Will Crysis 4 take the graphics crown again?

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

Crysis 3 was the best looking game in the ps3 generation better than all First party games from sony/microsoft alongside Crysis 2007, Crysis 2 and warhead really pushed tech and graphics to a whole new level hope crysis 4 is Next-Gen Only so do you think Crytek can do it again or they lost many talented devs worked on previous games ?

John dark1x 2021

" before we go into all of the details again i just have to stress how good crysis 3 still looks today i mean this was released before the last generation of consoles i think it still holds up, looks like a Ps4 and xbox one generation title in a way that kind of shocking"

digital foundry - 2013

Where Crysis 3 really shines is on the PC, in which we are presented with a huge leap in graphical quality that gives us a tantalising glimpse of visual accomplishment on next-gen hardware "

The fact that Crysis 3 runs on console at all is a remarkable achievement, with Crytek deploying a wide range of advanced rendering techniques"

Crysis 3 on PC effectively offers a "next-gen now" experience - a preview of the level of technical prowess we should expect in the years to come from the new wave of consoles".

Crysis first released on PC. In 2007, it pushed real time rendering to new heights and spawned the memetic phrase, "but can it run Crysis?". Never had a game released that pushed hardware and engine technology so much, and never has one since."

There's a level of simulation here you just don't see any more in modern games". "Some rendering effects we saw in Crysis do still persist into present day titles.

There's the debut of screen-space ambient occlusion (SSAO), along with a glorious showcase in parallax occlusion mapping, an effect that only really came into its own on the current-gen consoles.

the game also supports shadows being cast from the parallax maps back on to themselves. POM only really gained momentum in the current-gen era and most games either just have parallax occlusion maps with no shadows, or just with shadows from one light source. It illustrates just how far ahead of the curve Crysis was

And then there was the character rendering - and bam, it's right in your face. At this point in time, Crytek knew that its character technology was way ahead of its contemporaries".

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

STALKER 2 will have.

Crysis 4 will not going to release before 2030.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46483 Posts

@fantasygamer: Easily, yes

Remember that time when Crysis came out in 2007 and lost out against modern warfare in Gametrailers GOTY awards in the graphics department.

That was a laugh and a riot, for sure.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FantasyGamer

@R4gn4r0k:

Was it voting or what ?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39331 Posts

EPIC has infinite resources for UE5. Crytek doesn't have that for their engine. No way Crysis4 has a chance against a talented dev using UE5. Stalker 2 is most likely gonna demolish everything.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

I have no doubt Crysis 4 will be anything but graphic king but however, I'm not all that interest if its graphics king or not, I'm still looking forward playing Crysis 4 myself. Assuming the specs will be very demanding, I'll just upgrade to whatever the latest Nvidia GPU they have by the time Crysis 4 arrives.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Maybe, but

Looking great is pretty much a given. It's the physics, destruction, and sandbox play that I appreciate most about Crysis/Warhead. More of that plz.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8493 Posts

Nope! Don't think so. They don't have the money any more and are not funded by a big publisher AFAIK. Having a good and graphically advanced engine doesn't guarantee a graphics king.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

No those days are over sadly and have been. The only thing I see pushing graphics to the next level is PC VR maybe Valve's next headset or another companies.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

Pretty much this.

Remember when Crysis was released everyone was trying to shit on it as a tech-demo. Not just rando fanboys on forums but actual gaming websites like Gametrailers (rip you piece of shit).

Both Crysis 2/3 regardless of stripped back features look incredible. But when you play these compared to Crysis/Warhead it becomes instantly apparent within the literal opening section it's not the same game.

If it's just more of that type of shit where it's clearly designed for Xbox with stripped back features/ambition with a few ExLUSIVEEEEE NViDIEA FEATURES RAYTRaaaRACING!!! WOWOWOOWWOWOOWWW

Then basically just ignore it as did 3.

@ConanTheStoner said:

Maybe, but

Looking great is pretty much a given. It's the physics, destruction, and sandbox play that I appreciate most about Crysis/Warhead. More of that plz.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#12 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

I feel like for Crysis 4 to become graphics king they will have to try to do more than just make some fancy shiny environments.

Crytek will have to step out of that Uncanny valley with their own equivalent of Metahuman. We need to make characters that look so real that you will have to do a double take. Just like in CoD MW2. The characters will act like robots and look like real people.

