Will the next update for X1 get the machine even hotter.?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Could it be possible that the xbox one get even hotter with the new update..?

Because now while using 90% of the power for gaming it runs at 49 Degrees Celsius while consuming 125 watts,but with the update that will free 8% of the reservation,the console will now use 98% of its power for games,will this increase the already high temperature even more.?

The PS4 for comparison use 131 watts while gaming,but it keeps a 44 Degree celsius temperature.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

If you care so much about the console just buy one.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

"can the xbox get any hotter?"

asks the tc while typing one handed.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

This a really lame thread, even for you Tormentos

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

How are we supposed to know?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

who the **** cares

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

the Xbone will make a good heater for the winter if it doesn't end up burning your house down like the old X360.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Of all the consoles that will probably have heat problems you think it's going to be the box with a fan taking up 50%+ of it?

reggy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By reggy72
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

Who actually gives a ****, Tormentos go make something of your sad little existence, stop worrying about something you don't own. And don't worry about those who've decided to buy an Xbox one, its their choice after all.

Go and post something positive in a PS4 thread about your hopes, dreams and aspirations for the future for Sony's console, let the hate go, you'll feel better for it.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@tormentos: So do you have one and does it get that hot? Mine runs pretty damn quiet and never gets really hot. Warm yes but never hot.. If you have one and it's "hot" maybe think about re-locating it.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

Uhm, last time I checked the Xbox runs more quietly and cooler than the PS4.....

PS4= 50 degrees at 52 db

X1=38 degrees and 41 db

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWwzNwEFM2M

Edit: The Xbox does use quite a bit more power though, but that's because of the tech in the Kinect sensor. Despite drawing more power it has been engineered to run cool and be ultimately "whisper quiet".

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

How are we supposed to know?

Good answer good answer!!!!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gue1

The Xbone is inferior to the PS4 at every single thing yet it costs $100 more. What a shame!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

Uhm, last time I checked the Xbox runs more quietly and cooler than the PS4.....

PS4= 50 degrees at 52 db

X1=38 degrees and 41 db

So quieter, cooler and less power. Hmmm insert funny backfired gif now.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

PS4= 50 degrees at 52 db

X1=38 degrees and 41 db

I think he's using the Eurogamer numbers, which give X1 at 49 C 41 db and PS4 at 44C 41db

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Tormentos, you couldn't be a bigger nerd. It's quite a feat, even on a gaming forum.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

I know you consolites don't know much about hardware but unless you are in the 80s you have nothing to worry about. So yeah this thread is pointless.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tormentos

@Crypt_mx said:

PS4= 50 degrees at 52 db

X1=38 degrees and 41 db

Edit: The Xbox does use quite a bit more power though, but that's because of the tech in the Kinect sensor. Despite drawing more power it has been engineered to run cool and be ultimately "whisper quiet".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-hardware-test

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hardware-test-playstation-4

Digital Foundry tested both and the PS4 ran cooler and Richard Leadbetter if far from a PS fan,in fact most recently he has been accuse to favoring MS on its demented theories about performance.

Oh but the PS4 should run not just hotter much hotter than the xbox,is uses more watts is more powerful and has a build in power supply which also generate heats,have to wonder how much cooler it would be with a power brick like the xbox one and a huge case with allot of room to bread.

@tdkmillsy said:

@Crypt_mx said:

PS4= 50 degrees at 52 db

X1=38 degrees and 41 db

So quieter, cooler and less power. Hmmm insert funny backfired gif now.

It didn't back fire read my links,i didn't post them because the argument wasn't who runs cooler,it was about the xbox one update causing even more heat.

But i guess the topic was to hard for some lemming,only in very few times i see such an anal response from lemmings and some hermits to that hide their lemming costume in their closet.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@tormentos said:

Because now while using 90% of the power for gaming it runs at 49 Degrees Celsius while consuming 125 watts,but with the update that will free 8% of the reservation,the console will now use 98% of its power for games,will this increase the already high temperature even more.?

