WiiU managed to outsell XBone at its launch

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Shewgenja (11841 posts) -

and didn't leave a bunch of units on the shelves, either, as I recall.

3.06 million Wii U consoles sold as of December 31, 2012

Expects sales to reach four million units by the end of March 2013.

By James Orry (@VGJames) On 30th Jan, 2013 at 9:28am

The Wii U has sold 3.06 million units as of December 31, 2012, Nintendo has announced as part of its third-quarter financial results.

Of this 3.06 million units, 1.32 million units were sold in the US, 830,000 units shifted in Japan, and 900,000 were sold across Europe.

Nintendo has also cut its Wii U hardware sales forecast for the year ending March 31, 2013 from 5.5 million to only 4 million units.

Regarding Wii U software, Nintendo's New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land sold 2.01 million and 2.33 million units, respectively. Worldwide sales of Wii U software is 11.69 million units, giving a software attach rate of around 4 games per Wii U console sold. These figures include packaged and downloadable versions.

The attach rates in each territory do, however, differ considerably. In Japan 1.48 million games were sold, meaning under two per Wii U console. In the US 6.4 million games were sold, meaning almost five games were sold per Wii U. Across Europe 3.82 million games were sold, giving an attach rate of over four per Wii U.

Through the nine-month period ended December 31, 2012, Nintendo has shipped 21.45 million hardware units and 126.57 million software units worldwide. Global unit sales, including lifetime totals, are as follows (millions of units):

Source: Nintendo Q3 financial results

Ouchies!

So yes, at this point it is a very real concern that XBone can go the way of the WiiU, still.

#2 Edited by BlessedChill (697 posts) -

Things are looking grim.

With the Xbox One in last place, hopefully Microsoft won't scrap it within the next 2 years.

#3 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3245 posts) -

In all fairness, the PS4 had released a week earlier in the US so it had a lot of competition. The Wii U released over a year ago and had literally no competition yet.

#4 Edited by MFDOOM1983 (8461 posts) -

@WadeFan: And XB1 was $150 more.

#5 Edited by TheEroica (14674 posts) -

spin is spin. I don't think the bone is gonna struggle passing the WiiU... Though I hope the thre consoles fight it out all gen long. makes for a better gen for gamers when companies are fighting for my money

#6 Edited by Shewgenja (11841 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

spin is spin. I don't think the bone is gonna struggle passing the WiiU... Though I hope the thre consoles fight it out all gen long. makes for a better gen for gamers when companies are fighting for my money

I think competition is great, but not with hardware and especially not with the high cost of game development these days. One dominant platform would be great for gamers and the industry right now. IMHO. Besides, someone should make room for Steambox.

I think the competition should be about what matters most, the games. As long as three hardware companies are healthy enough to do it again for another generation, that's all I could give a toss about when it comes to the systems. Let the actual game makers focus on a platform and really show their stuff. Last gen was utterly monstrously pathetic and it was because PS3 and 360 were even matched. Not to mention, a lot of studios had to close shop.

#7 Posted by cainetao11 (20772 posts) -

@TheEroica: I agree. Amazing when I read some of the posts here. Like there is a real stake in one console industry.

#8 Edited by Shewgenja (11841 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@TheEroica: I agree. Amazing when I read some of the posts here. Like there is a real stake in one console industry.

You're only saying that because the XBox is about to have its ass handed to it.

#9 Posted by RR360DD (13147 posts) -

Uh the Wii U wasn't anywhere near $500 at launch.

Try harder.

#10 Edited by BattlefieldFan3 (361 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

You're talking as if there's a good difference between the U and the Xbone with the advantage going to the Xbone when both of these machines are far closer to each other and last-gen consoles than they are to the PS4.

Like the Wii U, the Xbone is a last-gen console power-wise. It doesn't stop there either. Xbone also has a slow, lagging OS that can't multitask well. XBL is trash with downloaded speeds SLOWER than PSN. Games still use P2P connection. Install times are multiple times WORSE than the PS3.

I'd even go so far as to say Nintendo's network is BETTER than XBL. What makes the Wii U a better console than the Xbone is that it is cheaper, has better first-party games, and has a better network while having a similar powerlevel.

Consumers see this. Expect a SHARP Xbone sales decline.

#11 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9628 posts) -

WTF is the point here?

The Wii U didn't outsell anything.

