 will offer plenty of reasons to support it.

#41 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@magicalclick said:

Dude, tablet gaming will never replace consoles. The pseudo controls on screen don't lend themselves to FPS or sports games and unless tablets suddenly come with triggers and bumpers, true gaming will never work!!

#42 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3707 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

You can't be this delusional. The Halo series is on a decline and the xbone's sales flop is only going to accelerate Halo's ride towards irrelevancy.

Halo 5 will be a 5-6 million seller LTD. I expect TLOU, Uncharted, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo and future naughty dog IPs to be bigger than Halo.

-Calls others , delusional .

-Lists PS4 games and expects them to be bigger hit .

Playstation 3 games barely sold over 2 million copies except few game . The best selling ND game was TLOU and how much it sold so far .? 6 million .? Halo 4 have crossed 10 million units .

#43 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

-Calls others , delusional .

-Lists PS4 games and expects them to be bigger hit .

Playstation 3 games barely sold over 2 million copies except few game . The best selling ND game was TLOU and how much it sold so far .? 6 million .? Halo 4 have crossed 10 million units .

Halo 4 is at 8 million, not 10 million. And Halo 4 was released a year earlier than TLOU, which sold 7 million copies.

Uncharted sells 6 million each. Gran Turismo sells 10 million. LBP and God of War sells 6 million each.

Halo 5 will most likely sell 5 million LTD. Cry more.

#44 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

Didn't the PS3 last gen end in last place? I guess there isn't a PS4.

#45 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Halo 5 only selling 5-6 million LTD? hahahahhaahahaha No, just no!

#46 Edited by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Halo 5 only selling 5-6 million LTD? hahahahhaahahaha No, just no!

Wasn't the Xbone supposed to blow the PS4 away in terms of both power and sales according to you lems?

The fact is that you lems are so damn delusional that every single one of your predictions has been false. In fact, whatever you lemmings say, the opposite always happened.

We cows are true gamers. We are level-headed and reasonable; that is why everything we predict eventually comes to pass.

#47 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (738 posts) -

You can still get the XO Day One edition on Amazon, so no.

#48 Edited by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1074 posts) -

@ peeps that say Xbox One will not be in last place and that the Wii U will be in last:

I would respectfully disagree because to be honest the Wii U has seen a pretty large increase of sales since MK8. Over 2 million Units of Wii U console have sold since the release of MK8 (2.1 million units in about 6 weeks) while the Xbox One has shipped 1.1 million from april to jun (not even 1.1 million since its combined with 360 numbers and its a shipped number not a sold to consumer number). So the Wii U has sold double the amount of xbox ones in half the time (half of 3 months is about 6 weeks).

And we are just talking bout MK8, whats gonna happen when Smash bros releases? (especially if it releases before 25th of December this year).

Point is Wii u has a decent size lead against Xbox one currently and I doubt Xbox One overtakes Wii U anytime soon (or at all which is what my opinion is)....

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/24/why-sony-should-be-worried-about-nintendos-wii-u.aspx

P.S. Yes I realize this source is a poll and polls arent really that much credible but it is from this site (gamespot) and it seems that most people here only seem to care about information from gamespot (example discrediting review scores from MC cuz its all about gamespot scores here)

Edit: Before I get flamed and called an idiot I guess I should point out my math is a little off on the 6 weeks thing since the source is from July 24th and there is 5 weeks in the month of june. So its really 8 weeks not 6 weeks, still pretty impressive though

#49 Posted by Couth_ (10170 posts) -

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

I would respectfully disagree because to be honest the Wii U has seen a pretty large increase of sales since MK8. Over 2 million Units of Wii U console have sold since the release of MK8 (2.1 million units in about 6 weeks) while the Xbox One has shipped 1.1 million from april to jun (not even 1.1 million since its combined with 360 numbers and its a shipped number not a sold to consumer number). So the Wii U has sold double the amount of xbox ones in half the time (half of 3 months is about 6 weeks).

Lol wut.. That's how much the game sold, not the system. Wii U still got mollywhopped in May and June NPD by the xbone

#50 Edited by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1074 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

Lol wut.. That's how much the game sold, not the system. Wii U still got mollywhopped in May and June NPD by the xbone

Haha, yea I guess mis read the source, self ownage is awesome....

Still doubt x1 catching wii u though lol