Will the next generation of consoles get their first ever racing sim?

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Do you think consoles will move from the current arcade and simcade world of driving and racing sims and move into the real racing simulator genre and support all the extra hardware that goes with it?

#2 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8211 posts) -

I don't care if the racing games are sim or not. Just give me an awesome racing game, whether it be be Burnout or Forza.

#3 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

I don't care if the racing games are sim or not. Just give me an awesome racing game, whether it be be Burnout or Forza.

speedfreak48t5p
This!
#4 Posted by DropsofJupiter (1423 posts) -

speedfreak48t5p
#5 Posted by Supabul (3863 posts) -

Forza is a sim and I should know I've driven all those cars in real life and they all handle exactly the same

#6 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

speedfreak48t5p

You're missing the entire point of the thread, those junior games already exist on console.

#7 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Forza is a sim and I should know I've driven all those cars in real life and they all handle exactly the same

Supabul

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

#8 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Playstation consoles are already home to the 5 best selling racing sims ever made :cool:

#9 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
I'm hoping for a new PGR myself, Ol' Jack don't care for no racing sims.
#10 Posted by DropsofJupiter (1423 posts) -

Playstation consoles are already home to the 5 best selling racing sims ever made :cool:

NathanDrakeSwag
Lol
#11 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

NathanDrakeSwag

There are no real sims on any console and there never has been.

Racing sims aren't designed around a gamepad, they don't encourage third person view, they are very unforgiving, they have realistic sound, realistic EQUIPMENT, realistic physics, tire models, fuel, damage, adhere to racing rules, don't reward BAD DRIVERS..........etc...etc....etc....etc....

I could go on for hours why console racers are so subpar to real racing sims.

#12 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8211 posts) -

I'm hoping for a new PGR myself, Ol' Jack don't care for no racing sims.Jack-Burton
New PGR? **** yeah!

#13 Posted by marklarmer (3883 posts) -

Do you think consoles will move from the current arcade and simcade world of driving and racing sims and move into the real racing simulator genre and support all the extra hardware that goes with it?

percuvius2

lol you again, why would they (or anyone else) care how arcadey you think console racing games are? if they did get a proper sim you would probably have to try and make out the handling had been gimped just to make yourself feel superior :lol:

#14 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

marklarmer

lol you again, why would they (or anyone else) care how arcadey you think console racing games are? if they did get a proper sim you would probably have to try and make out the handling had been gimped just to make yourself feel superior :lol:

It wouldn't be made for people like you who get easily confused. It would be for the already existing hard core sim racers.

#15 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]I'm hoping for a new PGR myself, Ol' Jack don't care for no racing sims.speedfreak48t5p

New PGR? **** yeah!

It's already out and it's called Forza Horizon. FH should have been marketed as PGR5, MS missed the mark on that one.

#16 Posted by marklarmer (3883 posts) -

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

percuvius2

It wouldn't be made for people like you who get easily confused. It would be for the already existing hard core sim racers.

omg percuvius2 makes a topic just so he can insult people and make himself feel superior, i'm so surprised :roll: maybe if you grew up you could race real cars like a big boy.

#17 Posted by mariokart64fan (19522 posts) -

just give me nascar! 

#18 Posted by MasterX666 (364 posts) -

percuvius2
DUDE!!! I test drove a Lambo on a race track. Only difference from GT5 to real life is that in GT5 when you lose control it's because you kept the throttle trying to correct the car...You don't take that chance in a real Lambo...That's it that's all kids....I'm 33 and i know how to drive... So take it from me... GT5 is as close as it gets for now. Until GT6 that is!!!! PS to haters: NO I DID NOT TRY GTR ON PC ( SORRY I'M 33 and have a life so i can't try them all )
#19 Posted by FinalFighters (1547 posts) -
yes, and it will be called GT6
#20 Posted by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

Depends if it's eastern or western.

#21 Posted by Kinthalis (5322 posts) -

I think the responses here pretty much should answer your quesiton TC.

Console gamers don't care about sims. They seriously think Forza IS a sim.

PC is where it's always going to be at.

#22 Posted by MasterX666 (364 posts) -

Kinthalis
So why did a co-worker who as a 2500$ rig and has the worlwide record in BF3 with jets buy GT5 with a G27 for PS3 then?
#23 Posted by AznbkdX (3226 posts) -

Racing sims aren't my thing but it would be nice to get more of them I guess.

Another Burnout though would just be tops.