#12 Edited by RR360DD (13147 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

You're talking as if there's a good powergap between the U and the Xbone when both of these machines are far closer to each other and last-gen consoles than they are to the PS4.

Xbone is a last-gen console power-wise. Consumers see this. Expect a SHARP Xbone sales decline.

LOL no. You cows are setting yourselves up for major self-ownage if you think the PS4 is actually that far ahead. Reality check. Its not.

Sharp sales decline because of weaker hardware? So the strength of the hardware determines how well a console sells? I guess the underpowered wii didn't win its generation? Oh wait it did. I guess the underpowered PS2 didn't win its generation? Oh wait it did.

Come back when you know what you're talking about.

#13 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

bu-bu-bu xbone has had a great launch!!! haha the real test will be this year when sony can finally put some damn consoles on the shelves, there is no way x1 stands a chance against a $100 cheaper and more powerful console. ps4 will dominate euro, uk and japan with us being 60/40 split in favour of ps4

#14 Posted by BattlefieldFan3 (361 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

You're talking as if there's a good powergap between the U and the Xbone when both of these machines are far closer to each other and last-gen consoles than they are to the PS4.

Xbone is a last-gen console power-wise. Consumers see this. Expect a SHARP Xbone sales decline.

LOL no. You cows are setting yourselves up for major self-ownage if you think the PS4 is actually that far ahead. Reality check. Its not.

Sharp sales decline because of weaker hardware? So the strength of the hardware determines how well a console sells? I guess the underpowered wii didn't win its generation? Oh wait it did. I guess the underpowered PS2 didn't win its generation? Oh wait it did.

All I see are tears dripping from your face onto your keyboard while I was reading your post.

I just told you. The PS4 is a TRUE next-gen console. It offers true next-gen graphics without having suffocating, narrow corridors, It fixes ALL the problems that last-gen consoles have. The Xbone is just Xbox 360 version 2 with worse download speeds, longass install times and last-gen graphics. Combine this with a $500 price-tag and you have yourself a recipe for disaster.

Consumers are going to see this and they will pick the PS4 over the Xbone.

What made the wii a viable candidate for a gamer was its motion control. It was a fad that has now died out.

The PS4 will win with a wide margin this gen and lemmings like you will cry all gen long. Prepare your anus.

#15 Posted by MdBrOtha04 (1824 posts) -

So it took Nintendo 7 months to achieve what the microsoft did in 2 with a more expensive console.

#16 Posted by Shewgenja (11841 posts) -

With all due respect, XBone is actually a PS3 mk II. Harder for developers to make games for. Tries to be an all-in-one system. People conveniently seem to be forgetting there was a $500 PS3 at launch. Painfully bad and slow operating system. Hell, I think the PS3 even launched with the same amount of games running at 1080p! LMFAO!!

The only difference is that the PS3 was still an adequate games machine compared to the competition. Good fucking luck getting this shared DDR3 behemoth to the finishing line, lems. Like, seriously.

#17 Posted by RR360DD (13147 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

All I see are tears dripping from your face onto your keyboard while I was reading your post.

I just told you. The PS4 is a TRUE next-gen console. It offers true next-gen graphics without having suffocating, narrow corridors, It fixes ALL the problems that last-gen consoles have. The Xbone is just Xbox 360 version 2 with worse download speeds, longass install times and last-gen graphics. Combine this with a $500 price-tag and you have yourself a recipe for disaster.

What made the wii a viable candidate for a gamer was its motion control. It was a fad that has now died out.

The PS4 will win with a wide margin this gen and lemmings like you will cry all gen long. Prepare your anus.

Except the Indiestation 4 has no games.

Gamers aren't going to keep buying the PS4 for a few crappy indie games. And they certainly aren't going to buy it for DelayClub.

#18 Posted by silversix_ (16878 posts) -

HAHAHA

#19 Edited by AugustEvans (119 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

You're talking as if there's a good difference between the U and the Xbone with the advantage going to the Xbone when both of these machines are far closer to each other and last-gen consoles than they are to the PS4.

Like the Wii U, the Xbone is a last-gen console power-wise. It doesn't stop there either. Xbone also has a slow, lagging OS that can't multitask well. XBL is trash with downloaded speeds SLOWER than PSN. Games still use P2P connection. Install times are multiple times WORSE than the PS3.

