Will FF13 sell more on the Xbox 360...?? (US Only)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts

This should be interesting too see. First of the install base of the Xbox360 is several million more in the US. While time has proven that the majority of mulitpat games sell more on the Xbox360 coupled with a larger install base. Also ill bet large amounts of money that MS will consistently advertise that FF13 is avaiable on there console. Im sure they will advertise on Live and on comericals.

On the flipside the percentage of people that own both consoles is small compared to the number who actually own a current gen console. Remember both consoles are expensive still. And what goes on in SW with people being hardcore gamers is not what goes on for the majority of people who own a console. But i would venture too say that the people who own both would more than likely buy it for the PS since the franshise is generally associated with PS name brand. I personally will be buying it for my PS3. Its going to be better version IMO.

Either way i think losing FF as an exclusive could be a major factor in people deciding what console they want to buy. We all know that WW sales of FF13 PS3 will murder the xbox360 version. But im curious too see how 360 owners will react too a high profile RPG being on there system especially considering the xbox 360 too most is considered the "shooters" console. But then again other JRPG on the system have sold badly. Either way it would be some serious ownage if the 360 version outsold the PS3 in the US even though i highly doubt it will

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

The 360 has a few Million more users then the PS3 here in the U.S. so obviously. Europe should be close with the 360 slightly edging out the PS3. Worldwide though FF XIII salesare the PS3's easily.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Probably. It has twice the userbase after all.

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vistamanV5
The 360 has a few Million more Users then the PS3 here in the U.S. so obviously. Europe should be close. Worldwide though FF XIII sales of the PS3's easily. FlamesOfGrey
Id say the 360's larger install base would give it def advantage in the US. But history has shown that 360 gamers dont buy JRPG but then again FF is so high profile they may just buy just because its FF and it will be on tv all day.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Maybe, but the FF fanbase has to be taken into consideration as well, Im pretty sure more FF fans have a PS3.

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts

ActicEdge
Tekken 6 would say otherwise which bombed quite hard on the 360:(
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="GulliversTravel"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

That was a fighter though and everyone knows the 360 controller is garbage for fighters.
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vistamanV5
[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

GulliversTravel

Tekken that is true...
G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
jrpgs dont sell too good on the 360, the ps3 version will beat it easily
drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 drakecool1
Member since 2009 • 1145 Posts

This should be interesting too see. First of the install base of the Xbox360 is several million more in the US. While time has proven that the majority of mulitpat games sell more on the Xbox360 coupled with a larger install base. Also ill bet large amounts of money that MS will consistently advertise that FF13 is avaiable on there console. Im sure they will advertise on Live and on comericals.

On the flipside the percentage of people that own both consoles is small compared to the number who actually own a current gen console. Remember both consoles are expensive still. And what goes on in SW with people being hardcore gamers is not what goes on for the majority of people who own a console. But i would venture too say that the people who own both would more than likely buy it for the PS since the franshise is generally associated with PS name brand. I personally will be buying it for my PS3. Its going to be better version IMO.

Either way i think losing FF as an exclusive could be a major factor in people deciding what console they want to buy. We all know that WW sales of FF13 PS3 will murder the xbox360 version. But im curious too see how 360 owners will react too a high profile RPG being on there system especially considering the xbox 360 too most is considered the "shooters" console. But then again other JRPG on the system have sold badly. Either way it would be some serious ownage if the 360 version outsold the PS3 in the US even though i highly doubt it will

vistamanV5

I doubt it you have to take into consideration the almost 2 million sales in japan for PS3 before the game is out.

Avatar image for i_am_interested
i_am_interested

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 i_am_interested
Member since 2009 • 1077 Posts
possibly, who knows how many people have imported the japanese version
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I doubt it. How well do JRPG's sell outside of Japan anyway?
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vistamanV5

[QUOTE="vistamanV5"]

drakecool1

I doubt it you have to take into consideration the almost 2 million sales in japan for PS3 before the game is out.

