Will Cyberpunk 2077 System shock 2 of this generation?

#1 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

So ppls, i have look into this game and even developers say its inspired by system shock

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/01/cd-projekt-reds-cyberpunk-inspired-by-shellshock-blade-runne/

after bioshock fail to deliver. bioshock was anticipated as system shock 3 but in the end it turn out simple shock. now CD projeckt are talented developers if they done it right. it will be closest thing to system shock this gen just like Deus Ex HR was closest thing to original deus ex.

and knowing Deus Ex 4 will release next year. and this game too.

your thoughs?

#2 Posted by blangenakker (2287 posts) -

dunno

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11472 posts) -

nothing good can come from RPG Elements

#4 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

We haven't even seen a glimpse of gameplay. How did you make that conclusion?

#5 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2936 posts) -

Right now can't say anything because we haven't seen any gameplay of it but considering the developers behind it , I think it have a lot of potential to be something big .

#6 Posted by dommeus (9266 posts) -

#7 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6469 posts) -

No sniper, it will not.

Not the same kind of game, not the same themes, and not the same kind of setting.

Cyberpunk 2077 is made after a PnP RPG, so the setting is fixed to that, just later (if I remember correctly). Placing it distinctly into the kind of setting you would see from Deus Ex, but likely alot darker.

It will not have the kind of horror that system shock 1 or 2 was, and I doubt it will have a survival aspect as such.

Make no mistake I think it will be good, really good, but I also guess that it will end up being more Akin to a mix between the witcher and Deus ex as noted above.

My guess of what they ment, is that all those titles they named share a paranois for the unknown, almost human but twisted beyond recognicion.

Atleast I guess that is what they ment in the article, given all those games series and movie question what it is to be human, and how easy it is for mosters to appear human.

I hope I am wrong though :P would love a system shock 3 -.- or a true spiritual sucessor, which focused more on hiding, hoping to whatever gods you belive in that the handgun in your hand, have not yet broken Down, and that sound really just was the envioment.

#8 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15974 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

So ppls, i have look into this game and even developers say its inspired by system shock

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/01/cd-projekt-reds-cyberpunk-inspired-by-shellshock-blade-runne/

after bioshock fail to deliver. bioshock was anticipated as system shock 3 but in the end it turn out simple shock. now CD projeckt are talented developers if they done it right. it will be closest thing to system shock this gen just like Deus Ex HR was closest thing to original deus ex.

and knowing Deus Ex 4 will release next year. and this game too.

your thoughs?

Meh. I enjoyed Bioshock (and Infinite). I don't do the hype thing. So, when I played Bioshock, I judged it strictly on its own merits. In fact, I'm that way with most games. I always judge a game on its own and not comparing it to its forerunner. I enjoyed Crysis 2 and 3 even though I also played Crysis and Warhead prior. Same thing with KZ3 even though I played KZ2 before.

As for Cyberpunk 2077? It's one game I'm very much looking forward to. But, as with the others, I'll judge it on its own merits and not compare it to a previous game.

I don't mind if it's an RPG so long as the setting is futuristic. I'm tired of the typical RPG medieval setting. It's been that way since the 80's.

#9 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7404 posts) -

nothing good can come from RPG Elements

#10 Posted by Gamerno66666 (161 posts) -

Nope. Why? Because SHODAN.

#11 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (11472 posts) -

@ jun_aka_pekto

I also Judge a game by its own merits (while sticking to the standards expected from the type of game it is)

But thats only on the 1st play through. After that I like to identify the Differences from it and its fore runners. As for whether any differences I find are good or bad.... Well thats the tricky part. Especially when the Genres don'y line up all the way perfectly.

#12 Posted by MonsieurX (29977 posts) -

And /thread

#13 Edited by pelvist (4711 posts) -

i dont know, but I hope it is!

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (8267 posts) -

While they provide excellent customer service and tell a good yarn, CD Projekt.

When you can kill the end boss of Witcher 2 in 30 seconds on dark mode simply by spamming a few bombs, disappointment ensues.

#15 Posted by foxhound_fox (88047 posts) -

Hard to say given that all we have to go on is a CGI cinematic.

#16 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

Looks interesting but until its offcially anounced for the PS4 it wont get my attention. My PC wouldnt run it well enough probably

#17 Edited by harry_james_pot (10770 posts) -

We haven't even seen anything from the game..

#18 Posted by lawlessx (46634 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Looks interesting but until its offcially anounced for the PS4 it wont get my attention. My PC wouldnt run it well enough probably

didn't they say next gen consoles when it was announced?

#19 Edited by Kinthalis (5310 posts) -

Can't wait to hear more about the game.

Of course I'll be picking it up on PC, I don't go slumming down console lane. Most likely will be 900p 30 FPS low graphic settings on PS4. Lol.

#20 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (7404 posts) -

LOL SNIPER thread.

#21 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

No, just another sucky game like Metro.

#22 Posted by kipsta77 (984 posts) -

Is it a PC exclusive?

#23 Posted by Vaasman (11331 posts) -

Such a stupid thread. Literally no in-game footage has been released, and little or no information on what it's even going to be like.

#24 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

I still hope there will be System Shock 3 this gen.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks great and all, but there is no Shodan and you can't have rock n roll without the roll. :)

#25 Posted by BattleSpectre (5982 posts) -

Never played a System Shock game but Cyberpunk will definitely be something special, and go down in history - mark my words.

#26 Posted by Heil68 (43939 posts) -

No. I hope it's a good game though.