WiiU will not be good enough to sell ever.

• 195 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2803 posts) -

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Some people have taste and some don't. Clearly the people buying the wii u are in a tiny minority. The market has rejected the wii u even 3rd parties have rejected the wii u. When people tell the TRUTH about the wii pew the sheep defense force gets tight. It's your money and if you want to waste it on a dead system more power to you.

Well, considering I buy all the consoles and don't limit myself, I'd say I have far more taste than you. At least I can play as many of the games I want to, from as many different devs as I want to. And again, what you deem tasteful and what I deem tasteful are two completely different things. Sure, it's the truth to say the Wii U is doing badly. But I'd bet that like 99% of the people criticizing the Wii U that you haven't even played one, which for me means you have no actual opinion based on your actual experience with the console. But hey, a troll will always be a troll.

So the truth is trolling now. Fact the wii u is the weakest next gen console. Fact the wii u has 20 percent of the power of the ps4. Fact the wii u cost 75 percent of the cost of the ps4. Fact the wii u has the worst online gaming platform. Fact the wii u has NO 3rd party support. Fact the wii u tablet controller has the worst battery life ect ect ect.

The point is by any rational person the wii pew is a poor value.

Yawn. You're like a broken record.

Hard to argue with the facts. All sheep seem to want to overlook the wii u's faults and point to the exclusives. Obviously a console with no 3rd party support has a very limited selection of games and game types. If Sony or MS made a crappy console with no 3rd party support that was over priced they should also be rejected.

#152 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@KBFloYd said:

take a page from the people dark holes was founded on playstation and cows. you see their company going down the shitter and here they are everyday talking positive like nothing. and look playstation is selling ok. maybe if all the cowards like you started acting the same way for nintendo. then maybe nintendo would get better press and attention.hell more developers might even want to work with them.

you are the problem.

That's a completely different situation and really no different from your own. You just pointed out Blind Fanboyism from the Sony fanbase, I'm pointing out your own blind fanboyism for Nintendo, both sides are the Problem. Dark Souls isn't the Problem. The franchise started on PS3 with Demon Souls, but it has long since broke off of those chains to make Dark Souls so everyone could play it and not just a select few. I didn't start playing the Souls games because of Demon Souls, I started playing because of Dark Souls and people saying it's plum out amazing.

The bad press from Nintendo comes from Nintendo's own problems. Just look at the VGAs. Nintendo comes up and starts hyping stuff up by saying "We're going to show footage of an Upcoming game people!" and most of us were expecting Zelda or better yet Metroid and NOPE Cranky Kong. Everyone was generally disappointed on that in every way. Sony is getting good Press because they know they're doing things right in the gaming industry. Everyone is just eating up that PS4 juice and they made a system that 3rd Party developers are completely pleased with. BUT GUESS WHAT? SONY is also getting BAD Press everywhere else.

Jack Trenton steps down, Sony selling their HQ, Sony selling their Computer Divisions. That's bad press. But they're still in the lead in Gaming Hardware with the PS4. Why is that? Tell me?

Nintendo is last thanks to not being prepared enough (WiiU was a rushed console. I loved it, but I won't deny that fact.) Sony is in first for taking all the criticism they had for the PS3 and putting that in to making the PS4, of course it comes with a price and we're seeing it.

why is playstation succeeding when the company is in the shitter?

i told you why...because all the playstation gamers are diehard fans that support sony at every internet site....all nintendo has is crybaby complainer losers like you that dont buy games.

playstation 4 isnt what developers wanted...its what they have to settle for.

Because the PS4 is a brilliant powerful console with dozens of great games incoming (both first and third party, online and off), and normal gamers care about that stuff, not how the freaking company and share price is performing, you creepy ass mofo.

#153 Posted by widdowson91 (1237 posts) -

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Some people have taste and some don't. Clearly the people buying the wii u are in a tiny minority. The market has rejected the wii u even 3rd parties have rejected the wii u. When people tell the TRUTH about the wii pew the sheep defense force gets tight. It's your money and if you want to waste it on a dead system more power to you.

