Will the Xbox One ever catch up to the PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

XBONE IS DOOMED!!! LMAO!!

lol. Seriously though. I don't think that it's very wise to just assume that the Xbox One will never catch up to the PS4. Will it happen? I kinda doubt it, but Microsoft still has a chance.

Rare, (lol Rare), is working on several projects, right? Well...let's just pretend that these games came out and DID NOT suck peanut butter.

• Banjo-Kazooie.
  • Perfect Dark.
  • 007. (If they're allowed to make a new one)
  • Viva Pinata.
  • Conker.
  • Battletoads.
  • Halo 5.
  • Gears of War.
  • Quantum Break.
  • Scalebound.
  • Crackdown 3.
  • Minecraft???
  • Forza 6.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider. (Could do well this holiday season.)

These games pretty much crush the PS4's current exclusive lineup. PS4 has Bloodborne, Persona 5, Disegea 5, etc. But other than those few games, what else does it have? EXCLUSIVES, NOT MULTIPLATS.(Then again, what else does the Xbox One have?)

Until I see more major exclusives for the PS4, I think that the Xbox One still has a great chance of catching up. Not saying that it actually will, but we shouldn't just assume that it can't.

In the eyes of the millions of casual uninformed people out there, Uncharted 4 and Street Fighter 5 are the only big system sellers I see on PS4. Xbox One has Halo, Gears, Forza, Tomb Raider, and perhaps Perfect Dark, 007 and Banjo-Kazooie....For people who don't give a crap about brand and graphics, and that care more about price and content, which would be a better value?

PS: BOTH systems have the exact same multiplats...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

It'll have some great games, but I doubt it'll catch up. Inb4 Cow stampede.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PikachuDude860

As for the Wii U...........

I wouldn't be surprised if it outsold the PS4 and Xbox One after Zelda U hits. (In the NPD)

But besides that, Nintendo pretty much confirmed that they've given up on trying to catch up when they didn't make a Super Smash Bros. hardware bundle for Christmas.

It's over...

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Remember back a few years ago, when the Xbox 360 was up by like 8 million, and we had threads asking if the PS3 would ever catch up?

Those were good times.

Also, every console not named the Wii U is disappointing so far in terms of games.

Yeah, I said it.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

I think it'll catch up in the USA but definitely not worldwide.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Yes,doomed.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PikachuDude860

@DarkLink77 said:

Remember back a few years ago, when the Xbox 360 was up by like 8 million, and we had threads asking if the PS3 would ever catch up?

Those were good times.

Also, every console not named the Wii U is disappointing so far in terms of games.

Yeah, I said it.

...UGH. What was I thinking? The Xbox One will outsell the PS4? HAR HAR HAR. I forgot how this generation works.

The system with the most impressive exclusive lineup is in last place.

The system with the least impressive exclusive lineup in in 1st place.

Nobody cares about $60 games that actually work...And not paying money to play online. As long as people have dem 3rd party games, they're happy...No matter the quality. Hardy Hardy Har.

Grow up, people.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50549 Posts

Depends on how many fire sales MS has.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkLink77

@pikachudude860 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Those were good times.

Yeah, I said it.

...UGH. What was I thinking? The Xbox One will outsell the PS4? HAR HAR HAR. I forgot how this generation works.

Nobody cares about $60 games that actually work...And not paying money to play online. As long as people have dem 3rd party games, they're happy...No matter the quality. Hardy Hardy Har.

Grow up, people.

Fun fact: the best console is rarely the one that wins.

The PS2 is exception.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts

I can't believe how short sighted we are... Gen 7 did happen... And the runt of the litter (ps3) did eventually catch up... Provided this gen continues as long I think it's safe to say anything is truly possible.

As for games, the only thing, for me that sets it apart worth noting is the high quality indie support. Next month playstation gamers will get Helldivers and Axiom Verge... April is Shovel Knight... That's a pretty big deal to me. XONE really hasn't flexed much muscle in response.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I want to say, I own the Xbone since launch 2013. Many of those titles in your list are coming to Xbone, but some aren't coming for years or next year at the earliest. Some aren't even coming at all, they are imagined. I enjoy the machine for what it is.

