Will no man's sky run properly on the ps4 and what pc will you need?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:
@commander said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

You should consider the RX 460 when it comes out. It should be faster than the PS4, and the TDP is rated at 75W, no need for extra power connectors. Your PSU is kinda weak.

And going for that entry level card also saves you from bottlenecking that you'll most likely have with a dual core, AMD DX11 overhead is shit, so even with a mid-range 470/480 you can end up with a bottleneck.

when does de rx 460 release?

Rumors say next month, leaked benchmark from Ashes DX12

well, if they release before august 9th, I would defenitely consider it.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I am pretty confident that the game will be highly optimized for PC. They are releasing it on GOG day one, which means they are quite confident that the game will get good reception on PC. Because you know, releasing the game on GOG is a token of great trust into PC gamers. If they screw up, the game will be pirated to hell.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@commander said:
@techhog89 said:

I take it that you're completely against AMD? Because the RX 480 beats everything you posted.

no not at all actually but I'm worried about power consumption, electricity is quite expensive where I live.

I know the rx 480 has a better power enveloppe than the previous amd cards but I won't find that card second handed, and a new one is a bit too expensive for me. I live in europe and the import tax is huge. I pretty much pay 1.5 times the price.

If the rx 470 would release any time soon I would defenitely consider it, but one thing is for sure, at 9 aug I'm playing this game, so I need my hardware before that.

They did a chart and found that the PS4 is more powerful than like 70% of the computers on steam.

Like I think 25% had like better than the ps4 an around 5% the same.

Lol, what?

Steam hardway survey places the number of PC's with PS4 or better performance at over 50%. That's over 90 million active steam users - or more than double the number of PS4's ever sold.

The game is pretty much guaranteed to have performance issues on the PS4 - rumors are that it was delayed because of these issues on PS4 - and probably play at 50% or less of the draw distance than on PC.

That procedural generation is likely hitting that CPU hard - and if that's the case it's likely that even the Neo won't perform as well as even an entry level gaming PC (since the CPU on the Neo appears to be a slightly OC'ed version of the one on the PS4).

Your best bet is sticking to the PC, not only for No MAn's SKy, but also for the plethora of other space games/sims on the platform now and those coming in the future.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Kinthalis said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@commander said:

no not at all actually but I'm worried about power consumption, electricity is quite expensive where I live.

I know the rx 480 has a better power enveloppe than the previous amd cards but I won't find that card second handed, and a new one is a bit too expensive for me. I live in europe and the import tax is huge. I pretty much pay 1.5 times the price.

If the rx 470 would release any time soon I would defenitely consider it, but one thing is for sure, at 9 aug I'm playing this game, so I need my hardware before that.

They did a chart and found that the PS4 is more powerful than like 70% of the computers on steam.

Like I think 25% had like better than the ps4 an around 5% the same.

Lol, what?

Steam hardway survey places the number of PC's with PS4 or better performance at over 50%. That's over 90 million active steam users - or more than double the number of PS4's ever sold.

The game is pretty much guaranteed to have performance issues on the PS4 - rumors are that it was delayed because of these issues on PS4 - and probably play at 50% or less of the draw distance than on PC.

That procedural generation is likely hitting that CPU hard - and if that's the case it's likely that even the Neo won't perform as well as even an entry level gaming PC (since the CPU on the Neo appears to be a slightly OC'ed version of the one on the PS4).

Your best bet is sticking to the PC, not only for No MAn's SKy, but also for the plethora of other space games/sims on the platform now and those coming in the future.

If that is true I just hope we get some benchmarks before the game releases.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

It's a multiplat. Of course stick with PC.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

im just gonna wait for the neo patch

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@commander said:
@Kinthalis said:

Lol, what?

If that is true I just hope we get some benchmarks before the game releases.

Probaly not before release, but likely the day of.