Well, considering I buy all the consoles and don't limit myself, I'd say I have far more taste than you. At least I can play as many of the games I want to, from as many different devs as I want to. And again, what you deem tasteful and what I deem tasteful are two completely different things. Sure, it's the truth to say the Wii U is doing badly. But I'd bet that like 99% of the people criticizing the Wii U that you haven't even played one, which for me means you have no actual opinion based on your actual experience with the console. But hey, a troll will always be a troll.

So the truth is trolling now. Fact the wii u is the weakest next gen console. Fact the wii u has 20 percent of the power of the ps4. Fact the wii u cost 75 percent of the cost of the ps4. Fact the wii u has the worst online gaming platform. Fact the wii u has NO 3rd party support. Fact the wii u tablet controller has the worst battery life ect ect ect.

Hard to argue with the facts. All sheep seem to want to overlook the wii u's faults and point to the exclusives. Obviously a console with no 3rd party support has a very limited selection of games and game types. If Sony or MS made a crappy console with no 3rd party support that was over priced they should also be rejected.

Yawn.

#154 Edited by GunSmith1_basic (9788 posts) -

I don't see Nintendo doing anything innovative this gen. I can already imagine what the new Zelda will be like. Basically it will just be more Zelda only in HD. Even as a Zelda fan I'm not very inspired.

I played a bunch of wiiu. Nintendoland is no Wiisports. That is for sure, and I think the issue is the tech. Wiisports showed what the wii could do because the wii was a good idea. The tablet of the wiiu just isn't inspiring tech.

Hopefully Nintendo realizes this and tries to make quality software that pushes their series forward. That MarioKart 8 is not good enough.

#155 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25342 posts) -

@GunSmith1_basic said:

I don't see Nintendo doing anything innovative this gen. I can already imagine what the new Zelda will be like. Basically it will just be more Zelda only in HD. Even as a Zelda fan I'm not very inspired.

I played a bunch of wiiu. Nintendoland is no Wiisports. That is for sure, and I think the issue is the tech. Wiisports showed what the wii could do because the wii was a good idea. The tablet of the wiiu just isn't inspiring tech.

Hopefully Nintendo realizes this and tries to make quality software that pushes their series forward. That MarioKart 8 is not good enough.

It was always about tech. Not the Gamepad, the Gamepad is actually one of the more praised parts of the WiiU (those who say otherwise really haven't played a WiiU).

What people are miffed about is that the price range of the console and graphical input of the system along with the features.

$300 for a system that doesn't play movies (DVD or Bluray), No Music play back, No In game streaming (this is a new feature that is on both Xbox 1 and PS4), The Digital Content is tied to the System rather than your account, and more importantly the games, there maybe a few more games out for the WiiU now, but look at the future of the console, it's not looking too bright.

WiiU is not really a system worth investing in. It might be in a few years when all the good stuff is out and you're backtracking and buying everything that was released, but for what it is now it's not what people want.

#156 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@GunSmith1_basic said:

It was always about tech. Not the Gamepad, the Gamepad is actually one of the more praised parts of the WiiU (those who say otherwise really haven't played a WiiU).

What people are miffed about is that the price range of the console and graphical input of the system along with the features.

$300 for a system that doesn't play movies (DVD or Bluray), No Music play back, No In game streaming (this is a new feature that is on both Xbox 1 and PS4), The Digital Content is tied to the System rather than your account, and more importantly the games, there maybe a few more games out for the WiiU now, but look at the future of the console, it's not looking too bright.

WiiU is not really a system worth investing in. It might be in a few years when all the good stuff is out and you're backtracking and buying everything that was released, but for what it is now it's not what people want.

Sorry I think the gamepad is poor. My phone is higher res and more accurate. Gamepad had potential but so did Wiimote. Nintendo have to make it happen.

#157 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Yawn.

Grats on proving him right. No facts, no evidence, no proof support Sheep. Might as well be a cult. Fuck it, it essentially is.