Secondly:

• Banjo-Kazooie.
  • Perfect Dark.
  • Viva Pinata.
  • Conker.
  • Battletoads.

----

Goodness. How many games do you honestly think RARE pump out an entire generation? With rising costs and then factor in the employee losses at RARE (the studio is different group now), the Kinect development that the new team is all about. The fact they already released for Xbone Kinect Sports Rivals. That's one of their slots. They helped a little with Killer Instinct as well.

Yes, there is a rumor RARE is going back away from Kinect, butyou think they are making all of those games based on the one rumor for one game?

We aren't getting that many AAA budgeted games from RARE this gen.

That's like a user posting about Naughty Dog and suggesting for PS4 we are getting

• Jak 4
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Uncharted 4
  • Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Uncharted 5
  • The Last of Us 3
  • Jak and Daxter 2
  • Jak X2
  • Crash Team Racing 2
  • etc.

That said, it would be nice, but let's be realistic on what these developers can actually get done in a generation. A good game typically needs a two year development cycle. Usually we get about 4 games from our fave developers a gen. In the case of Remedy, Last gen we got One game and an expansion to that game with Alan Wake. They are behind Quantum.

@pikachudude860 said:
Xbox One has...perhaps Perfect Dark, 007 and Banjo-Kazooie...

In the same year? Each one of those games are multiyear development. Two years per game on average, except maybe 007 if they were porting it (not allowed though).

Here, this may help you TC:

@pikachudude860 said:

http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

239 PS4 games to 159 Xbone games.Bear in mind both machines are the same age. That is the total library so far.

Things are not so equal as you have painted, not to mention the full might of Sony's 1st party hasn't arrived yet as it always does every home console generation (PS1, PS2, PS3)

At retail physical level?

105 PS4 games to 95 Xbone games (note, these are not indie DD games).

They do not get the same multiplats but usually they do. For instance, Guilty Gear and Injustice are only on PS4 but not Xbone.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 polishkid99

@TheEroica:

For me, I could care less about the indies. I prefer playing them on PC more.

I really want more big budget exclusives from Sony/MS those are the deciding factor for me if I had to choose..but I have both so I guess it doesn't matter.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

In America - yes

Worldwide - no

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DarkLink77

@TheEroica said:

I can't believe how short sighted we are... Gen 7 did happen... And the runt of the litter (ps3) did eventually catch up... Provided this gen continues as long I think it's safe to say anything is truly possible.

As for games, the only thing, for me that sets it apart worth noting is the high quality indie support. Next month playstation gamers will get Helldivers and Axiom Verge... April is Shovel Knight... That's a pretty big deal to me. XONE really hasn't flexed much muscle in response.

Dat Ori and the Blind Forest, though.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PikachuDude860

@DarkLink77 said:

@pikachudude860 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Those were good times.

Yeah, I said it.

Grow up, people.

Fun fact: the best console is rarely the one that wins.

The PS2 is exception.

Games wise, PS2 may of crushed the oher consoles. But system wise, Gamecube was the best system that gen...(IMO)

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

<b>no sony already won the gen. ps4 is the gamers choice it's more powerful better resolution faster better games more games more exclusives more awards better graphics more goty. if u a treal gamer ps4 is all u need Sony Wins Another Generation SWAG!!!!</b>

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@_SWAG_ said:

<b>no sony already won the gen. ps4 is the gamers choice it's more powerful better resolution faster better games more games more exclusives more awards better graphics more goty. if u a treal gamer ps4 is all u need Sony Wins Another Generation SWAG!!!!</b>

More flops!

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 polishkid99

@MonsieurX said:

@_SWAG_ said:

More flops!

The flops are starting to aggravate me. I have never had more consecutive hype-burn then I have had with the ps4s birth until now.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PikachuDude860
@SolidTy said:

• Banjo-Kazooie.
  • Perfect Dark.
  • Viva Pinata.
  • Conker.
  • Battletoads.

