Will Microsoft stop avoiding giving out their sales numbers?

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Sales matter to Cows now....................lulz.

The quarterly report will be out this month along with Sony's Bbbbbbbillion dollar loss. The One is selling fine and why would MSoft report on a Respawn game they didn't publish? Cows cry about TitanGreatness not being exclusive then cry and want to treat it like an exclusive.

so sales dont matter to lemmings anymore then?

so lemmings care about company earnings now?

so lemmings didnt hype the shit about titanfall being the savior of the system?

lol cows werent crying that it was multiplat....it was stupid lems that were hyping a multiplat as a "microsoft exclusive"

cow tears came from jealousy that titanfall didnt come out on the ps4

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Considering the console is already being discounted.....it's possible they won't release numbers.

A great point you bring up. Although it's a great deal for those who got those discounted bundles, it's a bad sign that the demand isn't nearly as high as MSFT would like.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Yeah, MS is waiting to reveal where it is during their quarterly report. It just makes more sense anyway. The One is a bit over 4 million sales and there's just no doubt a shit-ton of games and a price drop is coming at E3. They will be just fine going forward so long as they hit that price point, nail those killer games, and continue with the Kinect-centric features that utilize it fully like NFL App, Upload Studio, Twitch broadcasting, and Xbox Fitness.

When a company wide report is within a few weeks, reveal then. We'll know how Titanfall did in its first month inside of a week anyway. No doubt it's moved close to 2 million copies across the One and PC. Probably over 500k consoles as well.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

They loved to leak their NPD performances last gen when they routinely beat the others in NA sales, and Sony was the coy one.

You'll get numbers from MS when they show them doing better than the competition, or when they must (financial reports).

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

I doubt they will, M$ is not the type of company to rely on hype, bragging, and bashing the competition to gets its foot in the ground, exception Apple. Xbox is making a profit and thats all they care about, not some pole swinging fanboy war.

That has to be about the funniest thing I have ever heard... lol... This is a joke right?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@musicalmac said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the sales statistics are closer now than they were in the previous generation, yes? Didn't the 360 have a much broader lead early on and during the life of the consoles up to the very end when they kind of evened out again?

It's pretty early to brag too much either way.

How can you take that into consideration upon having a much larger gap in time between console releases? I agree anything can happen... however they released in a close time span of each other this go around.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@musicalmac: Very different circumstances. Release dates, and what not.

For the op. Why is it so important? Both systems will probably have healthy sales. I don't expect many(if any) major exclusive deals based on sales numbers.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

What about dem Titan Fall xbone numbers? What happened to that.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts
@StrongDeadlift said:

Lol, the Xbox One already passed the PS4 months ago, even though they've avoided showing official numbers at all costs, and I have no proof to back up this statement, and any corporation in the history of EVER would be shouting from the rooftops if a milestone like this actually happened, but but I swear guize, Xbox One passed PS4 already, trust me. Would be the appropriate response if Lems used Cow's ridiculous logic from last gen.

I can see your point to an extent. However, it would make Sony look bad to brag about finally passing up a console that support had pretty much stopped for. It would only serve to highlight the position that the Playstation brand had been in all gen. Not much to gain. Now however Ps4 and Xbone are still very much new and being supported (even with their lackluster launches). Microsoft stands to gain a lot from announcing they passed up the PS4.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tyloss said:

December 28th was the last date given officially via Microsoft, that was 1/4th of the year ago already.

Do they fear their stock will plummet or do they suffer PTSD from getting clowned by Sony at E3?

Will Sony stop avoiding giving out their US PS3 sales numbers? lol!! They went almost a full year without telling anyone the numbers. When they did, they would combine the PS2 and PS3 numbers together. Microsoft will announce their numbers when they announce their quarterly earnings.

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

Will Sony ever stop mixing sales and shipped and keep reporting them every week?

Will Nintendo ever stop innovating and things the way they want no matter what the industry tells them?

Will Rare ever go back to their glory days?

IS MOZART STILL ALIVE!?

Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Karpetburnz
Member since 2013 • 532 Posts

typical Lem DC, b b but last gen.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Probably. I'm curious about how many units of MS Flight Simulator X (FSX 2006) have been sold so far because MS actually ran out of activation keys for it back in 2010.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@nini200 said:

Will Sherman Hemsley ever stop dancing?

Will Steven Seagal ever stop running?

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Because those numbers would be only released as PR and it's not good PR to show that you're lagging behind your competitor.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

is this thread a joke...MS usually gives out its sales numbers before Sony does. Sony then takes a week or two to pad stats then announces theres lol. cows will try anything man, i tellz yah.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

MS doesn't announce official numbers since December 28 ones,the other number outside the 3 million units was 3.9 which was the same number but showing what they shipped and what they actually sold combined ..lol

@tymeservesfate said:

@I_can_haz: neither has Sony though -_- there was the official announcement then a couple other reports that havent been verified yet. they gave their numbers a couple weeks after MS did. and it will most likely be the same process this next time...MS will announce and then Sony will a few weeks after.

unless Sony did bad. if they did bad they'll wait even longer or will release ps3/ps4 numbers lumped together.

I don't see why people act as if MS is this shady company. they've been very upfront this generation. even with the DRM nonsense...they did try to sugarcoat it but they still told people the deal and dealt with the repercussions. Sony hides and tries to fool its customers way more than Microsoft honestly, imo.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sold-3-million-units-in-2013-microsoft-says/1100-6416955/

MS last official numbers January 6.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/39-million-xbox-one-consoles-shipped-in-2013

MS 3.9 million which are the same re -fried numbers from December 28 sales but this time showing the 3 million they sold + the 900k that went unsold at retailers last December it was posted online on January 23.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-sales-reach-4-2-million-outselling-xbox-one-by-1-2-million-units-in-2013/1100-6416987/

PS4 hit 4.2 million as of december 28 as well,posted on January 7.

http://www.psu.com/a022530/Over-53-million-PS4-consoles-sold-worldwide-confirms-Sony

Posted on February 18 as of February 8 the PS4 had 5.2 million units.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/ps4-hits-6-million-ushers-in-new-era-of-social-gameplay/

Posted on March 3 PS4 reach 6 million units..

So yeah MS is holding numbers..

How can a company who try to trick every one with DRM actually be call very upfront.

@kuu2 said:

Sales matter to Cows now....................lulz.

The quarterly report will be out this month along with Sony's Bbbbbbbillion dollar loss. The One is selling fine and why would MSoft report on a Respawn game they didn't publish? Cows cry about TitanGreatness not being exclusive then cry and want to treat it like an exclusive.

Sales don't matter to lemmings now.? lulz..

WTF the game is been given free by then and advertise like if it was Halo and you ask why MS should report sales.? Please dude stop playing dumb Titanfall has been advertise as a MS game basically,even adds don't mention the PC or even 360 version...

@musicalmac said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the sales statistics are closer now than they were in the previous generation, yes? Didn't the 360 have a much broader lead early on and during the life of the consoles up to the very end when they kind of evened out again?

The 360 had a 8 million lead because it launched 1 year before the PS3,the xbox one and PS4 launched the same month and sony has a good 2 and half to 3 million lead in just 4 months at this pace the lead will be like 8 million by the end of the year if something doesn't change.

Also the 360 was huge in US and UK but failed every where else,the PS4 is a success on all markets and is winning all markets as of now.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tormentos

@blackace said:

@tyloss said:

December 28th was the last date given officially via Microsoft, that was 1/4th of the year ago already.

Do they fear their stock will plummet or do they suffer PTSD from getting clowned by Sony at E3?

Will Sony stop avoiding giving out their US PS3 sales numbers? lol!! They went almost a full year without telling anyone the numbers. When they did, they would combine the PS2 and PS3 numbers together. Microsoft will announce their numbers when they announce their quarterly earnings.