#158 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25342 posts) -

@locopatho: For as long as I have had the WiiU and my experience with both android and iPod devices, I have to call BS on saying phones are more accurate than the WiiU's pad. Phones may have better touch screens than WiiU but to call them better is ignorant.

When you first saw the WiiU the first thing you saw was Off TV gameplay. That was the main core feature of WiiU and so far it has delivered in all of that. Everything Nintendo showed during those E3s Nintendo has delivered. What Nintendo hasn't delivered was pretty much everything else.

3rd party, Graphics, and certain Online features (online play itself is actually OK.) And media features.

However the off screen gameplay with the Gamepad has delivered nicely.

#159 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@locopatho: For as long as I have had the WiiU and my experience with both android and iPod devices, I have to call BS on saying phones are more accurate than the WiiU's pad. Phones may have better touch screens than WiiU but to call them better is ignorant.

When you first saw the WiiU the first thing you saw was Off TV gameplay. That was the main core feature of WiiU and so far it has delivered in all of that. Everything Nintendo showed during those E3s Nintendo has delivered. What Nintendo hasn't delivered was pretty much everything else.

3rd party, Graphics, and certain Online features (online play itself is actually OK.) And media features.

Marp. How can phones "have better touch screens" but not be better? You confuse me sir. I have yet to play Rayman Legends which seems to use it well but so far in Mario and ZombiU it's a gimmicky hindrance.

#160 Posted by KBFloYd (13638 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

there you go again flip flop boy...say nice things about nintendo now...next thread is your opinion on why the wiiu failed and open the bitching floodgates.

#161 Edited by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

there you go again flip flop boy...say nice things about nintendo now...next thread is your opinion on why the wiiu failed and open the bitching floodgates.

He's honest. Praises what he thinks is good, derides what he sees as bad. Quite being a creepy fanboy Ninty cock fiend.

#162 Edited by KBFloYd (13638 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

He's honest. Praises what he thinks is good, derides what he sees as bad. Quite being a creepy fanboy Ninty cock fiend.

his posts are 50% pro nintendo

his threads are 100% bitching at nintendo.

see where im getting at?

#163 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

his posts are 50% pro nintendo

his threads are 100% bitching at nintendo.

see where im getting at?

I see that you want him to be a brainwashed drone like you. He's not. He praises Ninty quality, derides Ninty failings. Like a logical human being.

Man I'm a huge Pixar fan, love nearly all their films, but I'm not going to defend Cars 2. That film was shit. Being a fan of "X" doesn't mean you have to suck "X"'s cock and swallow everything they fire out.

#164 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25342 posts) -

@locopatho: phones have dual touch. You can pinch inward or outward to zoom in or out. Or use the touch screen for digital buttons. The WiiU's touch pad is single touch and it's pretty tough to do anything with your fingers so you MUST use the stylus. Therefore the WiiU gamepad is worse than a phone's touch screen. But for streaming purposes for playing a game on either android/iPod or on the WiiU there's no true difference. Resolution be damned.

@KBFloYd I've told you and others. I can and will defend Nintendo but there's only so much I can do. I am not a blind fanboy like you. I can say nice things but I'm not going to flat out ignore WiiU's problems. The gamepad is not a fault of the WiiU the system itself is.

#165 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@locopatho: phones have dual touch. You can pinch inward or outward to zoom in or out. Or use the touch screen for digital buttons. The WiiU's touch pad is single touch and it's pretty tough to do anything with your fingers so you MUST use the stylus. Therefore the WiiU gamepad is worse than a phone's touch screen. But for streaming purposes for playing a game on either android/iPod or on the WiiU there's no true difference. Resolution be damned.

@KBFloYd I've told you and others. I can and will defend Nintendo but there's only so much I can do. I am not a blind fanboy like you. I can say nice things but I'm not going to flat out ignore WiiU's problems. The gamepad is not a fault of the WiiU the system itself is.