The big difference will be more tessellation, a soft filter, and more ray tracing in an world that shows it off. Also hair effects for the ladies.

We also need to put a pause on this horrible Michael Transformers art style.

But MOST importantly. Have a better story.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Probably not.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:

No those days are over sadly and have been. The only thing I see pushing graphics to the next level is PC VR maybe Valve's next headset or another companies.

Metro 4 will. just like Metro series is doing.

STALKER 2 is another photorealistic looking game. push graphics to limit.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:

Pretty much this.

Remember when Crysis was released everyone was trying to shit on it as a tech-demo. Not just rando fanboys on forums but actual gaming websites like Gametrailers (rip you piece of shit).

Both Crysis 2/3 regardless of stripped back features look incredible. But when you play these compared to Crysis/Warhead it becomes instantly apparent within the literal opening section it's not the same game.

If it's just more of that type of shit where it's clearly designed for Xbox with stripped back features/ambition with a few ExLUSIVEEEEE NViDIEA FEATURES RAYTRaaaRACING!!! WOWOWOOWWOWOOWWW

@ConanTheStoner said:

Maybe, but

Crysis 1 plays like console shooters. PC gamers being in denial.

regen health, cinematics, 2nd half is linear and scripted, on rail segments.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner
@ghosts4ever said:

Indeed my friend.

Unfortunately I don't consider design elements in a vacuum, or overemphasize the trivial. I can also (shamefully) dislike certain aspects of a game while still enjoying others.

I apologize for exercising basic critical thinking and forming opinions. I'll do better.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k

@fantasygamer said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Was it voting or what ?

No voting, Gametrailers just used to really hate PC gaming or was indifferent about it. But the fact that they played Crysis and still ended up nominating a COD game of all things, still boggles my mind.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k
@ConanTheStoner said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Indeed my friend.

Unfortunately I don't consider design elements in a vacuum, or overemphasize the trivial. I can also (shamefully) dislike certain aspects of a game while still enjoying others.

I apologize for exercising basic critical thinking and forming opinions. I'll do better.

Oh wow, post of 2022 right here.

Best to close down shop until the end of the year, mic drop moment.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Pretty much this.

@ConanTheStoner said:

Maybe, but

My freind, hate to tell you, but FPS had cutscenes since Duke3D and further back. And Crysis has barely any. So not sure where that criticism comes from.

Yea, the on-the-rail section is def shitty, but it's about 5 minutes of a 9-10 hour game.

Two weapons Halo didn't invent, had this in stuff like Delta Force and Rainbow 6. Prioritize loadout.

Shield is more than just shield regen to make the game easy, it's a direct mechanic tied into suit powers that augment.

Indeed, the game becomes easy not because of shield but the stealth aspect being OP as ****. This is actually (one of the only) aspects Crysis 2 improves upon with pinger and alien enemies that are far more dynamic and intelligent than North Koreans.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uninspiredcup

@R4gn4r0k said:

Remember that time when Crysis came out in 2007 and lost out against modern warfare in Gametrailers GOTY awards in the graphics department.

You were on Gametrailers? Don't recall.

Was 15 years ago though, thereabouts.

But yea, Gametrailers very clearly had disdain towards PC. It wasn't like "well we gotta prioritize console for clicks" it was like, straight up, disdain.

Loading Video...

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1170 Posts

Graphics means nothing if your game sucks. Crysis 3 was boring.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34696 Posts

Probably. But it doesn't matter if the game is gonna suck like Crysis 2 and 3.

evil_kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 evil_kane
Member since 2003 • 1101 Posts

@Litchie said:

Crysis 2 was good......so shut up your face.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34696 Posts
@evil_kane said:
@Litchie said:

It really wasn't. Glad for you console people who got it dumbed down so you also could play. Lame for the fans who had to watch them destroy something special for console money.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@uninspiredcup said:

But yea, Gametrailers very clearly had disdain towards PC. It wasn't like "well we gotta prioritize console for clicks" it was like, straight up, disdain.

I didn't post on GT, honestly didn't even know they had forums until seeing you and Ghosts talk about it. Legit only went there for their "Omg HD" trailers at the time.