The PS3 is a last gen console.. stop living in the past..hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the MS April 25 earnings report is meant for shareholders. That means that any earnings reports are based on shipped numbers not sold through. Shipped numbers is where manufacturers earn their money. Sold through is mostly bragging rights because it's money that goes to the retailer. MS shareholders care about how much money MS made, not Gamestop.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 blackace

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@tyloss said:

The PS3 is a last gen console.. stop living in the past..hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still not getting any numbers, LMAO!! That was for a whole year. Unlike Microsoft. We'll see if Sony lists their PS4 NPD numbers for March if the XB1 outsells them. lol!!

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@I_can_haz: neither has Sony though -_- there was the official announcement then a couple other reports that havent been verified yet. they gave their numbers a couple weeks after MS did. and it will most likely be the same process this next time...MS will announce and then Sony will a few weeks after.

unless Sony did bad. if they did bad they'll wait even longer or will release ps3/ps4 numbers lumped together.

I don't see why people act as if MS is this shady company. they've been very upfront this generation. even with the DRM nonsense...they did try to sugarcoat it but they still told people the deal and dealt with the repercussions. Sony hides and tries to fool its customers way more than Microsoft honestly, imo.

Bullshit.

Sony revealed on Feb when they surpassed 5.3 million sold: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/ps4-sales-pass-5-million-ahead-of-japanese-launch

and they also revealed in March when they surpassed 6 million: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/ps4-hits-6-million-ushers-in-new-era-of-social-gameplay/

Face it lem, M$ is dancing around releasing their numbers. They haven't announced how much they've sold since December last year, they must be scared lol.

Sony also reported 4.2 million units sold in Jan

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-sales-reach-4-2-million-outselling-xbox-one-by-1-2-million-units-in-2013/1100-6416987/

So since the console launched, Sony has reported official numbers just about every month....

And there is reports that they just hit 7 million and infamous hit 1 million (wheres the titanfall numbers?)

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/10185/20140331/ps4-vs-xbox-one-playstation-4-hits-7-million-sales.htm

The infamous numbers are only for March 21 to March 28 too, also during infamous launch weekend 180,000 ps4 sold in pal territories vs 25,000 xbox ones in the same time period. PS4 outsold Xbox one 7 to 1 in pal territories. 100,000 more ps4 sold in north america in same time period (not sure about xbox one) According to the article Sony has 3 million lead on MS ouch.....

Whats this lem talking about? LOL

He's damage controlling like all lems do.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

They are not giving out numbers because the media will go ape shit and say it's doomed like they have done to every platform that isn't selling well initially. MS knows the real console war is a long term battle but the media and fanboys don't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

The only way MS will disclose sales numbers. Is if they are outselling the PS4 or a share holders meeting.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tormentos

@blackace said:

Still not getting any numbers, LMAO!! That was for a whole year. Unlike Microsoft. We'll see if Sony lists their PS4 NPD numbers for March if the XB1 outsells them. lol!!

Sony didn't post February NPD and they won it what is your excuse for that.? What you saw in neogaf where numbers leaked not from sony officially.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I'd expect them in the next quarterly report, which will release in late April or early May IIRC.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#75 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Will the bovine stop being so obsessed with sales?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Err, they released there last figures on th 31'st of december

@tyloss said:

December 28th-April 2= 3 months and 2 days,MS release there figures quarterly, which is every 3 months so they are due any day now.

Clearly they have not been hiding the xbones sales figures.

Most companys reveal there sales figures quarterly, which is a 1/4 of a year.

You didn't give the OP much thought did you sunshine?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By delta3074

@handssss said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

I doubt they will, M$ is not the type of company to rely on hype, bragging, and bashing the competition to gets its foot in the ground, exception Apple. Xbox is making a profit and thats all they care about, not some pole swinging fanboy war.

xbox hasn't been making a profit in years if ever. MS stays afloat through their other divisions.

