Wiis succes in Japan will fall short

This topic is locked from further discussion.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
So far as we all know the Wii is leading the PS3 in sales in Japan.A main part of this is Wii Sports and Wii Play which are always on the top 10 games list in Japan. But during the Fastimu top 20 most wanted list the PS3 had 3 times as much games as the Wii. I know some of you will disagree but I think the Wii Sports/Play treand will end in a while and the PS3 will gain its streanth back
EditEdit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EditEdit
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts
For now.
CoolDude34519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 CoolDude34519
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts
So far as we all know the Wii is leading the PS3 in sales in Japan.A main part of this is Wii Sports and Wii Play which are always on the top 10 games list in Japan. But during the Fastimu top 20 most wanted list the PS3 had 3 times as much games as the Wii. I know some of you will disagree but I think the Wii Sports/Play treand will end in a while and the PS3 will gain its streanth backpoopinloop32

So you're saying....the PS3 is leading in Japan because of the Wii. x] I just had to point that out. Oh, and I didn't know that. (I'm just being a smartass, ignore me x]).

Okay, back to the topic. I honestly don't understand why the PS3 is not doing well in Japan. While it's array of games isn't exactly stellar, I still think it's a pretty good machine especially since some stores actually mark the prices down on the PS3 systems.
EditEdit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EditEdit
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]So far as we all know the Wii is leading the PS3 in sales in Japan.A main part of this is Wii Sports and Wii Play which are always on the top 10 games list in Japan. But during the Fastimu top 20 most wanted list the PS3 had 3 times as much games as the Wii. I know some of you will disagree but I think the Wii Sports/Play treand will end in a while and the PS3 will gain its streanth backCoolDude34519

So you're saying....the PS3 is leading in Japan because of the Wii. x] I just had to point that out. Oh, and I didn't know that. (I'm just being a smartass, ignore me x]).

Okay, back to the topic. I honestly don't understand why the PS3 is not doing well in Japan. While it's array of games isn't exactly stellar, I still think it's a pretty good machine especially since some stores actually mark the prices down on the PS3 systems.

No Final Fantasy. No Metal Gear Solid.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
It had better happen fast for the PS3. You can't live on hype for too long. Sony needs a real user base. What happens if the PS3 games end up on the 360?
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

see the name why did i even click on the his link

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 poopinloop32

see the name why did i even click on the his link

wavebrid

thanks for contributing to the thread

nacademy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nacademy
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts

Sure you can live on hype for a long time, it works for Final Fantasy.  It took like 4 years for FFXII to come out and it's just as good as they made it sound, despite what anybody says.  (some people don't like change)

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
[QUOTE="CoolDude34519"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]So far as we all know the Wii is leading the PS3 in sales in Japan.A main part of this is Wii Sports and Wii Play which are always on the top 10 games list in Japan. But during the Fastimu top 20 most wanted list the PS3 had 3 times as much games as the Wii. I know some of you will disagree but I think the Wii Sports/Play treand will end in a while and the PS3 will gain its streanth backEditEdit

PS3 only has Final Fantasy. PS3 only has Metal Gear Solid.
books83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 books83
Member since 2005 • 3733 Posts

I will point this out. Metal Gear PO failed to stay up on the charts that long it is possible that MGS 4 might meet the same fate. Look at Final Fantasy for the DS it did ok for awhile. It was only the second third party game to break a million for the DS in Japan.

The games that are pushing the market are not hard core games. They are not the type of games that get voted on in a magizine like Famitsu.

EditEdit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EditEdit
[QUOTE="EditEdit"][QUOTE="CoolDude34519"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]So far as we all know the Wii is leading the PS3 in sales in Japan.A main part of this is Wii Sports and Wii Play which are always on the top 10 games list in Japan. But during the Fastimu top 20 most wanted list the PS3 had 3 times as much games as the Wii. I know some of you will disagree but I think the Wii Sports/Play treand will end in a while and the PS3 will gain its streanth backLilac_Benjie

PS3 only has Final Fantasy. PS3 only has Metal Gear Solid.

Well what was there to buy at the JP launch........... A whole bunch of nothing.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 poopinloop32

I will point this out. Metal Gear PO failed to stay up on the charts that long it is possible that MGS 4 might meet the same fate. Look at Final Fantasy for the DS it did ok for awhile. It was only the second third party game to break a million for the DS in Japan.

The games that are pushing the market are not hard core games. They are not the type of games that get voted on in a magizine like Famitsu.

books83
the Famitsu sales liest counts a lot..Last gen the PS2 dominated the charts and they won Japan
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
lmao@him thinking based on most wanted games, that the ps3 will do well. you have to keep in mind that these games shift all the time. then you have to keep in mind that famitsu readers dont make up the majority of japan population.
books83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 books83
[QUOTE="books83"]

poopinloop32

the Famitsu sales liest counts a lot..Last gen the PS2 dominated the charts and they won Japan

And this gen the DS is dominating the charts with games like Brain Age and Common Sense traing.