----

Goodness. How many games do you honestly think RARE pump out an entire generation? With rising costs and then factor in the employee losses at RARE (the studio is different group now), the Kinect development that the new team is all about. The fact they already released for Xbone Kinect Sports Rivals. That's one of their slots. They helped a little with Killer Instinct as well.

That said, it would be nice, but let's be realistic.

But didn't Microsoft say that Rare is working on several projects? They wouldn't be dumb enough to try to bring back the kinect, would they?

Being realistic....Rare doesn't really have to deveolp them. Rare can work on Banjo Kazooie, Conker, etc, while other devs at Microsoft work on Perfect Dark, Battletoads, etc. Haven't most of the original people who worked at RARE back in the SNES/N64 days left? In that case, just stamping the name "RARE" on the games won't make them any good, if different people are making them.

If Microsoft owns the IPs, can't anyone make them? (With Microsoft's permission)

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

The PS4 will always have more flops than xbox one, that it cannot catch.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator

@DarkLink77: Ori does look good...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SolidTy

@pikachudude860 said:
@SolidTy said:

I want to say, I own the Xbone since launch 2013. Many of those titles in your list are coming to Xbone, but some aren't coming for years or next year at the earliest. Some aren't even coming at all, they are imagined. I enjoy the machine for what it is.

Secondly:

• Banjo-Kazooie.
  • Perfect Dark.
  • Viva Pinata.
  • Conker.
  • Battletoads.

----

Yes, there is a rumor RARE is going back away from Kinect, butyou think they are making all of those games based on the one rumor for one game?

That's like a user posting about Naughty Dog and suggesting for PS4 we are getting

• Jak 4
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Uncharted 4
  • Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Uncharted 5
  • The Last of Us 3
  • Jak and Daxter 2
  • Jak X2
  • Crash Team Racing 2
  • etc.

That said, it would be nice, but let's be realistic on what these developers can actually get done in a generation. A good game typically needs a two year development cycle. Usually we get about 4 games from our fave developers a gen. In the case of Remedy, Last gen we got One game and an expansion to that game with Alan Wake. They are behind Quantum.

@pikachudude860 said:

In the same year? Each one of those games are multiyear development. Two years per game on average, except maybe 007 if they were porting it (not allowed though).

@pikachudude860 said:

239 PS4 games to 159 Xbone games.Bear in mind both machines are the same age. That is the total library so far.

Things are not so equal as you have painted, not to mention the full might of Sony's 1st party hasn't arrived yet as it always does every home console generation (PS1, PS2, PS3)

105 PS4 games to 95 Xbone games.

They do not get the same multiplats but usually they do. For instance, Guilty Gear and Injustice are only on PS4 but not Xbone.

But didn't Microsoft say that Rare is working on several projects? They wouldn't be dumb enough to try to bring back the kinect, would they?

Being realistic....Rare doesn't really have to deveolp them. Rare can work on Banjo Kazooie, Conker, etc, while other devs at Microsoft work on Perfect Dark, Battletoads, etc. Haven't most of the original people who worked at RARE back in the SNES/N64 days left? In that case, just stamping the name "RARE" on the games won't make them any good, if different people are making them.

If Microsoft owns the IPs, can't anyone make them? (With Microsoft's permission)

We don't know what the projects are but RARE does help out completely different teams with separately developed games as well so we can't assume M$ turned the studio into some super 10,000 team juggernaut studio capable of pumping out that many AAA wonder games so quickly. RARE helped out with Killer Instinct for instance (not developed by RARE though), that would count as working on a project. It doesn't mean it's their main game. We know a rumor that they might be returning to non-Kinect. Just remember, the studio was completely changed into a Kinect studio from the top to the bottom. It's not so easy to change that studio back. Especially since they already have Kinect Engines and released a Kinect game on Xbone. They may return to an old non-Kinect franchise, but they most likely will keep Kinect games coming as well based on the current RARE leadership. I wrote an entire piece once on what happened in RARE.

Regarding Several projects and what that means, look here.

Here's an example.

