Will Homeworld Remastered shame Last Of Us Remastered?

  • 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (9017 posts) -

For many older gamers such as myself, we are deeply unimpressed by Last Of US. Due specifically, to titles the epic grandeur of titles like Homeworld. Which are genuinely groundbreaking titles that done a superior job of creating a cinematic experience with actual gameplay substance to go with it.

For the older gamers among you, or even the younger ones who may have (very doubtful) somehow played a Homeworld game recently, d o you think the effort being put into these titles will make the Last Of US Remastered look fairly lazy in comparison?

Features

- All textures redone

- Remastered Soundtrack

- New Soundtracks

- All cutscenes re-done

- The original unedited games

- Both games (1 and 2) Remastered, a double Remastered

- New post production effects that didn't exist at the time

- Steamwork multiplayer integration

- Support for User created content

- Community fans are actively helping to create it

Last Of Us Remastered features

- Textures that look abit different

- 60fps (original Homeworld games already done this)

It seems a strong possibility, Gearbox will make the Remastered Last Of Us appear very lazy in comparison.

Would you agree with this? I believe in Gearbox. They will redeem themselves.

#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (30112 posts) -

lolno

#3 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

most remasters shame TLOU remastered, its the laziest one iv ever seen. Another console crap job.

#4 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

it does sound impressive.

to be fair, homeworld being so much older, there's much more room for improvement.

but at the same time, yes in general i'm far more interested in returning to a remastered homeworld, not so enthusiastic about trying to enjoy tlou again.

and i am a younger gamer, i'm only 30.

#5 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8228 posts) -

LOL Gearbox.

#6 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5075 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

it does sound impressive.

to be fair, homeworld being so much older, there's much more room for improvement.

but at the same time, yes in general i'm far more interested in returning to a remastered homeworld, not so enthusiastic about trying to enjoy tlou again.

and i am a younger gamer, i'm only 30.

this statement is contradictory *wink*

#7 Edited by uninspiredcup (9017 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

and i am a younger gamer, i'm only 30.

My friend, I hope you don't have a hairline, this would be deeply saddening.

#8 Edited by lamprey263 (24240 posts) -

Gearbox sounds like they're putting more work into making improvements on the original game than Naughty Dog did for Last of Us, but there is a lot more room for improvement for Homeworld than there was for Last of Us, I mean Homeworld is 15 years old and Homeworld 2 11 years old, Last of Us came out on PS3 only a year ago.

#9 Edited by uninspiredcup (9017 posts) -

11 years on, Homeworld 2 is still a relatively nice looking game.

The cinematic presentation through the (incredible) soundtrack, voice-work and writing still blasts the shit out of RTS games (and in general games) today. I would include Blizzard in that.

Homeworld, much less so, obviously. But, still "ok" looking. Even for being old as fuck.

#10 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

and i am a younger gamer, i'm only 30.

My friend, I hope you don't have a hairline, this would be deeply saddening.

unfortunately i do have one however i've asked for more, harder work; and less salary - i hope my employer gives it to me. hopefully the extra stress takes care of the unnecessary head hair.

i mean, you have to shampoo the stuff all the time, some people even style it. what a waste. 'get rid of it' i say.

#11 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13783 posts) -

".....cinematic experience with actual gameplay substance to go with it."

I'm noticing a trend where as people begin to like cutcenes they give them fancy terms and definitions to justify their existance in a medium where they just don't belong.

I plan to probe statements like these everytime they come up from now on, besides RPGs need a break from my Tyrany anyway.

#12 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3763 posts) -

Time will tell . But considering that the Homeworld games are over a decade old , I think difference in visuals will be huge . I heard that they are remaking assets from ground up for this remaster .

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (17783 posts) -

Tried Homeworld a long time ago. RTS just not my thing.

#14 Posted by airshocker (29932 posts) -

But they're completely different games...

#15 Posted by dante1972 (639 posts) -

I will probably by a PC for this. It's worth the price to me. Man I loved that game. I'm 41 now and still remember it clear as day.

#16 Posted by uninspiredcup (9017 posts) -

@airshocker said:

But they're completely different games...

But we aren't talking about genre.

Although it should be noted, Homeworld is factually better.

#17 Posted by Vecna (3394 posts) -

It's not hard to top Sony on a remaster when it comes to value.