The PS4 for comparison use 131 watts while gaming,but it keeps a 44 Degree celsius temperature.

funny. my PS4 runs hotter playing knack (which isn't even resource heavy like killzone) then my X1 does running ryse or DR3. also its quieter.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

49 C is naff all dude unless you are hitting 70 c or above it's not a problem, why do you make an issue out of 'non issues' is beyond me,lol

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

the hotter it gets the faster you'll be able to cook eggs on it. that's a plus in my book, at least the system will serve for something

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

As long as it doesn't start artifacting or RROD2 I dont care.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

damn for a 40 years old moron this thread is lame,looks like someone doesn't get attention from the family at home.that's why gamespot 24/7 lol.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

@lostrib said:

who the **** cares

Pretty much.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i'm not sure if the update would affect temperature. i imagine microsoft would not exceed the thermal headroom they allowed themselves during testing.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#27 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

tc you really are stupid...

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

OOOHHH MYYY GAAAWWDD!!!! IT RUNS AT 49 CELSIUSS!!? MMYYY GAAAWWDD!! IT'S NOT LIKE HARDWARE COMPONENTS ARE DESIGNED TO WITHSTAND FAR GREATER THERMAL LIMITS!

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

This is pathetic...even for you.

@Bishop1310 said:

@tormentos: So do you have one and does it get that hot? Mine runs pretty damn quiet and never gets really hot. Warm yes but never hot.. If you have one and it's "hot" maybe think about re-locating it.

Tormentos doesnt actually own an X1 OR a PS4. He just likes to spend his time here waiting for news....so he can spill his usual nonsensical diatribe.

My X1 hasnt been turned off since january 8th and its still not reached a temperature close to that of my 360 or PS3.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tormentos

@Tessellation said:

damn for a 40 years old moron this thread is lame,looks like someone doesn't get attention from the family at home.that's why gamespot 24/7 lol.

At least i have a family do you know any woman other than your mom.?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 delta3074

@cfisher2833 said:

OOOHHH MYYY GAAAWWDD!!!! IT RUNS AT 49 CELSIUSS!!? MMYYY GAAAWWDD!! IT'S NOT LIKE HARDWARE COMPONENTS ARE DESIGNED TO WITHSTAND FAR GREATER THERMAL LIMITS!

The thermal junction maximum for my PC's CPU (intel celeron gs40 (sandybridge) dual core, 32nm) is 102 c and it constantly runs between 50-60 c quite happily, 49 c is eff all really.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tormentos

@always_explicit said:

@Bishop1310 said:

Tormentos doesnt actually own an X1 OR a PS4. He just likes to spend his time here waiting for news....so he can spill his usual nonsensical diatribe.

My X1 hasnt been turned off since january 8th and its still not reached a temperature close to that of my 360 or PS3.

Which is funny because you say the PS4 games are boring and sh** and you don't own a PS4...lol

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 always_explicit

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

You really do not have a solid enough foundation to be playing the "I am less of a loser than you" game.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tormentos
@delta3074 said:

@cfisher2833 said:

The thermal junction maximum for my PC's CPU (intel celeron gs40 (sandybridge) dual core, 32nm) is 102 c and it constantly runs between 50-60 c quite happily, 49 c is eff all really.

Is not a big deal i was asking something and all you lemmings went anal,and your Sandy Bridge has better cooling that most consoles get,on a much bigger case,PC cases in most cases are made so that the internal parts can stay cooler there is no point in comparing your CPU vs one on consoles.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tormentos
@always_explicit said:

You really do not have a solid enough foundation to be playing the "I am less of a loser than you" game.

Neither do you but you don't have to play we all know you are a bigger looser,who chose crappy games and a $500 dollar console because you are a fanboy..lol

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Oh my God a 5 degree difference HAHAHA fucking loser lembots have been owned, good thread tormentos!

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 always_explicit

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

@Bishop1310 said:

Which is funny because you say the PS4 games are boring and sh** and you don't own a PS4...lol

Your response doesnt even relate to the text you have highlighted in my post. I said you talk nonsense....and you dont own either console.

Its my opinion that the PS4 is dull and unispiring and the launch lineup has been lacklustre particularly when you consider the disappointing Knack and the delayed Driveclub. The console at present does not offer any software or features that meet the needs of my entire family unit in the same way that the Xbox One does.

If the PS4 launched with a decent driving sim, some good children's games and half of the features that were featured on the PS3 it might have been a more difficult decision for me as a consumer.

