Wii-Fit a nuclear sales explosion!

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ng1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ng1234
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts

Wiifit will be worshipped by alot of overweight people... I can allready see it being praised in Shows like Opera and Dr Phill. I have a strong feeling sales will exceed over a million every month when that thing is released.

Stop hating on the non-gamers... Nintendo is doing a great thing. Wii-Fit will help those people to get a better and healthier life. In a Fun way that is.

mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts
i'm sorry but it's called a gym, that's where you should be getting your exercising and conditioning, OUTDOORS as well, not on a gaming console, I didnt buy a gaming console to get in shape.
drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 drewtwo99
Member since 2005 • 9156 Posts
I'm a hardcore gamer, and I'm going to buy it ^_^
raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts

ill curl up in a corner and cry if wii fit sells that well

gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts

Wiifit will be worshipped by alot of overweight people... I can allready see it being praised in Shows like Opera and Dr Phill. I have a strong feeling sales will exceed over a million every month when that thing is released.

Stop hating on the non-gamers... Nintendo is doing a great thing. Wii-Fit will help those people to get a better and healthier life. In a Fun way that is.

ng1234

No no no no no no mo mo mo

Mo?

And gamers? Seriously people arn't willing to shell out that much money to buy it and those multiplayer games will take to many strange borads. And those folks at nintendo could make a game like super mario galaxy instead.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

I always thought you played games of things your normally couldnt do in real life >_> stuff like RPGs, FPS, RTS, Puzzle, etc...

People these days, lazy, lazy lazy.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
just go to a gym if u wanna lose weight.......:?
Avatar image for TheForgotten0ne
TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheForgotten0ne
Member since 2007 • 3759 Posts
i'm sorry but it's called a gym, that's where you should be getting your exercising and conditioning, OUTDOORS as well, not on a gaming console, I didnt buy a gaming console to get in shape.mmirza23
Well you didn't, but think about it! People do buy videos with how to get in shape, why not Wii-Fit, and i can also se Opera telling how good it is. I'm now sheep, i'm a cow and i also belive the sales for Wii will go sky high! Think, the parents see this great thing for them and buys the console for the family!
beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

some fat people are to embarassed to goto gym so to get fit in the privicy of there own home is a god send to some peeps.

Ill be buyin as the game looks fun and makes a nice change to the sort of games we all play these days on consoles/pc

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Wii Fit is going to pretty damn cool.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
The weird thing is, you're right. I can gaurantee the first time my Mom sees a Wii Fit comercial, she's going to say "We've got a Wii, lets get that." Nintendo will never stop the sales trend they've been on, just on Thanksgiving I had relatives over and I brought my Wii out for my nieces and nephews to play and it was automatically an instant hit, and then I was astonished when my grandmother comes out and says, "This is fun, I think I need to get one for myself." I was just like, God damn, Nintendoyou are freaking geniuses.
Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts
Most fat people won't go to the gym, lifting trash is boring as hell. If this can make them exercise and have fun at the same time I can't see how this is a bad thing...
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gigabrowser12

I always thought you played games of things your normally couldnt do in real life >_> stuff like RPGs, FPS, RTS, Puzzle, etc...

TalesofRaGnArOk
You win
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
Over weight people tend to not like exercise in any fasion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Wii Fit has already generated more media attention and FREE positive publicity from the general mainstream media than ANY video game in the last 20 years.

If you don't like Wii-fit than dont buy it. But it's a wonderful product that can HELP millions of people.

I simply don't understand the hate and venom that this is recieving. This is a niche product garnered for a COMPLETELY different audience than those who play GEARS of WAR, or Grand Theft Auto. What is so wrong and evil about a company putting out a product taht is going to have a positive impact on an individuals life, health and well-being, than ANOTHER run of the mill shooter were you sit on the coach, and kill aliens at the press of a button?

gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gigabrowser12

some fat people are to embarassed to goto gym so to get fit in the privicy of there own home is a god send to some peeps.

