Will the next generation of consoles get their first ever racing sim?

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I don't care if the racing games are sim or not. Just give me an awesome racing game, whether it be be Burnout or Forza.

speedfreak48t5p
This although I prefer sims a bit more. The most important thing is that the game is fun to play.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

Baffles the mind how many people miss the point of the thread. It's not meant for arcade racers, it's asking if the consoles will ever get a REAL RACING SIM and nothing else. I never knew English was so complicated.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 I_can_haz

Baffles the mind how many people miss the point of the thread. It's not meant for arcade racers, it's asking if the consoles will ever get a REAL RACING SIM and nothing else. I never knew English was so complicated.

percuvius2
:lol: What the hell is a "REAL RACING SIM"? There are sims and arcade racers. I don't recall the genre being divided into REAL, SEMI REAL, QUARTER REAL, and ARCADE? :lol: You sound butthurt about something. GT and Forza may not be the most realistic sims out there but they are still simulators. :cool: DEAL WITH IT.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

I_can_haz

:lol: What the hell is a "REAL RACING SIM"? There are sims and arcade racers. I don't recall the genre being divided into REAL, SEMI REAL, QUARTER REAL, and ARCADE? :lol: You sound butthurt about something. GT and Forza may not be the most realistic sims out there but they are still simulators. :cool: DEAL WITH IT.

If you don't know then please find a thread more suitable to your lack of sim racing knowledge. Forza and gt5 are GAMEPAD arcade racers.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Since the original poster is back, I'll ask again, why would the F1 series by Codemasters not count?percuvius2

Because it is simcade, I suppose you think Grid and Dirt are sims too, right? HAHAHA!

Not really, no, but F1 seems pretty solid. What isn't being simulated, or what's being simulated incorrectly?

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Since the original poster is back, I'll ask again, why would the F1 series by Codemasters not count?lowe0

Because it is simcade, I suppose you think Grid and Dirt are sims too, right? HAHAHA!

Not really, no, but F1 seems pretty solid. What isn't being stimulated, or what's being stimulated incorrectly?

Drive an F1 car in iRacing and then in codemasters arcade racer and comeback here.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]

percuvius2

Not really, no, but F1 seems pretty solid. What isn't being stimulated, or what's being stimulated incorrectly?

Drive an F1 car in iRacing and then in codemasters arcade racer and comeback here.

My iRacing sub has lapsed. I didn't drive the F1; did drive the IndyCar, but preferred the Star Mazda.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Not really, no, but F1 seems pretty solid. What isn't being stimulated, or what's being stimulated incorrectly?lowe0

My iRacing sub has lapsed. I didn't drive the F1; did drive the IndyCar, but preferred the Star Mazda.

Drive it in rFactor2 then.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lowe0

percuvius2

You're gong to make me dig that out of my box of discs in the closet, plus a DVD drive (my desktop doesn't have one) because you can't enumerate your problems with F1?
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]

percuvius2

If you don't know then please find a thread more suitable to your lack of sim racing knowledge. Forza and gt5 are GAMEPAD arcade racers.

:lol: and what is iRacing keyboard sim racer? Last I checked we can connect wheels to our PCs and consoles. It ain't 1989 anymore, I play GT5 with my racing wheel.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Since the original poster is back, I'll ask again, why would the F1 series by Codemasters not count?lowe0

Not really, no, but F1 seems pretty solid. What isn't being simulated, or what's being simulated incorrectly?

Yes they are simulated to a degree but its nothing on the level of some PC sim racers. Those games are for people to really get to the nitty gitty of setting up a car
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I don't care if the racing games are sim or not. Just give me an awesome racing game, whether it be be Burnout or Forza.

speedfreak48t5p

So you're saying NO to a new genre for your platform? 

No wonder you guys keep getting shoveled cod clones and movie games. 

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 clyde46

[QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"]

Jankarcop

To most, a hardcore sim is not fun.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

clyde46

I'll be one of those ppl.

Burnout ftw!

Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts

Project C.A.R.S is comming to consoles.

Consoles are more focused on arcade/simcade but its not like there are no sims at all.

Afterall we had RBR on PS2 and Xbox. And thats argubly best sim ever made.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#66 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

AznbkdX

I'll be one of those ppl.

Burnout ftw!

*high five*
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

clyde46
This!