Sony's Santa Monica studios for instance is responsible for God of War titles. They haven't even revealed their new PS4 game which presumably is a brand new God of War for PS4, yet Sony Santa Monica studios is working on several projects.

Sony Santa Monica collaborated with these 7 games while developing GOW PS4:

1. Hohokum Collaborated development with Honeyslug
  2. Fat Princess: Piece of Cake Collaborated development with One Loop
  3. The Order: 1886 Collaborated development with Ready at Dawn.
  4. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture Collaborated development with The Chinese Room.
  5. Fat Princess Adventures Collaborated development with Fun Bits Interactive
  6. Wattam Collaborated development with Funomena
  7. What Remains of Edith Fitch Collaborated development with Giant Sparrow

Imagine if someone made a thread and that person heard Sony Santa Monica is "working on several projects". It's true, Sony Santa Monica is. Someone might compose a super list of Sony Santa Monica's greatest hits (some games Santa Monica have helped with include: Twisted Metal, Warhawk, God of War, pixeljunk games, fat princess, etc), as you've done for RARE, but the reality is above. They helped out seven other games and are making their next game as well. RARE is in a similar situation, going so far as helping with Kinect, Avatars, and internal teams. Hell, they may be aiding with hololens stuff as well (most probable).

It would be nice if RARE could pump out that many amazing games so quickly, but not even close to realistic. Plus, consumers probably wouldn't buy them so quickly, as you have to space out your releases properly.

It is true that M$ can outsource though...will they though? They are notoriously cheap with outsourcing studios. Also, like the recent Studio that was making Phantom Dust before they shut down, do we want outsiders touching these IPs?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Catch up in what? Flops? At this rate it'll never catch up to the PS4 haha.

Ok now that I'm done with that, no it will never catch up, but I want to see Microsoft work hard to try and catch up, which I believe they are already doing, which will likely mean more and higher quality games than we might've seen if they were in first.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PikachuDude860

@SolidTy said:

I want to say, I own the Xbone since launch 2013. Many of those titles in your list are coming to Xbone, but some aren't coming for years or next year at the earliest. Some aren't even coming at all, they are imagined. I enjoy the machine for what it is..

• Jak 4
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Uncharted 4
  • Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Uncharted 5
  • The Last of Us 3
  • Jak and Daxter 2
  • Jak X2
  • Crash Team Racing 2
  • etc.

@pikachudude860 said:

@pikachudude860 said:

105 PS4 games to 95 Xbone games.

Hmm...I see. Although I should point out that 134 of those PS4 games are digital. 105 are physical. (As you stated.) When it comes to buying a console, most are, I assume, only going to look at the physical games, not the digital. As of right now, Xbox has the potential of Halo 5, Gears, Tomb Raider, etc. Most of which may make people buy a Xbox One over a PS4.

I'm not saying the Xbox One will absolutely outsell the PS4. I'm just saying with the potential games that Microsoft has, (Games that they COULD come out in the next year or so). Plus they have Hololens...It's definitely possible.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PikachuDude860

@SolidTy: Huh. That's interesting. I see your point.

Well, that kinda crushes my hopes of seeing those games come back..A little.

do we want outsiders touching these IPs?

I don't know. On one side, no, I do not. But on the oter side...RARE isn't the same RARE from back in the day.

Nuts and Bolts was very innovative and fun. But not the same Banjo-Kazooie I'm used to. How do we know if today's RARE can deliver?

Though, on topic, I'm just saying that the Xbox One has the right IPs to combat the Playstation 4's exclusive IPs enough to catch up...If they play their cards right.

As @TheEroica: said, anything can happen. Look at the PS3.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Microsoft may never catch up sales wise globally but will still satisfy the educated gamers. I'm not saying hardcore vs. casual but yeah. Something like that.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SolidTy

@pikachudude860 said:

I don't know. On one side, no, I do not. But on the oter side...RARE isn't the same RARE from back in the day.

Nuts and Bolts was very innovative and fun. But not the same Banjo-Kazooie I'm used to. How do we know if today's RARE can deliver?

