WiiU managed to outsell XBone at its launch

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@regnaston: First the Cows understand profit about as well as Sony does. Second you are using reputable sites like fool.Com which again the Cows get super confused by. In other words your post is awesome but is totally wasted on the window licking Sony Fan.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

lol you guys need hobbies.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

@regnaston said:

Both the PS4 and XB1 will succeed in their respective bases. As for the sales numbers as of the end of 2013 we have to remember a few things

1. PS4 was available in many more markets

2. Both consoles had supply problems

3. Even though the PS4 outsold the XB1 by 1.2 million units, Sony makes approx $18 per unit profit whereas Microsoft makes $28 profit per unit. In real $ that means that Microsoft made 9 million dollars more than Sony (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/12/21/ps4-vs-xbox-one-3-key-takeaways-from-1-month-of-sa.aspx)

4. Some reports say that the PS4 has sold more games, others say the Xbox One has .. this list shows that the PS4 sold better in some and the XB1 sold better for others

*The order of the platform in parenthesis signifies which version sold best in descending order.

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC)*
  2. Battlefield 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC)
  3. Just Dance 2014 (Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, PS3, PS4)
  4. Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)
  5. NBA 2K14 (Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
  6. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC
  7. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360, PS3)
  8. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, Vita, PC)
  9. FIFA 14 (Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
  10. Skylanders: Swap Force (Wii, 360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4)
    *The order of the platform in parenthesis signifies which version sold best in descending order.

Kuu2. Another alt?

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

@Bishop1310 said:

And this.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@BlessedChill said:

@regnaston said:

Both the PS4 and XB1 will succeed in their respective bases. As for the sales numbers as of the end of 2013 we have to remember a few things

3. Even though the PS4 outsold the XB1 by 1.2 million units, Sony makes approx $18 per unit profit whereas Microsoft makes $28 profit per unit. In real $ that means that Microsoft made 9 million dollars more than Sony (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/12/21/ps4-vs-xbox-one-3-key-takeaways-from-1-month-of-sa.aspx)

4. Some reports say that the PS4 has sold more games, others say the Xbox One has .. this list shows that the PS4 sold better in some and the XB1 sold better for others

8. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, Vita, PC)

Kuu2. Another alt?

Nope.. I am not him.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#56 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

wiiu i s a good platform , people need to quit making asumptions that its not, and if you really think nintendos really in trouble because of a slow start look at 3ds and ps3 , 2 fine examples of just that ,

lets not forget xbox still has a chance to screw up, already did by not making hdds compatibile at launch and believe me 5 games youll need it i already have that number of games and i probably ate half my hard drive already if not more ,

ps4 and wiu allow you to upgrade to a bigger size via external or internal for ps4 ,

xbox one atm does not ,

500 bucks youd think it would be ,

500 bucks would also think its bc with x360 arcade games , its not , not even , your not getting much value here with x1 i know from experience i hardly play mine any more , i beat all but 1 game thats ac 4 so ya , wiiu will pick up and when it does dont say i didnt warn ya so the hating keep it up it aint helping you , to any one who thinks nintendo is done ,nintendo just told ign they aint even if they are making losses cause they know they got the money for decades to come , who knows they may just break even by the time this gen is over , with the 2d/3ds alone, so ya , that being said i think the only one youd need to worry abour is microsoft ,

they never once held the sales throne , they never once had the profits nintendo had , without xbl , their hardware is costing them ,

and like sega i doubt theyll ever taste the top and nintendos tasted the top in some form each gen theyve been around

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@BlessedChill said:

@Bishop1310 said:

And this.

