Will the next generation of gamers remember a good Nintendo?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45098 Posts

I mean when I was growing up Nintendo was amazing. The NES and SNES were legendary devices that gamers of that time will never forget. Don't forget the Gameboy too. But what about the next generation? People who grew up with Wii/Wii U. Will it still have the same imprint on them? I ask you SW since you know absolutely everything.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Nintendo is a lot better now than they were during the NES/SNES era.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

well....in the 80s we had a mario cartoons....mario tv shows....mario toys everywhere...mario movies(the wizard)

obviously the new generation will not be the same.

as for the games though....thats the same quality.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Of course. Nintendo still puts out a good number of quality titles. They'll be around for the long haul, just not on their own hardware.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

lol

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@scottpsfan14 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

It's people like you that will see to it that Nintendo dies.

Yeah, it's the people who buy the Nintendo products that are going to kill Nintendo.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Probably not. I already think 90's babies missed out, so I can't imagine being a y2k baby and getting stuck with gen 6 + Nintendo for a childhood.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Gue1 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

lol

So uh... what's the deal? What do you guys think is wrong with what he said?

If you're looking at it from the perspective that Nintendo doesn't bring highly competitive console hardware to the market then sure.

Nintendo as a game developer though is light years beyond their NES/SNES efforts. The SNES is my all time favorite console, easily. But it was mostly due to having killer 3rd party support.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Based on what?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PurpleMan5000

Yeah, most of the best games on the SNES/NES were not made by Nintendo. I could only imagine how much fun a game like Super Mario 3D World or Galaxy would be to a kid. Heck, even Skyward Sword. I was stuck with the NES version of The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros 3, while an amazing game for its time, simply is not as good as the 3D Mario games. It's not even as good as NSMBU.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Yeah, most of the best games on the SNES/NES were not made by Nintendo. I could only imagine how much fun a game like Super Mario 3D World or Galaxy would be to a kid. Heck, even Skyward Sword. I was stuck with the NES version of The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros 3, while an amazing game for its time, simply is not as good as the 3D Mario games. It's not even as good as NSMBU.

You'll be castrated for saying that, but I was just thinking the same thing.

I love Super Metroid, LttP, SMW, etc.. as much as the next guy, but putting my intense nostalgia aside, Nintendo games have only gotten MUCH better. Yoshis Island is the one anomaly from the SNES that I believe Nintendo has yet to surpass in 2d platforming.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#14  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@ConanTheStoner said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Gue1 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

lol

If you're looking at it from the perspective that Nintendo doesn't bring highly competitive console hardware to the market then sure.

Nintendo as a game developer though is light years beyond their NES/SNES efforts. The SNES is my all time favorite console, easily. But it was mostly due to having killer 3rd party support.

I wouldn't say "light years" ahead, but I might have to agree with this somewhat. I, for one, wasn't a Nintendo fan until the GameCube era. I loved the SNES before that, but most of the games I loved on it were third-party games. When it came to first-party games, I didn't start getting into Nintendo games until the GameCube era, around which time I also rediscovered many of the N64 classics I previously missed out on in the PS1 era. I think the lack of third-party support since the N64 era, in a way, forced Nintendo to up their game when it came to their first-party software.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: You wont see much dissention from "the flock" over this one. They wont admit that Nintendo has fallen in prominence. You're already seeing people say "Nintendo is better than evarrr" etc etc etc. They even defended the wii era when Nintendo effectively turned its back on them all.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PurpleMan5000

During the NES era, Nintendo made games like Wrecking Crew. There were some gems, sure, but they put out a lot of bad games, too. Even a game like Super Mario Bros had some WTF moments. Did anybody actually get through the castle in World 7 without consulting some sort of guide? If so, how?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ConanTheStoner

@Jag85 said:

I wouldn't say "light years" ahead, but I might have to agree with this somewhat. I, for one, wasn't a Nintendo fan until the GameCube era. I loved the SNES before that, but most of the games I loved on it were also third-party games. When it came to first-party games, I didn't start getting into Nintendo games until the GameCube era, around which time I also rediscovered many of the N64 classics I previously missed out on in the PS1 era. I think the lack of third-party support since the N64 era, in a way, forced Nintendo to up their game when it came to their first-party software.

