Will Sonic Boom be better than Sonic Teams new Sonic game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 6 months, 26 days ago

Poll: Will Sonic Boom be better than Sonic Teams new Sonic game? (19 votes)

Yes 37%
No 63%

Sega has recently given Sonic to westerndevs, who will make a westernized version of the series. The last few games from Sonic Team have been panned quite badly other than Sonic Generations and a mix on colors. Will the new USA team bring Sonic back from the dead?

#1 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19629 posts) -

No, the game looks like it is designed for the American market (like oversized Knuckles). Looks like the same game as usual with no innovation.

#2 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

couldn't tell you last time i played a shit sonic game

#3 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Yes. Japanese devs suck now excluding Nintendo.

#4 Posted by VendettaRed07 (13998 posts) -

Sonic team either doesn't understand what good sonic level design should consist of, or doesn't bother to put in the time to do what it takes to make a fast paced platformer work anymore. lm glad someone else is taking a shot. Although this looks odd, l think it does have promise.

#5 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8714 posts) -

I heard that the focus isn't on speed but rather combat and narrative so there's no chance in hell this game will top the likes of Sonic Rush and Generations which actually play to the unique strengths of the sonic franchise.

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10037 posts) -

Is the co-op local ?

#7 Posted by blangenakker (2191 posts) -

People will complain no matter what they do.

#8 Posted by Pffrbt (6495 posts) -

No. As much as Sonic Team has fucked up the main franchise it can't be worse than this.

#9 Edited by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

I haven't played a Sonic game since Sega Genesis. Unless this thing hits a major homerun, I don't plan on starting again.

#10 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26165 posts) -

Yes. Japanese devs suck now excluding Nintendo.

What? After all the crap you said you have the gall to say that?

#11 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6735 posts) -

Good Sonic games are the rare exception.They're deemed bad from the the time of announcement unless reviews prove otherwise.

#12 Edited by trugs26 (5242 posts) -

The game does look pretty fun, but really, they've released one 1 minute trailer. How are we supposed to answer the poll's question? We have no idea.

#13 Posted by bulby_g (1018 posts) -

Hard to tell now really but I'm definitely more interested as it's in someone else's hands. Wait and see I guess.

#14 Posted by superbuuman (2629 posts) -

no idea, hope so. Too early to tell, whether the change will be good. :p

#15 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24659 posts) -

It definitely looks like a game for Kids. I mean it's launching at the same time The New Cartoon show starts airing.

Honestly I'm a bit jealous of the new age kids. I would have loved to play a Sonic game based off the DiC Sonic SatAM. Although this isn't the case, but kids today will at least get a Sonic game based off a TV show.

Regardless I don't think I'll pick this game up.

#16 Posted by chocolate1325 (32438 posts) -

I am surprised no one has mentioned Sonics hand color.

#17 Posted by bbkkristian (14928 posts) -

I think SEGA (and this new developer) missed the point on why Generations sold well...