Will Ryse on pc look better than Uncharted 4?

Posted by uninspiredcup (9690 posts) 4 months, 24 days ago

Poll: Will Ryse on pc look better than Uncharted 4? (105 votes)

Yes 61%
No 39%

My friends, in a previous thread, a years ago, it was officially declared through democratic and legitimate means, that you, the people, found your voice and declared the video game title "Star Citizen "overall graphics king on any system through popular vote. Overwhelmingly

Now that present and future history has been altered via the upcoming release of Cryteks Ryse.

With the power of 4k and pc power (which means 4k) it is actually possible to be better looking than Uncharted 4? The Order? Killzone: Shadow Fall? Can a former XboxOne exclusive tweaked for the pc be enough to be considered a pc gaming graphics god?

#1 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2907 posts) -

Yes it will but the game will still sucks arse and it will still be a boring repetitive mess.On the other hand Uncharted is going to be amazing.

#2 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3462 posts) -

Well we don't really know what Uncharted 4 looks like so it's hard to say.

#3 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4733 posts) -

We haven't seen what UC4 will look like outside of the pre rendered cutscenes, my bet is Ryse will look better even on Xbone because UC4 is aiming for 1080p/60fps, so the graphics will be held back a bit

#4 Edited by freedomfreak (41448 posts) -

We haven't properly seen Uncharted 4 though.

I could see it happening, especially with mods into play.

#5 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8550 posts) -

We're not your friends, so I don't why you think we are.

And Lol Ryse. Uncharted is a million times the game Ryse is.

#6 Posted by Heirren (17776 posts) -

Nope. In the same way that the 4k resolution will highlight a lot of the detail lost in the xbox one resolution, it will also bring out the faults as well.

#7 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5508 posts) -

i know my pc wont and judging from the steam survey most other pc wont either

lol pc

#8 Edited by parkurtommo (27383 posts) -

No. Reason being: Uncharted 4 will have the godly touch of Naughty Dog's artists. Ryse is just a benchmark tool for counting pixels, UC4 will be a gallery of unbelievable scenery.

#9 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (3380 posts) -

Will Uncharted 4 look better than Unity?

Will Unity look better than Halo 5?

Will Halo 5 look better than Unreal Tournament?

Will UT look better than Star Citizen?

All these questions to be answered..................................when they actually release

#10 Posted by pyro1245 (959 posts) -

no-brainer. of course Ryse will have the ability to look better; but that doesn't mean it will be any better of a game then it was on the the Xbone.

I don't wan't to play either.

#11 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16041 posts) -

Not important. Now that Ryse isn't exclusive even the Low-information buyers of the Xbox One can now admit it that the game was garbage. No one should ever buy it.

#12 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3462 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

And the steam survey defense is here. And only 7 posts in.

#13 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1756 posts) -

Nope. Sorry to tell you but PC has no graphics king anytime soon.

#14 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5508 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

steam survey is the truth. it exposed the master pleb race, they still havnt recovered from the damage it caused to their credibility

#15 Edited by gpuking (2988 posts) -

The stuffs UC4 is rendering is way beyond Ryse even for PC at this point. Don't kid yourself.

#16 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3462 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

steam survey is the truth. it exposed the master pleb race, they still havnt recovered from the damage it caused to their credibility

I have had steam installed on 5 computers. 3 PC's and 2 laptops. I was only selected for the survey with my laptop from 2008.

I'm not saying that this is the case for every user. But to act like the survey is an accurate representation of the PC gaming community is silly. It's just a sample. Go look in the PC & Mac gaming board. There are tons of Gamespot users with PC's much stronger than the consoles. And the PC community here is quite small. NeoGaf and Overclock have many, many more users with some insane rigs.

#17 Posted by jsmoke03 (12990 posts) -

well the uc4 e3 trailer looks jaw dropping. if either game comes close to that then that deserves the crown.

but as of now, everyone says ryse is the best looking game out there.

#18 Posted by Snugenz (12042 posts) -

Probably, it is afterall the only thing the game has going for it.

#19 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5856 posts) -
@parkurtommo said:

No. Reason being: Uncharted 4 will have the godly touch of Naughty Dog's artists. Ryse is just a benchmark tool for counting pixels, UC4 will be a gallery of unbelievable scenery.