Streaming WiiU to a gamepad just gives you a smaller, lower res image. I don't get what that is supposed to give me. It's crap. I play my WiiU on my 42" Plasma Panasonic TV. The touch pad is poor, the odd time I have to look down/use it. I'd rather use the Classic Pad all the time.

#166 Posted by KBFloYd (13638 posts) -

locopatho hated the wiimote as well....hed rather play with an snes pad his whole life.

#167 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25342 posts) -

@locopatho: well it's a good thing it's completely optional. Still I find it neat. To each his own I guess.

#168 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

locopatho hated the wiimote as well....hed rather play with an snes pad his whole life.

I dislike when a new controller is less accurate, less reliable and more effort yes. I enjoyed it in certain games like Wii Sports, Warioware and Skyward Sword which used it for new purposes. But for 99% of games it was a step back. Replacing button presses with waggle isn't good.

SNES pad was good for it's time but lacks dual analogie (like the WIi. Lol), meaning it isn't suitable for modern gaming. It also lacks rumble, microphone, speaker, pressure sensitive buttons, wireless capability, menu button, and other modern controller features. I wouldn't like to play modern games with a SNES pad, though I respect it's contributions for it's time.

#169 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@locopatho: well it's a good thing it's completely optional. Still I find it neat. To each his own I guess.

Optional is always good. Yet I don't see why you praise an option that you yourself admit is inferior to a freaking mobile phone screen. That's crap.

Might as well be praising Kinect controls in Skyrim. Totes immersive!

#170 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25342 posts) -

@locopatho: for the most part. The only things that I was really impressed on the Wiimote was the IR sensor and not really the motions themselves. After the novelty of Wiisports wore off, until Wiimotion plus with red steel 2 and skyward sword, the ir sensor games like Metroid Prime and Conduit were the only games felt like real motion controls. The rest is just using motion as a replacement for a button.

#171 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25342 posts) -

@locopatho: well seeing how Kinect is SO LIMITED on what you're doing (really it's only good for dancing games IMO) it's not compatible for WiiU's gamepad. I'm saying what the pad does is fine. It gets the job done. But comparing it to other tablet devices is just silly because they're obviously better. But if you were to stream Assassin's creed IV on both your phone and WiiU pad would you honestly say the phone is better or worse than the WiiU? The gamepad is worse on touch screen functionality, but it's just fine on the streaming side. Like I said, resolution be damned.

#172 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9788 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart:

I disagree about wiisports. The wii was a real idea and it was made at the right time. I still have fun with wiisports from time to time. It is compelling software that was a breath of fresh air to me as a gamer and still is. It proves that games don't need great graphics, music, or even tight gameplay for it to be fun. It also doesn't need a lot of content value.

For me, I buy a console for software only. I don't care about good graphics that much. After playing games since the NES, I've learned how quickly eye-popping graphics get boring. I also don't care if my machine can play DVDs or Blurays, and the gamepad screen res and lack of multitouch is irrelevant to me.

When NIntendo stared failure in the face with the Gamecube, they buckled down and made really creative, polished software and made deals with third parties to get great games like RE4. When Nintendo stops with these cookie cutter wiiu sequels like MarioKart 8, SSB wiiu, NSMBU, etc. then I will probably buy a wiiu.

Like I said earlier, I am a huge Zelda fan. I hope NIntendo sees the folly of their current software strategy and does something really exciting with Zelda. When the software improves, I'll get the console.

#173 Posted by KBFloYd (13638 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

I dislike when a new controller is less accurate, less reliable and more effort yes. I enjoyed it in certain games like Wii Sports, Warioware and Skyward Sword which used it for new purposes. But for 99% of games it was a step back. Replacing button presses with waggle isn't good.

SNES pad was good for it's time but lacks dual analogie (like the WIi. Lol), meaning it isn't suitable for modern gaming. It also lacks rumble, microphone, speaker, pressure sensitive buttons, wireless capability, menu button, and other modern controller features. I wouldn't like to play modern games with a SNES pad, though I respect it's contributions for it's time.

the wii had something better than dual analog.

