Wii U-exclusive Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge to go multiplatform

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SecretPolice (23572 posts) -

Just wow, that didn't take long :o

Not much interested in this but if you are and don't own a U, grats.

lems, cows, U buying? :P

The Story.

---

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-06-wii-u-exclusive-ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-to-go-multi-platform

Wii U-exclusive Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge to go multiplatform

PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners will get more content

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is no longer a Wii U exclusive.

Razor's Edge, an expanded version of Ninja Gaiden 3 - designed specifically for Nintendo's new console - will be released with more content for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The port will add another 25 missions, more costumes and all Wii U downloadable content, Famitsu reported (via Gematsu).

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge was one of several major third-party exclusives available at the Wii U launch.

PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will launch on 4th April in Japan. There's no word yet on a European date.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge scored 6/10 in Eurogamer's review last year, an improvement of the 4/10 doled out to the original version.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge trailer

#2 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
didnt nintendo publish that version though? I dont think anyone cares after how horrible vanilla ng3 was.
#3 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

Old

#4 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

Old

rjdofu
#5 Posted by clyde46 (47595 posts) -
I thought that Nintendo wanted to get more 3rd party support....
#6 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -
This is punishment for not buying it the first time.
#7 Posted by Wiiyou (650 posts) -

Not a big surprise here, why hold DLC exclusive, this will sell good at 360

I am not interested in this game at all, for any platform

#8 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

no one should care cause the game was crap anyways

#9 Posted by SecretPolice (23572 posts) -

Old

rjdofu

:oops: mah bad, I figured this news would be on the first page being that it's a new, next, this, I dunno gen console losing an exclusive - oh well.

#10 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28075 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

Old

SecretPolice

:oops: mah bad, I figured this news would be on the first page being that it's a new, next, this, I dunno gen console losing an exclusive - oh well.

It's Ninja Gaiden 3. What did you expect? :P
#11 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
So many people bought U's for this game! OMG!
#12 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

Why won't they just let the game die and disappear? ;-; I really don't think many people care for NG3.

#13 Posted by SecretPolice (23572 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

Old

nintendoboy16

It's Ninja Gaiden 3. What did you expect? :P

I hear ya and isn't it kinda sad since one need only go back 5-7 years ago when a hint of a NG3 coming would have many squealing like lil girls. :P

#14 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

Old

SecretPolice

I set it up as 50 topics per page, so it's still in the 1st page for me :P. Not like it's a major lost or anything tho, Razors Edge did pretty poorly on the Wii U (I suppose), so it's normal for Team Ninja to seek out different platforms. Also, it's Team Ninja, exclusive is not in their book. Now if Bayonetta 2 goes multiplat, that would be a huge lost.
#15 Posted by LastRambo341 (8767 posts) -
Who is gonna bet that they're gonna make NG3: Razor Edge Plus for Vita? :P
#16 Posted by RR360DD (13047 posts) -
Next to go multiplat: Rayman legends :twisted:
#17 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28075 posts) -

Next to go multiplat: Rayman legends :twisted:RR360DD
Don't hold your breath. That game is WAY too tied to the Wii U pad.

TOO MUCH of the game would have to be changed.

#18 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Next to go multiplat: Rayman legends :twisted:nintendoboy16

any examples? I havnt been following legends AT ALL. Couldnt they just make it so it plays like origins?
#19 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28075 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Next to go multiplat: Rayman legends :twisted:campzor

any examples? I havnt been following legends AT ALL. Couldnt they just make it so it plays like origins?

From what I understand, there are quite a few moments where you need the touch screen, mainly the co-op while playing the character, Murfy.

#20 Posted by funsohng (28994 posts) -
Ninja Gaiden 3? That game is coming out on February the 19th under the sexy name of Metal Gear Rising.
#21 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden 3? That game is coming out on February the 19th under the sexy name of Metal Gear Rising.funsohng
That sure is a sexy name.

#22 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"]Ninja Gaiden 3? That game is coming out on February the 19th under the sexy name of Metal Gear Rising.timmy00

Sexy name sexy game.
#23 Posted by Fizzman (9884 posts) -
POS exclusive is now a POS multiplat.
#24 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9522 posts) -

this will sell good at 360

Wiiyou
Lol no it won't.
#25 Posted by spike6958 (5080 posts) -
This should be a FREE update for anyone who owns the PS3/360 version of the game. They should not be allowed to charge full price for garbage like this, and then expect people to pay full price again for the "fixed" version.
#26 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
Wasn't really exclusive.
#27 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
This should be a FREE update for anyone who owns the PS3/360 version of the game. They should not be allowed to charge full price for garbage like this, and then expect people to pay full price again for the "fixed" version.spike6958
Amen, beta should be free.
#28 Posted by istreakforfood (7781 posts) -

Do not want.

Ninja Gaiden is dead to me.