#24 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
full sim would probably be very boring. GT is probably the limit for me for 'realism'
#26 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

MasterX666

DUDE!!! I test drove a Lambo on a race track. Only difference from GT5 to real life is that in GT5 when you lose control it's because you kept the throttle trying to correct the car...You don't take that chance in a real Lambo...That's it that's all kids....I'm 33 and i know how to drive... So take it from me... GT5 is as close as it gets for now. Until GT6 that is!!!! PS to haters: NO I DID NOT TRY GTR ON PC ( SORRY I'M 33 and have a life so i can't try them all )

What utter RUBBISH. I have gt5 it's pure FN arcade and even uses RUBBERBAND in multiplayer racing. It was designed for racing with a GAMEPAD a FN GAMEPAD.

#27 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Kinthalis

Youère right, thatès the conclusion I came to also. They're completely oblivious to what a real sim is. Incredible. I guess the superior race get the only real sims.

#28 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

NathanDrakeSwag

Yep ! 

#29 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

MasterX666

So why did a co-worker who as a 2500$ rig and has the worlwide record in BF3 with jets buy GT5 with a G27 for PS3 then?

OWNED ! SDC !!! OWNED !!!

#30 Posted by Gue1 (10216 posts) -

TC, sims are about physics not about looking pretty. Just saying since it appears that you deny the existence of Gran Turismo maybe because you're butthurt? And not only that but between all the racing games Gran Turismo is the franchise with the most involvement in the automotive culture with stuff like GT Academy so stay forever jelly. 

:cool:

#31 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

TC, sims are about physics not about looking pretty. Just saying since it appears that you deny the existence of Gran Turismo maybe because you're butthurt? And not only that but between all the racing games Gran Turismo is the franchise with the most involvement in the automotive culture with stuff like GT Academy so stay forever jelly. 

:cool:

Gue1
Dat boxart
#32 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

I doubt any would want a pure boring sim .

Drive Club will be great :P

http://i.minus.com/ibrWwxVIIJtsaW.gif

#33 Posted by Kinthalis (5322 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

MasterX666

'causehe's an diot? 'cause he wasn't looking for a sim?

How the hell am I supposed to know why your co-worker does antyhing? Do I know you? Shutup.

#34 Posted by Obviously_Right (5101 posts) -

I don't think something as sterile and boring as iRacing could be a success on Consoles.

So......no.

#35 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Forza and Grid is all I need and I am good. I don't want something so sim-ed up it fails to be fun.

#36 Posted by blackace (20890 posts) -

percuvius2
You mean Forza 5? Yeah, I'm sure it's already in the works.
#37 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10675 posts) -
No. Simulators of any kind have never, ever, ever, been successful on consoles. And next-generation won't change that. If one wants simulators, one must get a PC.
#39 Posted by Blazed (2356 posts) -

The genre has gotten boring. I remember games like  Downhill, Road Rash, Extreme-G, Hydro Thunder,  Jet Moto, Cruisn The USA, San Fransisco Rush 2049, Sled Storm, Wave Race, etc. Old School gamers know whatI'm talkin about. We had choices..

That is why peoplel are losing interest. Nothing new or fresh about the genre just the same old BS. Usually car racing games set in free roam, arcade and simulation. 

:roll:

#40 Posted by casharmy (6833 posts) -

[QUOTE="MasterX666"][QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

Kinthalis

'causehe's an diot? 'cause he wasn't looking for a sim?

How the hell am I supposed to know why your co-worker does antyhing? Do I know you? Shutup.

leave this here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVuQ1lTt1jI

:( wish I knew how to enable

#41 Posted by pelvist (4871 posts) -

Isnt Peoject CARS going to be on consoles?

#42 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -
Is there a reason why Codemasters' F1 series doesn't count?
#43 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

MasterX666

It's been a long while since I've seen a post oozing with such obvious insecurity. And total LOL at your comparison. 

Anyways, apparently Project Cars is supposed to be on consoles when it finally gets out of beta and sees a real release. Not sure if they're going for next-gen consoles, or if they're going to put a super stripped down version on the PS360. I hope they go for next gen.

#44 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Isnt Peoject CARS going to be on consoles?

pelvist

I know it will be on the Wii U; I don't know if it will be on the other next gen systems (PS4 and NeXbox) but it is going to be on a next generation system.

#45 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

MasterX666

WTF are you even trying to imply? BF3 compared to a racing sim? WTF are you on?

#47 Posted by PonchoTaco (2175 posts) -

I'll take an arcade kart style racing game over any other racing game.

#48 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -
Since the original poster is back, I'll ask again, why would the F1 series by Codemasters not count?
#49 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

I'll take an arcade kart style racing game over any other racing game.

PonchoTaco

You're in the wrong thread.

#50 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Since the original poster is back, I'll ask again, why would the F1 series by Codemasters not count?lowe0

Because it is simcade, I suppose you think Grid and Dirt are sims too, right? HAHAHA!