Will PS4 reach 35 million by the end of the year?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll Will PS4 reach 35 million by the end of the year? (62 votes)

Yes 60%
Maybe 40%

PS4 has been doing very good but I'm wondering if the PS4 will reach 35 million by the end of the year. Here's a look at what they have that makes me believe they probably will.

Now if things go well, especially outside of NA, the PS4 will be at 25 million sold by august. This give the PS4 only a 10 million gap to reach 35 million by the end of the year.

Now last year, Sony sold 4.1 million in November and December World-Wise. It moved 1.5 million in between Sept and October thanks to Destiny. I do not recall what they did in August but it was under 1 million WW.

Ignoring august, that's 5.6 million units. That was with Destiny and a meh Holiday season.

However some changes is that inAugust, the PS4 will be ramping things up toward another Destiny DLC, and MGSV, especially for Europe which will have a bundle. Gamescom will also have an effect.

If things are played right September, and it's after fall in October, along with a couple of games releasing then as well, will easily be over 3 million WW (that's all countries PS4 is released in.)

Then with that momentum, with a price drop (regardless if 50$E or 100) You have a couple more games coming out, marketing deals, and bundles of big name games and smaller franchises, along with the announcements and paris game week, The starwars movie, and the PSX event which will be teased and revel even more games.

I see at least almost/near almost double the 4.1 million of last year for the holiday season. I'm expecting at least 6-7 million Between November and December.

This would give PS4 sales during that 5 month period 10-11+ million starting from August. That would easily put it at 35-37 area.

• 
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

So now he picks an unrealistic number just so that when the year is over he can say he was right? Even though the gap is still widening here and all over the world?

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

FYI, Sony expects to sell in 38 million consoles (and that's shipped, not sold) by the end of 2015 Q4, so, March 31st, 2016.

35 Million by the end of the calendar year is possible but not really likely without a price drop. I have no idea where Tiger pulls these numbers from.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

FYI, Sony expects to sell in 38 million consoles (and that's shipped, not sold) by the end of 2015 Q4, so, March 31st, 2016.

35 Million by the end of the calendar year is possible but not really likely without a price drop. I have no idea where Tiger pulls these numbers from.

Ah so he's not being unreasonable since Sony is expecting more, at least shipped. But 35 Million still sounds difficult unless they do plan on dropping the price, like you said. Especially for the holidays.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@davillain- said:

I say around $32 million. At least.

This I see it ending around 32 mil.

Would say it would reach 35 at the end of this year, but the latest quarter of PS4 is weak when it comes to (popular) games.

But there's a small chance it still could reach that number imo.