#29 Posted by Wiiyou (650 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

Xaero_Gravity

Lol no it won't.

Better than WiiU and Ps3 i believe

#30 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

Wiiyou

Lol no it won't.

Why, 360 already has NG3.
#31 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9522 posts) -
[QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]Lol no it won't.fernandmondego_

Yeah and it failed commercially. I guarantee this will as well.
#32 Posted by DontGetBigIdeas (252 posts) -
Fans of Ninja Gaiden should rejoice. This version is much better than NG3, has more content and is overall just a better package. I enjoyed it on the WiiU and am glad that fans won't need to feel forced to buy a WiiU now to play the NG3 we should have gotten.
#33 Posted by SecretPolice (23572 posts) -

Fans of Ninja Gaiden should rejoice. This version is much better than NG3, has more content and is overall just a better package. I enjoyed it on the WiiU and am glad that fans won't need to feel forced to buy a WiiU now to play the NG3 we should have gotten.DontGetBigIdeas
I suppose there's gotta be some fans out there Wii U'less wanting this plus the news states this version will come with even more extra content so umm, that's cool I guess.

#34 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3657 posts) -

I set it up as 50 topics per page, so it's still in the 1st page for me :P. Not like it's a major lost or anything tho, Razors Edge did pretty poorly on the Wii U (I suppose), so it's normal for Team Ninja to seek out different platforms. Also, it's Team Ninja, exclusive is not in their book. Now if Bayonetta 2 goes multiplat, that would be a huge lost. rjdofu

Here's why I think this is significant news, though. Even if the majority of people believes that Razor's Edge is mediocre, its multiplatforming brings up a question. If one Nintendo-published third party 'exclusive' can jump ship (and so soon), what is there to make us believe that other games, like Bayonetta 2, won't eventually follow suit? Unfortunately for Nintendo, this has created a precedent, and given the almost non-existent third party sales on the Wii U so far and the state of the console in particular, this was the LAST thing Nintendo needed if its intent is to inspire consumers and third parties to believe in the console.

I would like to say that I feel worse for Wii U owners than I do, but on top of the rumors that had been swirling around this game even before it was released, I had a feeling that this would eventually be the Wii U's fate with its third party games anyway. And of course, PS3/Xbox 360 owners that picked up the original game are no doubt fuming about this. However, I can't say I belong to either group, so I'm kinda looking forward to this game cautiously. Probably not a full-priced pickup, but I can see it finding a way into my collection eventually.

#35 Posted by Wiiyou (650 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]Lol no it won't.fernandmondego_

Lems is used to buy DLC

#36 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

I wouldn't really call it an exclusive.

#37 Posted by funsohng (28994 posts) -
[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"]Ninja Gaiden 3? That game is coming out on February the 19th under the sexy name of Metal Gear Rising.rjdofu

Sexy name sexy game.

Sexy Ninja Raiden 3 is sexy.
#38 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28075 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]I set it up as 50 topics per page, so it's still in the 1st page for me :P. Not like it's a major lost or anything tho, Razors Edge did pretty poorly on the Wii U (I suppose), so it's normal for Team Ninja to seek out different platforms. Also, it's Team Ninja, exclusive is not in their book. Now if Bayonetta 2 goes multiplat, that would be a huge lost. Madmangamer364

Here's why I think this is significant news, though. Even if the majority of people believes that Razor's Edge is mediocre, its multiplatforming brings up a question. If one Nintendo-published third party 'exclusive' can jump ship (and so soon), what is there to make us believe that other games, like Bayonetta 2, won't eventually follow suit? Unfortunately for Nintendo, this has created a precedent, and given the almost non-existent third party sales on the Wii U so far and the state of the console in particular, this was the LAST thing Nintendo needed if its intent is to inspire consumers and third parties to believe in the console.

I would like to say that I feel worse for Wii U owners than I do, but on top of the rumors that had been swirling around this game even before it was released, I had a feeling that this would eventually be the Wii U's fate with its third party games anyway. And of course, PS3/Xbox 360 owners that picked up the original game are no doubt fuming about this. However, I can't say I belong to either group, so I'm kinda looking forward to this game cautiously. Probably not a full-priced pickup, but I can see it finding a way into my collection eventually.

Problem is, Bayonetta 2 had Nintendo pick up the project SEGA canned and has developers from Nintendo as well. Seems as likely as MGS: Twin Snakes getting a PS2 port.
#39 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3657 posts) -

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]I set it up as 50 topics per page, so it's still in the 1st page for me :P. Not like it's a major lost or anything tho, Razors Edge did pretty poorly on the Wii U (I suppose), so it's normal for Team Ninja to seek out different platforms. Also, it's Team Ninja, exclusive is not in their book. Now if Bayonetta 2 goes multiplat, that would be a huge lost. nintendoboy16

Problem is, Bayonetta 2 had Nintendo pick up the project SEGA canned and has developers from Nintendo as well. Seems as likely as MGS: Twin Snakes getting a PS2 port.

