Will the next Bungie game be Xbox exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/27/details-on-bungie-39-s-next-game-leak-online.aspx

That image reminds me of Star Wars a lot, but since Bungie is responsible for Halo my guess is that this game shall be a 360 exclusive aswell, am I right?

#2 Posted by Kinthalis (5291 posts) -

Nope. It's already confirmed for PC. And it's also coming to PS4, but at a later date.

So it might be anXbox 360 timed exclusive.

#3 Posted by finalstar2007 (24907 posts) -

Nope its confirmed for PS3, PS4 and PC

#4 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -
Official Activision statement: "F*ck no".
#5 Posted by lundy86_4 (42877 posts) -

Nope. Confirmed for a 360/720 release, with other systems coming later, IIRC.

destiny.jpg?w=600

#6 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11529 posts) -

Wait so it's gonna be on last gen and current gen systems?

#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (42877 posts) -

Wait so it's gonna be on last gen and current gen systems?

PhazonBlazer

As far as we know, yes. Similar to Gun... However, I hope we get some serious effort put into a 720 release. With Bungie, though, I wouldn't expect any less.

#8 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

more chance of gta 5 being a ps3 exclusive then this happening

so 0%

#9 Posted by kingtito (4804 posts) -

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/27/details-on-bungie-39-s-next-game-leak-online.aspx

That image reminds me of Star Wars a lot, but since Bungie is responsible for Halo my guess is that this game shall be a 360 exclusive aswell, am I right?

Ricardomz
The way Bungie split with MS I doubt they'd make it exclusive. Why limit your income unless MS pays them quite a bit to keep it exclusive.
#10 Posted by SectorSix6 (204 posts) -
nope, its a multiplatform game. lem be cried
#11 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

nope, its a multiplatform game. lem be criedSectorSix6

Thank god it's multiplat it looks interesting.

#12 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Nope. I think it was confirmed to be on Sony's console.
#13 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

Nope. Confirmed for a 360/720 release, with other systems coming later, IIRC.

destiny.jpg?w=600

lundy86_4

That contract is 3 years old, doubt it's timed exclusive anymore

#14 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11529 posts) -

Remember that this is Activision, they'd put it on the DS if they wanted to.

#15 Posted by kingtito (4804 posts) -
nope, its a multiplatform game. lem be criedSectorSix6
That's makes no sense. Why would lems cry over a game that was never exclusive to begin with? Cows are getting dumber and dumber
#16 Posted by lawlessx (46463 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ricardomz"]

kingtito

The way Bungie split with MS I doubt they'd make it exclusive. Why limit your income unless MS pays them quite a bit to keep it exclusive.

....why are people saying this? people talk as if bungie said "*** you microsoft..we are done"

Is there something that im missing?

#17 Posted by jsmoke03 (12648 posts) -

why would bungie leave ms if its going to keep making exclusives

#18 Posted by lawlessx (46463 posts) -

PhazonBlazer

bungie aren't owned by activison

#19 Posted by lundy86_4 (42877 posts) -

Meeeper282

Any evidence? No?

We can only go off of what we are given. At the end of the day, that's the information. Although Bungie are free and clear, we don't know what was agreed to before their departure.

#20 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
According to the leaked document, Destiny 1 is timed exclusive to 360 and 720 with a potential PS3 release. Destiny 2 will release on 720, PS4, PC, and I think 360 and PS3 as well. Of course, I'm not sure how official this document is anymore.
#21 Posted by lundy86_4 (42877 posts) -

jsmoke03

Freedom of choice within their own franchises? Remember, Halo was owned outright by MS.

#22 Posted by The__Kraken (851 posts) -

Bungie would only make their next game an Xbox exclusive if it is beneficial for them to do so. Perhaps it is just me, but I do not see how significantly limiting their customer base could be beneficial.

#23 Posted by ujjval16 (1668 posts) -

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

lundy86_4

Freedom of choice within their own franchises? Remember, Halo was owned outright by MS.

Exactly if they had stayed with MS they would be forced to make Halo. I'm personally glad Bungie left, and I hope they're next game is multiplat. Say what you want about Bunige, but one thing is certain, they're one dev that loves interacting with their fans and increasing the number of fans is only a good thing.
#24 Posted by lawlessx (46463 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

lundy86_4

Any evidence? No?

We can only go off of what we are given. At the end of the day, that's the information. Although Bungie are free and clear, we don't know what was agreed to before their departure.

I think there was an agreement that when bungie started looking for publishers for their new title that microsoft would be the first they look to. Don't qoute me though..i didn't really follow much of the story.

#25 Posted by lundy86_4 (42877 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

lawlessx

Any evidence? No?

I think there was an agreement that when bungie started looking for publishers for their new title that microsoft would be the first they look to. Don't qoute me though..i didn't really follow much of the story.

I wouldn't be surprised. MS and Bungie had a great, but strained relationship. I wouldnt doubt that MS looked for "first cuts" in any deals.