Well yeah, light years is an obvious exaggeration, but you get the point.

I was with Nintendo from the start and I always loved their 1st party games. Outside of maybe a couple of exceptions though, they've only gotten better and better.

Lack of exclusive 3rd party support can do wonders for a 1st party. We saw it with Sony and the PS3 last gen. Nintendo is even worse off with a lack of 3rd party in general and for such a prolonged amount of time.

On average I'd say Nintendo games aren't nearly as creative as they used to be (this can be said of the industry as a whole really), but they still deliver the quality and quantity in increasing amounts.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

you are in the minority on that one

@SolidGame_basic said:

I mean when I was growing up Nintendo was amazing. The NES and SNES were legendary devices that gamers of that time will never forget. Don't forget the Gameboy too. But what about the next generation? People who grew up with Wii/Wii U. Will it still have the same imprint on them? I ask you SW since you know absolutely everything.

as long as the handheld is around, the reputation wont be totally tarnished or forgotten.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ConanTheStoner

@PurpleMan5000 said:

During the NES era, Nintendo made games like Wrecking Crew. There were some gems, sure, but they put out a lot of bad games, too. Even a game like Super Mario Bros had some WTF moments. Did anybody actually get through the castle in World 7 without consulting some sort of guide? If so, how?

Luck and patience for me lol.

@DocSanchez said:

@SolidGame_basic: You wont see much dissention from "the flock" over this one. They wont admit that Nintendo has fallen in prominence. You're already seeing people say "Nintendo is better than evarrr" etc etc etc. They even defended the wii era when Nintendo effectively turned its back on them all.

We can really break this down game by game man. It's not so hard.

I can't say Nintendo turned their back on me with the Wii when the 1st party output was pretty fucking great. The system had more shovelware than any Nintendo system to date, but that doesn't negate the list of great games it also had.

Please, no vague answers. How did Nintendo become worse in your opinion?

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Ummm have you heard of the 3DS / DS? Fun for all but kids absolutely love em.... and they will soon grow up and be the next generation of gamers.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

It's so easy to blame Nintendo for everything. Blaming Nintendo for having stronger competition now than they did back then is essentially were this thread will be heading, though nobody will put it so bluntly.

Nintendo has considerably better output these days, but they'll never stand out the way that they used to. Gaming has come a long way and the competition is strong.

To pretend that the NES and SNES have anything on current Nintendo is just laughable though.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PurpleMan5000

@jsmoke03 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Can you name some games that Nintendo made during those eras that are better than the games they are putting out today?

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: I did. I was 3 when I first beat it and I didn't know how to read (I had just moved to NY from Puerto Rico) so I couldn't have consulted one if I wanted to.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DocSanchez

@ConanTheStoner: I wont give you vague answers, no fear about that. I know you're probably worth an explanation and wont give me a load of insults back.

I had a wii. I bought it at the end of the generation in order to mop up the best the console had to offer, and there really wasn't much at all for me. Galaxy was very good, but overrated. Not the best game of the generation, not even close. Great platforming, not my favourite genre, but nevertheless, finely crafted by the experts of it. Skyward Sword was awful for me. I was at that point used to playing HD action adventures, and I don't get nostalgic over Zelda despite playing them since Links Awakening way back. If you released the game on PC with a brand new team and character people would laugh. What else was there?

By virtue of the lack of new games, Nintendo is getting worse, because their first party is getting so so stale. Are you not bored of 2d mario platformers by now? It's been done. So many times. I wanted to have a few good months at the end of the generation experiencing the best the wii had to offer, and it lasted a very short time. The only games I liked enough to play through were Galaxy and Xenoblade.