Didn't Razor's Edge supposedly get help from Nintendo, too? And it was because of that, many didn't believe that there was a way Razor's Edge could make it to another system... until yesterday. Nintendo picking up Bayonetta 2 no longer seems as relevant as the fact that it's a third party game and we now know that there's a chance it could make its way elsewhere, especially if sales of the Wii U version aren't there (which I'm becoming more convinced that they won't be by the day).

Heck, Team Ninja didn't even give Razor's Edge the 'Sigma' treatment this time around, but just took the Wii U version and made it playable on the other systems. At the very least, I could see Sega and Platinum doing an extended cut version of Bayonetta 2 at some point once the main game is established. If so, I think it'll be safe to say that the Wii U's chances of becoming a respectable platform for third parties pretty much goes down the drain from that point.

#40 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden 3? That game is coming out on February the 19th under the sexy name of Metal Gear Rising.funsohng

Yeah.. no. 

#41 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]I set it up as 50 topics per page, so it's still in the 1st page for me :P. Not like it's a major lost or anything tho, Razors Edge did pretty poorly on the Wii U (I suppose), so it's normal for Team Ninja to seek out different platforms. Also, it's Team Ninja, exclusive is not in their book. Now if Bayonetta 2 goes multiplat, that would be a huge lost. Madmangamer364

Razor's edge was published by both Tecmo & Nintendo according to some source actually; unlike Bayonetta 2 which will be published only by Nintendo. You're right about Wii U 3rd party support, it probably won't be well supported once the next HD twins coming out, the Wii U will be left in dust just like the Wii this gen.

#42 Posted by cainetao11 (19554 posts) -
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

Old

rjdofu

I set it up as 50 topics per page, so it's still in the 1st page for me :P. Not like it's a major lost or anything tho, Razors Edge did pretty poorly on the Wii U (I suppose), so it's normal for Team Ninja to seek out different platforms. Also, it's Team Ninja, exclusive is not in their book. Now if Bayonetta 2 goes multiplat, that would be a huge lost.

Bet any amount it does. This business is too expensive to be third party exclusive. Bayo 2 will not remain exclusive to WiiU.
#43 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]:oops: mah bad, I figured this news would be on the first page being that it's a new, next, this, I dunno gen console losing an exclusive - oh well.cainetao11

Bet any amount it does. This business is too expensive to be third party exclusive. Bayo 2 will not remain exclusive to WiiU.

If that's true, I'll be so happy to wait :P.
#44 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3657 posts) -

Razor's edge was published by both Tecmo & Nintendo according to some source actually; unlike Bayonetta 2 which will be published only by Nintendo. You're right about Wii U 3rd party support, it probably won't be well supported once the next HD twins coming out, the Wii U will be left in dust just like the Wii this gen.

rjdofu

Even so, I still wouldn't count out Bayonetta 2 going mutliplat in some fashion down the line. It wouldn't be the first third party game to be published by a console maker and then find its way on a competing platform. At best, it would just mean Bayonetta 2 vanilla won't be a multiplat, but if Sega/Platinum discovers that there are enough people that want to play this game that don't have Wii Us, its presence on PS3/Xbox 360 or their successors is only academic.

I felt this way BEFORE Razor's Edge became multiplat, but now that I've seen this happen already, it's just hard to believe that other publishers/developers won't look at this and keep from getting the urge to do the same. HD development was costly enough before the Wii U came into the picture. Now that we're seeing that the Wii U isn't exactly helping third parties out the way some people thought it would, you can be sure most are going to look for a way out anyway they can.

#45 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9522 posts) -
Ninja Gaiden 2 was published by Microsoft and that didn't stop Tecmo from releasing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the PlayStation 3. I could see Sega doing something similar with Bayonetta 2 if it's successful on the Wii U and demand is high enough.
#46 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

Wiiyou

Lems is used to buy DLC

:?
#47 Posted by Heil68 (47214 posts) -
Has anybody played the Wiiu version? Thought about renting it.
#48 Posted by ni6htmare01 (1112 posts) -

First Ninja Gaiden than they will make a special verson of Bayonetta 2 for the Next Box and PS4. That is just how is going to be unless is a first party studo game

#49 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
Ninja Gaiden 2 was published by Microsoft and that didn't stop Tecmo from releasing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the PlayStation 3. I could see Sega doing something similar with Bayonetta 2 if it's successful on the Wii U and demand is high enough.Xaero_Gravity
Good point, if that happen, then at least I hope it would come with more decent content, instead of just a lazy port like Bayonetta PS3.
#50 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9522 posts) -
[QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"] Why, 360 already has NG3.fernandmondego_

Lems is used to buy DLC

:?

He's a sheep. They're still adjusting to having a decent online infrastructure. ;)