Will Beyond Two Souls Win GOTY on GS?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Will Beyond Two Souls Win GOTY on GS? (95 votes)

Yes 23%
No 77%

Damn, I just finished the game and it is easily my personal GOTY. No other game hooked me this year like B2S did.

It would seem that 9.0 rated Beyond has a damn good chance to snag PS3 its 4th exclusive GOTY.

#1 Posted by Zassimick (7015 posts) -

Not having played it, I'd say it won't win GotY but it could get an award or two.

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (44020 posts) -

Going up against:

1. GTAV
  2. TLOU
  3. Bioshock Infinite
  4. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  5. Ni No Kuni

I really doubt it. I have yet to play it, but this year had some killer releases.

#3 Posted by Bigboi500 (30543 posts) -

I think you just have an EP fetish.

#4 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

I will let you know when I beat it. I'll be getting it this weekend.

#5 Posted by Chutebox (37941 posts) -

No, TLOU should though!

#6 Edited by Gue1 (11008 posts) -

the game's really good but its flaws are too obvious to be GOTY.

#7 Edited by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

Belongs to the Last of Us.

#8 Edited by Gue1 (11008 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Going up against:

1. GTAV
  2. TLOU
  3. Bioshock Infinite
  5. Ni No Kuni

I really doubt it. I have yet to play it, but this year had some killer releases.

Ni No Kuni is nothing but an archaic JRPG with nice art. :/

#9 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

I just love Quantic Dream's games. I just finished Beyond: Two Souls, and I can safely say that I like it even more than The Last of Us. That's just me though. I hope Sony buys Quantic Dream.

#10 Edited by foxhound_fox (90307 posts) -

No, Gone Home will.

#11 Posted by lundy86_4 (44020 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

Awesome.

#12 Posted by anab0lic (374 posts) -

Lets rule out the new Mario game...

#13 Edited by casharmy (6703 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

No, TLOU should though!

thax to Tom's troll review tho it won't which is a shame. GOTY will likely go to GTAV automatically due to the lack of TLOU being in the running.

#14 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43199 posts) -

@casharmy: Why wouldn't Last of Us be in the running?

#15 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6016 posts) -

I have not played it, so I have no clue... I would give it to TLOU myself.... but I dont think there is a clear cut winner this year.

#16 Edited by HipHopBeats (2699 posts) -

No but it looks pretty cool from playing the demo and watching a few 'let's play' vids. I'm more intrigued to play Heavy Rain based on the gameplay vids I saw. No one can deny PS3 definitely ended this gen with a nice variety of worthy exclusives.

#17 Posted by Wasdie (50488 posts) -

No. I think Gone Home is going to sweep this year.

#18 Posted by hippiesanta (9978 posts) -

i'm 75 percent (i think) to beat the game ....

so far ..it's damn good ......

it's the game that's not for everyone especially if you are an FPS, multiplayer, sport fanatic lololol

#19 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Going up against:

1. GTAV
  2. TLOU
  3. Bioshock Infinite
  5. Ni No Kuni

Son, that is the biggest lie I have seen on Gamespot. Ni No Kuni is easily the best JRPG this gen 9/10 for good reason.

#20 Edited by casharmy (6703 posts) -

It was rated an 8.0, AA. And other titles have been rated 9.0 AAA in the same year. They won't put it in the running because it will make them look uncredible as a review source and incompetent as professional reviewers.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

If GS was to allow TLOU become the GOTY they would become a laughing stock as a review source because it would mean they have no clear or logical method of how they validate scores.

8.0 < 9.0 but still 8.0 GOTY > 9.0?

I don't think GS will do that to themselves even if they believe TLOU deserves it.

#21 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43199 posts) -

@casharmy: Why would it make them look less credible when they believe it was a great game? Game of the year is debated by the collection of GS editors; not just the reviewer. Was GS unprofessional when SMG2 didn't win GOTY even though it scored a prime 10?

#22 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

@casharmy said:

It was rated an 8.0, AA. And other titles have been rated 9.0 AAA in the same year. They won't put it in the running because it will make them look uncredible as a review source and incompetent as professional reviewers.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I actually think it's the only way GS could bring themselves back to a creditable status.

Right now they look like shock-reviewers for extra traffic.

#23 Posted by bobbetybob (19296 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Except they've given GOTY to games scoring lower than 9.5 and 10 in years where other games did so I don't see how this is any different. It's pretty common knowledge that GOTY is based on a sites overall opinion so of course it can differ to a single persons review.