Ill be buyin as the game looks fun and makes a nice change to the sort of games we all play these days on consoles/pc

beerm_basic
How about weights?
ng1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ng1234

Going to the Gym is obviously not as fun as losing weight in a FUN way.

mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mmirza23

Wii Fit has already generated more media attention and FREE positive publicity from the general mainstream media than ANY video game in the last 20 years.

If you don't like Wii-fit than dont buy it. But it's a wonderful product that can HELP millions of people.

I simply don't understand the hate and venom that this is recieving. This is a niche product garnered for a COMPLETELY different audience than those who play GEARS of WAR, or Grand Theft Auto. What is so wrong and evil about a company putting out a product taht is going to have a positive impact on an individuals life, health and well-being, than ANOTHER run of the mill shooter were you sit on the coach, and kill aliens at the press of a button?

Nuck81
like i said if i'm going to spend money on a wii just for wii fit i'd rather spend that 300 dollars on joining a gym, it would be a lotmore efficient than wii fit, gaming consoles are for gaming not exercise, what if we took a gym and started putting video games in it, that kinda wouldn't make sense would it?
mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mmirza23

Nuck81
like i said if i'm going to spend money on a wii just for wii fit i'd rather spend that 300 dollars on joining a gym, it would be a lotmore efficient than wii fit, gaming consoles are for gaming not exercise, what if we took a gym and started putting video games in it, that kinda wouldn't make sense would it?this wii-fit is no better than those taebo videos or pilates video gimmicks, fact is if you wanna be healthyyou have to do it the hard way, there are no shortcuts(aside from surgery and expensive drugs)
beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts
[QUOTE="beerm_basic"]

gigabrowser12

How about weights?

good point :x

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I'm interested in seeing Wii-Fit actually giving someone an actual workout. It definitely isn't like lifting and I am not sure how much activity it gets you doing...
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gigabrowser12
[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

mmirza23
like i said if i'm going to spend money on a wii just for wii fit i'd rather spend that 300 dollars on joining a gym, it would be a lotmore efficient than wii fit, gaming consoles are for gaming not exercise, what if we took a gym and started putting video games in it, that kinda wouldn't make sense would it?

I went to one for a class trip...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Actual
[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

mmirza23

Actually a LOT of gyms have video games, and most of those are gyms buying Wii's for their customers enjoyment. At my college our brand new state of the art wellness center has three 48 inch flat screen Tv's hooked up to DDR and, hold your breath, WII
notalkjustrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 notalkjustrock
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts

Well, these fat people who buy the Wii to lose weight will probably fail to lose the weight like they usually do, and then they'll be left with a video game console and a writers strike crippling television and movies, and we'll have another gamer funneling money into game developers.

Sounds good!

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns&feature=related

behold the truth. =LOL

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
I'm definitely getting it as a complement to my work out at the gym.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
Actual[QUOTE="mmirza23"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]

Nuck81

Actually a LOT of gyms have video games, and most of those are gyms buying Wii's for their customers enjoyment. At my college our brand new state of the art wellness center has three 48 inch flat screen Tv's hooked up to DDR and, hold your breath, WII

For it to truly effect the well-being of someone, they will have to use it on a consistent basis, while eating the right foods. I'm just thinking to many, like a lot of people, will just think doing it here and there will magically make you someone fit and healthier.

thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

THIS

Pretty much sums up how i feel about Wiifit

sheep, you really won't feel stupid while using that thing?? i mean come on....

McCool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 McCool69
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts

what if we took a gym and started putting video games in it, that kinda wouldn't make sense would it?mmirza23

It sure would make me visit the gym more often. Cause it's usually dead boring, so it takes a lot for me to go even though I sponsor my local gym with more than 60 bucks every single month just to be a member...

