Will the next xbox fail hard next gen with all lemmings jumping ship to Sony??

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -

It seems every lemming is coming out of this gen scarred and hurt, and whoever you talk to says they are going to think hard about it next gen and probably end up getting a PS4.

Heck they are even talking about future games they want and how the PS controller should change to fit their new needs.

Whats the general consensus SW, common sense tells us that alot of 360 owners will in fact jump ship next gen to the devopment-team heavy SS (sony side)

#2 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -

Most people are jumping ship to pc gaming.

I might just have a pc and (whichever next gen console is weakest but has the best exclusives)

#3 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
[QUOTE="free_milk"]

Most people are jumping ship to pc gaming.

I might just have a pc and (whichever next gen console is weakest but has the best exclusives)

its the console war, the mobile war, the tv war, the real wars, throughtout these wars, everyone has pc, no one jumps to pc, and whoever doesnt have a pc or whoever does, doesnt change sh!t, idiot
#4 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
Dude. I think you and johnnycage have reached your posting limit for the day. Get some rest lil guy
#5 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

I wouldn't say it's going to fail hard by any means, there is still a lot of potential to be seen and a lot of great franchises which people are expecting to be brought back for the next-gen.

A few leaked documents have told us what ideas they are planning with the next Xbox and so far everything that has been rumored sounds promising and great, if any of it is true we can expect the Xbox 720 to be a real power house.

In the end both Sony and Microsoft will give us a good show and a decent fight so we can look forward to the future with some promise. Personally i don't know how one can pick one console over the other, i'm definitely getting both but sticking with PC as my main platform.

#6 Posted by dommeus (9234 posts) -

It seems every lemming is coming out of this gen scarred and hurt, and whoever you talk to says they are going to think hard about it next gen and probably end up getting a PS4.

Heck they are even talking about future games they want and how the PS controller should change to fit their new needs.

Whats the general consensus SW, common sense tells us that alot of 360 owners will in fact jump ship next gen to the devopment-team heavy SS (sony side)

PinnacleGamingP
I went PC, but still have a PS3 and 360.
#7 Posted by delta3074 (17889 posts) -

PinnacleGamingP
Coomon sense tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about and that your observation about lemmings is completely Flawed, For my own Part i will get whichever console has the most games in my favorite Genre, This gen it was the 360 hands down, Next gen it could be a different console, Only fanboys choose there consoles based on Brand loyalty, REAL gamers go where the Games are and this gen it's the 360 by a huge margin.
#8 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28360 posts) -

awwww pinnacle is growing up, I think this is the stage when he tries to talk to a girl all pimply faced...

#9 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

I can see that happening. Not many people like the 360 due to Kinect and it's likely that Microsoft will continue the shovelware for the next console. Not to mention that people don't like paying for XBL...

PC gaming is also seeing a rise, people are flocking to PC and PlayStation at the moment which is a good thing as that's where the quality is.

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -
This thread is only useful for getting my post count up. +1
#11 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

honestly going by whats actually happening with sony's financial state, it would be more probable that cows would be the ones jumping ship and not out of choice.

and gamerwillz...still at the jekyll and hyde act i see.

#12 Posted by super600 (30303 posts) -

Shouldn't the TC be jumping ship to fakeboy land.

#13 Posted by delta3074 (17889 posts) -

I can see that happening. Not many people like the 360 due to Kinect and it's likely that Microsoft will continue the shovelware for the next console. Not to mention that people don't like paying for XBL...

PC gaming is also seeing a rise, people are flocking to PC and PlayStation at the moment which is a good thing as that's where the quality is.

GamerwillzPS
People are flocking to the PC From the Ps3 and the 360, don't be a fool and think people are flocking to the Ps3, if they where the Ps3 would have overtaken the 360 by now, in fact i know 1 person wjo recently switched from Ps3 to 360 just so they could play dawnguard, but that doesn't really mean anything.
#14 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -
Microsoft didn't fail this gen, they're the only manufacture that has had stable income for the whole generation.
#15 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

delta3074

People are flocking to the PC From the Ps3 and the 360, don't be a fool and think people are flocking to the Ps3, if they where the Ps3 would have overtaken the 360 by now, in fact i know 1 person wjo recently switched from Ps3 to 360 just so they could play dawnguard, but that doesn't really mean anything.

That's correct, PC is getting some love from consolites. Some PS3 guys have jumped to PC already, including me. But there are still some who jumped from 360 to PS3. Many people who I know already did.

#16 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28360 posts) -

GamerwillzPS
lol your a moron.
#17 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

WilliamRLBaker

lol your a moron.

tumblrmbjytlwavl1qzhzxy.jpg

#18 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -
If all these people are flocking over to PS3, why is the 360 still smashing PS3 in sales every month? This can't be a region specific phenomena.
#19 Posted by PAL360 (26717 posts) -

'Will the next xbox fail hard next gen with all lemmings jumping ship to Sony??'

Who knows? Many ex Sony fans, like me, jumped ship when Playstation 'failed hard' this gen. It may happen again, but only time wull tell.

#20 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

'Will the next xbox fail hard next gen with all lemmings jumping ship to Sony??'