When I did this end of gen console buying with gamecube, the console lasted me a lot longer. Resi 4, Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, I built up a rather nifty library. Wii had a distinct lack of mature titles, and I consider madworld the least mature game in existence as it is trying too hard. Might not matter to some, but it certainly does to me. Do you remember E3 2008? The bragging about OAP sales, finishing up with Wii Music? The announcement "core gamers were hungry for", another animal crossing game changed little since the N64? That wasn't for the people who had supported Nintendo all these years, and although never a diehard, I had been one considering I'd owned a few of their consoles up to that point. They had a gimmicky controller which made games worse. And this gen, they have a gimmicky controller which makes games worse. It's not as bad, but its clunky and would be better without the screen which has not been used properly.

I remember Nintendo during the 16bit era, and I respected SNES a lot. It had third party titles, it had the best racers on console, it had the best RPGs on console, the games looked superior. Since then, every single year Nintendo is falling further behind in every single one of the things that matter to me. Third party support is getting worse, graphical deficiencies are getting wider, and the range of genres catered to is getting worse too. I look on the shelves at the wii u and there is nothing there at the minute remotely making me think twice about buying one. Another 3D mario which looks like it was cobbled together in response to criticism. Fun, but in no way original, or console affirming. Mario Kart, again. Some niche titles like pikmin. Dress that and W101 up all you like, but they're like indie games, they're 10 a penny even on ios.

The wii first party represented a lazy nod to the hardcore Nintendo fan. It was the same stuff as ever, and if you're fine with the same franchises as the previous gen, that's fine, but I'm not. People have a decent point when they say other franchises are pimped more in a shorter space of time, Uncharted and Gears of War are already worn out after one gen, but when there is little else being released, you can't write off stale franchises.

And look at all the new IPs Sony introduced last gen. Uncharted, GoW, Last of Us, Little Big Planet, Infamous. Even the Souls series started on PS last gen. Some of the biggest games of the gen, brand new. At the apex of the gen. And that's without third party.

I just think they have to change things up. They did address some criticisms I had of zelda (SS was really really stale) by making it open world and big but honestly, would it have killed them to create a brand new franchise out of it? A toad platformer? A yarn version of a yoshi platformer? This is winning people over? Nah. It's the same people being placated, and they're just not going to be enough.

Suspect you might see things differently as people have their own likes, but I'm at least justified in saying, for me, they get less appealing every single gen. I was planning on getting one right at the end to buy the best games. I'm still waiting for one I can't miss out on. One.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Renegade_Fury

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Can you name some games that Nintendo made during those eras that are better than the games they are putting out today?

I don't understand this argument. The question is about the effect of living in the eras, not comparing third/fourth gen games to eighth gen games and judging by eighth gen game standards. Back then, Nintendo was the biggest face of gaming, and they were providing extremely revolutionary software that was praised, not just by Nintendo fans, but by all gamers. You could also get away with having a Nintendo system as your primary, because guess what? They actually had third party games. Today, Nintendo is seen as the third wheel, and with games like Minecraft around and all the shiny AAA stuff being only playable on their competitors' systems, kids don't need to grow up with Nintendo anymore. Nintendo is actually concerned about this change themselves, because I have heard this topic being mentioned by them before.

On a personal note, there are games like Mega Man 1-7, X1-X3, Super Metroid, Sparkster, OoT, MM and so on that I would and do take over what Nintendo offers on their current systems.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner

@DocSanchez:

Haha, definitely not a vague answer, I don't even have the time to read and respond to it right now.

Not ignoring it either though, I'll give it a read here shortly. Gotta get dinner ready for the family.

Taco night yo!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45098 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I don't understand this argument. The question is about the effect of living in the eras, not comparing third/fourth gen games to eighth gen games and judging by eighth gen game standards. Back then, Nintendo was the biggest face of gaming, and they were providing extremely revolutionary software that was praised, not just by Nintendo fans, but by all gamers. You could also get away with having a Nintendo system as your primary, because guess what? They actually had third party games. Today, Nintendo is seen as the third wheel, and with games like Minecraft around and all the shiny AAA stuff being only playable on their competitors' systems, kids don't need to grow up with Nintendo anymore. Nintendo is actually concerned about this change themselves, because I have heard this topic being mentioned by them before.

