Will the next round of Microsoft and Sony systems have......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxHoosierdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XxHoosierdaddy
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

A 1080p, 60 FPS standard? Thats all I ask for.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

A 1080p, 60 FPS standard? Thats all I ask for.

XxHoosierdaddy
I think it is a a real possibility for 1080p, but I doubt you will ever get a constant 60FPS for ever game that would come out for the console. Well that is unless they kept all the games the same and never improved in graphic quality.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Nah, my GTX480 can barley do that with GTA4. I doubt console's will they have to market to a broad audience = cheaper product = inferior product.
Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

Ya c'mon. Even the Dreamcast did 60fps. That's why I snuggle with mine

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Nah, my GTX480 can barley do that with GTA4. I doubt console's will they have to market to a broad audience = cheaper product = inferior product.

GTA4 is not heavy on the GPU at all. So yea that is not a good example at all.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61543 Posts

1080p will be standard and it'll likely be a mix of 30 and 60fps games.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Ya c'mon. Even the Dreamcast did 60fps. That's why I snuggle with mine

Raymundo_Manuel

N64 had one 60 FPS game F-Zero X. GCN had a lot of 60 FPS games like F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and Rogue Squadron 3: Rogue Leader (If I'm not mistaken.) The Wii has a lot of 60 FPS games aswell like Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, FlingSmash (Not out yet), and some other first party games.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
when most cant even do 720p standard than i dont know? I would take pc hardware with all the great games that you find on consoles that you do not always see on pc and add in a controller. I know its do able for some games now but im not interested.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

1080P? Hmm, it would be nice to have gone to higher resolutions by then.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61543 Posts

_Matt_

Agreed, but the difficulty of that is the amount of 1080p TV's on the market. 1080p will likely last a while.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

1080p, 60 fps lock (meaning 60 fps in ideal conditions). Maybe we'll see lower resolutions and framerates when the time will pass and they will start squeezing that last drop of power out of them.

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

The framerate would depend more on the games than the system like games now (there are games that run 60fps constant but most don't). They are going to push the limit with what they have so there's no way they are going to pull off constant framerates unless the game's dumbed down for performance.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
60 fps not for every game but 1080p yes i want that.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

lundy86_4

Agreed, but the difficulty of that is the amount of 1080p TV's on the market. 1080p will likely last a while.

True, but pc monitors have gone higher resolutions for years, there is nothing stopping televisions increasing resolution apart from there is no current drive for a larger resolution. If a new generation of consoles all allowed higher resolutions, they would start to drive the development of higher resolution tellys. I don't know, Im no expert, just my thoughts on it! Haha.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#15 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

when most cant even do 720p standard than i dont know? I would take pc hardware with all the great games that you find on consoles that you do not always see on pc and add in a controller. I know its do able for some games now but im not interested. xbox360isgr8t

This.

Most games these days dont even run in native 720p let alone 1080. But are wierd resolutions we've never heard of upscaled by the hardware.

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

_Matt_

True, but pc monitors have gone higher resolutions for years, there is nothing stopping televisions increasing resolution apart from there is no current drive for a larger resolution. If a new generation of consoles all allowed higher resolutions, they would start to drive the development of higher resolution tellys. I don't know, Im no expert, just my thoughts on it! Haha.

Thing is you usually sit directly in front of a monitor while you usually sit away from a TV. You wouldn't notice a difference with the distance most people sit from their TVs unless it was a huuuuuge jump in resolution.
Buriz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Buriz
Member since 2010 • 160 Posts

Both microsoft and Sony have stated that they have no plans to release another console for another 5 or so years.

I can only hope that Nintendo decides to come out with a Wii 2 in a year or 2, with modern hardware. Someone needs to get the next-generationconsole ball moving.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Ilikemyname420

Thing is you usually sit directly in front of a monitor while you usually sit away from a TV. You wouldn't notice a difference with the distance most people sit from their TVs unless it was a huuuuuge jump in resolution.

Good point my friend, I hadn't thought of that.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

_Matt_

PC monitors have almost been going DOWN in resolutions as more and more are topping out at 1080P and it seems like only a few models left go above that, other than some IPS panels that go for $1000. (i know there's some cheaper TN panels that still do 1900 x 1200) I had a NEC CRT monitor that was greater than 1080P and that was like 10 years ago before I even knew what 1080P was, and it wasn't even bought for gaming, just for general desktop computing. Nowadays it seems like PC monitors are also adopting 1080P more and more especially for general use monitors. It seems to me (no source) that demand from graphics professionals and gamers are basically all that's keeping high resolution monitors going whereas you might have thought that yesterday's "high resolution" monitors would be standard by today.. It might be that high resolutions on LCD panels are more expensive than CRT days, I don't really know. At least you never see any 640x480 monitors anymore LOL.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

2Chalupas

PC monitors have almost been going DOWN in resolutions as more and more are topping out at 1080P and it seems like only a few models left go above that, other than some IPS panels that go for $1000. (i know there's some cheaper TN panels that still do 1900 x 1200) I had a NEC CRT monitor that was greater than 1080P and that was like 10 years ago before I even knew what 1080P was, and it wasn't even bought for gaming, just for general desktop computing. Nowadays it seems like PC monitors are also adopting 1080P more and more especially for general use monitors. It seems to me (no source) that demand from graphics professionals and gamers are basically all that's keeping high resolution monitors going whereas you might have thought that yesterday's "high resolution" monitors would be standard by today.. It might be that high resolutions on LCD panels are more expensive than CRT days, I don't really know. At least you never see any 640x480 monitors anymore LOL.

hmm, makes sense. I recently bought a monitor for my new pc, and I was wanting a 1920 x 1200 resolution monitor, but they cost about £90 more than a 1080p monitor so i ended up just getting a 1080p monitor.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Microsofts will be some variation of Kinect, so I'll go with the Sony one--which again will produce console graphics king after console graphics king, confirmed.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 inggrish

Microsofts will be some variation of Kinect, so I'll go with the Sony one--which again will produce console graphics king after console graphics king, confirmed.