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] My iRacing sub has lapsed. I didn't drive the F1; did drive the IndyCar, but preferred the Star Mazda. lowe0

You're gong to make me dig that out of my box of discs in the closet, plus a DVD drive (my desktop doesn't have one) because you can't enumerate your problems with F1?

Don't really care at all what you do to be honest and I already answered your question about codemasters.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]:lol: What the hell is a "REAL RACING SIM"? There are sims and arcade racers. I don't recall the genre being divided into REAL, SEMI REAL, QUARTER REAL, and ARCADE? :lol: You sound butthurt about something. GT and Forza may not be the most realistic sims out there but they are still simulators. :cool: DEAL WITH IT.I_can_haz

:lol: and what is iRacing keyboard sim racer? Last I checked we can connect wheels to our PCs and consoles. It ain't 1989 anymore, I play GT5 with my racing wheel.

Show off that stupididty, it's very entertaining. Why don't you educate yourself and try playing iRacing with a keyboard and see what happens at the configure controls screen. You should go back to your gamepad and need for speed because you're clueless what a real sim is all about. gt5 was designed around a gamepad, FACT.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 percuvius2

Project C.A.R.S is comming to consoles.

Consoles are more focused on arcade/simcade but its not like there are no sims at all.

Afterall we had RBR on PS2 and Xbox. And thats argubly best sim ever made.

Magik85

Problem with pCars is that it's from the makers of the arcade racer Shift series, it'll be simcade and so far the best sim racer ever is hands down iRacing.

MasterX666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MasterX666
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts

[QUOTE="MasterX666"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]

Do you think consoles will move from the current arcade and simcade world of driving and racing sims and move into the real racing simulator genre and support all the extra hardware that goes with it?

the_bi99man

DUDE!!! I test drove a Lambo on a race track. Only difference from GT5 to real life is that in GT5 when you lose control it's because you kept the throttle trying to correct the car...You don't take that chance in a real Lambo...That's it that's all kids....I'm 33 and i know how to drive... So take it from me... GT5 is as close as it gets for now. Until GT6 that is!!!! PS to haters: NO I DID NOT TRY GTR ON PC ( SORRY I'M 33 and have a life so i can't try them all )

It's been a long while since I've seen a post oozing with such obvious insecurity. And total LOL at your comparison. 

Anyways, apparently Project Cars is supposed to be on consoles when it finally gets out of beta and sees a real release. Not sure if they're going for next-gen consoles, or if they're going to put a super stripped down version on the PS360. I hope they go for next gen.

I'm based on facts dum dum...I tried it, you did not. SO you know nothing!!!

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]You're gong to make me dig that out of my box of discs in the closet, plus a DVD drive (my desktop doesn't have one) because you can't enumerate your problems with F1?percuvius2

Don't really care at all what you do to be honest and I already answered your question about codemasters.

You call

percuvius2
an answer?
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

lowe0

You call

percuvius2

an answer?

You need a reality check if you think codemasters make sims. That is all.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 percuvius2

The closest to a real racing sim on any of the consoles is Sim Bin's Race Pro on the 360.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lowe0

percuvius2
We're discussing one game, not their entire product line. That's like saying Square makes nothing but JRPGs, so Tomb Raider must be a JRPG too.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

lowe0

We're discussing one game, not their entire product line. That's like saying Square makes nothing but JRPGs, so Tomb Raider must be a JRPG too.

I don't talk about *** crap.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
yes, and it will be called GT6FinalFighters
... And will be out in 2018 but then delayed till 2020.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 clyde46

percuvius2

And you just lost all creditability you xenophobic scumbag.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 percuvius2

[QUOTE="FinalFighters"]yes, and it will be called GT6Grey_Eyed_Elf

And will suck once again

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Not into this whole "elitist talk", but I will say that the Gran Turismo series has a very good racing model, even for "proper" race sim standards.

Sure, it's still a little on the arcade side, but it's a great "balance" of both worlds, imo.

But of course if you want more "in-deepth" race sims, PC is the only destination to go to.

I don't think those type of sims would have a big audience on the consoles to begin with.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]We're discussing one game, not their entire product line. That's like saying Square makes nothing but JRPGs, so Tomb Raider must be a JRPG too.clyde46

Think I care what you think, eastern emo gamer? Whatever "creditability" is? Is that when my credit does a backflip?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]

percuvius2

Think I care what you think, eastern emo gamer? Whatever "creditability" is? Is that when my credit does a backflip?