Wrong, the xbox 360 started making per unit profit of 70 dollars from 2008, you clearly have no understanding of how a business works, the xbox division may be in the Red overall but the xbox brand IS making a profit and clawing those losses back

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/24/the-xbox-turns-a-profit/

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/36011/Microsofts_Xbox_360_Division_Sees_132_Billion_Profit_For_Fiscal_Year_2011.php

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts
@handssss said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

xbox hasn't been making a profit in years if ever. MS stays afloat through their other divisions.

Can you provide a link to back-up that lie because Im pretty sure you gettin M$ and Sony finances mixed up. More than halfway through last gen M$ had made a billion alone off of xbox live not counting hardware sales, did'nt they just release an article that said even though Ps4 sold more in Feburary or something and M$ still edged them out in profit.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Ms getting destroyed. Choose they're not gonna give out numbers. You don't tell your passengers the ship is sinking. You just let it, quietly, go down, then when they finally realize it...it's to late to launch life boats.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Bullshit.

Sony revealed on Feb when they surpassed 5.3 million sold: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/ps4-sales-pass-5-million-ahead-of-japanese-launch

and they also revealed in March when they surpassed 6 million: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/ps4-hits-6-million-ushers-in-new-era-of-social-gameplay/

Face it lem, M$ is dancing around releasing their numbers. They haven't announced how much they've sold since December last year, they must be scared lol.

Sony also reported 4.2 million units sold in Jan

So since the console launched, Sony has reported official numbers just about every month....

And there is reports that they just hit 7 million and infamous hit 1 million (wheres the titanfall numbers?)

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/10185/20140331/ps4-vs-xbox-one-playstation-4-hits-7-million-sales.htm

The infamous numbers are only for March 21 to March 28 too, also during infamous launch weekend 180,000 ps4 sold in pal territories vs 25,000 xbox ones in the same time period. PS4 outsold Xbox one 7 to 1 in pal territories. 100,000 more ps4 sold in north america in same time period (not sure about xbox one) According to the article Sony has 3 million lead on MS ouch.....

Whats this lem talking about? LOL

your post only makes sense if you show when Microsoft released their numbers in comparison...its obvious you don't have a grip on what the conversation is actually about, but thanks for sharing ,lol. his post makes sense, and i told him that. yours is is useless though...

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@j_assassin said:

be honest, you only want to find out about sales report to claim ownage on the internetz, lol

Lems had fun bragging about sales for 8 years even when xbox360 had a 1 year had start to help the numbers always being sure to remind sony fans the PS3 was, "Last place".

Why can't cows talk about sales once both console providers release systems on an even playing field?

Dem sour grapes yo, MS fanboys need to take their medicine

XboxONE#LASTPLACE

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@musicalmac said:

LOL Xbox360 had a 1 year head start. Talk about pointless bragging, and xbot fanboys actually had the nerve to try to use that as an argument point.

Xbox one = LAST PLACE.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@blackace said:

@tyloss said:

Nice butthurt rhetoric.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Ms as a whole is making lots of money and the xbox is a small part of it. Sony as a whole is losing money quicker then it can be burned and ps4 is the only thing positive it has so of course they're bragging about its sales. Do you even business bro

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

ITT: Butthurt lem tears.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Now I know how the cows were so butthurt last gen when talking about sales numbers. :(
It's not fair. |,,,,

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

of course they are going to hide the numbers.

sony has not released official npd numbers for what now?

3 years?

if ms is trailing then expect them to do the same.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 blackace

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Sony didn't post February NPD and they won it what is your excuse for that.? What you saw in neogaf where numbers leaked not from sony officially.

Sony had already posted the 4 million sales number, so they really didn't need to. We know that XB1 sales for Feb weren't that far off from the PS4. Sony literally stopped posting their PS3 sales NPD numbers for more then a year. lol!! As they kept getting outsold by the XBox 360 again and again every month. Neither company has given worldwide sales numbers for the PS3 or XBox 360 for a long time. PS4 high demand is pretty much over in the US and Japan. It seems to be still strong in Europe, but no one can give us accurate numbers in that region.