Don't know if you're trolling Sony by being sarcastic, but this. Pretty much. They are artists of true abnogonical deventors. (made those words up tommo)

#20 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5856 posts) -

It really depends what differences Crytek make to the PC version of Ryse. If it's the same graphical effects and stuff at higher resolution and framerate, I'd guess not. But I imagine Crytek are adding a full real time GI, sharper textures, and higher res shadows and reflections. But is that alone enough to beat UC4 on a pure graphical level? Depends on what you like. Ryse is still the best looking game currently available imo. Looks phenomenal. But from the UC4 trailer that is by all accounts in engine real time, the character models, art, animations, shaders, and even foliage believe it or not look at least as good as Ryse cutscenes. And I believe Nathan Drakes character model is higher quality than Marius too.

My guess is Uncharted given that both games are running in 1080p. Obviously PC can go 4K but that isn't the question.

#21 Posted by pyro1245 (959 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

oh yeah? that top 1% of more powerful machines still outnumbers you console warriors. We are numerous and diverse.

#22 Edited by parkurtommo (27383 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@parkurtommo said:

Don't know if you're trolling Sony by being sarcastic, but this. Pretty much. They are artists of true abnogonical deventors. (made those words up tommo)

I was being completely serious. :) Some of my favorite concept artists are in ND. Shaddy Safadi and Eytan Zana for example. In fact, looking at the concept art gallery of Uncharted 2 practically gave my life purpose, I looked at that stuff and thought "I wanna do that".

Crytek on the other hand is really nothing special. They are definitely more impressive for their technical achievements, but the way they use that technology? Could be better.

#23 Edited by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

You are basically asking whether a tomb raider with a dude on mid range pc hardware will look as good as a game on high end hardware.

Makes no sense.

#24 Posted by Krelian-co (11678 posts) -

Where is the ban TC option?

#25 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5856 posts) -
@farrell2k said:

You are basically asking whether a tomb raider with a dude on mid range pc hardware will look as good as a game on high end hardware.

Makes no sense.

That's because you don't have a clue how making games work. Ryse is likely a straight port form XB1 with a few added effects. Those effects alone most likely won't make a massive difference to the quality. If you like the look of Ryse, then so be it. I do to. But UC4 is getting full development for PS4 and optimizations. Vs a launch XB1 game running on PC with minimal improvements apart from resolution. I'm prepared to make the bet that UC4 looks better than Ryse on PC given that both run at 1080p. When art, design, etc is taken into account.

#26 Edited by clyde46 (46803 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

My PC will run it just fine and thats all you need to worry your little head with.

#27 Posted by clyde46 (46803 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@parkurtommo said:

I was being completely serious. :) Some of my favorite concept artists are in ND. Shaddy Safadi and Eytan Zana for example. In fact, looking at the concept art gallery of Uncharted 2 practically gave my life purpose, I looked at that stuff and thought "I wanna do that".

Crytek on the other hand is really nothing special. They are definitely more impressive for their technical achievements, but the way they use that technology? Could be better.

ND are masters of using smoke and mirrors. Not saying its a bad thing by pull back the curtain in some parts and its clear to see the shortcomings of the hardware they are using.

#28 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5856 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@parkurtommo said:

ND are masters of using smoke and mirrors. Not saying its a bad thing by pull back the curtain in some parts and its clear to see the shortcomings of the hardware they are using.

Short comings like what? Just curious.

#29 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5508 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

My PC will run it just fine and thats all you need to worry your little head with.

so am i invited around to ur house?

#30 Posted by clone01 (24943 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

Where is the ban TC option?

+1

#31 Posted by 7MDMA (314 posts) -

Pretty sure UC4 will be the better looking game. RYSE is all about the backdrops and will look fantastic on high res @PC but I'm expecting more wow factor from UC4 especially in-game frame by frame.

#32 Posted by harry_james_pot (11039 posts) -

...What's the point of this thread? We don't even know how UC4 looks like.

#33 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5856 posts) -
@harry_james_pot said:

The trailer gives us an idea of how it will look. It may not be quite as detailed in game, but it will look something like it. Just like former Uncharted games.

Also it's not like it's that hard to believe that trailer was real graphics on PS4.

UC3

UC4

I'd say the difference looks about right. Remember this is PS4 not PS3.

#34 Posted by Nanomage (2419 posts) -

UC4 is a cutscene so far,actual gameplay hasn´t been seen yet and just like previous Uncharted games it will obviously not look as good as the trailer.

#35 Edited by MonsieurX (30863 posts) -

Will you stop creating shitty threads?

#36 Posted by clyde46 (46803 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@clyde46 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

No.

#37 Posted by clone01 (24943 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

There's never a point to his threads, he's just a troll who is Sniper4321's alt account.

#38 Posted by harry_james_pot (11039 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@harry_james_pot said:

The trailer gives us an idea of how it will look. It may not be quite as detailed in game, but it will look something like it. Just like former Uncharted games.