I said that WW sales PS3 will destroy the 360 version.
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

Lot of people broth PS3 for FFXIII, so there some chance for PS3 version might sell more. Oh well, life will show

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

360 does have a larger user base, but then again, FF13 doesn't have multiplayer nor is it a shooter. :P

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I think the core FF base will get it for PS3 but the curious adopters & casuals will probably get it for 360. Which ever of those groups are larger are up in the air.

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts
I doubt it. How well do JRPG's sell outside of Japan anyway?SaltyMeatballs
Very well.
DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DumbDubya
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

It's more likely to sell better on the PS3. It is one of the few multiplates that will, but more are aware of Final Fantasy's association with Playstation.

Add to that people prefer 1 disc to 3 discs.

Regisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Regisland
Member since 2009 • 2390 Posts

Most ps360 owners like me will buy it for the ps3 so no.

HeroKen-ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 HeroKen-ii
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

I'm thinking that it will sell better on the PS3. Only cause those who have been playing the FF series owned a PS1 and most likely a PS2 and ended up getting a PS3.

Regisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Regisland
Member since 2009 • 2390 Posts

360 does have a larger user base, but then again, FF13 doesn't have multiplayer nor is it a shooter. :P

nervmeister

lol

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

GulliversTravel

One game? Really?

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

ActicEdge

One game? Really?

Probably RE5 and DMC would have followed Takken 6 but remember back then PS3 was too expensive so Takken 6 is the only lost PS3 exclusive which came after PS3 slim release with $299 price tag.

guardofdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 guardofdead
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts

ActicEdge

twice? 360 = 35 mill ps3 = 30 mill thats not twice the userbase lol

sorry thats worldwide, not NA. confusion on my part...

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

guardofdead

He said in NA
PS3 = 10 mils

360 = 19 mils

or something like that.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

guardofdead

He meant in NA. Which is also what we are discussing.
guardofdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 guardofdead
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts

[QUOTE="guardofdead"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Kashiwaba

He said in NA
PS3 = 10 mils

360 = 19 mils

not in his post i quoted, but i did catch it after i posted it lol, thanks

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="GulliversTravel"]Tekken 6 would say otherwise which bombed quite hard on the 360:(Kashiwaba

One game? Really?

Probably RE5 and DMC would have followed Takken 6 but remember back then PS3 was too expensive so Takken 6 is the only lost PS3 exclusive which came after PS3 slim release with $299 price tag.

I normally love to speculate but I won't here. I just think that the userbase difference in NA is too big. I could be wrong though. I think DMC probably would perrfom better on the PS3 now. RE5 I don't though.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

It will sell more on the PS3, its seen as a Sony franchise just like Tekken which is why it sold more on the PS3.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

One game? Really?

ActicEdge

I normally love to speculate but I won't here. I just think that the userbase difference in NA is too big. I could be wrong though. I think DMC probably would perrfom better on the PS3 now. RE5 I don't though.

I think RE5 sold more WW on PS3. not sure about NA numbers though
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

1-1 bluray vs 3 dvds

2-uncompressed data vs compressed data

3-FFvXIII vs nothing so far

4-possibly superior vs possibly inferior ports

i see no reason for multiplatform owner to own it on x360 in NA , in other this is out of Q.

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Junsei
Member since 2004 • 723 Posts
it will be equal sales on both systems. i dont know why people think that FFXIII will be like MW2 sales. for the SE company it really dosent matter as long as it sells well. thats all they want
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]The 360 has a few Million more Users then the PS3 here in the U.S. so obviously. Europe should be close. Worldwide though FF XIII sales of the PS3's easily. vistamanV5
Id say the 360's larger install base would give it def advantage in the US. But history has shown that 360 gamers dont buy JRPG but then again FF is so high profile they may just buy just because its FF and it will be on tv all day.