Avatar image for Captain_Lorelli
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Captain_Lorelli
Member since 2004 • 1078 Posts

So far as we all know the Wii is leading the PS3 in sales in Japan.A main part of this is Wii Sports and Wii Play which are always on the top 10 games list in Japan. But during the Fastimu top 20 most wanted list the PS3 had 3 times as much games as the Wii. I know some of you will disagree but I think the Wii Sports/Play treand will end in a while and the PS3 will gain its streanth backpoopinloop32

Its really hard to take a post seriously when the poster doesn't spell check it....

I'm amazed that a poll in a Japanese Magazine is your crystal ball in calculating the future of game sales.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 poopinloop32

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]So far as we all know the Wii is leading the PS3 in sales in Japan.A main part of this is Wii Sports and Wii Play which are always on the top 10 games list in Japan. But during the Fastimu top 20 most wanted list the PS3 had 3 times as much games as the Wii. I know some of you will disagree but I think the Wii Sports/Play treand will end in a while and the PS3 will gain its streanth backCaptain_Lorelli

Its really hard to take a post seriously when the poster doesn't spell check it....

I'm amazed that a poll in a Japanese Magazine is your crystal ball in calculating the future of game sales.

Like ive said Fatismu counts a lot...this gen the DS had most game on the list and it won while last gen the PS2 had more games and it won
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Look at the top selling games for the DS, the fastest selling platform in the world right now. There's Brain Age, Nintendogs, NSMB, and Animal Crossing. NSMB is the only one of those with a shot at being on the most wanted list. Brain Age? Nintendogs? Animal Crossing? Those would never make it on the list. The Famitsu list is not a good gauge of future sales for games or systems. It's merely judging the hype level amongst a small section of hardcore gamers in Japan. That's it.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 poopinloop32
lmao@him thinking based on most wanted games, that the ps3 will do well. you have to keep in mind that these games shift all the time. then you have to keep in mind that famitsu readers dont make up the majority of japan population. Rahnyc4
then my good sir..why dont you think the PS3 will catch up in sales
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]lmao@him thinking based on most wanted games, that the ps3 will do well. you have to keep in mind that these games shift all the time. then you have to keep in mind that famitsu readers dont make up the majority of japan population. poopinloop32
then my good sir..why dont you think the PS3 will catch up in sales

I'm guessing because not many people are buying it.
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
Do you think the people that are driving Wii sales and are playing Wii Sports and Wii Play are the same type of people whose gaming interest fall in line with Famitsu's interest? Obviously not, so why is a list published in Famitsu going to determine the success of the Wii. I doubt that Wii sports or Wii play were on any past Famitsu most wanted list and yet like you say these games are always in the top 10.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]So far as we all know the Wii is leading the PS3 in sales in Japan.A main part of this is Wii Sports and Wii Play which are always on the top 10 games list in Japan. But during the Fastimu top 20 most wanted list the PS3 had 3 times as much games as the Wii. I know some of you will disagree but I think the Wii Sports/Play treand will end in a while and the PS3 will gain its streanth backZerostatic0
Do you think the people that are driving Wii sales and are playing Wii Sports and Wii Play are the same type of people whose gaming interest fall in line with Famitsu's interest? Obviously not, so why is a list published in Famitsu going to determine the success of the Wii. I doubt that Wii sports or Wii play were on any past Famitsu most wanted list and yet like you say these games are always in the top 10.

check the sales chart in Japan an you will find them
books83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 books83

[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]So far as we all know the Wii is leading the PS3 in sales in Japan.A main part of this is Wii Sports and Wii Play which are always on the top 10 games list in Japan. But during the Fastimu top 20 most wanted list the PS3 had 3 times as much games as the Wii. I know some of you will disagree but I think the Wii Sports/Play treand will end in a while and the PS3 will gain its streanth backpoopinloop32

Yes and they only show up on the charts for a week or two and then they gone from the top 10.Where as there are atleast 5 DS games  that called the top 10 home for a several months.

Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]So far as we all know the Wii is leading the PS3 in sales in Japan.A main part of this is Wii Sports and Wii Play which are always on the top 10 games list in Japan. But during the Fastimu top 20 most wanted list the PS3 had 3 times as much games as the Wii. I know some of you will disagree but I think the Wii Sports/Play treand will end in a while and the PS3 will gain its streanth backpoopinloop32

please re-read my post, and no don't just read the words, try and comprehend what I am saying.