I'd even go so far as to say Nintendo's network is BETTER than XBL. What makes the Wii U a better console than the Xbone is that it is cheaper, has better first-party games, and has a better network while having a similar powerlevel.

Uhhhh. The X1 is a hell of a lot closer power wise to the PS4 than the wii u. Are you serious?

#20 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

SDC.

and the sad thing about this is that sales are starting to slow down judging from the mountains of Xbones stacked at Walmart and Bestbuy. Once Sony starts supplying enough PS4s to meet demand and they launch in Japan it's all over for Xbone.

#21 Edited by BattlefieldFan3 (361 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

Gamers aren't going to keep buying the PS4 for a few crappy indie games. And they certainly aren't going to buy it for DelayClub.

As someone who owned both consoles last-gen, you of all people should know the PS4 will end up with a far better exclusive library than the Xbone.

Microsoft's policy is to get exclusives for the first 2 years and leave you dry for the rest. It's a console for people with weakened inhibitions. Like desperate men having unprotected sex with an HIV-infected person knowingly without regard for what'll happen 4-10 years down the line.

#22 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

The Wii U has sold 3.06 million units as of December 31, 2012, Nintendo has announced as part of its third-quarter financial results.

Of this 3.06 million units, 1.32 million units were sold in the US, 830,000 units shifted in Japan, and 900,000 were sold across Europe.

Nintendo has also cut its Wii U hardware sales forecast for the year ending March 31, 2013 from 5.5 million to only 4 million units.

Regarding Wii U software, Nintendo's New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land sold 2.01 million and 2.33 million units, respectively. Worldwide sales of Wii U software is 11.69 million units, giving a software attach rate of around 4 games per Wii U console sold. These figures include packaged and downloadable versions.

The attach rates in each territory do, however, differ considerably. In Japan 1.48 million games were sold, meaning under two per Wii U console. In the US 6.4 million games were sold, meaning almost five games were sold per Wii U. Across Europe 3.82 million games were sold, giving an attach rate of over four per Wii U.

Through the nine-month period ended December 31, 2012, Nintendo has shipped 21.45 million hardware units and 126.57 million software units worldwide. Global unit sales, including lifetime totals, are as follows (millions of units):

Ouchies!

So yes, at this point it is a very real concern that XBone can go the way of the WiiU, still.

Come on, man. Seriously? This is about the most stupid thing you have ever posted. We saw the writing on the wall for the Wii-U judging by their gaming line-up for the year, their lack of online multiplayer games, and that the launch titles didn't sell and third party support dried up. For MS, coming out from E3 horror show and bad press for months, they've rebounded nicely and have a ton of features, apps, and most importantly big name games coming... the One is nothing like the Wii-U. Its silly to even try and compare them.

#23 Posted by BattlefieldFan3 (361 posts) -

@augustevans said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

Uhhhh. The X1 is a hell of a lot closer power wise to the PS4 than the wii u. Are you serious?

CoD and Titanfall struggling to run at 720p should tell you otherwise.

#24 Edited by TheEroica (14674 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@TheEroica said:

I think competition is great, but not with hardware and especially not with the high cost of game development these days. One dominant platform would be great for gamers and the industry right now. IMHO. Besides, someone should make room for Steambox.

I think the competition should be about what matters most, the games. As long as three hardware companies are healthy enough to do it again for another generation, that's all I could give a toss about when it comes to the systems. Let the actual game makers focus on a platform and really show their stuff. Last gen was utterly monstrously pathetic and it was because PS3 and 360 were even matched. Not to mention, a lot of studios had to close shop.

Thats all fine and there are aspects I can get with on what you said, but you're not thinking it through completely... Think of the Xbox One as it was presented at E3. The DRM, the restrictions the anit global gamer haze it was drenched in... now imagine it's your only choice in console gaming. No competition whatsoever outside of PC gaming. It's one thing to confidently say, Microsoft effed up and laugh your way down to gamestop to pick up a PS4, its quite another to realize that when left to a single companies vision, we are at the whim of their greed going forward...

In my dreams I turn on one machine that sits along side my tv... and it plays everything I ever wanted.... Then I wake up and realize that TWO OUT OF THREE companies in this fight just drafted detailed and specific plans to implement industry altering DRM policies into their console... one of which almost got away with it...

