Will PC version of Titanfall outsell Xbox One version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kjranu (757 posts) -

I think it's a very real possibility with anemic Xbox One sales (just look at PS4 vs XBO Tomb Raider sales) that PC version of Titanfall may outsell Xbox One version. The question actually shouldn't be about whether PC version will outsell but by what margin. I think it will be a margin of 3 to 1 as the installed PC base is much higher.

#2 Posted by remiks00 (1485 posts) -

I'm definitely buying it on PC, that's for sure.

#3 Posted by blamix99 (1495 posts) -

im getting mine on PC too, but you know most PC gamers are pirates

#4 Posted by finalstar2007 (24819 posts) -

Almost positive the PC version will because its the cheapest version out there and especially after seeing how many people on SW have played it on PC not to mention the xbox360 version which has an even larger install base.

X1 verison will generate very small number of sales i mean seriously whos going to pay $500 plus to play an online only game? :P

i have decided to get it on PC because its cheaper and has no $60 online fee's.

#5 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8083 posts) -

DF says everything is bottlenecked to the console denominator so PC version won't have edge in anything except price and input method. www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-beta-tech-analysis

#6 Edited by R3FURBISHED (9915 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

I think it's a very real possibility with anemic Xbox One sales (just look at PS4 vs XBO Tomb Raider sales) that PC version of Titanfall may outsell Xbox One version. The question actually shouldn't be about whether PC version will outsell but by what margin. I think it will be a margin of 3 to 1 as the installed PC base is much higher.

one month bad sales in the US does not equate to "anemic" sales.

you made your point in your own statement, comparing a console that has been on the market for three months to the entirety of the PC infrastructure?

#7 Posted by joel_c17 (2798 posts) -

I dunno - the game looks unbelievably average to me. And it wont be getting a price drop on PC for ages due to it being on origin.

#8 Posted by AdobeArtist (22712 posts) -

This is one for the sticky.