#18 Edited by The_Stand_In (396 posts) -

The bar wasn't exactly set high. Homeworld 2 still looks good to this day, despite being a game from 2003. I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if Homeworld Remastered was as lazy as TLOUR. Luckily, it isn't. Even if they just re-released Homeworld 2 with 1080p support, it would STILL destroy TLOUR.

#19 Edited by uninspiredcup (9017 posts) -

@dante1972 said:

I will probably by a PC for this. It's worth the price to me. Man I loved that game. I'm 41 now and still remember it clear as day.

Wonderful times my friend.

Before the term "cinematic" became a corrupted phrase primarily due to consoles.

#20 Posted by RossRichard (2394 posts) -

Gearbox is a horrible developer. They lucked out with Borderlands, but everything else they touch turns to feces.

#21 Posted by bulby_g (1138 posts) -

I think it's hard to compare the 2 really. They are completely different games and Homeworld is so much older and there is far more room for improvement in the graphics/presentation department. That said I'm looking forward to the Homeworld remaster much more and it's a day one purchase for me. Loved the series so much and I've been holding off playing my old disks so I can fully enjoy this on release. As I have The Last Of Us on PS3 already and it's so similar I'm only likely to buy the remaster when it's in the bargain bin and I fancy playing it again (if I ever get a PS4 that is).

#22 Edited by Cobra_nVidia (1607 posts) -

Honestly, I don't see the point. The only thing I would be looking forward to would be intel mac compatibility, since the original was PowerPC so I can't play it.

I still have Homeworld 2, and it looks quite nice at 1080p. I guess they could spruce up the first game though.

#23 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17784 posts) -

REMASTER the remastered Edition.

#24 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5075 posts) -

lol master pleb race still butthurt about the game of the generation not being on their system

#25 Edited by adamosmaki (9657 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

LOL Gearbox.

i love homeworld but exactly this . I dont trust one bit gearbox

#26 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8524 posts) -

What do u mean older? I am only 32 and I ever homeworld. It doesn't seem like that long ago. :(

#27 Posted by sSubZerOo (43216 posts) -
@RoboCopISJesus said:

most remasters shame TLOU remastered, its the laziest one iv ever seen. Another console crap job.

Yeah I don't get it, people were defending the fact PS4 had no backwards compatability because it may have made it too expensive adding $50 to $100 of it's base cost.. Yet they are paying $50 for a small improvement of a game that released on PS3 LAST year.. Ridiculous.

#28 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

For many older gamers such as myself,

You accidentially admit before you were born in year 2000. And you act like child.

#29 Posted by nethernova (4116 posts) -

You mean there's more to remaster in a game that's 10+ years old than in a recent one? Wow!

#30 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16433 posts) -

Totally different games shouldn't be compared to each other.

#31 Edited by Heil68 (45267 posts) -

Nope. Homeworld didn't get an unprecedented amount of GOTYs

#32 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8524 posts) -

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

#33 Edited by clone01 (24846 posts) -

Will uninspired moron ever be more than a trolling twit? I think that's the bigger question.

#34 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1607 posts) -
@AutoPilotOn said:

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are likely astronomically superior games to the Last of Us - considering how console games like Gears of War, the Darkness, Eternal Sonata, etc seem to get such high reviews. If it's not a console genre that uses game controllers to the max (platformers, fighting games, driving games) it's safe to assume there's a lot of padding in the ratings and awards.

However, in the context of this topic, it's not relevant. Heli posted that because he always does - he is a moron and a troll.

#35 Posted by mems_1224 (47293 posts) -

Probably. WOuldn't be hard to outdo that half assed TLOU port job though

#36 Edited by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

Homeworld Remaster is gonna be epic but this thread sucks balls.

Still have Homeworld (and Cataclysm) and Homeworld 2, amazing games still.

#37 Posted by clone01 (24846 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

Homeworld Remaster is gonna be epic but this thread sucks balls.

Still have Homeworld (and Cataclysm) and Homeworld 2, amazing games still.

Consider the source. Would you expect anything better?

#38 Posted by MonsieurX (30489 posts) -

@clone01 said:

Will uninspired moron ever be more than a trolling twit? I think that's the bigger question.

Highly doubt it.

#39 Posted by Heil68 (45267 posts) -

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are likely astronomically superior games to the Last of Us - considering how console games like Gears of War, the Darkness, Eternal Sonata, etc seem to get such high reviews. If it's not a console genre that uses game controllers to the max (platformers, fighting games, driving games) it's safe to assume there's a lot of padding in the ratings and awards.