Well, yeah. That's most of the system wars fanboys.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@regnaston said:

1. Dumb excuse. If SONY allocated all their units to the same 13 countries that MS was serving, they'd still have sold only 4.2 million as that is how many they produced. You can't sell what's not available. This is not the same as Microsoft's situation, as there are plenty of unsold Xbones collecting dust in warehouses all over NA and EU. Furthermore, the majority of those 50+ countries that SONY was selling PS4s at have a very, very small Xbox presence, which is why Microsoft decided NOT to sell in those countries at launch. Redistributing the unsold Xbones in NA and EU to those markets wouldn't have budged the 3 million figure. Xbone sales would be 0 in those markets.

2. Only the PS4 has supply problems. Xbone has a demand problem.

3. Congrats? You're happy that Microsoft is ripping you off?

4. Those are US figures. Estimates place the USA PS4 and Xbone sales on par. Latest figures are at 75k each in the US per week. That is a GIANT loss of MS, who sold 2x as many 360s and PS3 in the USA last-gen.

1. I would love to see where you get your numbers from about this magical supply inventory. http://247wallst.com/media/2013/11/25/xbox-one-and-ps4-sales-seriously-muted-over-supply-issues/ that link says both systems had supply issues. And given we do not know the production capacity of either company we do not know where any new inventory is coming from (whether a warehouse or new production)

2. See point #1 ... you are making things up

3. Ripped off?? I knew what I was buying, and FWIW I bought my system from a guy moving to the middle east that could not use this version of the XB over there due to TV standards being different (NTSC vs PAL ) and I bought it for $500 total and it included 2 games.

4. Early sales, early supply was spread over the world. If US sales for the PS4 beat the XB1 near the end of it's life then this point is valid

And to add another point. I dont care if you have a Wii, Ps4, XB1 or any other system. If you enjoy it, that is ALL that matters. Trust me it is better to have competition in the marketplace then to have one company dominant.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@regnaston said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@regnaston said:

1. Dumb excuse. If SONY allocated all their units to the same 13 countries that MS was serving, they'd still have sold only 4.2 million as that is how many they produced. You can't sell what's not available. This is not the same as Microsoft's situation, as there are plenty of unsold Xbones collecting dust in warehouses all over NA and EU. Furthermore, the majority of those 50+ countries that SONY was selling PS4s at have a very, very small Xbox presence, which is why Microsoft decided NOT to sell in those countries at launch. Redistributing the unsold Xbones in NA and EU to those markets wouldn't have budged the 3 million figure. Xbone sales would be 0 in those markets.

4. Those are US figures. Estimates place the USA PS4 and Xbone sales on par. Latest figures are at 75k each in the US per week. That is a GIANT loss of MS, who sold 2x as many 360s and PS3 in the USA last-gen.

1. I would love to see where you get your numbers from about this magical supply inventory. http://247wallst.com/media/2013/11/25/xbox-one-and-ps4-sales-seriously-muted-over-supply-issues/ that link says both systems had supply issues. And given we do not know the production capacity of either company we do not know where any new inventory is coming from (whether a warehouse or new production)

3. Ripped off?? I knew what I was buying, and FWIW I bought my system from a guy moving to the middle east that could not use this version of the XB over there due to TV standards being different (NTSC vs PAL ) and I bought it for $500 total and it included 2 games.

4. Early sales, early supply was spread over the world. If US sales for the PS4 beat the XB1 near the end of it's life then this point is valid

And to add another point. I dont care if you have a Wii, Ps4, XB1 or any other system. If you enjoy it, that is ALL that matters. Trust me it is better to have competition in the marketplace then to have one company dominant.

1. November 25th article. Do you have a more recent article or will you continue to spew crap?

2. Nope. PS4 still sold-out and SONY still has many preorders to fulfill even in late January. Xbone already getting price cuts from several retailers.

3. Xbone is a last-gen console.

4. MS has released Xbone in all their major territories (And was still massively owned by the PS4 in most non-NA countries). Releasing the Xbone in any major market won't do anything to their sales number.

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By AugustEvans
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@regnaston said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@regnaston said:

1. November 25th article. Do you have a more recent article or will you continue to spew crap?

2. Nope. PS4 still sold-out and SONY still has many preorders to fulfill even in late January. Xbone already getting price cuts from several retailers.

