will Sir. Don Mattrick prediction hold true?

#1 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5066 posts) -

Sir. Don Mattrick hypothesised back in 2008 that the company to reach 10m sales first ALWAYS wins the 'console war', history has shown this to be true but do you think this great mans theory will hold true this gen? ps4 is around 7m+ and x1 is at around 4.2m, theoretically ps4 could win this gen in the next few months

also, any posts mocking/slandering Sir. Don Mattrick will not be tolerated. he is a great man who almost ran sh1tbox into the ground, he will forever be remembered for the amazing interviews he gave and the love he showed xbox fans. i miss u don

#2 Posted by Vatusus (4691 posts) -

Don Mattick is a cool guy in my book. Why? Because he single-handedly destroyed the Xbone before it even came out. Don is the best Sony fanboy ever and thats a fact

#3 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5066 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Don Mattick is a cool guy in my book. Why? Because he single-handedly destroyed the Xbone before it even came out. Don is the best Sony fanboy ever and thats a fact

#4 Edited by Couth_ (10165 posts) -

Pretty sure the 360 was first to 10 million last gen and it damn near ended up in last

#5 Posted by Shewgenja (9620 posts) -

Pretty sure the Genesis was the first to 10 mil in its generation but the SNES ended up beating it.

#6 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5066 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

Pretty sure the 360 was first to 10 million last gen and it damn near ended up in last

it was wii

@Shewgenja said:

Pretty sure the Genesis was the first to 10 mil in its generation but the SNES ended up beating it.

u dare go up against sir don? u cannot win friend, he is the all knowing

#7 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14444 posts) -

The queen seems to knight just about anyone these days.

#9 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7452 posts) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8FbgGnd0

This never gets old.

#10 Edited by Couth_ (10165 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Couth_ said:

it was wii

No it wasn't. The 360 had a year head start and hit 10 mil after it's first full year. The Wii had only been out for one month

#11 Posted by PraetorianMan (1343 posts) -

Doesn't the NDS/PSP situation also defy that prediction?
Or are handhelds non-applicable?

#12 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5066 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Couth_ said:

it was wii

No it wasn't. The 360 had a year head start and hit 10 mil after it's first full year. The Wii had only been out for one month

so are u saying don is lying? who should i believe u or don? wii ended up winning gen which mean it sold 10m first<<fact

#13 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5066 posts) -

@PraetorianMan said:

Doesn't the NDS/PSP situation also defy that prediction?

Or are handhelds non-applicable?

im not sure, someone would have to contact Sir Don and ask for a clarification.

@Bikouchu35 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8FbgGnd0

This never gets old.

this was the moment he elevated in status and became a Sir

#14 Posted by Shewgenja (9620 posts) -

I know I shouldn't, but fucking damn it really is fun dancing on the XBones grave.

#15 Edited by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

It was the Wii to reach 10m first though?

#16 Posted by BattleSpectre (6228 posts) -

Sir Don? You bitches Cray cray.

#17 Posted by Basinboy (11230 posts) -

I actually agree

But winning the current console generation might not actually translate into actual "winning" (see: 3DS and Vita).