Though, on topic, I'm just saying that the Xbox One has the right IPs to combat the Playstation 4's exclusive IPs enough to catch up...If they play their cards right.

If it makes you feel better, it would be rad if they were this capable of putting out so many wonderful hot hit titles so quickly, but I've been around the block too many times I guess, lol. I'm all for great games, so the more good games they release on Xbone, the more I can buy and play them. :)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@pikachudude860: I should point out that ps3 climbed out on the back of some really nice focus on its games and also a free online model and a Blu-ray player... Features it's xbox competitor didn't have.

We're out of the launch window of these consoles. We're still seeing the best games being dual developed on last gen consoles. A trend I'd like to see end... Like, yesterday.

This generation is still hung up in its infancy... The scope of what these two companies will hopefully bring to the table hasn't even been fully realized yet...

... I think Microsoft has the resources to change the face if the generation from a sales perspective. Question is, "What is their motivation to be in the hobby?" make money? change the industry? Serve gamers? Just because they have the resources doesn't mean they desire using them.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#29 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@_SWAG_ said:

What GOTY has PS4 won?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Toasterbox ain't catching anything.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PikachuDude860

@SolidTy said:

@pikachudude860 said:

If it makes you feel better, it would be rad if they were this capable of putting out so many wonderful hot hit titles so quickly, but I've been around the block too many times I guess, lol. I'm all for great games, so the more good games they release on Xbone, the more I can buy and play them. :)

So many replies....Can't keep up...lol.

I would love that too. I don't think the idea of a developer doing something like this is impossible. Who knows?

I don't care about sales. In the end, all that makes me happy are the games. I want my favorite games and consoles to do well, of course. But competition of great for the indstruy. I want everyone to do well. In the end, we as gamers win for having lots of great games! (Unless the games are broken, etc. But that's a whole different story.)

@TheEroica said:

@pikachudude860: I should point out that ps3 climbed out on the back of some really nice focus on its games and also a free online model and a Blu-ray player... Features it's xbox competitor didn't have.

That's true. Plus PS3 had new IPs like Uncharted, The Last of US, Infamous, LittleBigPlanet, etc. I can't see anything of the same scale happening on the Xbox One.

But who knows? Another price cut could blast the console off...Same could be said for the other 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Doubt it. Better games than Ps4 won't help since they're both just selling on hype right now.

Maybe if it was $100 cheaper but MS can't afford that.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Chozofication said:

Doubt it. Better games than Ps4 won't help since they're both just selling on hype right now.

MS can afford almost anything they want. But no they aren't going to throw money away just to beat the PS4 especially when the console race is so inconsequential to their success and profits as a company.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@Chozofication said:

MS can afford almost anything they want. But no they aren't going to throw money away just to beat the PS4 especially when the console race is so inconsequential to their success and profits as a company.

I was thinking about that but yeah they still won't throw money away.

But hell, they still haven't made a dime on the xbox brand I don't think.

So clearly they can afford it. haha

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PikachuDude860

@TheEroica:

We're out of the launch window of these consoles. We're still seeing the best games being dual developed on last gen consoles. A trend I'd like to see end... Like, yesterday.

This generation is still hung up in its infancy... The scope of what these two companies will hopefully bring to the table hasn't even been fully realized yet...

... I think Microsoft has the resources to change the face if the generation from a sales perspective. Question is, "What is their motivation to be in the hobby?" make money? change the industry? Serve gamers? Just because they have the resources doesn't mean they desire using them.

In the end, that will be up to MS. I don't think that MS NEEDS the Xbox brand to make a good profit. They have Windows. So it makes sense if they don't care as much about the gamers as Sony and Nintendo do. Sony and Nintendo need the gamers, MS doesn't.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

I see no problem with the XB1 catching the PS4 especially with Sony pushing indies so hard and fanboys defending them.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

In NA? I think there's a very good chance.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#38 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Last gen Sony fucked up and market share shifted massively. Sales shaming had a place, but this gen does it really matter if the PS4 sells more if it can't leverage that for a substantial advantage in exclusive titles.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

No.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Microsoft may never catch up sales wise globally but will still satisfy the educated gamers. I'm not saying hardcore vs. casual but yeah. Something like that.