On a personal note, there are games like Mega Man 1-7, X1-X3, Super Metroid, OoT, MM and so on that I would and do take over what Nintendo offers on their current systems.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with what I was getting at when I started the OP.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DocSanchez

@ConanTheStoner: No problems. I'm just typing to stop me from going to bed, I really don't want to go to work tomorrow.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#29 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Nintendo are still just as good, but no a days there are competitors who invest more $$$ in their product than back in 90s. New Generations wont remember a time when Nintendo consoles were seen as a Primary console.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Nintendos better than ever? Really?

Their software output has become increasingly predictable, safe, and conservative as time has passed. They now rely evermore upon tried and true (and tired) IPs and when they do put out new games they are very fiscally conservative. How many new IPs has Nintendo put out that are on the eshop that could be named by many who aren't Nintendo fans?

Nintendo ignores legendary IPs, yea I know the apologists' line that they've swallowed, hook, line and sinker to excuse this, as there's always an excuse for everything the infallible Nintendo does: "they don't sell" (said as if Nintendo's mediocre performance as a business holds no bearing on that, no that COULDN'T be it, it's the market and the dude-bro gamer's fault).

Nintendo used to make great games such as Eternal Darkness, Goldeneye64 (the game that birthed the dudebro), Perfect Dark. They were once a company that attempted to cater to the older demographic with such titles. Now they don't even try.

Yea there's some new IPs shown this E3 but they're more niche than ever before.

And finally, they don't compete. A company that doesn't compete is essentially conceding defeat before even trying and tuck-tailing and running to find a safe place where it can perform by its own subpar standards. A company that fails to compete head-on is never as good as one that does.

Nintendo is in no way a better company today then it once was, even game wise. There's a reason they're performing so poorly currently.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#31 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@thehig1:

the choice wasn't hard again Sega

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: yeah especially since everything good for the NES and SNES is avalible on WiiU.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Remember... We're not kids (well.. some of us anyway).

Things looks VERY different out of the eyes of a kid compared to a working adult. Things that we've seen 1,000+ times will be seen for the first time for a kid.

Having said that.. the VG atmosphere is VERY different compared to the 1980's. Tablets, Smartphones, and inexpensive PC's (that can play low to moderate games with ease) are everywhere. Kids today have access to a lot more. So who knows what they think about Nintendo.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PurpleMan5000

@sHaDyCuBe321: really? I consulted a guide with pictures to finally do it and could not believe how complicated the pattern was. Did you make a map of everything that didn't work or did you just try like 1000 times and finally get lucky? That level is the equivalent of getting to the end of ocarina of time and having to win the chest game without the glass to proceed.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PurpleMan5000

I agree that Nintendo should publish more new IPs. It should be noted that it looks like they are publishing more than twice as many new IPs over the next 1.5 years as Sony or Microsoft, though.

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36 AugustEvans
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

Nintendo has m been terrible longer than they have been good. 96- 2014 = 18 years.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

He could have worded it better.. say, Nintendo's 1st party output is better than the SNES days. Which is true.

But the SNES as a whole is, and will probably forever be the greatest console of all times.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Nintendo is Nintendo....nothing more....nothing less.

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts

To me Nintendo have never been bad, just different from everyone else and that doesn't rest well with some people.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PurpleMan5000

@Lucianu said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

He could have worded it better.. say, Nintendo's 1st party output is better than the SNES days. Which is true.

But the SNES as a whole is, and will probably forever be the greatest console of all times.

I think you might be letting nostalgia get the best of you here. The Gamecube is the best Nintendo console, imo, but the Wii U is shaping up to maybe contend for that crown.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Their software output has become increasingly predictable, safe, and conservative as time has passed. They now rely evermore upon tried and true (and tired) IPs and when they do put out new games they are very fiscally conservative. How many new IPs has Nintendo put out that are on the eshop that could be named by many who aren't Nintendo fans?

Nintendo ignores legendary IPs, yea I know the apologists' line that they've swallowed, hook, line and sinker to excuse this, as there's always an excuse for everything the infallible Nintendo does: "they don't sell" (said as if Nintendo's mediocre performance as a business holds no bearing on that, no that COULDN'T be it, it's the market and the dude-bro gamer's fault).