Standardize the hardware.... fine. Make it about the games and services.... fine but please for the love of god, don't hand the keys to the kingdom to one corporation.

#25 Edited by AugustEvans (119 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

As someone who owned both consoles last-gen, you of all people should know the PS4 will end up with a far better exclusive library than the Xbone.

Microsoft's policy is to get exclusives for the first 2 years and leave you dry for the rest. It's a console for people with weakened inhibitions. Like desperate men having unprotected sex with an HIV-infected person knowingly without regard for what'll happen 4-10 years down the line.

WOW you cows are really something else. First you say the X1 is closer to the wii u in power than than the ps4 which is factually false, now this? lol

#26 Posted by clone01 (25457 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@cainetao11 said:

Why would it matter to him? Or any of us for that matter, unless you're a shareholder.

#27 Posted by Shewgenja (11841 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@Shewgenja said:

@TheEroica said:

Thats all fine and there are aspects I can get with on what you said, but you're not thinking it through completely... Think of the Xbox One as it was presented at E3. The DRM, the restrictions the anit global gamer haze it was drenched in... now imagine it's your only choice in console gaming. No competition whatsoever outside of PC gaming. It's one thing to confidently say, Microsoft effed up and laugh your way down to gamestop to pick up a PS4, its quite another to realize that when left to a single companies vision, we are at the whim of their greed going forward...

In my dreams I turn on one machine that sits along side my tv... and it plays everything I ever wanted.... Then I wake up and realize that TWO OUT OF THREE companies in this fight just drafted detailed and specific plans to implement industry altering DRM policies into their console... one of which almost got away with it...

Standardize the hardware.... fine. Make it about the games and services.... fine but please for the love of god, don't hand the keys to the kingdom to one corporation.

Well, there is way too much money in gaming for that to ever happen. Oddly enough, Nintendo is the picture perfect example of what happens when the market is completely owned by one dominant name. I am, of course, referring to the 80's when Atari drove console gaming to the bring of utter annihilation. Nintendo got in the console market and set things right again.

Of course, we are nowhere in the same galaxy as that particular era. We even have a fourth major competitor coming into the fray. So, I definitely DEFINITELY understand that fear but it is unwarranted. If MS closed up shop tomorrow (with the XBox, of course, not their OSes and other businesses) it wouldn't even make a peep in the night. Atari went the way of the dinosaur. Sega has come and gone. CD-i, 3DO, and many more other smaller consoles have gone under but the games industry has only gotten stronger and bigger through the years.

I think, for the reason of the original design of the XBox One, we have seen exactly what MS is capable of and what their "end-game" or "vision" for the future of gaming is. If but for that one reason alone, they really do have to go. In turning around and running to cable television as a major feature of their console (Enough to warrant diverting precious production budget away from the gaming aspect of the machine itself), they have made themselves (if not gaming as a whole) a complete joke of itself. To keep them any further will only endanger us. After all, Playstation has already picked up the subscription online service model. I'd be lying to you if, perhaps, I entertained passing on PS5 for that reason alone.

#28 Edited by super600 (31242 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

The most sony will win by is 10-20 million and maybe more. I do not see the casuals getting a PS4 this gen so sony has to fight with ms over the market that bought both or any of the last gen HD consoles. MS will prevent sony from taking a massive piece of this market.And the xbox one is slightly weaker than the PS4 at the end of the day.

#29 Edited by leandrro (1053 posts) -

i dont have and do not want a ps4 but

x1 is a bad console

wii u is worse

x1 price drop now or die

#30 Edited by BattlefieldFan3 (361 posts) -

@super600 said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

The most sony will win by is 10-20 million and maybe more. I do not see the casuals getting a PS4 this gen so sony has to fight with ms over the market that bought both or any of the last gen HD consoles. MS will prevent sony from taking a massive piece of this market.And the xbox one is slightly weaker than the PS4 at the end of the day.

Perhaps you would like to wager your mod status for that claim?

#31 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@super600 said:

You basically said nothing. "10-20 million and maybe more" :P WTH does that even mean?

#32 Posted by Tlgersuperman (88 posts) -

The forums sure are. Different...

#33 Posted by cainetao11 (20772 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@cainetao11 said:

It had its ass, and whole body handed to it by the PS2, which I owned and enjoyed. I'm sorry your psych analysis isn't going to be your bread winner, guy. I am American, like my Windows, and phone, and their consoles, but I still buy and play others. I wont slurp on the corporate pole like you folks and believe I am personally cared for by any of them.