Heirren

hmm i disagree, I think M$ will learn that no buttons is a dumb idea. However, I also feel that the new Microsoft console will hit the market a good year or so before the next playstation, and thus the next playstation will have superior hardware, meaning thats where I am going to find my next console! ;)

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

_Matt_

hmm i disagree, I think M$ will learn that no buttons is a dumb idea. However, I also feel that the new Microsoft console will hit the market a good year or so before the next playstation, and thus the next playstation will have superior hardware, meaning thats where I am going to find my next console! ;)

Consoles will not support anything more than 1080p as TV's dont support anything higher, at least not for the mass market although they will both implement 3D properly and have the power to run the games at 1080p without sacrificing graphics.

Microsoft, I personally think we will see a quad core cpu (quite possibly an amd ati CPu+GPU on a singlechip),1GB, possibly 2GB of systemram and a 1TB HD for digital downloads. Disc format is a trickier one as I dont think Microsoft will use a Blu Ray drive and the DVD disc capacitywill be to small by then unless they offer mutli disc install to HD ala PC but this defeats the purpose of a console. I think price will be £299 with £229 as a starter system.

Sony, who knows what hardware they will come up with this time! I think they will go for a similar approach to current PC Standards this time to make it easier to program for and get the system out the door cheaper. They would certainly keep the Blu Ray drive and I think they will move to a paid for revamped PSN for the new console. Sony system price will be around £299 this time, possibly £329 as they know the console wont sell in significant numbers with a high priceas the PS3 proved.

I honestly dont think the systems will have much to choose between them as we are now in the HD era and its gonna be more a refining of the technology used than pioneering something new. In this respect Nintendo will have to really get the console specs right as the casual gamer does not care about graphics.

Wrong post quoted!!

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I think the idea of "standard" is not achievable, simply 'cause a lot of it comes down to the developer.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'm sure 1080p at 60 fps steady fps can be done on a next-gen console. How much would it cost though and would it sell to the masses?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

1080p will be standard and it'll likely be a mix of 30 and 60fps games.

lundy86_4

Agreed. Next gen will be about getting 1080p standard, and then more action on the screen at once.

EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EdenProxy
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

No for the 60fpr standard. Hech 60fps is possible now however the devs always settle with 30 so they can improve graphics.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

ccagracing

Consoles will not support anything more than 1080p as TV's dont support anything higher, at least not for the mass market although they will both implement 3D properly and have the power to run the games at 1080p without sacrificing graphics.

Microsoft, I personally think we will see a quad core cpu (quite possibly an amd ati CPu+GPU on a singlechip),1GB, possibly 2GB of systemram and a 1TB HD for digital downloads. Disc format is a trickier one as I dont think Microsoft will use a Blu Ray drive and the DVD disc capacitywill be to small by then unless they offer mutli disc install to HD ala PC but this defeats the purpose of a console. I think price will be £299 with £229 as a starter system.

Sony, who knows what hardware they will come up with this time! I think they will go for a similar approach to current PC Standards this time to make it easier to program for and get the system out the door cheaper. They would certainly keep the Blu Ray drive and I think they will move to a paid for revamped PSN for the new console. Sony system price will be around £299 this time, possibly £329 as they know the console wont sell in significant numbers with a high priceas the PS3 proved.

I honestly dont think the systems will have much to choose between them as we are now in the HD era and its gonna be more a refining of the technology used than pioneering something new. In this respect Nintendo will have to really get the console specs right as the casual gamer does not care about graphics.

Wrong post quoted!!

Those tech spec predictions seem quite reasonable.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

It's quite possible that 1080 will be the standard next go around although I see devs dropping to 720 to get the maximum amount of visuals out of it or to appease more demanding games.

If I were a console gamer I'd be more concerned how much the platform is gonna cost, how much it'll cost to play online, and how much the games will cost. I have a gut feeling that Microsoft is gonna pull out something new for the next XBL to nickel and dime consumers even more. That's what I would be most worried about.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
only if they cost $500 or more otherwise they will be 720p. It costs far to much to make a 1080p system that can do that 5 years down the track.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44702 Posts
it really depends on developers, we could have games that do that now on current consoles if they wanted it to
D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

Many PC's have trouble with 60fps 1080p at the moment. 1080 will be a standard resolution by the time the next gen comes. But to acheive 60fps the resolution will need to be lower (Look at COD; low res, small FOV) or skimp on other features.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

If I were a console gamer I'd be more concerned how much the platform is gonna cost, how much it'll cost to play online, and how much the games will cost. I have a gut feeling that Microsoft is gonna pull out something new for the next XBL to nickel and dime consumers even more. That's what I would be most worried about.

Mystic-G

I don't think Sony is gonna charge for online next gen. They have really no reason too, they have plenty of micro transactions in their business model to turn a profit on the psn without a subscription charge.