Will Lords Of Shadow 2 have the best OST of 2014?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by uninspiredcup (8687 posts) -

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was widely praised for it's soundtrack. Is it safe to say in 2014, it will be hard for any game on any system to compete with the Lord of Shadow 2 soundtrack? Seems so.

#2 Edited by Pffrbt (6556 posts) -

No since I imagine it's probably just bland orchestrated music.

#3 Posted by Zassimick (6576 posts) -

I know a lot of people disliked the OST of the original LoS, but I loved it. I'd say it has the strong possibility of being the best of the year to me.

#4 Posted by Slashkice (13182 posts) -

Drakengard 3 is the one to watch, since it's the successor to NieR.

#5 Posted by lightleggy (16003 posts) -

I'm like 2 hours into the game and I'm hating the music so far, sometimes it's awfully quiet, then it suddenly starts with a huge, non-harmonic boom, sometimes it even feels as if it the music is being abruptly cut and looped.

#6 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2980 posts) -

If not the best then one of the best. Keeping my 360 close by for this beauty.

#7 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Lords of Shadow already has one of the best sountracks this gen. LoS2 will definitely be a contender. The music for this E3 trailer is already amazing (Titan I think it's called).

#8 Edited by Heil68 (44695 posts) -

Could be, I'm thinking Halo5 could be great too.

#9 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8842 posts) -

I have LoS in my backlog btw.

#10 Posted by foxhound_fox (88439 posts) -

I highly doubt Michiru Yamane is doing the score.

#11 Posted by foxhound_fox (88439 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

Drakengard 3 is the one to watch, since it's the successor to NieR.

Also, this. NieR had pretty much the best soundtrack from last gen.

#12 Posted by Jag85 (4490 posts) -

I don't know, but this track sounds really good. It doesn't sound much like Castlevania to me though (since it's a different composer), but it lives up to its standards.

#13 Posted by freedomfreak (40646 posts) -

It will be Drakengard 3.

#14 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6202 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

Are you familiar with the composer for the castlevania series? She's a fucking legend. Check back after reading about Yamane.

#15 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -

Broken Age. Peter McConnell and Melbourne Symphony Orchestra are top notch and part 1's soundtrack was breathtaking. If Broken Age's soundtrack isn't the best of 2014, it's definitely a contender.

#16 Posted by Pffrbt (6556 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@Pffrbt said:

Are you familiar with the composer for the castlevania series? She's a fucking legend. Check back after reading about Yamane.

No.

#17 Edited by silversix_ (14647 posts) -

I don't know but after watching the last trailer that was released yesterday i can't fucking wait to play the game on pc. Creatures in this game need to win creatures of the year or something cuz god dayuuum. Also, better voice acting is not something you'll find in any game even Rockstar titles included. I don't know how could so many ignore and not be excited for this game.....................

#18 Posted by SteXmaN (449 posts) -
@silversix_ said:

I don't know but after watching the last trailer that was released yesterday i can't fucking wait to play the game on pc. Creatures in this game need to win creatures of the year or something cuz god dayuuum

I agree and overall art design is just amazing.Waiting for Steam pre-order to pop up :)

#19 Edited by silversix_ (14647 posts) -

People not hyped for this are sto0opid

#20 Edited by uninspiredcup (8687 posts) -

The voice acting for LOS was really good. It's a pitty the story telling was so bad. The concept behind it was great and the concluding battle (google it) was fucking epic. Just pish poor storytelling. Didn't Hideo Kojima stick his hand in this game? Lets blame him.