However, in the context of this topic, it's not relevant. Heli posted that because he always does - he is a moron and a troll.

Stay Salty my friend :D

#legendary

#40 Posted by clone01 (24846 posts) -

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are likely astronomically superior games to the Last of Us - considering how console games like Gears of War, the Darkness, Eternal Sonata, etc seem to get such high reviews. If it's not a console genre that uses game controllers to the max (platformers, fighting games, driving games) it's safe to assume there's a lot of padding in the ratings and awards.

However, in the context of this topic, it's not relevant. Heli posted that because he always does - he is a moron and a troll.

I'll take Heil over I can haz any day. And he's not a moron. You've posted nothing except your personal opinion. Do not try to twist your perspective as fact.

#41 Posted by Heil68 (45267 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are likely astronomically superior games to the Last of Us - considering how console games like Gears of War, the Darkness, Eternal Sonata, etc seem to get such high reviews. If it's not a console genre that uses game controllers to the max (platformers, fighting games, driving games) it's safe to assume there's a lot of padding in the ratings and awards.

However, in the context of this topic, it's not relevant. Heli posted that because he always does - he is a moron and a troll.

I'll take Heil over I can haz any day. And he's not a moron. You've posted nothing except your personal opinion. Do not try to twist your perspective as fact.

awwww yeahhhhh

#42 Edited by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@clone01 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are likely astronomically superior games to the Last of Us - considering how console games like Gears of War, the Darkness, Eternal Sonata, etc seem to get such high reviews. If it's not a console genre that uses game controllers to the max (platformers, fighting games, driving games) it's safe to assume there's a lot of padding in the ratings and awards.

However, in the context of this topic, it's not relevant. Heli posted that because he always does - he is a moron and a troll.

I'll take Heil over I can haz any day. And he's not a moron. You've posted nothing except your personal opinion. Do not try to twist your perspective as fact.

awwww yeahhhhh

Your highly successful and harmless trolling continues to be highly successful and harmless.

P.S. You should take uninspiredcup as an apprentice (or padawan :P) he needs all the help he can get.

#43 Posted by Heil68 (45267 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@Heil68 said:

@clone01 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are likely astronomically superior games to the Last of Us - considering how console games like Gears of War, the Darkness, Eternal Sonata, etc seem to get such high reviews. If it's not a console genre that uses game controllers to the max (platformers, fighting games, driving games) it's safe to assume there's a lot of padding in the ratings and awards.

However, in the context of this topic, it's not relevant. Heli posted that because he always does - he is a moron and a troll.

I'll take Heil over I can haz any day. And he's not a moron. You've posted nothing except your personal opinion. Do not try to twist your perspective as fact.

awwww yeahhhhh

Your highly successful and harmless trolling continues to be highly successful and harmless.

P.S. You should take uninspiredcup as an apprentice (or padawan :P) he needs all the help he can get.

I dont do it for the accolades, I do it for the love of SW's. :D

#44 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151511 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@airshocker said:

But they're completely different games...

But we aren't talking about genre.

Although it should be noted, Homeworld is factually better.

Yeah well, that's just, like, your opinion, man....

#45 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1607 posts) -
@clone01 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are likely astronomically superior games to the Last of Us - considering how console games like Gears of War, the Darkness, Eternal Sonata, etc seem to get such high reviews. If it's not a console genre that uses game controllers to the max (platformers, fighting games, driving games) it's safe to assume there's a lot of padding in the ratings and awards.

However, in the context of this topic, it's not relevant. Heli posted that because he always does - he is a moron and a troll.

I'll take Heil over I can haz any day. And he's not a moron. You've posted nothing except your personal opinion. Do not try to twist your perspective as fact.

Uh huh.

Greasy consolite supports console troll. I sure wasn't expecting that.

#46 Posted by clone01 (24846 posts) -

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@clone01 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are likely astronomically superior games to the Last of Us - considering how console games like Gears of War, the Darkness, Eternal Sonata, etc seem to get such high reviews. If it's not a console genre that uses game controllers to the max (platformers, fighting games, driving games) it's safe to assume there's a lot of padding in the ratings and awards.

However, in the context of this topic, it's not relevant. Heli posted that because he always does - he is a moron and a troll.

I'll take Heil over I can haz any day. And he's not a moron. You've posted nothing except your personal opinion. Do not try to twist your perspective as fact.