And PS3 gamers buy JRPGs outside Japan? Valkyria Chronicles anyone? :?
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
it will be equal sales on both systems. i dont know why people think that FFXIII will be like MW2 sales. for the SE company it really dosent matter as long as it sells well. thats all they wantJunsei
In Japan it was, it sold to half the userbase over there in just a week and some change.
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts
[QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]The 360 has a few Million more Users then the PS3 here in the U.S. so obviously. Europe should be close. Worldwide though FF XIII sales of the PS3's easily. Salt_The_Fries

Is there a game on the ps3 called VC ??? 80% of PS3 owners will say that if you told them abt the game, besides VC, were there any well-known good JRPGs on the PS3??? no, coz MS paid to have them all, till recently when companies realized x360 isn't meant for JRPGs.
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
it will be equal sales on both systems. i dont know why people think that FFXIII will be like MW2 sales. for the SE company it really dosent matter as long as it sells well. thats all they wantJunsei
Because you have to consider the type of players for each system. In general, the majority of the 360 fanbase is focused more heavily on action-oriented games and online multiplayer. Shooters, action/adventure, etc. Not to mention that the majority of RPGs are of the western variety, and JRPGs have typically been a flop for the 360. On the other hand, many of the PS3 fanbase revolves around games with solid single-player campaigns, and come from a line of gaming consoles that had a solid lineup of JRPGs. I foresee the PS3 getting the majority of FF13 sales in NA. Just how much it will outsell the 360 is another debate altogether.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"][QUOTE="vistamanV5"] Id say the 360's larger install base would give it def advantage in the US. But history has shown that 360 gamers dont buy JRPG but then again FF is so high profile they may just buy just because its FF and it will be on tv all day.2mrw

Is there a game on the ps3 called VC ??? 80% of PS3 owners will say that if you told them abt the game, besides VC, were there any well-known good JRPGs on the PS3??? no, coz MS paid to have them all, till recently when companies realized x360 isn't meant for JRPGs.

I think it has maybe more to do with the trend that this gen isn't meant for JRPGs :? ?

ordinarydot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ordinarydot
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

Most ps360 owners like me will buy it for the ps3 so no.

Regisland
this should be taken into consideration.
ordinarydot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ordinarydot
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

Regisland

lol

this also need to be taken into consideration. lol.
shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
The name FINAL FANTASY itself will make people lap it up, so yeah strong sales on both consoles, the 360 having the slight edge.
fahadsul3man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fahadsul3man
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts

well duh obviously 360 outsells ps3 in all over the world except japan so yeah ff will outsell more in usa on 360.

anotherone10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anotherone10
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

Worldwide i think it will sell better on the PS3.

The 360 in the US has a much higher install base than the PS3, so it probably will sell better on the 360...

But i personally do think the DS3 is the better controller for RPGs ;)

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

For FF13, we could end up seeing a similar proportion of sales compared to GTA IV for the Xbox 360 and PS3. It would obviously be more popular on the PS3, but because of the user base of the xbox 360, it would still the same or a little more...

EDIT: Nevermind, GTA IV sold almost twice as much as on the XBox 360 compared to the PS3 (FOR THE US ONLY)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#44 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It will sell more in the US, but maybe not worldwide. Doesnt really matter, it will likely sell well on both platforms. Good call by Square-Enix.

double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 double_heist
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts

Lot of people broth PS3 for FFXIII and Versus XIII, so there some chance for PS3 version might sell more. Oh well, life will show

ShadowriverUB
Fixed. Anyway, I don't mind sales but I think what's important is that if the game will be well received in the West. Currently it's getting a mixed reception in Japan (most complained about the Linearity, repetitiveness, lack of RPG elements, game falling flat, etc.).
double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 double_heist
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts

well duh obviously 360 outsells ps3 in all over the world except japan so yeah ff will outsell more in usa on 360.

fahadsul3man
Doesn't apply to Tekken 6 and Batman Arkham Asylum (read it in some news), both sold more in the PS3 including the US. The latter being very well received. It depends on the game really.
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#47 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
It could very well sell more on 360 in the US, because I think a lot of 360 owners had PS2s so they're familiar with FF, but thanks to sales in Japan it will sell more on PS3 world wide. It will be interesting to see.