Of course there is no point having an in depth conversation with you about the finer details of both consoles as you dont have any real first hand experience and would have to consult eurogamer, GAF or Metacritic to formulate an opinion. Creating a topic about the heat of two consoles you dont own is amusing to me.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By delta3074

@tormentos said:
@delta3074 said:

@cfisher2833 said:

Is not a big deal i was asking something and all you lemmings went anal,and your Sandy Bridge has better cooling that most consoles get,on a much bigger case,PC cases in most cases are made so that the internal parts can stay cooler there is no point in comparing your CPU vs one on consoles.

it's not about the cooling, it's about the thermal junction max, most modern chips can easily take temperatures up to 60-70 c i there stride, the point is that you tried to make an issue over something that really isn't an issue at all, does it really matter if the XB1 runs at a higher temperature than the Ps4? i could understand if it was going to cause issues with reliability but it won't.

The XB1 actually draws less power which means the chip actually produces less heat than the chip in the Ps4, the Ps4 is obviously more efficient at removing the heat than the XB1.

What you have to remember tormentos is that it wasn't Heat that was causing the 360 to RROD, it was Cyclic heat damage, The GPU went from cool to hot and back to cool ( massive variations in heat) too quickly which over time warps the substrate layer which cracks the ball joints,, the actual root of the problem was the substrate layer itself not the Heat the GPU was producing or the cooling, the last model of the old 360 sported a completely different material for it's substrate layer and Hardware failures dropped to below 5% because of that, one could argue that they took TOO long to fix the Problem and i would agree with that But things can be a lot more complicated in the real world, the 360's GPU only hit 82 c on average so it obviously wasn't the main problem

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 always_explicit

@tormentos said:
@always_explicit said:

Neither do you but you don't have to play we all know you are a bigger looser,who chose crappy games and a $500 dollar console because you are a fanboy..lol

Who exactly is "we all"???....you and all the friends you have on system wars???.....please.

Im not a fanboy, I have a family and spend my disposable income on a product that meets the needs of my entire family unit.

Il buy a PS4....if and when I want one.

That time will come when some games are released that I want. If the PS4 released with Crash bandicoot, a racing game that can compete with forza and one of these amazing exclusives everyone worships SONY for then I might have considered it.

Boring PS4 is boring. The temperature is probably the most exciting thing about it.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

If i was 40 with kids and a wife,i won't be posting on a gaming forum defending a plastic object lol loser.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Snugenz said:

If you care so much about the console just buy one.

He cares more about the PS4 and he doesn't even own that one. I doubt the loser will ever own a 8th gen console.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 delta3074

@Tessellation said:

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

If i was 40 with kids and a wife,i won't be posting on a gaming forum defending a plastic object lol loser.

i am 39 with kids, trust me, you take any escapism you can get your hands on, you are obviously a young man with no responsibilities who wouldn't even understand what it means to be a father with children so you should really stop throwing something you know absolutely nothing about in his face dude.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@always_explicit said:

How would you know either of the consoles games are crappy or not El Tormented? You've played neither systems games nor do you own one. You're truely one of the biggest losers I've ever seen on SWs.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gue1

@Tessellation:

why is it that you only come out when someone attacks the Xbone? Doesn't that make you incredibly butthurt? LoL, I mean, just look at how angry you're at this thread. Can't you sleep at night knowing that someone is bashing M$? XD

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

"can the xbox get any hotter?"

asks the tc while typing one handed.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@Tessellation said:

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

i am 39 with kids, trust me, you take any escapism you can get your hands on, you are obviously a young man with no responsibilities who wouldn't even understand what it means to be a father with children so you should really stop throwing something you know absolutely nothing about in his face dude.

Nobody is saying that older people shouldn't play videogames, but trolling forums is just childish and immature.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gue1

Someday M$ will be able to make a console just as good as Sony's. Just keep waiting for it... Meanwhile, please don't be butthurt lems. ;)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

@Tessellation said:

Now 1 million respect points it takes guts to defend some one as annoying as me.. :-)

And you are 100% right..

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tormentos: Can Tormentos get more stupid?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tormentos
@Tessellation said:

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

You claim...hahaha...

I know you get get mad because i make a fool out of you,but picking with ones family is sad it just show that i hit a good nerve there...Or that you are having one of those meltdowns,either way you are a sad troll who don't even argue any more and just insult people,at least Stormy,Delta,sts106mats,Kuu2,Blackace replay with something other than a post without quoting any one just to insult people..lol