Will Marvel ever has it's "Arkham" quility game?

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Poll Will Marvel ever has it's "Arkham" quility game? (30 votes)

Yes 10%
Activision, no 90%

My friends. After recently seeing the new Xman: Days Or Future Pasts trailer. I was thinking about video games. Marvel, (IMHO) has vastly superior and more interesting characters than DC. DC has, Batman, Superman, and the rest. who nobody gives a **** about. Agree?

Do you think Marvel will ever wake up at some point and start putting out "Arkham" quality games? Or will we continue to get shit put out primarily by Activision?

• 
blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

I don't think so,

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

There is no Marvel character with the layered nuances or subtext of Batman, so no.

(X-Men would come very close, but because it is divested into so many characters, I doubt it would translate as well to a video game, which typically can only follow one, maybe two, character(s) at a time)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58647 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

There is no Marvel character with the layered nuances or subtext of Batman, so no.

This is false my friend. A half dozen characters even in the Xmen universe (let alone the rest of Marvel) have more "layered nuances". Batman is a rich cookie monster who is very hungry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@uninspiredcup said:

@charizard1605 said:

This is false my friend. A half dozen characters even in the Xmen universe (let alone the rest of Marvel) have more "layered nuances". Batman is a rich cookie monster who is very hungry.

I do mention X-Men above as the sole exception to my statement, but I also point out why X-Men won't work as a game as well as Batman does, and it is something you touch upon yourself: it's divested across too many characters. Video games traditionally follow one, maybe two characters, unless it's an RPG. X-Men wouldn't translate over all that well.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@charizard1605 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@charizard1605 said:

I do mention X-Men above as the sole exception to my statement, but I also point out why X-Men won't work as a game as well as Batman does, and it is something you touch upon yourself: it's divested across too many characters. Video games traditionally follow one, maybe two characters, unless it's an RPG. X-Men wouldn't translate over all that well.

Given how you can basically do anything with video games, I would disagree. regarding Batman, that sort of is Arkhams problem. Rather than focusing on one or two villains, it attempts to ram in as many as possible. And ultimately, every title basically becomes "the joker".

My personal hopes with Origins was "Yes! Black Mask!" But then... well, know. Same shit all over again. Big yawn for the joker.

Even though they mention a brand new villain for Arkham 4, chances are they will find some fucking way of ramming the joker down peoples throats. ****.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@uninspiredcup said:

@charizard1605 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@charizard1605 said:

Given how you can basically do anything with video games, I would disagree. regarding Batman, that sort of is Arkhams problem. Rather than focusing on one or two villains, it attempts to ram in as many as possible. And ultimately, every title basically becomes "the joker".

My personal hopes with Origins was "Yes! Black Mask!" But then... well, know. Same shit all over again. Big yawn for the joker.

Even though they mention a brand new villain for Arkham 4, chances are they will find some fucking way of ramming the joker down peoples throats. ****.

They can't.

The Joker died at the end of Arkham City.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@charizard1605 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@charizard1605 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@charizard1605 said:

They can't.

£10 bet this is what happens. Regardless,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@uninspiredcup said:

@charizard1605 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@charizard1605 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@charizard1605 said:

They can't.

£10 bet this is what happens. Regardless,

I won't bet money (I'm a college student, money is hard to come by xD), but sure, let's make a bet about it.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Nope! Marvel has shit characters.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

They'd have to make it based off a single character, which one? Would have to be a very "mortal" character, Stark?

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

@SNIPER4321: What in the world are you talking about man, Spiderman being for kids?...are you serious

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup  Online

@Spartan070 said:

They'd have to make it based off a single character, which one? Would have to be a very "mortal" character, Stark?

I dono why you guys keep saying that. (For example) Teletale could possibly make a fucking awesome xmen game.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Anyone remember X-Men Origins: Wolverine The Game? It was pretty good. Probably the best game from the Marvel universe.

Loading Video...

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts
@zeeshanhaider said:

Nope! Marvel has shit characters.

@charizard1605 said:

(X-Men would come very close, but because it is divested into so many characters, I doubt it would translate as well to a video game, which typically can only follow one, maybe two, character(s) at a time)

People who have no experience with Marvel comics.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

I don't see why it can't be done, Marvel has tons of characters with great stories and powers.

3SidedSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 3SidedSquare
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts

DC will never have Marvel quality movies, and Marvel will never have a game as good as Arkham.

Also Batman is overrated. The character, not the games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

Probably not, but the Wolverine games were pretty good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@3SidedSquare said:

DC will never have Marvel quality movies, and Marvel will never have a game as good as Arkham.

Lol. DC has The Dark Knight Trilogy, which is better, waaaaay better, than the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Yangire
@charizard1605 said:

@3SidedSquare said:

Lol. DC has The Dark Knight Trilogy, which is better, waaaaay better, than the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

So you're judging Marvel and DC's offerings by their movies? I expected more out of you, Char,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Yangire said:
@charizard1605 said:

@3SidedSquare said:

So you're judging Marvel and DC's offerings by their movies? I expected more out of you, Char,

I'm not? Where did I ever say that I was? :/

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Yangire

@charizard1605:

It came across as that, so what comics do you read?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Yangire said:
@charizard1605 said:

@3SidedSquare said:

Even if you judge it by the movies, X2 and first class piss all over Nolans movies. Easily.