#174 Posted by Aparthide (235 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@locopatho: I don't think achievements should be factor, but you're pretty right on other things. Though I agree with widdowson91 more. Even if WiiU had everything the competition had it would still see small support. Which was my point. Nintendo's brand is weak, the weakest it's ever been. No one is going to buy a Nintendo console for their games.

@R4gn4r0k: yet almost every major 3rd party game on PC has "something" wrong with it. Like Dark Souls or Elder Scrolls.

Well yeah but not because PC gets the shaft. It's just impossible to QA every possible PC configuration. There's millions of different configuration so there are bound to be some people with problems. And big problems usually get fixed within a day or two. Dark Souls was just incompetence. I think Durante fixed it within an hour. What was the big problem with Skyrim? From what I recall it was the ps3 version that got the shaft. (Like all ps3 Bethesda games)

#175 Posted by Minishdriveby (9975 posts) -

I'm fine with that because by the end of this year I will be sold on one.

#176 Edited by widdowson91 (1237 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Yawn.

Grats on proving him right. No facts, no evidence, no proof support Sheep. Might as well be a cult. Fuck it, it essentially is.

It's not about proving him right or wrong. Whether I enjoy the Wii U or not has nothing to do with 'facts'. It's all opinions. If somebody else doesn't like it that's fine. It doesn't affect me. But liking it doesn't make me an idiot, as he claimed all Wii U owners were in his original post (aren't you a Wii U owner yourself? Because if you are he was also calling you an idiot), and no amount of 'facts' will change my mind. Randomly throwing 'facts' at me for why the Wii U is crap means nothing to me because I have enjoyed the console. And that's all he could do, because he clearly hasn't tried the console for himself. I can't be bothered to listen to somebody who hasn't tried a product for themselves yet thinks they have their own in-depth opinion of it. Would you listed to me if I said a game was crap without playing it? Would you listen to me if I said the PS4 was crap without extensively playing one? No, I don't think you would. And that isn't something I'd do anyway, because I'm not ignorant in that respect. And the fact that he kept repeating himself, without the ability to add anything new, is what makes me yawn.

Now, if he went away and extensively played a Wii U, you know, to actually build up an opinion of it, then I'd have more repsect for what he said. Until that happens he's just a randomer on the internet who keeps complaining about a product he doesn't even want. I don't know about you but if I don't want a product I won't go around on threads for it slagging it off. If he bought one and felt disappointed with what he got that's fine. But there is no logical reason to criticise a produce that you have no intent of buying. The Xbox One doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I don't go around criticising its difficulty to play games in 1080p at 60fps. I don't go around saying Xbox Live is a rip-off compared to PSN.

The Wii U may not be a phenomenon, but that doesn't mean people can't enjoy it. And I'm sick to death of people thinking all Wii U owners are blind Nintendo fanboys. Heck, I play more non-Nintendo hardware than I do Nintendo hardware. Just a quick look at my owned games list here on GameSpot will prove that point quite definitively.

#177 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71726 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart: Let them do their own thing. If they release good titles such as Mario Kart, Zelda, F-Zero, Fox, Smash Bros, Mario, Metroid, etc they are good

#178 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

Nah it was inferior, hence why gamers shunned it and Nintendo moved to superior dual analogue controls for the WiiU.

#179 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@widdowson91 said:

@locopatho said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Yawn.

It's not about proving him right or wrong. Whether I enjoy the Wii U or not has nothing to do with 'facts'. It's all opinions. If somebody else doesn't like it that's fine. It doesn't affect me. But liking it doesn't make me an idiot, as he claimed all Wii U owners were in his original post (aren't you a Wii U owner yourself? Because if you are he was also calling you an idiot), and no amount of 'facts' will change my mind. Randomly throwing 'facts' at me for why the Wii U is crap means nothing to me because I have enjoyed the console. And that's all he could do, because he clearly hasn't tried the console for himself. I can't be bothered to listen to somebody who hasn't tried a product for themselves yet thinks they have their own in-depth opinion of it. Would you listed to me if I said a game was crap without playing it? Would you listen to me if I said the PS4 was crap without extensively playing one? No, I don't think you would. And that isn't something I'd do anyway, because I'm not ignorant in that respect. And the fact that he kept repeating himself, without the ability to add anything new, is what makes me yawn.