Wii-Fit is a great idea - I think it will sell in huge quantities. And it will probably deliver very good training compared to doing nothing. Which is the point; getting the couch potatoes up from the couch. It is of course not going to be a replacement for a fully featured gym, but that is not what it is aiming to be either.

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Give me a reason why Wii fit is needed.
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gigabrowser12

THIS

thejakel11225
We will we will.
drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 drewtwo99
Member since 2005 • 9156 Posts

THIS

thejakel11225

I'm looking forward to Wii fit, but that was pretty much the best parody I've ever seen.

mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mmirza23
Actual[QUOTE="mmirza23"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]

Nuck81

ok well dont you think that detracts from the main point of being at the gym? working out? if you go there and kill time on video games(something you can do at home), same point im trying to make vice versa, dont get me wrong nintendo has done really good things this gen, but this whole workout fitness thing, I don't think so...
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

just go to a gym if u wanna lose weight.......:?Dante2710

A gym membership costs a lot of money. Plus, Wii-fit would make exercising more entertaining. The reaon I don't exercise often is because it's dead boring.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e9044657a310
ctually
[QUOTE="Nuck81"]Actual[QUOTE="mmirza23"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]

mmirza23

ok well dont you think that detracts from the main point of being at the gym? working out? if you go there and kill time on video games(something you can do at home), same point im trying to make vice versa, dont get me wrong nintendo has done really good things this gen, but this whole workout fitness thing, I don't think so...

No one really get's to play it really, all the Asian Exchange students pretty well keep it tied up. There have been workout games before but none that actually had the chance to do any good.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts
I pity anyone who hopes this game doesn't sell well or sell like crazy. Wii Fit is a benefit to anyone, except very fit people who hate gaming (and eat only vegetables and raw eggs).
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]just go to a gym if u wanna lose weight.......:?Tylendal

A gym membership costs a lot of money. Plus, Wii-fit would make exercising more entertaining. The reaon I don't exercise often is because it's dead boring.

Can you explain how Wiifit will make exercising more fun??!!
jack_michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jack_michael
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts

imagine the sweat on the board. :|

ng1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ng1234

Just shortly after I made this thread a new demonstration came in from Gametrailers.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28374.html

Looks allright

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

ng1234

Since when is there a show called "Opera"?

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KingOfKonging
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts
I'm sure it will sell a bazillion copies.
ng1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ng1234
[QUOTE="ng1234"]

SaintBlaze

Since when is there a show called "Opera"?

Oprah

Happy now!?

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
They better make the board take more weight than the Japanese version.
Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts

TalesofRaGnArOk

Because excercising is lazy. :|

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

LOL! I saw the damn preview and it uses below~basic yoga crap. People that will buy these are those that bought those gimmick ab roller garbage.

New quote from the people: "Want to stay fit? Then stay away from Wii-Fit!"

fanboy-buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 fanboy-buster
Member since 2006 • 4594 Posts

I just say the snowboarding and the boxing videos, and after seeing that I only wonder...

WHY DOESNT NINTENDO MAKE A GREEN GOBLIN GAME USING THE BOARD+WIIMOTE+NUNCHUCK!!!!

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
[QUOTE="Tylendal"]

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]just go to a gym if u wanna lose weight.......:?thejakel11225

Can you explain how Wiifit will make exercising more fun??!!

The same way that Guitar Hero makes an incredibly repetitive minigame fun, or why many people play MMOs, when many sections of them are merely boring chores.

Avatar image for TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
TOTAL_DEFENSE_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48 TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts
i would say that it wont sell well but sadly, thats the same thing i said about Wii and sadly we all see that that's not true.
philhilluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 philhilluk
Member since 2004 • 1007 Posts

My wife and I will definately be picking up a copy of wii fit. No way am I paying gym fee's and this will make a nice change from all those exersise videos.

Nintendo have gotten everything right this generation. I hope whoever came up with their strategy for this generation is suitabily rewarded! - They stood no chance with a third expensive HD console and they knew it..... this motion stuff on a cheap console is just genius!