Also it's not like it's that hard to believe that trailer was real graphics on PS4.

UC3

UC4

But we don't know! It could've been an in-engine pre-rendered video.. Or maybe it was real time, but gets downgraded in the coming months. So until the game is out, those kind of discussions are pointless.

#39 Posted by pelvist (4942 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Speak for yourself, he may post some daft threads sometimes but I like the guy.

Also you havent played Uncharted 4 to know that it is a million times the game that Ryse is. ...sure Ryse may suck but so could Uncharted 4 for all we know.

#40 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8550 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Will you stop creating shitty threads?

Better question is will he stop calling us his friends?

#41 Posted by Nanomage (2419 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

Judging from the steam survey and making a cross check with the Ryse system specs makes it look like around 8 million people already have the specs to run it on max(by steam figures alone,wich millions of people don´t even bother to update,I know I haven´t since 2010),and we just started this gen.
So while what you say about most not being able to is correct,the "minority" that can is still counted in the millions already,and that´s just for the absolute max settings.

#42 Posted by blackace (21092 posts) -
@GoldenElementXL said:

Well we don't really know what Uncharted 4 looks like so it's hard to say.

This ^ ^ ^. Only thing we know is that it won't be 4K resolution, that's for sure.

#43 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (8550 posts) -

@pelvist said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Speak for yourself, he may post some daft threads sometimes but I like the guy.

Also you havent played Uncharted 4 to know that it is a million times the game that Ryse is. ...sure Ryse may suck but so could Uncharted 4 for all we know.

But it's being created by Naughty God. They can't make a bad game.

#44 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5856 posts) -
@harry_james_pot said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@harry_james_pot said:

UC3

UC4

But we don't know! It could've been an in-engine pre-rendered video.. Or maybe it was real time, but gets downgraded in the coming months. So until the game is out, those kind of discussions are pointless.

I realize that. I'm just saying you can tell it's not CGI for a start even down to the fact that there is a 60fps version. CGI doesn't get rendered in that framerate. And then there is also clipping that indicates a real time rendering. But yeah, it might be a pre rendered cutscene but apparently, ND can't make cutscenes prerendered anymore due to space on disc. TLOU R already took most of a bluray space up with 1080p 60fps FMV files. And next gen game assets are a lot bigger so they could save lots of space by doing real time cutscenes like The Order and Infamous.

#45 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

Easily. Ryse-PC is the new benchmark atm.

#46 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

According to the steam survey more people own a PC as powerful if not more powerful than PS4's sold. Furthermore, This gap usually widens incredibly as the gen continues, as $50-$100 video cards start easily out pacing consoles.

lol PS4.

#47 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5508 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@clyde46 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

No.

so u have a capable pc but wont invite a fellow uk gamespotter brethren around? smh

#48 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5856 posts) -
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

According to the steam survey more people own a PC as powerful if not more powerful than PS4's sold. Furthermore, This gap usually widens incredibly as the gen continues, as $50-$100 video cards start easily out pacing consoles.

lol PS4.

You are exactly like jankarcop. You literally say the same things as him. To no end you praise PC and bash consoles on every thread you enter. Jankarcop doesn't even own a PC tho, I bet you're the same.

#49 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol pc

lol PS4.

You are exactly like jankarcop. You literally say the same things as him. To no end you praise PC and bash consoles on every thread you enter. Jankarcop doesn't even own a PC tho, I bet you're the same.

You do realize the guy I quoted bashed PC first.....Here, I bolded it in the quote chain so you can see.

I see you don't have an issue with the rampant anti-PC troll liars though. Hey, at least everything I say can be fact checked.

#50 Posted by harry_james_pot (11039 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@harry_james_pot said:

I realize that. I'm just saying you can tell it's not CGI for a start even down to the fact that there is a 60fps version. CGI doesn't get rendered in that framerate. And then there is also clipping that indicates a real time rendering. But yeah, it might be a pre rendered cutscene but apparently, ND can't make cutscenes prerendered anymore due to space on disc. TLOU R already took most of a bluray space up with 1080p 60fps FMV files. And next gen game assets are a lot bigger so they could save lots of space by doing real time cutscenes like The Order and Infamous.

By in-engine prerendered I mean when you add a lot of extra effects to the scene, then get the game engine to render it out as a video. So you basically get a better looking version of the game that the console can't run at realtime, but looks ingame. Some devs do that for trailers and stuff.
Also CGI can be rendered at whatever fps you want. It wouldn't make sense to include in the game because of size, but they could do it for a trailer to show how the game would look like, since 60fps is new to consoles.