4. MS has released Xbone in all their major territories (And was still massively owned by the PS4 in most non-NA countries). Releasing the Xbone in any major market won't do anything to their sales number.

I agree that the X1 sucks but why do u keep insisting that the X1 is a last gen console? It's closer to the ps4 in power than it is to the wii u. 1.3 tf vs 1.8 tf whereas the wii u isnt even 200 gflops.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@augustevans said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@regnaston said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@regnaston said:

I agree thay the X1 sucks but why do u keep insisting that the X1 is a lasy gen console? It's closer to the ps4 in power than it is to the wii u. 1.3 tf vs 1.8 tf whereas the wii u isnt even 200 gflops.

Theoretical performance, just like PS3's theoretical 2 TF performance was never met.

PS4's architecture is far more efficient and future-proof than the Xbone. There's a lot of components inside the PS4 that are 1-2 generations ahead of their counterparts on the Xbone. HUMA is one tech that gives the PS4 much better memory efficiency than the Xbone. This makes the PS4 far more likely to hit its theoretical peak than the Xbone, as both the GPU and CPU are cache coherent and can access the same memory section without copying. The Xbone doesn't have this feature and it's using last-gen memory-read tech. In order for the CPU and GPU on the Xbone to read the same section, devs have to utilize a lot of power from the GPU and/or CPU in order to copy the data to another portion in the memory. In "tech terms", we say that it is not "cache coherent". I'd put PS4's real-world performance at 1.8 TF out of its theo. peak of 1.81 TF.

One of the biggest problems on the Xbone is the 32 mb eSRAM. Now, many delusional lemmings like to convince themselves that the eSRAM was some secret masterplan by Microsoft in order to boost efficiency and tap into vast reserves of power. This is actually kinda laughable and it's up there with the dGPU rumor as one of the silliest rumors for current-gen consoles.

In truth, the eSRAM is only modestly faster than DDR3. The bandwidth on the DDR3 RAM was too slow, so Microsoft added the slightly faster eSRAM in order to compensate. It's nothing special. Devs have used the eSRAM as a framebuffer, but its 32 mb in size is too limited. This is why Xbone struggles to reach res higher than 1080p. Ironically, this issue is similar to the split-RAM architecture on the PS3. PS4's fast and massive 8 GB GDDR5 RAM allows devs to be flexible with their frame buffer size in the same way that devs on the 360 were allowed flexibility on how much memory they allocated to the GPU and CPU. This time, devs are only allowed 32 mb as their framebuffer size on the ONE while devs can use far more on the PS4. KZ: SF uses 49 mb as its frame buffer size.

Then, there's the issue with the DMEs. Because of the eSRAM, 2 memory pools are located on the Xbone, meaning that hardware is needed to be used to transfer data between the two memory types. Of course, devs need to use the DMEs by using some CPU and GPU power so that the DMEs know when and which data to transfer to the eSRAM. The PS4 with only 1 fast memory pool doesn't need to do this. Just look at how the PS4's CPU still performs better than the Xbone's CPU despite being clocked lower. It's because of all the tasks that the Xbone does that drags down the performance.

You can think of it like this:

You're a dev and you write some code that you want to execute by both the GPU and CPU.

On the PS4, all you need to do is dump it onto its great GDDR5 RAM. Thanks to the hUMA tech, GPU and CPU can both read where in the memory your code is located at. GDDR5 is large and fast, so you don't need to create different partitions on the memory and worry that the machine will lag while executing your code. No CPU and GPU power is being needed to transfer that code to another section in the memory.

Now let's look at the Xbone.