This is your favorite link. LOL!! No more shortages, just like I predicted back in Jan.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

Shit, even Amazon dropped the price of the PS4. Hehehe.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1396569560&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#89  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

well, they've a quarterly report within the next month, they'll give numbers then

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By tormentos

@blackace said:

Sony had already posted the 4 million sales number, so they really didn't need to. We know that XB1 sales for Feb weren't that far off from the PS4. Sony literally stopped posting their PS3 sales NPD numbers for more then a year. lol!! As they kept getting outsold by the XBox 360 again and again every month. Neither company has given worldwide sales numbers for the PS3 or XBox 360 for a long time. PS4 high demand is pretty much over in the US and Japan. It seems to be still strong in Europe, but no one can give us accurate numbers in that region.

This is your favorite link. LOL!! No more shortages, just like I predicted back in Jan.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

Shit, even Amazon dropped the price of the PS4. Hehehe.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1396569560&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4

sony hasn't post number for a while and they continue to do so,NPD numbers are leak in fact in January they almost double MS sales wise and they didn't post number they just say we almost double the competition period,so yeah lose or win they will not give numbers period.

Now the million numbers is another 2 cents because those are for all PS4 sold and not just US or EU alone.

And you predicted nothing in fact you make a thread on February claiming the shortage was over based on Amazon getting shipments thread you say you would update but you never did,because by next day those units were goner and you looked like a fool once again..lol You abandon your own thread..lol

Also having some stock doesn't mean the shortage is over,hell your own link say Gamestop is out of units,gamestop is the biggest seller of video game related merchandise in US,also Best buy is out,so yeah you predicted sh** and you don't know what will happen this month either.

Also having stocks on stores doesn't mean the high the demand is over it just mean sony shipped units which is quite different.

Also sony first claimed the shortage would be over by april so yeah you predicted nothing,the xbox one to outsell the PS4 need to have a great demand which isn't the case here,so yeah if a free Titanfall copy didn't help the xbox one outsell the PS4 nothing will probably..

Your own link from amazon say amazon dropped the price of the PS4 by $99 cents..lol

Did you even read what you post.? Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

MS taking lessons from Sony for a change.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By tormentos
@delta3074 said:

@tyloss said:

December 28th-April 2= 3 months and 2 days,MS release there figures quarterly, which is every 3 months so they are due any day now.

You people should stop making excuses for MS,they are hiding numbers and the recent price drops and free Titanfall is a testament of how bad sales were.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sells-over-1-million-consoles-in-24-hours/1100-6416349/

MS sell 1 million in 24 hours,a number which was clouded by claims of MS using shipped numbers to claim 1 million sold in 24 hours,based on the fact that the sales numbers came in the same day of the launch,and for the next few days units were still sitting on stores.

This ^^ is a testament of how fast MS is to report numbers which they think favor them,they launch on the 22 and the same 22 they announce 1 million in 24 hours,before the 24 hours..lol

http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/xbox-one-december-announcement

Oh look MS announcing the xbox one sold 2 million units out of their quarter report odd lemmings claims they don't do that..

So yeah they haven't report more sales because the xbox one was trailing the PS4 badly,the free Titanfall and and price drop in UK was a clear giveaway,they should be breaking now like 4 million when the PS4 is rumor to be at 7 million.

So expect their usual PR spin of the xbox one is the record breaking console or faster seller based on the xbox brand,or some sh** like what they pull on November when they claim falsely that they the xbox one was the fastest selling console in US based on a 9 day period and breaking those sales by day,when on NDP November the PS4 even with a shortage manage to sell 1.1 million units and beat the xbox one for November.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 delta3074

@tormentos said:
@delta3074 said:

@tyloss said:

You people should stop making excuses for MS,they are hiding numbers and the recent price drops and free Titanfall is a testament of how bad sales were.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sells-over-1-million-consoles-in-24-hours/1100-6416349/

MS sell 1 million in 24 hours,a number which was clouded by claims of MS using shipped numbers to claim 1 million sold in 24 hours,based on the fact that the sales numbers came in the same day of the launch,and for the next few days units were still sitting on stores.