Now, if he went away and extensively played a Wii U, you know, to actually build up an opinion of it, then I'd have more repsect for what he said. Until that happens he's just a randomer on the internet who keeps complaining about a product he doesn't even want. I don't know about you but if I don't want a product I won't go around on threads for it slagging it off. If he bought one and felt disappointed with what he got that's fine. But there is no logical reason to criticise a produce that you have no intent of buying. The Xbox One doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I don't go around criticising its difficulty to play games in 1080p and 60fps. I don't go around saying Xbox Live is a rip-off compared to PSN.

The Wii U may not be a phenomenon, but that doesn't mean people can't enjoy it. And I'm sick to death of people thinking all Wii U owners are blind Nintendo fanboys. Heck, I play more non-Nintendo hardware than I do Nintendo hardware. Just a quick look at my owned games list here on GameSpot will prove that point quite definitively.

I didn't see him call anyone an idiot. Or say we were wrong to own a WiiU. I did see him state a bunch of facts showing the WiiU is the worst console. You can like it, I can like it, it's still the worst console out there. Btw the whole point of System Wars is to slag stuff off :P

#180 Posted by widdowson91 (1237 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

Nah it was inferior, hence why gamers shunned it and Nintendo moved to superior dual analogue controls for the WiiU.

Well, I thought the Wii Pointer and Nunchuk combo worked well for first-person shooters. That is, when the developers actually tried to implement the idea well. Games like Metroid Prime 3 and Red Steel 2 made great use of the hardware. But the lack of a second analogue stick was a problem in some games. But a lot of Wii games also had the option to use the classic controller, so that wasn't too much of an issue. I just wish Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 supported the classic controller. The camera was near-flawless in those games, but there was still the very rare time when a second stick would have helped out.

#181 Edited by widdowson91 (1237 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@widdowson91 said:

@locopatho said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Yawn.

Now, if he went away and extensively played a Wii U, you know, to actually build up an opinion of it, then I'd have more repsect for what he said. Until that happens he's just a randomer on the internet who keeps complaining about a product he doesn't even want. I don't know about you but if I don't want a product I won't go around on threads for it slagging it off. If he bought one and felt disappointed with what he got that's fine. But there is no logical reason to criticise a produce that you have no intent of buying. The Xbox One doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I don't go around criticising its difficulty to play games in 1080p and 60fps. I don't go around saying Xbox Live is a rip-off compared to PSN.

I didn't see him call anyone an idiot. Or say we were wrong to own a WiiU. I did see him state a bunch of facts showing the WiiU is the worst console. You can like it, I can like it, it's still the worst console out there. Btw the whole point of System Wars is to slag stuff off :P

He said in his original comment that you'd have to be an idiot to buy what Nintendo are selling. Funnily enough I wasn't the only person to take him up on the issue. Somebody else also criticised what he said. The comment is on page two of this thread if you want to see it for yourself, but I'll just quote what he said:

"Nintendo makes sub standard consoles and has sub standard services. All this could be over looked but they then have premium prices. They also have sub standard software selection. Only a idiot would buy what nintendo is selling. Now if the wii u was say 150 bucks then you could over look the many faults. However when even cell phones have similar power and fit in your pocket why would you buy a wii u for 300 bucks.

You can buy a ps3 or 360 with a much better game selection and 3rd party support. You can add 100 bucks and get a ps4 with 5x the power of the wii u. You can even buy a 2ds and get nintendo games portable. All these options have a much better value than the wii pew."