People seem to mistake "dark tone" as "better". Objectively, these movies are better in multiple regards. For one thing, it has females who act like females. Nolan can't write females, they are robots with tits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Yangire said:

@charizard1605:

It came across as that, so what comics do you read?

I don't read any anymore. I used to read Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Spiderman, and every now and then, I'd pick up Justice League as well, though that never interested me as much.

Outside of superhero comics, I have read V for Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Adventures of Tintin, 300, and Asterix that I remember right off the top of my head- I'm forgetting a lot of stuff right now.

@uninspiredcup said:

Even if you judge it by the movies, X2 and first class piss all over Nolans movies. Easily.

Patently false, also rather laughable.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Stop making stupid threads

Also DC > Marvel, fyi this is coming from a hardcore Marvel fanboy throughout the 90's. Marvel has been pretty bad lately while DC has actually improved.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@charizard1605 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Patently false, also rather laughable.

Lets use some logic of the movies writing.

Xmen 2.

Magneeto is imprisoned in plastic. So, when Raven masquerading as a Senator learns of his location she seduces a guard and injects him with Iron. This ingeniously allows her to get metal to Magneeto while not being picked up on a scanner due to such a little amount. Magneeto draws the iron and has a great escape scene with the dickhead guard getting his comeuppance.

This is good, well thought out, well written stuff.

The Dark Knight

The Joker puts a bomb in a dude, some how (with magic) knows Batman will smash glass (with magic that he knows is breakable glass which is dumb). Then, he manages to get out the door, the bomb goes off and everyone within 3 feet of him (with magic) drop dead but he is fine. Cut to scene of him in prison car...

This is not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@uninspiredcup: But... the scene you described doesn't happen in The Dark Knight. At all.

You want to talk about bad writing? How about the fact that in X2, Jean Grey didn't fucking need to die?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@charizard1605 said:

@uninspiredcup: But... the scene you described doesn't happen in The Dark Knight. At all.

You want to talk about bad writing? How about the fact that in X2, Jean Grey didn't fucking need to die?

It does.

Another example... Batman Begins...

Bruce Wayne refuses to join the league of Shadows proclaiming the courts should deal with someone they want executed. "I'm no executioner". He then proceeds to blow up the building executing everyone with a pulse in (including the fucking guy they wanted dead) but his bro (because the story needs him alive for later on).

This is stupid,

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Sure they can with the right people making it. They can make a great rated R Punisher game with a great story and action!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ballroompirate

@ni6htmare01 said:

Sure they can with the right people making it. They can make a great rated R Punisher game with a great story and action!

They did on the PS2, which was a pretty amazing game. The Punisher movie (the one that was made like 5 or 6 years ago) left a bad taste in peoples mouths so we won't see a decent Punisher game at all in the future most likely.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@uninspiredcup said:

@charizard1605 said:

It does.

Another example... Batman Begins...

Bruce Wayne refuses to join the league of Shadows proclaiming the courts should deal with someone they want executed. "I'm no executioner". He then proceeds to blow up the building executing everyone with a puls in (including the fucking guy they wanted dead) but his bro (because the story needs him alive for later on).

This is stupid,

No it didn't, did you see The Dark Knight?

You are referring to the prison sequence, which plays out nothing like what you just described.

As for Batman Begins, sure, that was there, that was dumb.

You know what else was dumb? Toad's death in X-Men. Or, and I can't stress this enough, Jean Grey's death in X-Men 2. You know, the movie held up as the paragon of 'serious' Marvel cinematic goodness by people such as yourself? Yeah, pretty big plothole right there.

Do you want to know why? Because, and say it with me here- these. Are. Fucking. Comic book. Movies.

They're going to have some suspension of disbelief and logic necessary to enjoy them. Actually, I'm doing these movies a disservice here, any movie will require that. Nitpicking about co-incidences or 'dumb' decisions that drive the story in the movie forwards is getting you nowhere. If you dislike 'poor' writing such as this, you might as well just stop watching mainstream movies and just stick to indie and arthouse films. Or, since I know you like them, Bollywood movies.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Suspension of disbelief of works in Xmen because it can seamlessly jump between tone (due to being a superior movies). It can quite happily go for Sir Ian or Sir Patric scene chewing like they are in Hamlet to Sir Ian winking in campy delight.

The Dark Knight is po faced, attempting realism grounded reality approach. But, due to being inferior, are logically dumb and tonally uneven.

A great example of this infereioity can plainly be seen in the "so that's what it feels like" cookie monster voice (because he can't act) in TDK. Which is suppose to be light humor but fails miserably due to xmen being 100X better.