This ^^ is a testament of how fast MS is to report numbers which they think favor them,they launch on the 22 and the same 22 they announce 1 million in 24 hours,before the 24 hours..lol

http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/xbox-one-december-announcement

Oh look MS announcing the xbox one sold 2 million units out of their quarter report odd lemmings claims they don't do that..

So yeah they haven't report more sales because the xbox one was trailing the PS4 badly,the free Titanfall and and price drop in UK was a clear giveaway,they should be breaking now like 4 million when the PS4 is rumor to be at 7 million.

So expect their usual PR spin of the xbox one is the record breaking console or faster seller based on the xbox brand,or some sh** like what they pull on November when they claim falsely that they the xbox one was the fastest selling console in US based on a 9 day period and breaking those sales by day,when on NDP November the PS4 even with a shortage manage to sell 1.1 million units and beat the xbox one for November.

They have not released there sales numbers because it is not time to release them yet, simple logic, it's only been 3 months since they last revealed there last QUARTERLY sales figures for the Xbone, i also takes time to collate the information and numbers needed to release those figures, if they didn't release there Quarterly (3 monthly sales figures) after 6 months then i could see the TC's point but we are only 3 months and 2-3 days since they released there last quarterly sales figures.

Are people on here that dense that that don't realise that quarterly means just that, every 3 month,s and it's only been about 3 months.

Saying MS is hiding there figures for the Xbone is just a baseless assumption thought up by bored fanboys who will look for any shred of absolutely anything they can use to badmouth a product they don't like.

'OMG itz 2 dayz over 3 months MS must be hiding there quaterly sales figures'

LOL

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By tormentos
@delta3074 said:

@handssss said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Wrong, the xbox 360 started making per unit profit of 70 dollars from 2008, you clearly have no understanding of how a business works, the xbox division may be in the Red overall but the xbox brand IS making a profit and clawing those losses back

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/36011/Microsofts_Xbox_360_Division_Sees_132_Billion_Profit_For_Fiscal_Year_2011.php

What you fail to understand is that they loss more than 3 billions before breaking a profit,and the profits they make were eat by the huge losses.

losing 3.3 billions in 2+ years isn't make up by winning 100 million in 1 quarter,and i am sure this numbers don't include MS money hats to developers or even advertising money.

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-11-07-huge-xbox-losses-hidden-by-patent-royalties-says-analyst

Worse some analyst claim MS is covering the xbox loses by using patent money won from Android to cover those loses,and make see like the brand is making profits,something they also where accuse of with their Tablets losses as well last year.

You can't lose 7+ billion dollars on a brand and claim that you make profits because you make 4+ billion,loses vs earning are not on par or close,for all intended purposes the xbox brand is a money pit.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 delta3074

@tormentos said:
@delta3074 said:

@handssss said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

What you fail to understand is that they loss more than 3 billions before breaking a profit,and the profits they make were eat by the huge losses.

losing 3.3 billions in 2+ years isn't make up by winning 100 million in 1 quarter,and i am sure this numbers don't include MS money hats to developers or even advertising money.

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-11-07-huge-xbox-losses-hidden-by-patent-royalties-says-analyst

Worse some analyst claim MS is covering the xbox loses by using patent money won from Android to cover those loses,and make see like the brand is making profits,something they also where accuse of with their Tablets losses as well last year.

You can't lose 7+ billion dollars on a brand and claim that you make profits because you make 4+ billion,loses vs earning are not on par or close,for all intended purposes the xbox brand is a money pit.

You clearly know nothing about how business works, i do, thats why i have a btec national diploma in business and finance and you don't, a company or division can be in the red but they are still making profit.

Let me explain it for you tormentos, A company can be in the red overall but if the amount of money they are making is greater than there operating costs and overheads then the company is considered to be IN profit

Profit (defintion)

'a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something'

The xbox division at that time was Making more money than it cost to Produce or operate the 360 hence they where in profit..

just FOCUS on the Definition of PROFIT i posted and then think about what you said.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

Why? do sales make your console more fun?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By tormentos

@sts106mat said:

Look here cows, ^^^^^^^

that is how you do preemptive damage control.