Truthfully he made some points that I do agree with, but its just plain ignorant of somebody else's tastes and opinions to even suggest that only idiots buy what Nintendo sells. I know the Wii U has the worst tech, but I'm fine with that. That doesn't make me an idiot. In fact, if anything, a comment like that just shows his own idiocy. Quite ironic really. It seems impossible, especially in the gaming community, for somebody to like something without somebody else criticising their opinion. It's sad.

#182 Edited by KBFloYd (13638 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

gamers shunned the motion controls in place of buttons...

the replacement of dual analog was praised.

unfortunately you cant have one without the other...so they downgraded to dual analog again. thankfully wiimote is still in use for shooters at least on wiiu. although camera control was also better with wiimote but the only game that used it was tomb raider anniversary. a 3rd party game :P.

#183 Edited by Coolyfett (5085 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

You can lower the Price all you want, you can give it the most kick butt bundles that will make you drool, you can give it all sorts of awesome games and it will still sell less than expectations.

Why? Because it's not a PlayStation or Xbox.

Don't start saying I'm wrong because this is the truth. Xbox and PlayStation brands are held to a much higher standard than Nintendo's. That's why you see 3rd parties not giving a second thought in supporting PlayStation or Xbox yet when it comes to Nintendo they expect to be paid in full before even attempting to work on a game, or if already being worked on 3rd parties would give Nintendo their lower teir Dev team to make a multiplatform game while putting their best teams on PS or Xbox.

PC gets shafted too, but thank god for the open endness of the platform so users can make the shoddy ports better.

Nintendo? They have to deal with the abuse.

Some say this is all Nintendo's fault, some it's not, but one thing is for sure clear and that is the WiiU will not sell even after smash and Mario kart release because it will not have Dark Souls 2, The Witches 3, Thief, TitanFall, Infamous, Metal gear solid V, South Park Stick of Truth, Grand Theft Auto V, The Elder Scrolls V, etc, etc,...

Nintendo gamers are now in their rightful place in gaming society. The Bottom. Coolyfett would like to personally invite them over to Playstation Nation, even girls are welcome. Sign up on Playstation Network and game with the winners of the gaming society. System Wars......Fun times, very fun times.

#184 Posted by Coolyfett (5085 posts) -

@DaBrainz said:

It will not have poor sales because of your imaginary standards. It will have poor sales because the mainstream gamer is stupid and doesn't see a superior system when there is one.

b i t t e r n e s s

#185 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28393 posts) -

lol wow legato I've seen you post some stupidity before but this takes the cake.

lol If it released a huge amount of awesome games it still wont sell good...lolololol

#186 Edited by DocSanchez (1600 posts) -

@Coolyfett: Coolyfett is wise in all things.

#187 Edited by KBFloYd (13638 posts) -

@Coolyfett said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

You can lower the Price all you want, you can give it the most kick butt bundles that will make you drool, you can give it all sorts of awesome games and it will still sell less than expectations.

Why? Because it's not a PlayStation or Xbox.

Don't start saying I'm wrong because this is the truth. Xbox and PlayStation brands are held to a much higher standard than Nintendo's. That's why you see 3rd parties not giving a second thought in supporting PlayStation or Xbox yet when it comes to Nintendo they expect to be paid in full before even attempting to work on a game, or if already being worked on 3rd parties would give Nintendo their lower teir Dev team to make a multiplatform game while putting their best teams on PS or Xbox.

PC gets shafted too, but thank god for the open endness of the platform so users can make the shoddy ports better.

Nintendo? They have to deal with the abuse.

Some say this is all Nintendo's fault, some it's not, but one thing is for sure clear and that is the WiiU will not sell even after smash and Mario kart release because it will not have Dark Souls 2, The Witches 3, Thief, TitanFall, Infamous, Metal gear solid V, South Park Stick of Truth, Grand Theft Auto V, The Elder Scrolls V, etc, etc,...

Nintendo gamers are now in their rightful place in gaming society. The Bottom. Coolyfett would like to personally invite them over to Playstation Nation, even girls are welcome. Sign up on Playstation Network and game with the winners of the gaming society. System Wars......Fun times, very fun times.

youre at the bottom of the handheld market ...we are at the bottom of the console market... i wouldnt declare victory like you are.