But a lot of their dumb shit spilled over to other forums, and yeah that technical graphics award was a laughing stock here. Think the following year GS snubbed Warhead in technical graphics for... MGS4 lol. Think GT did the same, but for Gears 2? Can't remember.

Aren't GT the ones who would rate down a PC game for performance issues even though the fault was on them using a super dated PC?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 uninspiredcup

@ConanTheStoner: Got the shittiest memory in mankind, but yea, it was a running joke practically every year unless it was a big $$$ company like Blizzard they'd attempt to **** over the PC in anything outside of strategy games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghosts4ever
@ConanTheStoner said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I didn't post on GT, honestly didn't even know they had forums until seeing you and Ghosts talk about it. Legit only went there for their "Omg HD" trailers at the time.

But a lot of their dumb shit spilled over to other forums, and yeah that technical graphics award was a laughing stock here. Think the following year GS snubbed Warhead in technical graphics for... MGS4 lol. Think GT did the same, but for Gears 2? Can't remember.

Aren't GT the ones who would rate down a PC game for performance issues even though the fault was on them using a super dated PC?

me and cup both were on GT forums 13 years ago.

Cup was hankypanky1. he was more hardcore PC elitist. now he become old and soften up.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghosts4ever
@Litchie said:
@evil_kane said:
@Litchie said:

It really wasn't. Glad for you console people who got it dumbed down so you also could play. Lame for the fans who had to watch them destroy something special for console money.

Crysis 3 was even more bad. forgattable game that i forget it even exist.

Althought I like Crysis 1 but Prefer Stalker by very long margin. a true PC game unlike console FPS pretend to be PC game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Loading Video...

I remember this lol so awful and hilarious.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k

@warmblur said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

So much fanboyism condensed into one video. I actually forgot Geoff Keighley and Brandon Jones ever were attached to such a shit community.

Pachter is another thing, I never held that guy in any sort of high regards. He just kept claiming things that were wrong: about Xbox, about Nintendo, about PC. Whoever hired that guy hopefully didn't hold their money very dearly

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44174 Posts

Gears 6, Perfect Dark, FM8 or Fable. :P

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Most of the gaming industry was jumping on the "PC Gaming Is Dying" during that generation. Ironically all the companies preaching the platform's death are either gone from being unsuccessful on consoles or are trying to crawl their way back into the massive PC market.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@R4gn4r0k said:
@warmblur said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

So much fanboyism condensed into one video. I actually forgot Geoff Keighley and Brandon Jones ever were attached to such a shit community.

Pachter is another thing, I never held that guy in any sort of high regards. He just kept claiming things that were wrong: about Xbox, about Nintendo, about PC. Whoever hired that guy hopefully didn't hold their money very dearly

Yeah, I also remember Shane Satterfield being such a whiner and a COD fanboy lol I use to read the forums there all time. I can't believe I remember this but maybe somebody else does too wasn't there a forum user called Killroy? that was a PC gamer or something he seemed to stir up stuff. I can't believe I remember this just barely could be wrong though.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@warmblur said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@warmblur said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yeah, I also remember Shane Satterfield being such a whiner and a COD fanboy lol I use to read the forums there all time. I can't believe I remember this but maybe somebody else does too wasn't there a forum user called Killroy? that was a PC gamer or something he seemed to stir up stuff. I can't believe I remember this just barely could be wrong though.

I was also on GT forums during 7 gen. it was like most active gaming forums. Me and Cup both were there.

it was to this day best gaming community ever. during those days I used shill Metro and STALKER all the time and talk bad about any mainstream game as those days any game with 6 hour linear campaign will get 9/10.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

I don't really care how advanced it looks. I'm a fan of the series so I'm just happy to play it.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FantasyGamer

@Litchie:

I liked all of them especially 1 2 and Warhead

It's just 3 felt too short but gameplay is fun imo.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

STALKER 2 will have.

Crysis 4 will not going to release before 2030.

Crysis 4 will probably release before 2025, but that's not gonna matter much because your PC better be from 2030. It's a running tradition for Crysis games to not run well on hardware released on the same year as the game.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2463 Posts

Would it matter if it did?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 uninspiredcup

@warm_gun said:

Would it matter if it did?

To those fellows who spam screenshots to show their sick GTX bla nobody cares about, yes. It will be like having a big penis.

To everyone else, no.