Nintendo used to make great games such as Eternal Darkness, Goldeneye64 (the game that birthed the dudebro), Perfect Dark. They were once a company that attempted to cater to the older demographic with such titles. Now they don't even try.

And finally, they don't compete. A company that doesn't compete is essentially conceding defeat before even trying and tuck-tailing and running to find a safe place where it can perform by its own subpar standards. A company that fails to compete head-on is never as good as one that does.

Nintendo is in no way a better company today then it once was, even game wise. There's a reason they're performing so poorly currently.

Super Metroid

Mario World

Link to the Past

Mario Kart

Donkey Kong Country

Earthbound

Star Fox

Every game they made was a huge step up from the prior ones in every way with new ip's here an there but now? Zelda games has been the same shit since Ocarina of Time and only becoming more and more boring with the long ass tedious puzzles in each temple. Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc. all the same shit on Gamecube, Wii and Wii U.

Seriously, Nintendo innovated more when they were lacking in resources compared to having 3D and a bunch of stuff to expand the experience. But the worst offender is how much they gimped the difficulty in their modern games that are greatly lacking in any kind of challenging gameplay compared to their days on Nes, Snes and even N64.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The people who grow up with a Nintendo system in the house seem to love them here...
Of course (of course) I cannot psychicalogicalliuminatedly see what the other people in the world think.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PurpleMan5000

@Gue1 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Super Metroid

Mario World

Link to the Past

Mario Kart

Donkey Kong Country

Earthbound

Star Fox

Every game they made was a huge step up from the prior ones in every way with new ip's here an there but now? Zelda games has been the same shit since Ocarina of Time and only becoming more and more boring with the long ass tedious puzzles in each temple. Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc. all the same shit on Gamecube, Wii and Wii U. Seriously, Nintendo innovated more when they were lacking in resources compared to having 3D and a bunch of stuff to expand the experience. But the worst offender is how much they gimped the difficulty in their games newer games greatly lacking any kind of challenging gameplay compared to their days on Nes, Snes and even N64.

Super Mario 3D World

Mario Kart 8

Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze

Pikmin 3

Bayonetta 2

Devil's Third

NSMBU

Star Fox

Xenoblade 2

Captain Toad

Those are just games published by Nintendo within the first 3 years of the launch of the Wii U. This list is every bit as diverse and innovative as yours, and more challenging as well.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

you said "a lot better now than they were" is such a blanket statement.

if you are talking about technological no they arent.

if you are talking about quality, i can argue that those games at that time was better than the games that came out during these times. in some ways, their games today are behind. voice acting is one where they are lacking for damn sure. even some indie games have introduced better 2d platforming mechanics. they were revolutionary back in the days...and snes was rpg heavy back then. so take your pick

they had a better public perception back in the day compared to now. they werent the kiddie console despite sega's efforts

market share....they were in better position back then than they are now.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I was talking to a 14 year old who loved pc gaming and ps3 and 360 gaming. I told him I played Wii U and he looked at me like I had a fist growing out of my head.

But he also gave me the same look when I said metal gear solid was my fav game series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I feel bad for the upcoming generations. There aren't really any good consoles for younger children other than Nintendo. I'll be picking up a SNES for my kids so they can enjoy gaming the way I enjoyed it when I was their age.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@PonchoTaco said:

I feel bad for the upcoming generations. There aren't really any good consoles for younger children other than Nintendo. I'll be picking up a SNES for my kids so they can enjoy gaming the way I enjoyed it when I was their age.

Do it now while you still can find them

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Renegade_Fury

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

On a personal note, there are games like Mega Man 1-7, X1-X3, Super Metroid, OoT, MM and so on that I would and do take over what Nintendo offers on their current systems.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with what I was getting at when I started the OP.

Thanks. It baffles me how so many don't get (or don't want to get) the question that's really being asked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@PonchoTaco said:

Eh, I'll probably actually end up hooking an old laptop to the TV and buying them a few controllers to emulate.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

@MonsieurX said:
@PonchoTaco said:

Eh, I'll probably actually end up hooking an old laptop to the TV and buying them a few controllers to emulate.

Heresy!