To be honest, you never had any credibility to begin with.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] And you just lost all creditability you xenophobic scumbag. clyde46

Your opinion doesn't matter, eastern emo gamer.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

Do you think consoles will move from the current arcade and simcade world of driving and racing sims and move into the real racing simulator genre and support all the extra hardware that goes with it?

MasterX666
DUDE!!! I test drove a Lambo on a race track. Only difference from GT5 to real life is that in GT5 when you lose control it's because you kept the throttle trying to correct the car...You don't take that chance in a real Lambo...That's it that's all kids....I'm 33 and i know how to drive... So take it from me... GT5 is as close as it gets for now. Until GT6 that is!!!! PS to haters: NO I DID NOT TRY GTR ON PC ( SORRY I'M 33 and have a life so i can't try them all )

Yeah...No you 're just a kid pretending to be a man online
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 clyde46

percuvius2

Problem Xeno scum?
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
Doubt it. Very few people would buy it.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 jessejay420

percuvius2

What utter RUBBISH. I have gt5 it's pure FN arcade and even uses RUBBERBAND in multiplayer racing. It was designed for racing with a GAMEPAD a FN GAMEPAD.

owned :lol:
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 clyde46

percuvius2

Problem Xeno scum?

I'm glad you're offended, f@ggot.

So not only are you xenophobic, you are also homophobic. Do gay people scare you?
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jessejay420

the_bi99man

It's been a long while since I've seen a post oozing with such obvious insecurity. And total LOL at your comparison. 

Anyways, apparently Project Cars is supposed to be on consoles when it finally gets out of beta and sees a real release. Not sure if they're going for next-gen consoles, or if they're going to put a super stripped down version on the PS360. I hope they go for next gen.

hes an idiot
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Problem Xeno scum?clyde46

So not only are you xenophobic, you are also homophobic. Do gay people scare you?

You sure seem to care a lot about what I think. You eastern gamers sure are amusing as us Western Gamers couldn't care less what you think.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="MasterX666"] DUDE!!! I test drove a Lambo on a race track. Only difference from GT5 to real life is that in GT5 when you lose control it's because you kept the throttle trying to correct the car...You don't take that chance in a real Lambo...That's it that's all kids....I'm 33 and i know how to drive... So take it from me... GT5 is as close as it gets for now. Until GT6 that is!!!! PS to haters: NO I DID NOT TRY GTR ON PC ( SORRY I'M 33 and have a life so i can't try them all )jessejay420

What utter RUBBISH. I have gt5 it's pure FN arcade and even uses RUBBERBAND in multiplayer racing. It was designed for racing with a GAMEPAD a FN GAMEPAD.

Actually, GT5 needs a wheel to trully feel "right".

Polyphony have been upgrading the race model this whole time and GT5 feels much more "simmy" than the previous entries.

But whatever floats the elitist's boats...

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts

percuvius2

You sure seem to care a lot about what I think. You eastern gamers sure are amusing as us Western Gamers couldn't care less what you think.

Mate, you have issues.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 clyde46

percuvius2

Are you intimidated by gay people?
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="FinalFighters"]yes, and it will be called GT6percuvius2

And will suck once again

indeed :lol:
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 percuvius2

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]

nameless12345

Actually, GT5 needs a wheel to trully feel "right".

Polyphony have been upgrading the race model this whole time and GT5 feels much more "simmy" than the previous entries.

But whatever floats the elitist's boats...

Nothing you say will ever change the fact it was designed for a gamepad. It also doesn't feel right with a wheel unless your car WOBBLES down the straights in real life. The best FFB I've ever experienced is in rFactor 2. gt5 = WOBBLE, WOBBLE, WOBBLE

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] So not only are you xenophobic, you are also homophobic. Do gay people scare you?clyde46

You don't intimidate me in the least, but thanks for caring so much about what us Western Gamers think. I don't want to know what you think because I don't care.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] So not only are you xenophobic, you are also homophobic. Do gay people scare you?hexashadow13

Mate, you have issues.

says the guy with ZERO achievements

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 clyde46

percuvius2

You don't intimidate me in the least, but thanks for caring so much about what us Western Gamers think. I don't want to know what you think because I don't care.

What makes you think I'm from the East?
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Are you intimidated by gay people? clyde46

What makes you think I'm from the East?

Did you not get the memo about me not caring? I'll make sure you get another copy of that memo.