#34 Posted by cainetao11 (20772 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@cainetao11 said:

Why would it matter to him? Or any of us for that matter, unless you're a shareholder.

Funny because I do have a few ADRs of Sony corp. It bothers some clone01, that I can really root for all of them, and lean a little left.

#35 Edited by super600 (31242 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@super600 said:

You basically said nothing. "10-20 million and maybe more" :P WTH does that even mean?

The difference between both consoles may end up being more than 20 million in terms of LTD,bu I'm not 100% sure if this will happen unless the PS4 sellls like crazy in Japan.The PS4 will sell as well as the PS3 in Japan.

#36 Posted by Speak_Low (1291 posts) -

What was Xbox One total numbers again through December 2013?

#37 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

ps4 is the runaway train.

#38 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@super600 said:

Perhaps you would like to wager your mod status for that claim?

#39 Posted by TheEroica (14674 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@TheEroica said:

@Shewgenja said:

@TheEroica said:

Well, there is way too much money in gaming for that to ever happen. Oddly enough, Nintendo is the picture perfect example of what happens when the market is completely owned by one dominant name. I am, of course, referring to the 80's when Atari drove console gaming to the bring of utter annihilation. Nintendo got in the console market and set things right again.

Of course, we are nowhere in the same galaxy as that particular era. We even have a fourth major competitor coming into the fray. So, I definitely DEFINITELY understand that fear but it is unwarranted. If MS closed up shop tomorrow (with the XBox, of course, not their OSes and other businesses) it wouldn't even make a peep in the night. Atari went the way of the dinosaur. Sega has come and gone. CD-i, 3DO, and many more other smaller consoles have gone under but the games industry has only gotten stronger and bigger through the years.

I think, for the reason of the original design of the XBox One, we have seen exactly what MS is capable of and what their "end-game" or "vision" for the future of gaming is. If but for that one reason alone, they really do have to go. In turning around and running to cable television as a major feature of their console (Enough to warrant diverting precious production budget away from the gaming aspect of the machine itself), they have made themselves (if not gaming as a whole) a complete joke of itself. To keep them any further will only endanger us. After all, Playstation has already picked up the subscription online service model. I'd be lying to you if, perhaps, I entertained passing on PS5 for that reason alone.

I agree with all of that, we probably have similar perspectives over this given we watched it from it's roots... and while I don't share in the idea that I'd be confident in an all sony future, I will say they made a greater argument than MS did this go around... Still, no one can sustain stupid business... Consumers will continue to vote with their wallet and it will reflect in the industry.... Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo will feel the weight of poor decision making and not lining themselves with their customers wishes. Sony was wise to bury their plans for industry crushing DRM and Microsoft was a little more brave with their stupidity... but make no mistake, both companies were beginning that great big bear hug of greedy corporate slimery... Nintendo's sales reflect a poorly managed console, as do the vita's all but completely absent marketing...

A healthy future is one that allows for companies to take chances... for us to spend our money on the ideas we like and crush out the ones we don't...

#40 Posted by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

Uh, no proof in thread, and people thinking 1.2 million is a large gap.

#41 Edited by EG101 (934 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Ouchies!

The 3 million Xbox Ones sold were sold thru to CONSUMERS as MS already announced while the Wii U's number is sold to RETAIL.

#42 Posted by Shewgenja (11841 posts) -

@EG101 said:

The 3 million Xbox Ones sold were sold thru to CONSUMERS as MS already announced while the Wii U's number is sold to RETAIL.

Have a source for that claim?

#43 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@RR360DD said:

Try harder.

I hope you are trolling and don't really believe that. If so, god help us, for this is our future.

#44 Posted by nutcrackr (12908 posts) -

Xbone won't do as bad as the wii u because third parties love the bro box.

#45 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43354 posts) -

The obsession with sales this generation with the bovine reminds me of the old days in SW with the sheep and the Wii sales.

#46 Posted by clone01 (25457 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

The obsession with sales this generation with the bovine reminds me of the old days in SW with the sheep and the Wii sales.

I hate sales threads. Soooo pointless.

#47 Posted by EG101 (934 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@EG101 said:

Have a source for that claim?