#24 Edited by Zidaneski (8482 posts) -

I think TLOU will win. Although I was playing Beyond 2 souls with a friend, it is pretty intense so far. I have been playing as Aiden and I think I'm getting more out of it than my friend playing as Jodie. I feel scared at parts that my friend isn't since I worry about Jodie more since I can't directly control her.

#25 Posted by dogfather76 (589 posts) -

I don't see how that would be possible.

#26 Edited by super600 (30951 posts) -

No.It won;t win.Something else will win. Most likely bioshock infinite or gta v

#27 Posted by raskullibur (3390 posts) -

Why Not?

#28 Edited by Giancar (19069 posts) -

With GTA V, BI and TLoU?

Reallllyyy doubt this.

#29 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -

No chance in hell.

Right now it's between Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, and Gone Home.

#30 Posted by silversix_ (15565 posts) -

This site is about giving game of the year, not movie of the year

#31 Edited by beganoo (1638 posts) -

No its a pretty shitty game. Its the gameplay that kills it. Heavy Rain was so much better in that regard.

#32 Posted by MiguelNoche (186 posts) -

9 is a great score, but I'd imagine something given a 10 would get the title of GOTY.

#33 Posted by sandbox3d (5130 posts) -

It will probably come down to a battle between GTAV and Mario 3D World. Unless GS is going for the controversial angle, then Gone Home.

#34 Posted by navyguy21 (13053 posts) -

Over TLOU and GTA V?

Not a chance in hell

#35 Edited by HAZE-Unit (10497 posts) -

"So far" Its between GTAV, TLOU and Beyond.

I'd give it to TLOU "now" but since GTAV and Beyond are 9.0 on GS, I think they will give it to GTAV cuz it's hard to disagree with GTAV when it comes to discussions about GOTY, on the other hand, Beyond would have a hard time to convince everyone in GS since it has mixed opinions.

But Im gonna wait to play the next-gen games to decide the GOTY for this year.

#36 Posted by Arach666 (23042 posts) -

I have a feeling that Gone Home will be the critical darling for the year as far as awards are concerned.

#37 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28465 posts) -

LOL 73 on metacritic

#38 Edited by Snugenz (12646 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@Chutebox said:

No, TLOU should though!

thax to Tom's troll review tho it won't which is a shame. GOTY will likely go to GTAV automatically due to the lack of TLOU being in the running.

Which troll review, TLOU or Beyond Two Souls?

#39 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17173 posts) -

No. It wont win....... But it should, it deserves to win.

#40 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

If it wins, i'll quit the metagame.

#41 Posted by finalstar2007 (25668 posts) -

Im 95% sure a PS3 exclusive will win GOTY on GS but the main question is which game? PS3 had a lot of Quality releases this year ( lulz nogames360 nothing as always )

PS3 this year:

• Beyond Two Souls AAAE
  • Puppeteer AAAE
  • Ni No Kuni AAAE
  • Last of Us AAE
  • Disgaea D2 AAE

There is still Ratchet and Clank Into Nexus and GT6

#42 Posted by Ratsneve (397 posts) -

@Chutebox: Good god what a mess. I want the old GameSpot I knew back!

#43 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14165 posts) -

It'll win movie of the year.

#45 Posted by AtariKidX (6329 posts) -

Probably..........it is a amazing game.

#46 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5054 posts) -

Will pigs fly ?

#47 Posted by pelvist (5143 posts) -

All the PS fanboys say yes, everyone else will says no.

Gone Home has more chance of winning GOTY and that game was shit.

#48 Posted by cainetao11 (18775 posts) -

@Davekeeh said:

I just love Quantic Dream's games. I just finished Beyond: Two Souls, and I can safely say that I like it even more than The Last of Us. That's just me though. I hope Sony buys Quantic Dream.

I hope MS does just to see you change your stance. I liked IP and Heavy Rain, but I have never and will never pay full retail for one their games. Not enough replay value for $60 imo.

#49 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

HAH! Jesus no

@Gaming-Planet said:

It'll win movie of the year.

It wouldn't even win that cos Cage's writing isn't at actual movie level. People just say that cos it's in comparison to the rest of videogame stories which frankly have terribly low standards

#50 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9258 posts) -

Given that Gamespot decides its GOTY as a group and that the reception to this game is incredibly mixed, this premise is highly unlikely.