#188 Posted by gamecubepad (6112 posts) -

WiiU will become a great system I have faith in it. People will like it and possibly buy games? Yes.

#189 Posted by KungfuKitten (21055 posts) -

You shall not buy two platforms!

#190 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

unfortunately you cant have one without the other...so they downgraded to dual analog again. thankfully wiimote is still in use for shooters at least on wiiu. although camera control was also better with wiimote but the only game that used it was tomb raider anniversary. a 3rd party game :P.

Praised by people who don't play shooters. It was only good for on rail shooters, for instant camera control you need dual analogue., not that crappy "dragging" the screen around nonsense.

You can call it a downgrade, but gamers chose dual analogue and so did your GOD Nintendo. It's better.

There are shooters on the WiiU? Seems unlikely.

#191 Posted by chocolate1325 (32524 posts) -

The only people that are buying one are Nintendo die hards that bought every single system and feel they need to continue to do so. Most people are gonna buy the other 2 because of upcoming titles and 3rd party exclusives. Nintendo doesn't matter what they do with the system unless they redesign the thing without the Gamepad and drop the price then they will continue to get blitzed in against their rivals in the market but would that be to big of a risk to take.

#192 Edited by widdowson91 (1237 posts) -

@chocolate1325 said:

The only people that are buying one are Nintendo die hards that bought every single system and feel they need to continue to do so. Most people are gonna buy the other 2 because of upcoming titles and 3rd party exclusives. Nintendo doesn't matter what they do with the system unless they redesign the thing without the Gamepad and drop the price then they will continue to get blitzed in against their rivals in the market but would that be to big of a risk to take.

Re-designing the Wii U and getting rid of the GamePad will destroy all the games that currently require the GamePad. That would be a stupid idea on Nintendo's behalf if this happened.

#193 Posted by drummerdave9099 (706 posts) -

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Fact the wii u has NO 3rd party support.

You know that's not true.

Fact the wii u has the least 3rd party support is the correct answer

#194 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25342 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Coolyfett said:

youre at the bottom of the handheld market ...we are at the bottom of the console market... i wouldnt declare victory like you are.

Maybe they could merge? I mean Sony isn't doing well financially and Nintendo obviously doesn't know what they're doing.

Of course that won't really happen, not only because the fanbases would be uber rabid on a merger like that, but the two companies are probably just too "proud" to do something like that.

@Aparthide said:

Well yeah but not because PC gets the shaft. It's just impossible to QA every possible PC configuration. There's millions of different configuration so there are bound to be some people with problems. And big problems usually get fixed within a day or two. Dark Souls was just incompetence. I think Durante fixed it within an hour. What was the big problem with Skyrim? From what I recall it was the ps3 version that got the shaft. (Like all ps3 Bethesda games)

Eh I was just quoting what I've heard some people say about vanilla Skyrim and vanilla Dark Souls. I honestly didn't mind the vanilla stuff.

#195 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7279 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

Praised by people who don't play shooters. It was only good for on rail shooters, for instant camera control you need dual analogue., not that crappy "dragging" the screen around nonsense.

You can call it a downgrade, but gamers chose dual analogue and so did your GOD Nintendo. It's better.

There are shooters on the WiiU? Seems unlikely.

The Wii U has 2 Call of Duty games. Nobody bought them, though. I don't think any shooter is ever going to sell well at all on that console unless it has a great single player campaign.

#196 Posted by ajames_123 (2983 posts) -

I have a PS4 and a gaming PC but will be picking up a Wii U when mario kart comes out. Mario kart, smash bros and zelda and a few more exclusives is enough for me to warrent buying one if i find a good deal.

I think the Wii U could make a excellent secondary console.

#197 Posted by Ghost120x (3885 posts) -

I'm pretty sure there were similar statements about PlayStation 3 back in 2006. Trying to predict the industry is a very hard thing to do.