Also Christopher Nolan is a big dickhead. Dream within a dream my arse.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Lol, I was watching X2 at the gym the other day and it was the ending, and yeah there is not a whole lot of reason for Jean Grey to die. Besides setting up the awful 3rd movie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@uninspiredcup said:

Suspension of disbelief of works in Xmen because it can seamlessly jump between tone (due to being a superior movies). It can quite happily go for Sir Ian or Sir Patric scene chewing like they are in Hamlet to Sir Ian winking in campy delight.

The Dark Knight is po faced, attempting realism grounded reality approach. But, due to being inferior, are logically dumb and tonally uneven.

A great example of this infereioity can plainly be seen in the "so that's what it feels like" cookie monster voice (because he can't act) in TDK. Which is suppose to be light humor but fails miserably due to xmen being 100X better.

Also Christopher Nolan is a big dickhead. Dream within a dream my arse.

So, basically, you're an idiot talking out of his arse. Gotcha. Don't really know why I expected to engage you in a meaningful conversation, maybe I thought it'd be different with movies than it is with games. My bad. I won't make that mistake again.

@lostrib said:

Lol, I was watching X2 at the gym the other day and it was the ending, and yeah there is not a whole lot of reason for Jean Grey to die. Besides setting up the awful 3rd movie

Dude, the third movie was going to be so awesome originally :( Then they went ahead and fucked it all up.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ballroompirate

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

All of the X-men movies were horrible, except First Class.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lostrib

@Ballroompirate said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

Compared to Wolverine: Origins, they were Oscar Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Ballroompirate said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

X2 was pretty good in spite of the plotholes though.

I really need to see First Class...

Days of the Future Past looks amazing

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

However the new poster looks awful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

However the new poster looks awful

Ew. Yeah, that looks low budget as **** lol.

linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

a good game about Captain America would be awesome.

Loading Video...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ballroompirate

@lostrib:

True but they still sucked :P

In fact the only Marvel movies that weren't meh-horrible are Ironman 1, X-Men First Class, Avengers, Thor 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 uninspiredcup  Online
@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

The dam had to be stopped for them to leave. Also she doesn't die.

Again, writing. Script e.t.c....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Ballroompirate said:

@lostrib:

In fact the only Marvel movies that weren't meh-horrible are Ironman 1, X-Men First Class, Avengers, Thor 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Spiderman 2...!

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

At least Marvel is trying to make movies. Amazing Spiderman 2, Days of Future Past and Captain America Winter Soldier look good. Guardians will probably be a flop, What is DC giving you? Last years Man of Steel was a joke and you get to look forward to Ben Aflake as Batman . Also the 3rd Dark Knight movie wasn't that great.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

The Avengers Movie was the best superhero movie ever made, and the 3 Ironman movies are better than any movie with "Batman" in the title except the comedy Adam West starred in way back when.

EDIT: as for the original topic, I think Lego has made the best Marvel game to date, but there are no shortages of good Marvel characters to choose from. A developer could just decide what type of game they want, and there would be a Marvel character who could fit the role.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 uninspiredcup  Online

@brucebenzing said:

At least Marvel is trying to make movies. Amazing Spiderman 2, Days of Future Past and Captain America Winter Soldier look good. Guardians will probably be a flop, What is DC giving you? Last years Man of Steel was a joke and you get to look forward to Ben Aflake as Batman . Also the 3rd Dark Knight movie wasn't that great.

My friend, Ben Afleck is pretty decent in Daredevil a similar generic character to Batman. the movie, so-so, however he himself in it, is ok.

Not entirely sure why the young people be hating. It will be quite hard for anyone to be as bad as Christian Bale.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@brucebenzing said:

DC is giving me:

• Great comics (isn't the New 52 line universally well received?)
  • Great TV (watch Arrow. It shames Agents of SHIELD, and is a darn good TV show in its own right)
  • Great games (where is Marvel's Batman: Arkham again?)
  • Great, albeit inconsistent, movies (The Dark Knight Trilogy was great; Man of Steel was a bust, but I do have high hopes from Batman vs Superman, they seem to be getting a lot right)

Meanwhile, all of Marvel's phase two movies so far have been disappointing- Iron Man 3 makes the entire Tony Stark storyline redundant, Thor 2 was great, but underwhelming after the first one, although Captain America 2 admittedly looks great. Marvels's TV show sucks, and their comic line is stuck in a rut. Also, Marvel's video games are a joke.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Ballroompirate said:

@lostrib:

My freind, a Metal Gear Solid avatar makes you far from criticizing movies since these are essentially the worst movies ever made. Any leaps in Nolans work is but a grain of sand compared to Kojima's long ponderous pretentious nonsense. Bannana's in Pajama's is better written. With better theme tune to boot that isn't plagiarized like pretty much everything in Metal Gear solids.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ballroompirate

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@lostrib:

Spiderman 2...!

Fraking hated the Tobey Maguire Spidey films

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lostrib

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@lostrib:

Spiderman 2...!

Fraking hated the Tobey Maguire Spidey films

Yeah, Tobey Maguire sucks in general, as does Kirsten Dunst