You write some code. You dump it on the DDR3 RAM. It's too slow. You look at eSRAM. It's too small. You gimp your code so that DDR3 RAM can read it and eSRAM can read part of it. When you execute your new code, the CPU and GPU get bottlenecked, since it doesn't have hUMA. You gimp your code even further so that the CPU and GPU read off different portions of the memory. Now, when your CPU runs a code that you want both the CPU and GPU to run, the CPU needs to run it WHILE copying the code to another section in the memory to read off of. That takes up space in the memory and cycles from the CPU and GPU.

All in all, you wasted 50% of your CPU and GPU power that the PS4 didn't need to use.

There's a lot more inefficiencies in the Xbone. Too many for me to list. The point is, the Xbone is pretty poorly engineered. It's real performance, by my professional estimation, is more like 400-600 GFlops. That's why Xbone games are static, 720p, linear, and crap graphics. I mean, on the PS4, we have open-world games with lots of dynamic elements that don't look like trash. On the Xbone, we have nothing but same-old 720p games with no dynamic elements, muddy textures, prebaked crap. And when they do have open-world games, they look worse than games we have on last-gen consoles.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

3 million Wii Us by the end of 2012? It isn't doomed! Hurray!

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 AugustEvans
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@augustevans said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@regnaston said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@regnaston said:

I agree thay the X1 sucks but why do u keep insisting that the X1 is a lasy gen console? It's closer to the ps4 in power than it is to the wii u. 1.3 tf vs 1.8 tf whereas the wii u isnt even 200 gflops.

Theoretical performance, just like PS3's theoretical 2 TF performance was never met.

PS4's architecture is far more efficient and future-proof than the Xbone. There's a lot of components inside the PS4 that are 1-2 generations ahead of their counterparts on the Xbone. HUMA is one tech that gives the PS4 much better memory efficiency than the Xbone. This makes the PS4 far more likely to hit its theoretical peak than the Xbone, as both the GPU and CPU are cache coherent and can access the same memory section without copying. The Xbone doesn't have this feature and it's using last-gen memory-read tech. In order for the CPU and GPU on the Xbone to read the same section, devs have to utilize a lot of power from the GPU and/or CPU in order to copy the data to another portion in the memory. In "tech terms", we say that it is not "cache coherent". I'd put PS4's real-world performance at 1.8 TF out of its theo. peak of 1.81 TF.

One of the biggest problems on the Xbone is the 32 mb eSRAM. Now, many delusional lemmings like to convince themselves that the eSRAM was some secret masterplan by Microsoft in order to boost efficiency and tap into vast reserves of power. This is actually kinda laughable and it's up there with the dGPU rumor as one of the silliest rumors for current-gen consoles.

In truth, the eSRAM is only modestly faster than DDR3. The bandwidth on the DDR3 RAM was too slow, so Microsoft added the slightly faster eSRAM in order to compensate. It's nothing special. Devs have used the eSRAM as a framebuffer, but its 32 mb in size is too limited. This is why Xbone struggles to reach res higher than 1080p. Ironically, this issue is similar to the split-RAM architecture on the PS3. PS4's fast and massive 8 GB GDDR5 RAM allows devs to be flexible with their frame buffer size in the same way that devs on the 360 were allowed flexibility on how much memory they allocated to the GPU and CPU. This time, devs are only allowed 32 mb as their framebuffer size on the ONE while devs can use far more on the PS4. KZ: SF uses 49 mb as its frame buffer size.

Then, there's the issue with the DMEs. Because of the eSRAM, 2 memory pools are located on the Xbone, meaning that hardware is needed to be used to transfer data between the two memory types. Of course, devs need to use the DMEs by using some CPU and GPU power so that the DMEs know when and which data to transfer to the eSRAM. The PS4 with only 1 fast memory pool doesn't need to do this. Just look at how the PS4's CPU still performs better than the Xbone's CPU despite being clocked lower. It's because of all the tasks that the Xbone does that drags down the performance.

You can think of it like this:

You're a dev and you write some code that you want to execute by both the GPU and CPU.