Uh huh.

Greasy consolite supports console troll. I sure wasn't expecting that.

lol, wut? How is anything I said untrue. You like Homeworld. I get it. That's your opinion. It doesn't factually make it a better game. I have zero problem with PC gamers. You, however, seem to have a problem with people who would play a game on *gasp* a console. That seems a little sad to me, frankly. Its a f*cking video game. Are you really taking this stuff seriously? Again, a videogame...not a life choice...a frivolous piece of entertainment.

#47 Posted by GarGx1 (2783 posts) -

Personally, I couldn't care less about TLOU however I do care about Gearbox remaking Homeworld, I really do hope that they don't screw up a masterpiece. If they do it right, the Mona Lisa will have a new frame.

#48 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1607 posts) -
@clone01 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@clone01 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are likely astronomically superior games to the Last of Us - considering how console games like Gears of War, the Darkness, Eternal Sonata, etc seem to get such high reviews. If it's not a console genre that uses game controllers to the max (platformers, fighting games, driving games) it's safe to assume there's a lot of padding in the ratings and awards.

However, in the context of this topic, it's not relevant. Heli posted that because he always does - he is a moron and a troll.

I'll take Heil over I can haz any day. And he's not a moron. You've posted nothing except your personal opinion. Do not try to twist your perspective as fact.

Uh huh.

Greasy consolite supports console troll. I sure wasn't expecting that.

lol, wut? How is anything I said untrue. You like Homeworld. I get it. That's your opinion. It doesn't factually make it a better game. I have zero problem with PC gamers. You, however, seem to have a problem with people who would play a game on *gasp* a console. That seems a little sad to me, frankly. Its a f*cking video game. Are you really taking this stuff seriously? Again, a videogame...not a life choice...a frivolous piece of entertainment.

You've read my post and concluded I hate consoles. Hating Gears, TLOU, the Darkness, and Eternal Sonata is not equivalent to hating consoles. That's just stupid.

You think you can criticize me for preferring one game over another (while stating "in the context of this topic, it's not relevent") while defending someone doing the exact same thing. Well, not the same thing, because he's a greasy console "elitist"

You clearly don't get it. Based on your replies, I would say you aren't capable of reading beyond 1 paragraph.

#49 Posted by Heil68 (45267 posts) -

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@clone01 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@clone01 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@Heil68: it got a fair amount of awards if I remember correctly.

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are likely astronomically superior games to the Last of Us - considering how console games like Gears of War, the Darkness, Eternal Sonata, etc seem to get such high reviews. If it's not a console genre that uses game controllers to the max (platformers, fighting games, driving games) it's safe to assume there's a lot of padding in the ratings and awards.

However, in the context of this topic, it's not relevant. Heli posted that because he always does - he is a moron and a troll.

I'll take Heil over I can haz any day. And he's not a moron. You've posted nothing except your personal opinion. Do not try to twist your perspective as fact.

Uh huh.

Greasy consolite supports console troll. I sure wasn't expecting that.

lol, wut? How is anything I said untrue. You like Homeworld. I get it. That's your opinion. It doesn't factually make it a better game. I have zero problem with PC gamers. You, however, seem to have a problem with people who would play a game on *gasp* a console. That seems a little sad to me, frankly. Its a f*cking video game. Are you really taking this stuff seriously? Again, a videogame...not a life choice...a frivolous piece of entertainment.

You've read my post and concluded I hate consoles. Hating Gears, TLOU, the Darkness, and Eternal Sonata is not equivalent to hating consoles. That's just stupid.

You think you can criticize me for preferring one game over another (while stating "in the context of this topic, it's not relevent") while defending someone doing the exact same thing. Well, not the same thing, because he's a greasy console "elitist"

You clearly don't get it. Based on your replies, I would say you aren't capable of reading beyond 1 paragraph.

Well by golly I love all games! To show no ill will, friend request sent!

#50 Edited by clone01 (24846 posts) -

@Cobra_nVidia said:

You've read my post and concluded I hate consoles. Hating Gears, TLOU, the Darkness, and Eternal Sonata is not equivalent to hating consoles. That's just stupid.

You think you can criticize me for preferring one game over another (while stating "in the context of this topic, it's not relevent") while defending someone doing the exact same thing. Well, not the same thing, because he's a greasy console "elitist"

You clearly don't get it. Based on your replies, I would say you aren't capable of reading beyond 1 paragraph.