WIiU is more powerful than 360/Ps3

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by silversix_ (14085 posts) -
So are you telling me that wiiu is more powerful than a 7 years old system? my god that's an achievement!
#52 Posted by IFBB-PRO (211 posts) -
Wii u specs are completely under powered for a console that's supposed to last on the market for 6-8 years until new Nintendo console arrives. Anyone with common sense sees that by middle if next gen wii u will be lef in the dust with Nintendo only relying on its own first party games. I grew up on Mario games but now that I am Alot older just Mario game remakes are not enough for me to buy Nintendo. I need more mature new games as well with combo of older remakes. That's how a lot of mature gamers feel at my work as well. I remember so many of my co workers left n middle of work the minute they knew wii was available in stock.everyone I knew had wii but after nothing more then same remakes and kiddy games I don't know not one adult over 30 who is willing to go and buy wii u. They learned their lesson with original wii. That attitude really does explain wii u low sale numbers specially when there is no shortages of it like it was with 360 and ps3.
#53 Posted by rockydog1111 (2072 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]I think everybody knows this. Of course just the fact that for some poeple it's even questionable is what is pathetic about the Wii-U system. A real next gen system should be plainly and obviously better. What the hell kind of benchmark in 2013 is it to be "more powerful than 360ps3"? That's just pathetic. Juice_24

When all multipltforms look worst or way worst than xbox 360, anyone would assume WiiU is weaker than xbox 360

And it probably is

So by your logic, tony hawk 360 looks = or worse than x-box? = x-box is more powerful?

That doesn't work because while gun and th were hd ports, 360 had games like kameo and pd0 which looked much better than anything from the previous gen. I am not calling the wii u weak though, i'm just saying that unlike the other 2 consoles at launch, the wii u games generally look or perform worse than their counterparts, and no released games look better than previous gen games.

#54 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="Juice_24"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

When all multipltforms look worst or way worst than xbox 360, anyone would assume WiiU is weaker than xbox 360

And it probably is

rockydog1111

So by your logic, tony hawk 360 looks = or worse than x-box? = x-box is more powerful?

That doesn't work because while gun and th were hd ports, 360 had games like kameo and pd0 which looked much better than anything from the previous gen. I am not calling the wii u weak though, i'm just saying that unlike the other 2 consoles at launch, the wii u games generally look or perform worse than their counterparts, and no released games look better than previous gen games.

Trine 2 looks better. The developers of Trine 2 don't think the Expansion pack that shipped with the Wii U version of the game will even work on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Link

The Wii U is capable of displaying Trine 2 expansion Goblin Menace with the graphics as intended, something developer Frozenbyte believes isn't possible on Xbox 360 and PS3.

#55 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

3DS was more powerful than PSP when it launched. That doesn't mean it wasn't ridiculously underpowered, as was proven when Vita launched. This is the same thing. As soon as the nextbox and PS4 launch they'll make the Wii U look laughable. Slightly more powerful than consoles that came out 6-7 years ago is nothing to shout about. Or maybe it is for sheep....

#56 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -

3DS was more powerful than PSP when it launched. That doesn't mean it wasn't ridiculously underpowered, as was proven when Vita launched. burgeg

Yep and that is with 3ds having the same launch price. Their home consoles being lower in price than the competition, we have even lower expectations from nintendo.

#57 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

-37f.gif

#58 Posted by Heil68 (43508 posts) -

2 month old console is more powerful than 6 year old consoles. Congratulations :roll:

Fossil-
And the games don't look any better...Lollz
#59 Posted by super600 (30325 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fossil-"]

2 month old console is more powerful than 6 year old consoles. Congratulations :roll:

Heil68

And the games don't look any better...Lollz

A dev mentioned how a game another dev was making was ported to the console with the dev's vision intact.The game would probably be a downgrade visually.The game is probably Star Wars 1313 or Watch dogs according to some people.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44383550&postcount=1131

#60 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

No1 is saying its not more powerful, It is but not by much. Fact is by the end of this year the Wii U will already be 7 years outdated. If they didn't waste money on that stupid gimmick controller the extra dosh would of been used on hardware. That tablet controller probabley costs them $100 which could of been used for a 1080p graphics card. It would also help keep up with next gen consoles.

#61 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6154 posts) -

Only blind fanboys can't accept that the WiiU is the strongest console on the market now. Sure the games don't show the full potential like never in the beginning of a consoles life

#62 Posted by Audacitron (915 posts) -

Only blind fanboys can't accept that the WiiU is the strongest console on the market now. Sure the games don't show the full potential like never in the beginning of a consoles life

ArchoNils2

the fact that it's even disputable is pathetic.