Who knows? Many ex Sony fans, like me, jumped ship when Playstation 'failed hard' this gen. It may happen again, but only time wull tell.

your just worried, that if you jump ship next gen, you'll look stupid with your username
#21 Posted by PAL360 (26717 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

PinnacleGamingP

your just worried, that if you jump ship next gen, you'll look stupid with your username

I'm not worried lol I don't like MS, Sony or any other greedy company, so i'll get the console that have the most dev support, as allways.

My user name? That's just a number, buddy.

#22 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

Of course. Third console curse. It happened with the Saturn. It happened with the N64. It happened with the PS3. It will happen with the next Xbox.

#23 Posted by delta3074 (17889 posts) -

Of course. Third console curse. It happened with the Saturn. It happened with the N64. It happened with the PS3. It will happen with the next Xbox.

burgeg
N64 wasn't nintendo's 3rd console, they have been around all 7 generations, it was there 4th console.
#24 Posted by PAL360 (26717 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

delta3074

N64 wasn't nintendo's 3rd console, they have been around all 7 generations, it was there 4th console.

Nes, Snes and N64. How wasn't N64 Nintendo's third console? I don't think Gameboy counts.

#25 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="burgeg"]

PAL360

Nes, Snes and N64. How wasn't N64 Nintendo's third console? I don't think Gameboy counts.

The Virtual Boy was the true victim of the third console curse :P

#26 Posted by Malta_1980 (11215 posts) -

everything can happen, however considering 360 was more successful than the original xbox there is also a huge possibility the next xbox might even exceed the 360 in terms of sales / quality of games..

I think ppl shouldnt stick to just a particular brand and if they cannot afford multiple systems, just do some research and get the console that suits them most..

Honestly I dont understand why ppl would want a console to fail...

#27 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Lemmings go down with the ship. That's why they're lemmings.
#28 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]This thread is only useful for getting my post count up. +1

Also useful for getting mine up as well
#29 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]This thread is only useful for getting my post count up. +1funsohng

And mine... again :oops:

#30 Posted by delta3074 (17889 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="burgeg"]

PAL360

The Color TV Game series were five different dedicated consoles, each designed to play a specific game or set of games. They were very similar to the early Pong home console. The players controlled their paddles with dials attached directly to the machine. Additionally, as an alternative to the standard version, a white-colored C Battery powered model of the Color TV Game 6 was introduced. With a limited-run of a few hundred units, these are largely considered the most prized by serious collectors. Computer TV Game, unlike Nintendo's other console did not use a removable storage system to store its games, either in cartridge or disc form. It was only distributed in Japan and was a port of Nintendo's arcade game Computer Othello. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_video_game_consoles Nintendo's first venture into the video-gaming industry was securing rights to distribute the Magnavox Odyssey video game console in Japan in 1974. Nintendo began to produce its own hardware in 1977, with the Color TV Game home video game consoles. Four versions of these consoles were produced, each including variations of a single game (for example, Color TV Game 6 featured six versions of Light Tennis). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo
#31 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]This thread is only useful for getting my post count up. +1BattleSpectre

There's an innuendo here, and I'm exposing it.

#32 Posted by Supabul (3855 posts) -

Since when are all the Lem's jumping ship to Sony, Halo 4 just got release to record sales while LBP flop's. Again why would Lem's be jumping ship to Sony

#33 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] Also useful for getting mine up as wellLy_the_Fairy

There's an innuendo here, and I'm exposing it.

No! do you take bribes my good sir? :cry:

#34 Posted by PAL360 (26717 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]N64 wasn't nintendo's 3rd console, they have been around all 7 generations, it was there 4th console.delta3074

The Color TV Game series were five different dedicated consoles, each designed to play a specific game or set of games. They were very similar to the early Pong home console. The players controlled their paddles with dials attached directly to the machine. Additionally, as an alternative to the standard version, a white-colored C Battery powered model of the Color TV Game 6 was introduced. With a limited-run of a few hundred units, these are largely considered the most prized by serious collectors. Computer TV Game, unlike Nintendo's other console did not use a removable storage system to store its games, either in cartridge or disc form. It was only distributed in Japan and was a port of Nintendo's arcade game Computer Othello. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_video_game_consoles

Nintendo's first venture into the video-gaming industry was securing rights to distribute the Magnavox Odyssey video game console in Japan in 1974. Nintendo began to produce its own hardware in 1977, with the Color TV Game home video game consoles. Four versions of these consoles were produced, each including variations of a single game (for example, Color TV Game 6 featured six versions of Light Tennis). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo

My bad then. Thank you for the history lesson :P

#35 Posted by delta3074 (17889 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

The Color TV Game series were five different dedicated consoles, each designed to play a specific game or set of games. They were very similar to the early Pong home console. The players controlled their paddles with dials attached directly to the machine. Additionally, as an alternative to the standard version, a white-colored C Battery powered model of the Color TV Game 6 was introduced. With a limited-run of a few hundred units, these are largely considered the most prized by serious collectors. Computer TV Game, unlike Nintendo's other console did not use a removable storage system to store its games, either in cartridge or disc form. It was only distributed in Japan and was a port of Nintendo's arcade game Computer Othello. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_video_game_consoles

Nintendo's first venture into the video-gaming industry was securing rights to distribute the Magnavox Odyssey video game console in Japan in 1974. Nintendo began to produce its own hardware in 1977, with the Color TV Game home video game consoles. Four versions of these consoles were produced, each including variations of a single game (for example, Color TV Game 6 featured six versions of Light Tennis). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo

My bad then. Thank you for the history lesson :P

thats ok mate, most people don't know that there was a nintendo before the NES, i found out purely by accident whilst looking at the entire historys of all the hardware makers. And you are most welcome my friend:)
#36 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

WilliamRLBaker

lol your a moron.