It is really simple. All sold numbers are sold to retail unless specifically stated by MS/Sony/Nintendo. This has been standard practice since Sony started doing this during the PS2 era.

"Together, we ushered in a new era of games and entertainment with Xbox One. Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013.

"It's been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November."

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/microsoft-s-mind-is-blown-by-xbox-one-demand-with-3-million-sold-in-2013-1212694

Both consoles are doing well. You guys should be happy Sony is doing well because another PS3 like blunder would have sank Sony. Instead of trashing the Xbox1 be happy Sony will be around to take your money.

Competition is not only good for consumers It is a MUST in order to breed creativity. Companies would stop taking chances if they had no competition. There would be no incentive for them to risk losing money if the sales base is guaranteed. With competition Sony, MS and Nintendo have to innovate to find the next big thing. It is good that all 3 consoles are different. Why would anyone want 3 identical experiences?? This is the 1st Gen where all 3 experiences are different enough where buying all 3 actually makes sense.

#48 Posted by regnaston (310 posts) -

Both the PS4 and XB1 will succeed in their respective bases. As for the sales numbers as of the end of 2013 we have to remember a few things

1. PS4 was available in many more markets

2. Both consoles had supply problems

3. Even though the PS4 outsold the XB1 by 1.2 million units, Sony makes approx $18 per unit profit whereas Microsoft makes $28 profit per unit. In real $ that means that Microsoft made 9 million dollars more than Sony (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/12/21/ps4-vs-xbox-one-3-key-takeaways-from-1-month-of-sa.aspx)

4. Some reports say that the PS4 has sold more games, others say the Xbox One has .. this list shows that the PS4 sold better in some and the XB1 sold better for others

*The order of the platform in parenthesis signifies which version sold best in descending order.

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC)*
  2. Battlefield 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC)
  3. Just Dance 2014 (Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, PS3, PS4)
  4. Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)
  5. NBA 2K14 (Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
  6. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC
  7. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360, PS3)
  8. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, Vita, PC)
  9. FIFA 14 (Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
  10. Skylanders: Swap Force (Wii, 360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4)
    *The order of the platform in parenthesis signifies which version sold best in descending order.
#49 Edited by kuu2 (8162 posts) -

Moogenja with another 'I am not a Cow' thread. Still trying to understand where the WiiPew outsold The One? Oh well back to laughing at the Cows who paid $400 for Resogun.

#50 Edited by BattlefieldFan3 (361 posts) -

@regnaston said:

Both the PS4 and XB1 will succeed in their respective bases. As for the sales numbers as of the end of 2013 we have to remember a few things

1. PS4 was available in many more markets

2. Both consoles had supply problems

3. Even though the PS4 outsold the XB1 by 1.2 million units, Sony makes approx $18 per unit profit whereas Microsoft makes $28 profit per unit. In real $ that means that Microsoft made 9 million dollars more than Sony (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/12/21/ps4-vs-xbox-one-3-key-takeaways-from-1-month-of-sa.aspx)

4. Some reports say that the PS4 has sold more games, others say the Xbox One has .. this list shows that the PS4 sold better in some and the XB1 sold better for others

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC)*
  2. Battlefield 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC)
  3. Just Dance 2014 (Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, PS3, PS4)
  4. Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)
  5. NBA 2K14 (Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
  6. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC
  7. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360, PS3)
  8. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, Vita, PC)
  9. FIFA 14 (Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
  10. Skylanders: Swap Force (Wii, 360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4)

1. Dumb excuse. If SONY allocated all their units to the same 13 countries that MS was serving, they'd still have sold only 4.2 million as that is how many they produced. You can't sell what's not available. This is not the same as Microsoft's situation, as there are plenty of unsold Xbones collecting dust in warehouses all over NA and EU. Furthermore, the majority of those 50+ countries that SONY was selling PS4s at have a very, very small Xbox presence, which is why Microsoft decided NOT to sell in those countries at launch. Redistributing the unsold Xbones in NA and EU to those markets wouldn't have budged the 3 million figure. Xbone sales would be 0 in those markets.

2. Only the PS4 has supply problems. Xbone has a demand problem.

3. Congrats? You're happy that Microsoft is ripping you off?

4. Those are US figures. Estimates place the USA PS4 and Xbone sales on par. Latest figures are at 75k each in the US per week. That is a GIANT loss of MS, who sold 2x as many 360s and PS3 in the USA last-gen.