Will Dead Space 3 crash and burn?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jebus213 (8740 posts) -
By looking at this gameplay footage the game is pretty much Gears of Dead Planet 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRh4fvYPZlI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE So much for the survival horror aspect of the DS series: http://www.shacknews.com/article/77491/dead-space-3-to-include-microtransactions Really? Microtransactions in an SP game? What happen to cheat codes? It's disgusting how they're exploiting people. Is there anything unique left in this game? Anything that stands out anymore?
#2 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

have you even played a dead space game before? The footage you posted is EXACTLY what dead space is...

what a horrible trolling attempt.

and read this

what else can you choose to do? How about play DS3 in 4 unlockable game modes! Each mode is on-disc, and becomes available when you beat the game once.

-Theres New Game+, which lets you start a new game with all your upgrades and arsenal intact.

-Theres Classic Mode, which is for the DS1 veterans out there. Its single-player only, uses classic aiming, and theres no crafting all weapons have to be built from blueprints, a la the original game.

-Another mode is Pure Survival Mode. If you like survival horror and resource management, this is the mode for you. Enemies ONLY drop resources, and theres no ammo, health, or weapon parts to be found. Youll have to choose what to craft every time you see a bench. Upgrade? Med Pack? Plasma Core? Think fast theres a Waster right around the corner!

-Finally, we have the aptly-named Hardcore Mode. Choose this mode, and you only get one life to live for the entire campaign. Make sure to wear a clean pair of boxers when you play

its FREAKEN DEAD SPACE... /thread

#3 Posted by Jebus213 (8740 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]and YOU watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRh4fvYPZlI&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjRh4fvYPZlI&has_verified=1 and read this [quote=""]hat else can you choose to do? How about play DS3 in 4 unlockable game modes! Each mode is on-disc, and becomes available when you beat the game once. -Theres New Game+, which lets you start a new game with all your upgrades and arsenal intact. -Theres Classic Mode, which is for the DS1 veterans out there. Its single-player only, uses classic aiming, and theres no crafting all weapons have to be built from blueprints, a la the original game. -Another mode is Pure Survival Mode. If you like survival horror and resource management, this is the mode for you. Enemies ONLY drop resources, and theres no ammo, health, or weapon parts to be found. Youll have to choose what to craft every time you see a bench. Upgrade? Med Pack? Plasma Core? Think fast theres a Waster right around the corner! -Finally, we have the aptly-named Hardcore Mode. Choose this mode, and you only get one life to live for the entire campaign. Make sure to wear a clean pair of boxers when you play

its FREAKEN DEAD SPACE... /thread

All lies.
#4 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
People liked Dead Space 1 because it was like the old Resident Evil games. DS3 looks like RE6.
#5 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -
I hope it does. They have somehow managed to bastardize the franchise in less than one generation.
#6 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -

I hope it does. senses_fail_06

#7 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

That looks like the Dead Space it's always been.

I will say that the drifting through space debris part looks too close to comfort to the Uncharted 3 falling through sky scene.

#8 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -
Yea it will fail. It's alienated the fan base without gaining any mainstream attention so I don't see it selling well. It reminds me if Dragon Age 2's release, the hype was so low I didn't even know it was out soon until the demo.
#9 Posted by sukraj (22068 posts) -

it looks very simalar to gears of war.

#10 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16084 posts) -

People liked Dead Space 1 because it was like the old Resident Evil games. DS3 looks like RE6.IAmNot_fun

Dead Space was nothing like the original Resident Evil games. And are you seroiusly comparing RE6 to DS3? RE6 looked and played like a bad game before it released. DS3 seems about as good as the last two Dead Space games.

#11 Posted by sukraj (22068 posts) -

the gameplay is very simalar to gears of war.

#12 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

I played the demo. Plays exactly like Dead Space. Except it's actually kinda fun this time

#13 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16084 posts) -

I hope it does. They have somehow managed to bastardize the franchise in less than one generation. senses_fail_06

It looks remarkably similar to the last two Dead Space games. I am really not seeing how this game looks bad at all.

#14 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]I hope it does. They have somehow managed to bastardize the franchise in less than one generation. JangoWuzHere

It looks remarkably similar to the last two Dead Space games. I am really not seeing how this game looks bad at all.

Because some people want to act like Dead Space was some survival horror akin to that of the earlier Resident Evil games. Which it wasn't in the slightest.

This game plays like Dead Space in snow. It has really nice visuals and the enviroments are outstanding. There's still a lot of tense moments, but now you can partner up with a friend and it plays fine. Playing single player is also self sufficient as oppososed to say, Left 4 Dead which is pretty much a co-op only game. People like to get a little knowledge of the game and start a rant.