As someone who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're", you should probably refrain from insulting others' intelligence.

#37 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1693 posts) -

If all these people are flocking over to PS3, why is the 360 still smashing PS3 in sales every month? This can't be a region specific phenomena.BPoole96

PS3 is outselling 360 every month. In about one year PS3 will pass the 360 in overall sales. The 360 only sells better in COD land, the USA.

#38 Posted by delta3074 (17889 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]If all these people are flocking over to PS3, why is the 360 still smashing PS3 in sales every month? This can't be a region specific phenomena.KillzoneSnake

PS3 is outselling 360 every month. In about one year PS3 will pass the 360 in overall sales. The 360 only sells better in COD land, the USA.

Last year the 360 outsold the Ps worldwide by 800,000 units. most of which where sold in the last 3 months of last year.
#39 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1693 posts) -

[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]If all these people are flocking over to PS3, why is the 360 still smashing PS3 in sales every month? This can't be a region specific phenomena.delta3074

Last year the 360 outsold the Ps worldwide by 800,000 units. most of which where sold in the last 3 months of last year.

Dont know what happen last year. Just know PS3 in very close, about 1-2 million close to passing 360. A console that came out 1 year before So do the math buddy, the PS3 has outsold the 360 since the PS3 launched. And as of right now the PS3 beating the 360 everyday. Next year, game over. Bring on next gen :cool:

#40 Posted by adamosmaki (9449 posts) -

PinnacleGamingP
the general consensus is that you are a terrible troll.
#41 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

Dont know what happen last year. Just know PS3 in very close, about 1-2 million close to passing 360. A console that came out 1 year before So do the math buddy, the PS3 has outsold the 360 since the PS3 launched. And as of right now the PS3 beating the 360 everyday. Next year, game over. Bring on next gen :cool:

8 million lead now 1 million and lemmings still tell themselves the 360 is selling better :lol:
#42 Posted by TheEroica (13306 posts) -
  1. pinnacle goes into thread about ms fixing semiconductors for next gen.
  2. pinnacle makes up story in his head that every 360 rrod and tried to rape people,
  3. pinnacle makes another terrible and weightless thread, based on absolutely no fact whatsover....
  4. pinnacle inches one step closer to being banned
  5. exxxcellent
#43 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]

adamosmaki
the general consensus is that you are a terrible troll.

He must be doing something right since his threads usually get pretty big with people whining lol
#44 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

2. pinnacle makes up story in his head that every 360 rrod and tried to rape people,
  3. pinnacle makes another terrible and weightless thread, based on absolutely no fact whatsover....
  5. exxxcellent

TheEroica

How did ispeakfact get banned but pinnacle hasn't.

#45 Posted by delta3074 (17889 posts) -
[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]Last year the 360 outsold the Ps worldwide by 800,000 units. most of which where sold in the last 3 months of last year.PinnacleGamingP

8 million lead now 1 million and lemmings still tell themselves the 360 is selling better :lol:

it's not 1 million dude, it's about 2.8 million at the beginning of this year the 360 stood at 65.8 million the Ps3 was at 62.0 million http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461642 We know that in the first half of this yer the Ps3 outsold the 360 by about 1 million units so 3.8 million minus 1 million is 2.8 million, if the site i posted is too complicated for you to understand then let me know and i will try to explain better, i understand that not everybody can understand Financial reports. According to MS the 360 now stands at 70 million consoles sold.
#46 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

5. exxxcellent

JohnnyCageMK

yeah.How comes forzagearsface and reach3 got banned?They were much better trolls.
#47 Posted by delta3074 (17889 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

KillzoneSnake

Next generation starts this month dude, when the Wii-U releases.
#48 Posted by TheEroica (13306 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

5. exxxcellent

free_milk

yeah.How comes forzagearsface and reach3 got banned?They were much better trolls.

I wouldnt worry.... its coming. Its too bad we cant be notified when it happens, like a surprise party... but what you guys are saying is accurate... pinnacle and a few others are getting close.
#49 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1693 posts) -

Next generation starts this month dude, when the Wii-U releases.delta3074

lol technically yes but... the REAL next gen. You know... the one where games look a lot better than this one :P

#50 Posted by delta3074 (17889 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"]Next generation starts this month dude, when the Wii-U releases.KillzoneSnake

lol technically yes but... the REAL next gen. You know... the one where games look a lot better than this one :P

Generations are defined by ascension, not by power or games.