#26 Posted by xhawk27 (7215 posts) -

finalstar2007

Yeah after a year on the Xbox 360.

#27 Posted by lundy86_4 (42877 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

xhawk27

Yeah after a year on the Xbox 360.

The timeframe is unconfirmed, however it seems a 360/720 release will be closely places.

#28 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11529 posts) -

Well we'll find out soon enough when the VGA's come on.

#29 Posted by Scantrax (13 posts) -
They're hiring for PS3 developers so most likely no.
#30 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2522 posts) -

Bungie would only make their next game an Xbox exclusive if it is beneficial for them to do so. Perhaps it is just me, but I do not see how significantly limiting their customer base could be beneficial.

The__Kraken

Off topic but your sig scared the hell out of me.

#31 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

The__Kraken
It's not. Regardless of platform, all you have to do is slap "From the Creators of Halo" on the box and you're guaranteed like 5 million + copies sold.
#32 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Its on PC, meaning that is where the best version will likely be.

#33 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
activision......so no.
#34 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

lawlessx

bungie aren't owned by activison

But Activision is publishing it though. They even have there logo on the destiny poster
#35 Posted by blackace (20086 posts) -

Ricardomz
Bungie is own by Activision now I think. So the game will be on ALL platforms, including the XBox 360.
#36 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11529 posts) -
#37 Posted by blackace (20086 posts) -

jsmoke03
They aren't going to be making anymore exclusives for Microsoft. Their contract with MS is over. They now have a contract with Activision. So they can release their games on multiple platforms now. Doesn't mean they won't keep making games on the XBox 360 or XBox Durango.
#38 Posted by blackace (20086 posts) -
According to the leaked document, Destiny 1 is timed exclusive to 360 and 720 with a potential PS3 release. Destiny 2 will release on 720, PS4, PC, and I think 360 and PS3 as well. Of course, I'm not sure how official this document is anymore.TheDidact
You have a link to that documentation?
#39 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ricardomz"]

blackace

Bungie is own by Activision now I think. So the game will be on ALL platforms, including the XBox 360.

They're not.

They're an independent studio that retains rights to their own IPs (the whole point of leaving Microsoft was so they could be independent and own their franchises. They're kinda pissed about Halo not being theirs).

Activision owns publishing rights to Destiny for the next ten years and that's it.

#40 Posted by lawlessx (46463 posts) -

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="Ricardomz"]

DarkLink77

They're not.

They're an independent studio that retains rights to their own IPs (the whole point of leaving Microsoft was so they could be independent and own their franchises. They're kinda pissed aboutHalo not being theirs).

Activision owns publishing rights to Destiny for the next ten years and that's it.

proof?

#41 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] Bungie is own by Activision now I think. So the game will be on ALL platforms, including the XBox 360. lawlessx

They're not.

They're an independent studio that retains rights to their own IPs (the whole point of leaving Microsoft was so they could be independent and own their franchises. They're kinda pissed aboutHalo not being theirs).

proof?

Watch "O Brave New World." It's pretty obvious that they're kind of upset that they don't own the multi-billion dollar franchise they created.

And really, why else would they leave Microsoft and only sign with Activision because the company allowed them to be independent and own their IPs? They've never outright said it (don't want to burn bridges, I imaagine), but it's pretty damn obviousif you spend two seconds thinking about it.

#42 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Nope

#43 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Any evidence? No?

lundy86_4

I wouldn't be surprised. MS and Bungie had a great, but strained relationship. I wouldnt doubt that MS looked for "first cuts" in any deals.

Microsoft had rights of first refusal, and they opted not to publish it. So they were allowed to shop it around.
#44 Posted by santoron (7648 posts) -

jsmoke03
Yeah, it's pretty obvious they didn't leave because they were tired of making a sci-if FPS.
#45 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
#46 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

:roll:where have you people been living? for last 4+ years halo reach was last game bungie made for microsoft and would moved on. The reason they left halo/microsoft is because

A: they wanted to be a independed company

B: they wanted EVERYONE be able play their games so they wanted to make a mutiplat

2010 bungie told the world where they was heading and why. Bungie got a contract with activision to basically own their new IP BUT not own bungie. Bungie as pretty much FULL control of development of the IP and other reason they wanted activision is because they wanted information from blizzard.

Hopefully When this contract is over in 2020 Bungie will big enough to become their own publisher.

World domination!

#47 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

:roll:where have you people been living? for last 4+ years halo reach was last game bungie made for microsoft and would moved on. The reason they left halo/microsoft is because

A: they wanted to be a independed company

B: they wanted EVERYONE be able play their games so they wanted to make a mutiplat

2010 bungie told the world where they was heading and why. Bungie got a contract with activision to basically own their new IP BUT not own bungie. Bungie as pretty much FULL control of development of the IP and other reason they wanted activision is because they wanted information from blizzard.

Hopefully When this contract is over in 2020. Bungie will big enough to become their own publisher.

World domination!

k2theswiss
Can't wait!