They should've had at least 1 launch game that demonstrated this beyond all doubt and left no room for debate.

They have yet to do this.

#63 Posted by super600 (30325 posts) -

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

Audacitron

They should've had at least 1 launch game that demonstrated this beyond all doubt and left no room for debate.

Don't worry the graphically impressive games for the console will eventually come. The console from what I heard is rather efficient in terms of power and heat.Retro is building a engine that makes it easier to develop games for the console.

#64 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

[QUOTE="Audacitron"]

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

super600

Don't worry the graphically impressive games for the console will eventually come. The console from what I heard is rather efficient in terms of power and heat.

They'll come well after the PS4 and 720 are out, and they won't look anywhere near as good as the games for those consoles. Meaning they won't be graphically impressive at all at that time.

#65 Posted by Silenthps (7275 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Audacitron"]

burgeg

Don't worry the graphically impressive games for the console will eventually come. The console from what I heard is rather efficient in terms of power and heat.

They'll come well after the PS4 and 720 are out, and they won't look anywhere near as good as the games for those consoles. Meaning they won't be graphically impressive at all at that time.

Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 were graphically impressive when they came out. Even Twilight Princess was.
#66 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

Silenthps

Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 were graphically impressive when they came out. Even Twilight Princess was.

Lol. Graphically impressive FOR THE Wii! They were by no means graphically impressive by the standards of the 360 and the PS3.

#67 Posted by super600 (30325 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Audacitron"]

burgeg

Ninty will probably show one graphically impressive game in a couple of months.

#68 Posted by BranKetra (48194 posts) -
I would expect the current gen to be superior to the previous one in some shape or form.
#69 Posted by nini200 (9615 posts) -
So what's the Wii Us excuse for AC looking like &^%$ on it when compared to PS3 and 360?Shielder7
Oh you mean like Batman looks? Oh wait...
#70 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

The Wonderful 101 looks real good, not Nintendo though, but still.

#71 Posted by super600 (30325 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="burgeg"]They'll come well after the PS4 and 720 are out, and they won't look anywhere near as good as the games for those consoles. Meaning they won't be graphically impressive at all at that time.

crimsonman1245

That game looks pretty good graphically from what I heard.

#72 Posted by locopatho (20186 posts) -
Yawn. Keep jerking off to a spec sheet. I'll care when a WiiU game looks better then Gears/Halo/Forza/Crysis/Far Cry/Red Ded/Uncharted/God of War/Gran Turismo
#73 Posted by locopatho (20186 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shielder7"]So what's the Wii Us excuse for AC looking like &^%$ on it when compared to PS3 and 360?nini200

Batman is bad on WiiU too. Face it, multiplats have been sh!t on Nintendo for over a decade. This is from Eurogamers head to head comparison: "However, what we have here is a disappointing current-gen port with some bundled DLC and some interesting - if not totally convincing - touch-screen upgrades. The overall takeaway is that the Wii U version of this classic title is unpolished and less enjoyable to play than Rocksteady's original. On top of the variable frame-rate, we were also disappointed to see the odd moment of more noticeable LOD popping and jerky FMV sequences suggesting that this version has some streaming issues. Unreal Engine titles background load data concurrently with streaming video, and you can hear the drive head zooming about, almost as if it is struggling to maintain both tasks - the halting playback adds further to the impression that this is a rougher, jerkier, more lacklustre rendition of the original. It's Arkham City, and by default a good game, but the basic reality is that we'd take any of the older - and now cheaper - versions of this excellent title ahead of the underwhelming Wii U port." http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-wii-u-face-off
#74 Posted by locopatho (20186 posts) -

[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="burgeg"]They'll come well after the PS4 and 720 are out, and they won't look anywhere near as good as the games for those consoles. Meaning they won't be graphically impressive at all at that time.

burgeg

Lol. Graphically impressive FOR THE Wii! They were by no means graphically impressive by the standards of the 360 and the PS3.

Ya, Kameo (2005 Xbox 360 launch game) looks better then anything Nintendo have ever released on thier consoles. Sad.
#75 Posted by Chozofication (2765 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"] Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 were graphically impressive when they came out. Even Twilight Princess was. locopatho

Ya, Kameo (2005 Xbox 360 launch game) looks better then anything Nintendo have ever released on thier consoles. Sad.

Looking better and processing more are two completely different things. Kameo looks like **** (and is ****) it's completely inconsistent and hideously oversaturated and like a lot of games on Xbox 360 at that time it really abused specular shading (shine jelly).