On the PS4, all you need to do is dump it onto its great GDDR5 RAM. Thanks to the hUMA tech, GPU and CPU can both read where in the memory your code is located at. GDDR5 is large and fast, so you don't need to create different partitions on the memory and worry that the machine will lag while executing your code. No CPU and GPU power is being needed to transfer that code to another section in the memory.

Now let's look at the Xbone.

You write some code. You dump it on the DDR3 RAM. It's too slow. You look at eSRAM. It's too small. You gimp your code so that DDR3 RAM can read it and eSRAM can read part of it. When you execute your new code, the CPU and GPU get bottlenecked, since it doesn't have hUMA. You gimp your code even further so that the CPU and GPU read off different portions of the memory. Now, when your CPU runs a code that you want both the CPU and GPU to run, the CPU needs to run it WHILE copying the code to another section in the memory to read off of. That takes up space in the memory and cycles from the CPU and GPU.

All in all, you wasted 50% of your CPU and GPU power that the PS4 didn't need to use.

There's a lot more inefficiencies in the Xbone. Too many for me to list. The point is, the Xbone is pretty poorly engineered. It's real performance, by my professional estimation, is more like 400-600 GFlops. That's why Xbone games are static, 720p, linear, and crap graphics. I mean, on the PS4, we have open-world games with lots of dynamic elements that don't look like trash. On the Xbone, we have nothing but same-old 720p games with no dynamic elements, muddy textures, prebaked crap. And when they do have open-world games, they look worse than games we have on last-gen consoles.

Doesnt matter. 1.3 tf destroys last gen and the wii u and is closer to the ps4.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@super600 said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Uh the Wii U wasn't anywhere near $500 at launch.

Try harder.

You're talking as if there's a good powergap between the U and the Xbone when both of these machines are far closer to each other and last-gen consoles than they are to the PS4.

Xbone is a last-gen console power-wise. Consumers see this. Expect a SHARP Xbone sales decline.

LOL no. You cows are setting yourselves up for major self-ownage if you think the PS4 is actually that far ahead. Reality check. Its not.

Sharp sales decline because of weaker hardware? So the strength of the hardware determines how well a console sells? I guess the underpowered wii didn't win its generation? Oh wait it did. I guess the underpowered PS2 didn't win its generation? Oh wait it did.

Come back when you know what you're talking about.

All I see are tears dripping from your face onto your keyboard while I was reading your post.

I just told you. The PS4 is a TRUE next-gen console. It offers true next-gen graphics without having suffocating, narrow corridors, It fixes ALL the problems that last-gen consoles have. The Xbone is just Xbox 360 version 2 with worse download speeds, longass install times and last-gen graphics. Combine this with a $500 price-tag and you have yourself a recipe for disaster.

Consumers are going to see this and they will pick the PS4 over the Xbone.

What made the wii a viable candidate for a gamer was its motion control. It was a fad that has now died out.

The PS4 will win with a wide margin this gen and lemmings like you will cry all gen long. Prepare your anus.

The most sony will win by is 10-20 million and maybe more. I do not see the casuals getting a PS4 this gen so sony has to fight with ms over the market that bought both or any of the last gen HD consoles. MS will prevent sony from taking a massive piece of this market.And the xbox one is slightly weaker than the PS4 at the end of the day.

Perhaps you would like to wager your mod status for that claim?

Why would I bet over something as silly as this.You do remind me of a certain user.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

@Shewgenja: what are u talking about ps3 ha no games for about a full year

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

/THREAD

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@super600 said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

Perhaps you would like to wager your mod status for that claim?

Why would I bet over something as silly as this.You do remind me of a certain user.

Not sure how he's still roaming around

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#68 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

lol. ok... it will outsell u by march. it willost likely double what the wii have by end of the year.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

The WiiU will end up in last place this gen, that's for sure.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

/THREAD

Obligatory

LOLVGCHARTZ