Will killzone be punished for not being halo or BF?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nhh18 (6538 posts) -

It seems to me that their is an underlying theme in triple A games that certain high budget games don't get oh my gawd straight into my veins. I am overwhelmed by the awesomeness displayed. I am awestruck by the genius of so and so. Because a certain developer and publisher didn't make it. Do you believe that 90% of video games involve whitewashing through the roof telling you how much fun you are having. Aren't you fed up about the consensus in reviews about video games. Beyond two souls is the first game ever to have mixed reviews in the last 6 years. I hope more games get mixed reviews and that video game reviewers stop their racist oriental stereotype of japanese gaming. Oh wait I am the only person that actually holds these beliefs

#2 Posted by lostrib (41960 posts) -

wtf are you talking about

#3 Edited by lundy86_4 (44157 posts) -

@lostrib said:

wtf are you talking about

#4 Posted by remiks00 (2440 posts) -

#6 Edited by soulitane (13867 posts) -

You're so cool and different.

#7 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

They didn't punish Killzone 3 for being Call of Duty.

#8 Posted by Basinboy (11374 posts) -

gjre'akslghdkaoisghl;akfdnb;lkdfjtagfd

^ More discernible than OP

#9 Posted by dreamdude (4619 posts) -

It seems that you're angry.

You don't have to pay attention to reviews you know?

#10 Posted by ISpeakFactJr (15 posts) -

Punished? Of course not. It will be praised for not being Halo or Battlefield. Killzone still the best fps available.

You can't stop SDC, son. /:-)

#11 Edited by nhh18 (6538 posts) -

certain developers and publishers get scores higher than they should because of the name of the game. Certain games get lower reviews because of the developer and name. There is a consensus in video game reviews. Beyond two souls is the first game ever to have mixed reviews. If you notice, gta V, Halo X, Battlefield X, and Mario X will get high scores while 'other' games by 'smaller developers and publishers' will get lower. Naughty Dog games are automatic triple A metacritic scores regardless of the quality. Sucker Punch games are automatic 80 regardless of quality

#12 Posted by Gue1 (11181 posts) -

don't forget about Pokemon, same archaic game since the 90's but still getting 8's and 9's across the board!

#13 Posted by AdobeArtist (23025 posts) -

Killzone 2 got a 9, and KZ3 scored an 8.5. How is it getting "punished"?? :| :|

#14 Edited by dobzilian (2817 posts) -

Killzone is awful, Simple as that but Halo franchise is awful too.

#15 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

Killzone Shadowfall in my opinion graphically looks the best as far as next gen launch. Killzone 3 was by far one of PS3's best titles.

#16 Posted by TheEroica (14382 posts) -

Killzone will score in and around where it deserves... the end. Some will over/under shoot the average, but it'll be around what it should be... just like most every other game.

#17 Posted by sukraj (23818 posts) -

@soulitane said:

You're so cool and different.

you're so cool brewster

#19 Posted by Senor_Kami (8439 posts) -

It will be punished because Killzone 1 was flat out bad, Killzone 2 was subpar, and Killzone 3 was mediocre. Its legacy of lackluster titles is why the latest iteration will be "punished." Don't worry though, seemingly every Killzone games sells enough copies to warrant a sequel so the only punishment will be on sites like SW and Gaf as opposed to the real world.

#20 Posted by always_explicit (3057 posts) -

The thing thats going to stop this killzone scoring high is the excessive flashy lightey strobey explodey moitioney blurrey shizz.

total overkill.

#21 Edited by drekula2 (2968 posts) -

Like it or not, Killzone was made to combat Halo in the same way Sonic was made to combat Mario.

#22 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8817 posts) -

KZ will be punished for being a boring, bad game. Nothing can save it.

#23 Posted by gago-gago (9854 posts) -

Killzone will be Killxone meaning it'll be cool to some the first months then noone will care for it as Killxone never have any impact in the shooter genre.

#24 Posted by cainetao11 (19125 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

Killzone 2 got a 9, and KZ3 scored an 8.5. How is it getting "punished"?? :| :|

not to mention Mercenary getting a good score. The series is fun. What is the point if you don't like fun, TC?

#25 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9748 posts) -

I'm sorry, but what is the point you are trying to make here?

#26 Posted by NFJSupreme (5403 posts) -

i'm glad that i'm not the only one confused as fuck by this haha.

#27 Posted by silversix_ (15822 posts) -

its CoD in space with heavier feel... nothing to punish, just another generic shooter.

#28 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9748 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

its CoD in space with heavier feel... nothing to punish, just another generic shooter.

Except that KZ, in addition to a completely different feel (as if that doesn't matter), it has a completely different control scheme and a differently designed MP.