No that is how you own sad lemming who make excuses to defend MS..lol

@delta3074 said:

They have not released there sales numbers because it is not time to release them yet, simple logic, it's only been 3 months since they last revealed there last QUARTERLY sales figures for the Xbone, i also takes time to collate the information and numbers needed to release those figures, if they didn't release there Quarterly (3 monthly sales figures) after 6 months then i could see the TC's point but we are only 3 months and 2-3 days since they released there last quarterly sales figures.

Are people on here that dense that that don't realise that quarterly means just that, every 3 month,s and it's only been about 3 months.

Saying MS is hiding there figures for the Xbone is just a baseless assumption thought up by bored fanboys who will look for any shred of absolutely anything they can use to badmouth a product they don't like.

'OMG itz 2 dayz over 3 months MS must be hiding there quaterly sales figures'

LOL

They are not releasing sales numbers because they are hiding them.

They talk about numbers 3 times in succession,on Launch before the xbox one was even 24 hours old,to claim 1 million in 24 hours..lol

On December 11 to claim 2 million units.

and on December 31 to claim 3 million sold,in basically 1 month and a few days they talk about sales 3 times,yet from January to April they have say nothing new,nothing,then come NPD January which was horrible,and February where they did better,march still on the air,and still no numbers.

Funny that bold part because it took them less than 24 hours to claim 1 million units sold..lol

I just proved with links that they do give numbers when everything is going fine,but as soon as the bad times start they hold and they did.

Hell you know what i 't think you will hear about sales numbers any more,from now on it would probably be shipped numbers,so that they can look better,claiming we shipped 5.5 million units while people like you and Stormy hold tied to that number 1 million + units still sit on store shelves just like it happen this pas December when they shipped 3.9 million but only 3 million sold.

You know they were doing by just looking at NPD.

Less than 400K in US in 2 months isn't great,specially when outside US the xbox one is bombing.

MS is very clever and they would try to hide anything that show the xbox one as weak vs the PS4 saying we sold 3.5 million in February 20 is not something MS will want to do specially whit sony racking up numbers fast,because that spread even more the idea that the PS4 is winning and stir the market even more.

@delta3074 said:

You clearly know nothing about how business works, i do, thats why i have a btec national diploma in business and finance and you don't, a company or division can be in the red but they are still making profit.

Let me explain it for you tormentos, A company can be in the red overall but if the amount of money they are making is greater than there operating costs and overheads then the company is considered to be IN profit

Profit (defintion)

'a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something'

The xbox division at that time was Making more money than it cost to Produce or operate the 360 hence they where in profit..

just FOCUS on the Definition of PROFIT i posted and then think about what you said.

Firs of all save it,the xbox one loss 7+ billion dollars which MS hasn't make back period,analyst are accusing MS or hiding xbox losses with money won from Android patents,MS was accuse of doing the same with poor Surface sales and losses.

Look at it now MS claimed that they would make a small profit or brake even with the xbox one,now how do you think that will happen when Titanfall is been given free,Titanfall isn't a MS owned game is a Respawn game publish by EA,so every bundle MS sold with it,money goes into EA and Respawn pockets and while i am sure $60 will not be a cool $20 or $25 per unit will be,add that MS has been advertising this game probably in what can be consider as an Halo scale advertisement campaign how much money do you think they are making now per unit.? Oh and that doesn't include the 30 pound drop in price in UK,remember UK earning are convert to dollars when they come back to MS,so a 70+ pound deal MS is offering in UK is a nasty $100 + when your translate that back to dollars.

So i think is this very moment MS is actually losing money on the xbox one.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Wow, great rebuttals (sincerely).

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I don't see how it's a mystery to anyone unless they have their head in the sand that MS isn't doing as well as expected. I have NEVER seen a console reduced so early in it's life span.