#76 Posted by Maneil99 (823 posts) -

Just compare 360 and PS3 launch games to Wii U launch games/ thread. I have them all and its easy to see that the Wii U is more powerful but I wanna see some OMG games soon.....

xOMGITSJASONx

Why would you compare launch titles from the xbox with the wii u, did anyone compare launch titles of the ps2 with the ps3? No.

#77 Posted by super600 (30325 posts) -

Yawn. Keep jerking off to a spec sheet. I'll care when a WiiU game looks better then Gears/Halo/Forza/Crysis/Far Cry/Red Ded/Uncharted/God of War/Gran Turismolocopatho

Actually the spec sheet doesn't show the true story of the console's power.:P

And I do think a couple of WiiU games already look better then Gran Turismo 5.:lol:

The WiiU will produce games better then those games soon anyway.Maybe in the next year or so.

#78 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="burgeg"]They'll come well after the PS4 and 720 are out, and they won't look anywhere near as good as the games for those consoles. Meaning they won't be graphically impressive at all at that time.

crimsonman1245

It is published by Nintendo and I think they own the IP.

#79 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shielder7"]So what's the Wii Us excuse for AC looking like &^%$ on it when compared to PS3 and 360?nini200

There's Trine 2.
#80 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

That this might even be debateable is ridiculous. Over half a decade after the HD twins and it needs to be systematically proved the Wii U is more powerful. smh

#81 Posted by Silenthps (7275 posts) -

[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="burgeg"]They'll come well after the PS4 and 720 are out, and they won't look anywhere near as good as the games for those consoles. Meaning they won't be graphically impressive at all at that time.

burgeg

SMG looked better than a lot of 360 games when it released. It's graphics looked great relative to its time and it still looks great today. Saying it's not graphically impressive is like saying any PS3/360 game Post-Crysis doesn't look graphically impressive as well.

...Although you may have a point, no PS3/360 game did look graphically impressive Post-Crysis :lol:

#82 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

That this might even be debateable is ridiculous. Over half a decade after the HD twins and it needs to be systematically proved the Wii U is more powerful. smh

whiskeystrike
systematically? Wii U wins Trine 2.
#83 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

PS3

ibxOhYWSLywJg0.jpg

WiiU

nintendo_land_vga-640x364.jpg

.... WiiU: a joke system for Nintendo's clown fanboys.

#84 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

Who cares how strong it is compared to the 360 and PS3 how strong it is next to to the ps4 and 720 is what matters if the rumored specs are true it gets destroyed by them. It will be another wii and Nintendo will once again miss out on crucial third party support one devlopers move to making games targeting the ps4 and 720.

DJ_Headshot
With 8th console generation, Wii U has comparable GPU features to PS4 and 720. The difference would be similar to Radeon HD 7550M/7570M vs Radeon HD 7850/7870/7970M/8850/8870 instead of Radeon 7500 (non-HD) vs Radeon HD 4650.
#85 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Yawn. Keep jerking off to a spec sheet. I'll care when a WiiU game looks better then Gears/Halo/Forza/Crysis/Far Cry/Red Ded/Uncharted/God of War/Gran Turismosuper600

Actually the spec sheet doesn't show the true story of the console's power.:P

And I do think a couple of WiiU games already look better then Gran Turismo 5.:lol:

The WiiU will produce games better then those games soon anyway.Maybe in the next year or so.

It depends on the spec sheet i.e. NDA version vs public.
#86 Posted by AM-Gamer (3597 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

ronvalencia

Yet losses

AC 3 and Arkham City.

#87 Posted by Silenthps (7275 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

AM-Gamer

Yet losses

AC 3 and Arkham City.

The difference is though, that the WiiU version of Trine2 is a version that the developers said outright, couldn't be done on the PS3/360 cause they couldn't handle some of the effects. Whereas AC3 and AC is most likely due to laziness and deadlines.
#88 Posted by super600 (30325 posts) -

PS3

WiiU

nintendo_land_vga-640x364.jpg

.... WiiU: a joke system for Nintendo's clown fanboys.

Pray_to_me

Nintendo land looks pretty good from what I saw graphically.

#89 Posted by faizan_faizan (7849 posts) -
So what's the Wii Us excuse for AC looking like &^%$ on it when compared to PS3 and 360?Shielder7
Looks the same, But runs even more worse than PS3/X360 Wii U is a complete failure in performance just like the Wii was, Wii U is for those Mario, Zelda lovers.