You and Tim aren't educated.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

The day that I start getting compensated for console sales is the day that I will start caring.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@pikachudude860 said:

XBONE IS DOOMED!!! LMAO!!

lol. Seriously though. I don't think that it's very wise to just assume that the Xbox One will never catch up to the PS4. Will it happen? I kinda doubt it, but Microsoft still has a chance.

Rare, (lol Rare), is working on several projects, right? Well...let's just pretend that these games came out and DID NOT suck peanut butter.

• Banjo-Kazooie.
  • Perfect Dark.
  • Viva Pinata.
  • Conker.
  • Battletoads.
  • Halo 5.
  • Gears of War.
  • Quantum Break.
  • Scalebound.
  • Crackdown 3.
  • Minecraft???
  • Forza 6.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider. (Could do well this holiday season.)

These games pretty much crush the PS4's current exclusive lineup. PS4 has Bloodborne, Persona 5, Disegea 5, etc. But other than those few games, what else does it have? EXCLUSIVES, NOT MULTIPLATS.(Then again, what else does the Xbox One have?)

Until I see more major exclusives for the PS4, I think that the Xbox One still has a great chance of catching up. Not saying that it actually will, but we shouldn't just assume that it can't.

In the eyes of the millions of casual uninformed people out there, Uncharted 4 and Street Fighter 5 are the only big system sellers I see on PS4. Xbox One has Halo, Gears, Forza, Tomb Raider, and perhaps Perfect Dark, 007 and Banjo-Kazooie....For people who don't give a crap about brand and graphics, and that care more about price and content, which would be a better value?

No even Halo has the power to do shit to the PS brand let alone Viva Pinata or even lesser game,if the PS4 is going to win it will nothing will stop it.

And no there is no chance for the xbox one..

@DarkLink77 said:

Those were good times.

Yeah, I said it.

Problem is the 360 came 1 year before everything,and was up to $300 cheaper than the competition,the PS3 was able to catch it because even that loss US and UK it won Japan where the xbox 360 sold like garbage,and on mainland EU they also won.

The xbox one is basically 10 million units behind when it started the same year,and world wide is in worse shape than the xbox 360 was.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I think in the U.S. it can definitely catch up but It won't catch up worldwide, that's for sure.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Stringerboy said:

The PS3 caught up to the 360 eventually, so you never know.

Not even close to be the same case,or scenario.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

No it wont , war is over already

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

Highly doubtful. Sony just seems to end up selling more consoles. And MS didn't have the head start this year...though if they have the RRoD again that might increase some sales.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: I may not be educated but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@pikachudude860: @pikachudude860: If Mario Kart couldn't do it, and Smash Bros. couldn't do it, then Zelda will most definitely follow suit.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

All XBONE has going for it is Halo5, a rehash not even made by bungie, and Quantum Whatever....yet another movie-game.

Sigh. At least it has multiplats for people who can't afford a good PC.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

If the PlayStation 4 keeps building hype and under-delivering as it has been consistently since launch, people are going to wake up eventually and start abandoning the platform. As an owner I am getting very sick of it, they market this thing like it's the best thing since sliced bread and it's just really not, it's empty, soulless, lacking real identity as a platform and overall just not impressive. There is nothing about the PlayStation 4 which makes me want to use it, nothing about it makes me want to continue owning it.

I love my PlayStation 1-3, they sold the way they did for a good reason, this thing though, I have no idea why it's moving so many units. I have got to say out of all of the consoles that I have owned over the last 30 years, the PlayStation 4 is the most underwhelming system out of all of them.

@-God- said:

All XBONE has going for it is Halo5, a rehash not even made by bungie, and Quantum Whatever....yet another movie-game.

Sigh. At least it has multiplats for people who can't afford a good PC.

Quantum Whatever? You do realize this is a Remedy game don't you... I wouldn't throw a "whatever" connotation at anything they make...