But other than that, it's totally just CoD in space. Oh, and except that it hardly ever takes place in space.

#29 Edited by silversix_ (15822 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

Except that KZ, in addition to a completely different feel (as if that doesn't matter), it has a completely different control scheme and a differently designed MP.

But other than that, it's totally just CoD in space. Oh, and except that it hardly ever takes place in space.

same small maps you run in a circle and slower because your character feels heavier. No difference between CoD and KZ. Multiplayer gameplay of SF shows this perfectly.

#30 Posted by Dog (37 posts) -

Battlefield and Call of Duty are solid games. Killzone isn't at all. It's a terribly mediocre FPS.

#31 Edited by NFJSupreme (5403 posts) -

What exactly has killzone brought to the genre that hasn't already been done? I can write a whole book on changes that Halo brought to the first person shooter. Hell even CoD has innovated although not since COD4. BF4 is switching things up with the whole commander mode. What is Killzone's contribution to the FPS genre? Serious question here.

#32 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9748 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

same small maps you run in a circle and slower because your character feels heavier. No difference between CoD and KZ. Multiplayer gameplay of SF shows this perfectly.

lol, I don't think you've played Killzone, judging from the part I bolded. Many of the maps on Killzone are way bigger than most of Black Ops' and MW3's (the CoD's I have had the misfortune of playing) maps. Also, no one runs around in circles on Killzone; no one any good, anyway. The maps are not designed to be played like that (unless you want to killed all the time).

And, even if you disagree, that still doesn't make Killzone a CoD clone because CoD isn't the first FPS with those qualities you listed.

#33 Posted by platinumking320 (667 posts) -

Meh. Haters. The trench warfare approach to placing enemies in Killzone for me is better than typical cover based in other FPS. Those helghast are good enough at catching you at a bad angle, and I like the way they flank.

#34 Edited by sukraj (23818 posts) -

@nhh18 said:

It seems to me that their is an underlying theme in triple A games that certain high budget games don't get oh my gawd straight into my veins. I am overwhelmed by the awesomeness displayed. I am awestruck by the genius of so and so. Because a certain developer and publisher didn't make it. Do you believe that 90% of video games involve whitewashing through the roof telling you how much fun you are having. Aren't you fed up about the consensus in reviews about video games. Beyond two souls is the first game ever to have mixed reviews in the last 6 years. I hope more games get mixed reviews and that video game reviewers stop their racist oriental stereotype of japanese gaming. Oh wait I am the only person that actually holds these beliefs

Dont say that man.

#35 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

No, Killzone will be punished for being Killzone

#36 Posted by Chrome- (1674 posts) -

@ispeakfactjr said:

Punished? Of course not. It will be praised for not being Halo or Battlefield. Killzone still the best fps available.

You can't stop SDC, son. /:-)

lol the king of the cows is back

#37 Edited by silversix_ (15822 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

lol, I don't think you've played Killzone, judging from the part I bolded. Many of the maps on Killzone are way bigger than most of Black Ops' and MW3's (the CoD's I have had the misfortune of playing) maps. Also, no one runs around in circles on Killzone; no one any good, anyway. The maps are not designed to be played like that (unless you want to killed all the time).

And, even if you disagree, that still doesn't make Killzone a CoD clone because CoD isn't the first FPS with those qualities you listed.

i didn't just play the game, i've beaten the 2nd and third, i know how it is. KZ fans always deny the fact that its just call of duty and i find this funny... The maps are designed in a circle you are supposed to run around and see a person to shoot every 4sec. That's how amazing your KZ maps are designed. Its call of duty in space with nice looking weapons, that's KZ:SF.

#38 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9748 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

i didn't just play the game, i've beaten the 2nd and third, i know how it is. KZ fans always deny the fact that its just call of duty and i find this funny... The maps are designed in a circle you are supposed to run around and see a person to shoot every 4sec. That's how amazing your KZ maps are designed. Its call of duty in space with nice looking weapons, that's KZ:SF.

I have never played KZ online with anyone that was successful, whose strategy was to run around in a circle over the map. Now, if we're talking about Guerrilla Warfare (the mode for the Call of Duty crowd, in my opinion), then you might be right (I played that mode, like, five times before never going back to it); however, Warzone and Operations do not permit that strategy to be successful. Most teams that succeed on Warzone have to use strategies such as capturing tactical spawn points (in KZ3), sniping to block an exit, constantly revive their allies, and so on. If you implement the Call of Duty strategy of running around in a circle doing nothing other than occasionally getting a kill, at the very least you're going to have a poor K/D more than likely, and at the very worse, you're going to hurt your team since you wouldn't be helping them with the objectives.